Just no. Even if you add the "this role cannot be claimed" rule, there will still be ways around that and then the game is ruined. I don't know if this was even a serious proposition. Just no.
That's the best iteration of the gambler I've read from you yet. I don't really like %-roles though since they make it harder for me to predict the paths the game could take, but nevermind that.
How would he use the won vote? Would it be something like the politician, the host PMing and forcing the player to change it? That would make it obvious that a gambler is in the game. Noble and politician need some tweaking so I'm not sure we should base it on how the politician works.
Since I doubt politician and Noble will face much changes; this is a good suggestion. If the Mafia Gambler forces the loser to change the vote himself (via Host ofc) then he can act like a Mafia politician but one who got a risk and who might hurt his own faction if he loses plus it sort of hides the Mafia Gambler as players might believe there is a politician (or two) in the game.
^How about that?
Also I got inspired by your level up system this game and thought that a Townie using this sorta system would be pretty fantastic and mighty interesting addition to the game.
This way the Apprentice could accidentally change camp, giving the Mafia an extra member, albeit an unskilled one. And ofc for the townies if they are lucky they gain a new det/doc/spy/prostitute/etc though ofc he could also just happen to come across a normal townie and wasting his role learning for nothing.
This role might also work with the Mafia but then it would look quite differently:
Urchin
Day Action - Blocks a player who hasn't voted yet from voting. Can used only once per game.
Street Whore
Night Action - Blocks a player from doing any actions this night. Can be used only once per game.
Lackey
Night Action - Cleans the body after the kill of another Mafia Player. Can be used only once per game.
Brute
Night Action - Free kill at night with a 50/50 chance to either kill the target or get killed himself. Can be used only once per game.
Well, something like that. While the Townie Apprentice is easier to manage and pretty cool as player as you never know what role you gonna end up plus you always hope your "teacher" doesn't get killed/lynched/blocked this got sort of a personal tension.
Mafia Apprentice might be interesting since he sorts of hinders his own crew to use their full potential but he also got his own uses and unlike the Townie Apprentice he could learn another secondary role as long as he and his teacher live long enough in the game for 6 nights. Unlike the Townie Apprentice he can only use each secondary role once then has to learn again to get another secondary role, always hoping his teach won't get killed, lynched or blocked.
I feel Mafia Gambler is a bit too High risk low reward, and a role that if I were to play I wouldn't be too fond of using it. Something a lot of people do in mafia in general whenever they host or come up with new roles is avoiding roles that are luck based, as the game is already confusing, unreliable and ¨luck based¨ enough already; so it's hard to balance roles that depend on RNG.
On the other hand I rly like both Apprentices -I like the Townie Apprentice that commits Seppuku more than the one that turns though-, although maybe I would change the roles the mafia one gets.
Or have both apprentices, kinda like a different sanity thing so you never know if you'd die if you pick a mafia or kill yourself, both can work well depending on the game.
Or have both apprentices, kinda like a different sanity thing so you never know if you'd die if you pick a mafia or kill yourself, both can work well depending on the game.
I feel Mafia Gambler is a bit too High risk low reward, and a role that if I were to play I wouldn't be too fond of using it. Something a lot of people do in mafia in general whenever they host or come up with new roles is avoiding roles that are luck based, as the game is already confusing, unreliable and ¨luck based¨ enough already; so it's hard to balance roles that depend on RNG.
On the other hand I rly like both Apprentices -I like the Townie Apprentice that commits Seppuku more than the one that turns though-, although maybe I would change the roles the mafia one gets.
MG has a 50/50 chance to win though. Maybe if it is changed that Mafia can still block the Townie who won the bet as well as taking about that the MG loses his role if he loses twice in a row will make the risk lower and the reward more effective?
Glad you like the Apprentices. Having roles which can "level up" might be a very fun addition to the game. People already like the Seals used in this match a lot, I know I do. As for the Mafia Apprentice that is just a rough draft, another Idea I got for him is that the MA can only learn certain secondary roles from certain Mafia roles, like the Lackey one from the Mafia Janitor which would mean that the Mafia could not use the Mafia Janitor for three nights. Though if we would do that then I would reduce it to two nights, so that the Mafias could say, hey who cares about blocking the first two nights? Let the Escort teach the Apprentice so that some point in the game we can block two people at once if needed.
You guys are like tryharding too much ... I think there are enough roles now ... like at this point the mafia can clain wtv tf they want and it will be believable if the players don't slip up ... just saying xddd (James take a break or two lol)
Suggestion: don't you guys wanna update the members with power to approve roles list to a number of 3 or 5 that would rly check and evaluate them and then a simple majority of approvals would be enough to get something in the roles list?
Suggestion: don't you guys wanna update the members with power to approve roles list to a number of 3 or 5 that would rly check and evaluate them and then a simple majority of approvals would be enough to get something in the roles list?
It makes more sense to have 3 to 5 people that host games, since they'll be the ones to make setups with those roles and balance it.
Evil being sensitive over MG suggestions, surprise surprise...
I'm nor sensitive just annoyed over the inability of making decisions with this democracy. Numbers of reviewers got increased long ago, it didn't however correlate with more roles being approved or even reviewed.
Hosts may or may not implemented the roles in their own setup, so don't really see a point in your argument. The role can still be there on the list and players can speculate or whatever
Suggestion: don't you guys wanna update the members with power to approve roles list to a number of 3 or 5 that would rly check and evaluate them and then a simple majority of approvals would be enough to get something in the roles list?
Why not make it a poisonous bomb with a 50/50 chance of the random victim to die each following night? So if the townie/mafia is lucky he can survive for some time before the nuclear waste does him in.
Could you post role recommendations after the current game has ended or during night phase please? I cannot really review anything right now. Thank you.