Discussion - Next year... | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Next year...

Bowser

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which team would do best after the third years all left?

The ones I can remember off the top of my head:
Seigaku: Momo, Kaidou, Arai?
Fudomine: Shinji, Kamio, Sakurai, Ishida...
St Rudolph: Yuuta
Yamabuki: Dan, Muromachi
Hyoutei: Hiyoshi, Ootori, Kabajii
Rokkaku: Aoi, Davide
Rikkai: Kirahira
Higachuu: None I can remember
Shitenhoujii: Zaizen

DavenSodan

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Fudomine would rule the place if we assume that every team gets your average player. But I think that Rikkaidai has some very good 2nd years then.

Seigaku has just Kaido and Momo... I dont think Arai can pull off something and the 3 freshman are way to lame in my opinion. So Saigaku win two singles or one double and loose the rest. Same with Rikkai at the Nationals. Maybe they win Katou but thats about it imho.

Ah, we forgot Midoiryame. Alle of them will be there next year. So I believe they will at least make it to the semi-finals at the Nationals.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Midoriyama might do well...but they don't have any special skills so likes of Seigaku could still beat them.

Neru

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
If Echizen were to come back to Seigaku then they would have a deadlock on all the singles matches, I think...

Well, I still think teams like Hyotei and Rikkai would dominate despite the loss of all their great third-years. They have plenty of members, and new talents are bound to show up faster, than in the small schools.
Of course, Seigaku winning the nationals will probably attract more student who likes tennis to their school.

Fayte

Reaction score
Country
United States
Kirihara will win it by himself.

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Fudoumine would be the favorites, in my mind. They're keeping around almost their entire team. Seigaku would be good if Echizen came back. They'd have three National level players.

Hyoutei would be good with Kabaji and Hiyoshi in Singles and Ootori in Doubles, but they'd need a little more. Hiyoshi isn't that impressive so far, so he would need to step it up.

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kirihara can't own them all though. For some reason it seems it really is the Third years that owns most things. Shitenhoujii also have Kintarou I forgot haha

DavenSodan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Yeah and Zaizen! But each Team need at least 3 good players to win at the nationals... Kirihara wins Singles 1 and thats it... Kintarou and Zaizen win theis single matches and thats it... thats why Miridoyria would be a good team if we dont count any players that COULD show up at Rikkai etc...

KuwabaraTheMan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah and Zaizen! But each Team need at least 3 good players to win at the nationals... Kirihara wins Singles 1 and thats it... Kintarou and Zaizen win theis single matches and thats it... thats why Miridoyria would be a good team if we dont count any players that COULD show up at Rikkai etc...
I don't know exactly how good Midoriyama would be. They'll keep all their players, but those players all got scrubbed out by Seigaku pretty badly.

Looking at the Kantou Region, you have Fudoumine with 6 National Level players, and Seigaku and Hyoutei with 3 (assuming that Echizen is around). Yamabuki will have Kita, Muromachi and Dan (unknown if he'd be any good, but Sengoku and Akutsu both seem to think he has high potential). Rokkaku is keeping two of their most promising players, and St. Rudolph will still have Yuuta and Kaneda. Plus there's Rikkai, who always get great players.

Yamabuki and Rokkaku also have coaches who have reputations for having great eyes for talent, as well.

I can't see Midoriyama advancing much further unless their players suddenly had a huge attitude change.

Atobe the king

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
Fudomine would be the powerhouse, they keep everyone but Tachibana....then again...Shinji got owned pretty badly buy Kin-chan

Then i guess its Seigaku, they have mr Tennis god, Mini-Nadal and Momo on their team

Hyotei will get smoked...poor Hiyoshi has failed to impress and Kabaji fails, Chotaro in doubles w/o little Hewwit/Shishido? don't see it happening..he would kick ass in singles with his serve though

Rokkaku? irrelevant to me, Yamabuki? irrelevant...Rikkai? screwed as well Even if Kirihara could beat everyone you still need to win 3 sets, everyone else is Tokyo is irrelevant to me

As for Nationals teams...Shitenhouji has Zaizen...but he failed to impress, they also have Kin-chan...but thats it, Higa? can't even remember if there are second years

Bowser

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fudomine don't have 6, they probvably have 4 (Shinji, Kamio, Ishida and Sakurai) at best, the other 2 seems more likely to lose - Kantou level at best.

DavenSodan

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Who knows if Kabaji even plays tennis without Atobe around...

Hyoutei is smoked, I think so too. Maybe Chotoro will win one single match, such as singles 3, but Hiyoshi would be playing singles 1 and I dont see him winning there.