Feedback New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaddel

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
67
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
This is from a purely graphic design standpoint (all in all it looks great)...

1) All of the left navigation buttons need to have pictures

2) The words inside of the buttons need to be easier to see. Either have a dark background with light colors, or use contrasting colors.
 

ALKHHKLA

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
174
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Love the new drop down menu for manga searches.
 

Goji

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2007
Messages
878
Reaction score
92
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
Belgium
The changes are great! I like them all very much. :amuse
 

ddadain

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2006
Messages
636
Reaction score
128
Gender
Male
Country
Hong Kong
Blah, I dunno how to take piccy O_o Does Print Screen work XD LOL >_>[br]Posted on: February 12, 2007, 09:50:51 AM_________________________________________________Blah, I dunno how to take piccy O_o Does Print Screen work XD LOL >_>
 

ibra87

天のデンマーク語
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 18, 2006
Messages
6,110
Reaction score
1,288
Country
Denmark
If you don't have a certain program, all you have to do (windows Xp here) is press the Print screen button (PrtScrn) and then go to paint and paste (ctrl+v). That should do, I hope.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
ddadain said:
Blah, I dunno how to take piccy O_o Does Print Screen work XD LOL >_>[br]Posted on: February 12, 2007, 09:50:51 AM_________________________________________________Blah, I dunno how to take piccy O_o Does Print Screen work XD LOL >_>
ummm press print screen then open up a image program and paste in there :D

Keep the comments coming we'll try to keep changing things as we can :D
 

Daryl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
I love the navigation on the left side and the drop-down menu but there are two things that don't match up yet.

1) In my opinion is the News Content way too big. I'd recommend making it way shorter or a separate link. Everything looks so clean and short but the really long news post destroys the whole picture.

3) The little Quick Links field is too small for all those letters. It looks clouded. I'd recommend deleting one Quick Link or resizing the field.

Just my two cents...
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
OK I went ahead and made the front page area smaller :D and did away with the learn Japanese link ^^; how's it look now?
 

Uozumi

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2006
Messages
331
Reaction score
2
Age
41
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I like parts of it. The image buttons are really cool, but they kind of seem off since the rest of the links aren't images in the navigation bar. The drop-down box is pretty nifty and it's a nifty shortcut when looking for things. I think that if a uniform look can be put together, it'll look better and less messy.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Though, having everything with images would leave it too graphic heavy.. no? how about some images on the sides of the links(like before), would that work?
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
How long have we had a legal disclaimer? Also does this mean we are protected from ever being in trouble for Editing.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
manu said:
How long have we had a legal disclaimer? Also does this mean we are protected from ever being in trouble for Editing.
it's been there the entire time :p. And ummm nope, not really :p
 

manu

Manga Editor
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
16
Gender
Male
Country
United States
So I'm trying to figure out the legal disclaimer. What is protected? All I'm sure of is that if somebody hacks this site they get sued... I think.
 

Daryl

Manga Editor
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 29, 2006
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
njt said:
OK I went ahead and made the front page area smaller :D and did away with the learn Japanese link ^^; how's it look now?
It looks way much better :-) !! Good job!
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
manu said:
So I'm trying to figure out the legal disclaimer. What is protected? All I'm sure of is that if somebody hacks this site they get sued... I think.
it just pretty much means that the stuff you find here, is made by us, the stuff that is copyrighted by other people belongs to them... ^^;
 

yoniekai

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
3,799
Reaction score
405
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
yeah a + image button. now that's way prettier :D
 

C4animax

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
30
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
Yo, my comments :

I don't like the "bankai" size (refering to ichigo's one) of the forum really...but i'm sure this will vanish with time. (the area where we write seems downsized as well ?) . since you are making changes why not take out the personal menu above as well as the 5 useless buttons as well as trying to smoothly fuse them together, that would look smoother.

I do like the manga list!!!! How many times has it been when i' was trying to look for a link and wasn't able to get it...

As for heavy graphic theme, why not making one for members that has big connections and good cpu?

ps: is it normal that when i come on the index of MH i have to click on a link before it logs me on?

Anyway good job!
 

Babii-Boo

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 3, 2006
Messages
439
Reaction score
1
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
I like the new layout ^_______^ Looks great.
 

sharinganLS

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
1,149
Reaction score
9
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Awesome dropdown list. LOVE IT :)
Personally i would to see the theater and arcade section on that drop down list (for naruto or any other anime)
 

SporkNinja

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
United States
THE RANDOM IMAGE ON THE FRONT PAGE WORKS!!! that has made my day! ROFL. :D ZOMG OMG ZOMG OMG! >:D

I like the images, but for me, now this may just be me only and only my preference. I like how you can live the images extended with the text in those images still displaying.

I'm told of the forum size, I'm not noticing it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top