Don’t mind me, I just get Mafia abstinence whenever I’ve just played a game and need to still it somehow. So here are some silly roles I came up with while driving today.
Dodger (Town)
Picks one player at Night to dodge; if said player targets the Dodger, the targeting fails.
(Alternatively, if the other player is a Mafia whose team targets the Dodger, the targeting fails?)
Kidnapper (Town)
Picks one person per Night to kidnap. The targeted player is protected from other Night Actions, but also fails to perform their own Night action. If the target is a Mafia, the kidnapping fails.
Mercenary (Undecided)
At Night gets one guess at who is a Mafia Boss or Serial Killer. If correctly guessing a Mafia Boss, joins that Boss’ team. If correctly guessing a Serial Killer, they become Mentor/Mentee.
(If the Mercenary dies as a Mentee, the SK/Mentor goes back to being a Serial Killer.
(I know, this would be a nightmare to include, balance-wise

)
Witness (Town)
Can target one player at Night, and if said player dies, the Witness finds out
what caused the death (Mafia kill, Insane Doctor, PGO, “Hider death by proxy”, etc) but not who did it.
EDIT: Just realized there already is Mortician who has this power but better..
Surgeon (
Town)
Can save targets at Night like a regular Doctor, or try to save one person who was lynched the Day before. This ability has a 50/50 success rate, and if used (whether successful or failed) the Surgeon cannot use any Night action the following Night (two Nights? Idk)
Judas (
Mafia)
Like a regular Traitor, but also knows who is
Jesus, and if Judas is recruited, Jesus dies and is unable to resurrect.
Inigo Montoya / Inigo Montoya’s Father (Secondary)
If Inigo Montoya’s Father dies by lynching, the other person learns they are Inigo Montoya and can - at any point in the game and only once - choose one of the people who voted for him and kill them at Day (saying “Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!”)
If Inigo Montoya’s Father dies at Night, Inigo Montoya can each Night try to kill who he thinks killed him, and if he guesses correctly his target dies (if he’s wrong, nothing happens).
During the time Inigo Montoya is Inigo Montoya, his normal role can not be used, because Inigo Montoya only cares about avenging his father.
Okay, so some of these may be joke ones.

Like I said, I just came up with these during the day for fun, haven’t really tried to hypothetically apply them into any real situations (but that’s how I came up with previous roles which are now in the game, so

).
Also, I may or may not have rewatched The Princess Bride last night..