Feedback - New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Feedback New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

zindryr

誰も知らない
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Alright everyone, as I'm sure you've noticed, the layout here has slightly changed. For the better, we hope, but that's why we're trying to get some feedback.

New Buttons
I think the most obvious change that you'll notice are the new buttons to the left of your screen. Neat looking, no? Well, not only do they look good, they're functional, too. Try clicking one. It should open up a little menu below it that has some links to your favorite places. Clicking Naruto, for example, will show a little menu with links to Naruto sections on the forum. What's even cooler about that is the forum should save which of those that you leave open whenever you browse around the site. So if you have opened up Naruto as I'm sure most of you already have, it will stay open for as long as you leave it open. Neat? We thought it was. It also helps to clean up the left side some, instead of having a long menu with links that not everyone always used. (I'm guilty of that.)

Dropdown Manga List
At the bottom of our newly stylized menu, which you folks may or may not have noticed, is a new dropdown menu that politely asks, "Looking For Manga?" If you go ahead and click that you'll find a long list of manga series there. Find one that you particularly enjoy and select it. That should take you to the thread or section of the forum related to that series. We included a lot of series, and some on there aren't the most popular here, but it helps so you don't have to always go through and search through the various sections of the forum only to find that the thread talking about that series is somewhere else.

90% Size
Lastly, as we're sure you've noticed, the forum seems slightly shrunk. It doesn't fill your whole browser screen like it used to do. That's because it has been shrunk a bit down to 90% of your browser screen so it scales down or up in size depending on how large you have your browser, or display resolution. That way you won't have to side scroll on the forum.

We hope you guys like the changes, and would love to have some feedback even if you don't. So, go ahead, vote in the poll, post below, and let us know what you think.

La_Muerte

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Dominican Republic
as borat would say "very nice", i like the new style its different and it shows that its not always gonna be the same, also its easier to pick where u wanna go from the main screen, i also like how the picture of ur avatar is up in the middle of the front page, u guys should move the control panel over there, may look better

kiddo7

Reaction score
Country
Austria
I really like the new buttons and the way the drop down menus make the forums fell more organized and compact. I actually did not notice the change in the width of the page until I read this post because my monitor is rather large (1280*1024) But I can see how this will be awesome for the times that i am not at my own computer.
I also just noticed the "Looking for manga?" drop down menu. That is a genius idea, we often have people posting requests and what not in the wrong section because they could not find or rather did not know that the manga in question already has a section or discussion board. This little addition of yours could change all that.
So far every change you have made to the forums and the website in general, as far as I can remember, has been an improvement. Keep up the good work guys.

Just wondering, is it just my computer or did the entire news section on the front page get erased?

chvis002

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
"Everything is excellent" when I get used to this new size. Hopfully it won't take that long. A big :thumbs to the nice buttons

destinator

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
chvis002 said:
"Everything is excellent" when I get used to this new size. Hopfully it won't take that long. A big :thumbs to the nice buttons
Well that counts for me too. The only thing that I cant like somehow is the new size...the rest is awesome :D Especially the drop down menu!!!

chvis002

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
kiddo7 said:
Just wondering, is it just my computer or did the entire news section on the front page get erased?
My computer does the same but I guess you guyes are working on it ;)

About the Naruto button, shouldn't it have Naruto after the timeleap?

Fuzzy

Post Hijacker
Reaction score
Country
United States
naruto is naruto and you can tell who it is, and its so small anyways it dont really matter

venicia777

Manga Editor
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Abu Dhabi
des said:
Well that counts for me too. The only thing that I cant like somehow is the new size...the rest is awesome :D Especially the drop down menu!!!
you called it- des. Everything else is superb. it is definately easier to navigate for many.

Well, i will play around a little and see if my opinion changes.

iThePirate

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory
I like it, the buttons look nice and the dropdown is superb.
Size have never bothered me so can't really say anything on that (1680x1050).
Well all 'n all nicely done.

ddadain

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
I'm a sad, sardonic ***** Oh well, XD

Anwhoo, might as well give feedback.

1.) The top links (above the news) are all obscured. *From a typesetter's point of view, a complete explosion of words being jumbled up by my browser or just because it's too squished. [Might not be the case for people who has widescreen, double window sized computer screens. I have the normal 1024 x 768 resolution.]

2.) New buttons are nice, although the +/- to show the rest of the forums might not be such a good idea since some people might not know what +/- sign means. In fact, I never really pushed the forum link before (when I was a newbie). Besides, some people may have their browser disable javascripts (dunno, I had to fix mine). It makes the forum looks barer than it is, though, of course I would prefer spick and span rather than "exploding unimpression", but I'm just presenting different views.

3.) The "Looking for manga?" scrolling down option is GREAT. But, some of the mangas there are DROPPED by their Manga Editors. It would be nice if you have one by POPULARITY and another just plain ALPHANUMERICAL, if you get my drift.

4.) The downsizing of the webby to 90% is, IMO, cool... Just that people with already small screen would have a problem. Besides, most people don't know that their browser (I.E, Firefox) has an inbuilt zoom function for those who've got bad iSIGHT.

5.) It would be capaciously incandescent and superfluously great if ALL the other buttons on the menu had picture-image link! XD LOL >_>

BlueChild

Undercover Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Germany
i agree with des and chvis002! i especially like the drop down menu, gives a great overview! great work ^^

Galth

Puella Magi
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
chvis002 said:
^ Same.

Sarada

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
The buttons look good, but i liked that forum links thing .... now i can't find anything :(

kadodo

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
Haiti
Yo, I just came to Mh today and I was like is something with computer? But when I took a better I was like daang! Them stuff are hot. So I say good work.

blazingsora

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
awesome site thxXD

ttxdragon

Dearly Missed ;__;
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela
i want the 100% back :P

or the whole menu and all on the right side :P

i like the changes but one of the above would make it perfect :P

Bebi

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It looked more, er, "professional" before, and now it takes longer (about a second >_>) to find what you are looking for. But, it's still pretty good, by no means bad, and not hard to adapt to. 100% looked better, though.

exo15

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines
WAhohohoho!!! Like IT!!! GOOd Work!!! it is NOW organize!!! it is not difficult anymore to find other Manga Series!!! Thankz!!!

xetak6

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
used to take me a while to look through every link to find what i was looking for, the buttons and drop down list are a very good addition IMO. i really dont see a size diff so i guess thats good for others.

~Lilium~

Reaction score
Country
British Antarctic Territory
it looks cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.