Feedback New(ish) Layout, let us know what you think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Nami said:
I'm a bit off-topic here..but NANA is one of the more popular series...just that the shoujo fans or members here I think is a bit small or still growing... ?!! ...:smile-big
-------------------
Taking a look at Shoujo Dept again - it seems there are ad-hoc queries in there. So maybe there should be 'Queries on Shoujo Series - where to get them', 'Discussion on certain series - e.g. Goong, Nana', 'Latest Edited Manga Annoucements', 'Shoujo Anime Discussions' etc. I also know a lot of shoujo groups looking for translators & Manga Editors too....so.... anyway, just thinking aloud :)

But the Shoujo Index for now seems ok. :amuse
We'll try to improve the Shoujo section, but that seems to get little attention from the members here for some reason. It would be helpful if we had a few shoujo-oriented Edited Manga groups or translators here.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
Gold Knight said:
We'll try to improve the Shoujo section, but that seems to get little attention from the members here for some reason. It would be helpful if we had a few shoujo-oriented Edited Manga groups or translators here.
Indeed :). I think I also have an idea for the general forums pic...
 

UzumakiRoman

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2006
Messages
291
Reaction score
3
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Fresh to death!! Ossu!
 

Not

Banned
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Oct 24, 2006
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I don't care about the size, but I think the new buttons and the dropdown manga list are excellent changes, great work!! I really like this new layout ^^
 

Slashout

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
1,077
Reaction score
538
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
France
I like it. I was surprised (in a good way) when I found out that my choices were kept when I came back. The picture are nice, and you really can tell what's what.
I never noticed the "looking for Manga" until I read it. It's really great, and I never knew that those manga were being translated/scanlated here...
I never noticed the size change. My screen resolution is 1280*1024 so it's big enough for me.

Everything is great. But if I had to find a little something to change, that would be on the "Looking for manga" section.
When you scroll down and see the list, you can't use Firefox function "open in a new tab" by right clicking on a manga (I don't know if that's the good word, in french the function is "Ouvrir dans un nouvel onglet", when you open a new windows on the same one you are using and can browse through them by clicking on them under your favorites). because of that we will loose the window we are curently on. So if we want to remain on that windows we have to open a new one, just to look through those manga. That's the only (SUPER) minor thing i noticed :).
 

LotusBlade

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
392
Reaction score
8
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Layout better than before, much more lively.
 

3301254

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Jan 10, 2006
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
still No. 1 Naruto and Bleach site on the Web
 

JoJoJO

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
483
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Jamaica
I love the new layout, Looking for Manga? I think his the best part and also I don't have to see all those annoying users online :smile-big
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
JoJoJO said:
I love the new layout, Looking for Manga? I think his the best part and also I don't have to see all those annoying users online :smile-big
eh--- seeing lots of users online is fun :D since yeah- I know who is online... and it's helpful that way :p
 

Ichimaru Gin n Tonic

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jun 13, 2006
Messages
5,054
Reaction score
13
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Just one question, does the clickable menu thingy on the left should expand everytime a new page/tab opens? Because sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. :D
 

bakashijinsan

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2006
Messages
1,660
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
Philippines
I like the new changes for the site so much, especially the picture buttons on the left. Also the drop down box for finding manga is great. I don't have to go to General Manga then browse the threads to check if someone posted for 20th Century Boys, My Balls and Beck!

This is all neat! :D :D
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
I've added Translator Central and Manga Editor Central open/close menus in order to make navigation simpler for these sections as well, and perhaps to bring more attention to them as well.

We're working on adding buttons for General Forums, Trans. Central, and Scan. Central. Should be added later in the weekend or next week.
 

TechnoMagus

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2007
Messages
1,970
Reaction score
27
Gender
Hidden
Country
Antarctica
maybe you could adjust the size to 95% full size? there's a lot of space in the sides for me... :D
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
KakashiTux-Sensei said:
maybe you could adjust the size to 95% full size? there's a lot of space in the sides for me... :D
haha... hmmm nah... we'll leave it like this for a while :p I think it's just right in terms of size :)[br]Posted on: February 18, 2007, 12:29:35 PM_________________________________________________
ichimaru_gin_n_tonic said:
Just one question, does the clickable menu thingy on the left should expand everytime a new page/tab opens? Because sometimes it does and sometimes it doesnt. :D
ah sometimes with firefox it expands like that :p. probably because it's reloading lots of information and loads your settings after.
 

C4animax

Intl Translator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
1,027
Reaction score
30
Gender
Hidden
Country
France
I don't remember who said i should thanks who for the connected people thing but thanks ^^...anyways could the login thing be fixed? :D Each time i connect to MH it doesn't reconize me straigh away i always needs to click somewere :(...
Firefox user...obviously ;) .
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
C4animax said:
I don't remember who said i should thanks who for the connected people thing but thanks ^^...anyways could the login thing be fixed? :D Each time i connect to MH it doesn't reconize me straigh away i always needs to click somewere :(...
Firefox user...obviously ;) .
I also use firefox and haven't had a problem... try clearing your cookies (make sure all are completely deleted) and then try signing in.... it should work that way :).
 

Meno

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
195
Reaction score
2
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll be honest. I don't find the change particularly exciting or even relevant. Just pictures and a smaller size is all.
 

njt

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄)
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Administrator
Joined
Feb 28, 2005
Messages
4,262
Reaction score
2,130
Age
42
Gender
Male
Country
Japan
menobaka said:
I'll be honest. I don't find the change particularly exciting or even relevant. Just pictures and a smaller size is all.
but... the pictures hide the links if you click on them :D that's exciting >.> *clicks*
 

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,275
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Well, it's impossible to please everybody I guess XD But that doesn't stop us from trying.[br]Posted on: February 19, 2007, 07:10:33 AM_________________________________________________* * *

Update: I've put all the Art Forums on top instead of Edited Manga Inquiries, so that they can get more attention, both on the forums and in the menu as well.
 

~Lilium~

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2006
Messages
1,519
Reaction score
8
Gender
Female
Country
British Antarctic Territory
it was confusing at first... but finally got around it. It's good and more organized! Nice job! :thumbs
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top