Re: The NFL Thread
I wasn't talking to you Frosty, I was talking to kdowns, a Cowboys fan.
My recollection is there being contact, and Claiborne falling to the ground and Smith catching the ball. Claiborne was not shoved to the ground, Smith isn't strong enough to do such a thing. His arm was on his shoulder, probably there to keep separation, which is something you see on nearly every passing play of that kind. Similar to hand-checking/fighting you also see on even more plays. So if that's a penalty, then every other passing play there should be a flag thrown.
I never said it was defensive pass interference either, and it wouldn't have mattered whether it was called or not, because it was still a touchdown.
Say what you want, our rush defense the last two games has been atrocious. We still won both games, and with losing Webb for the year, and Ray Lewis for at least some time, I don't think that will help it get better. It's clearly not a lack of talent.