I don't imagine the scrutiny going away any time soon with news of this contract. Maybe if he wins another one, who knows.
Follow Andrew Brandt (@adbrandt) on twitter. He's very good at parsing the real meaning of NFL business.Really? I'm surprised then. All we ever hear about with Peyton is the size of the next deal he signs.
Yeah, there were rumblings about Wallace last year. People say we should go after him, as if we have a ton of cap room to work with. He's sort of one-dimensional to me.This was expected among Steeler fans. Wallace is going too, through free agency. And Polamalu is a possibility as well, though his contract goes through next year.
Wallace would probably be a good combination with Flacco's deep ball but, as a rule, I think teams should stay away from former Steeler wide receivers.If they were wise they would gut their woeful Offensive Line and do something about that
---------- Post added at 12:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 PM ----------
Yeah, there were rumblings about Wallace last year. People say we should go after him, as if we have a ton of cap room to work with. He's sort of one-dimensional to me.
Boldin was threatening to retire if we released him, but it looks like he's going back on that. According to him, we haven't even approached him about restructuring his deal, which is odd... doesn't mean they won't get to it. I always liked the way Boldin plays the game, he's a throwback in that sense. But I have to acknowledge that he would disappear at times and he has a tough time getting open usually.
Yeah, they see Torrey Smith on one side and him on the other, with Jacoby Jones in the slot I guess. Why do you say that about former Steeler's receivers?Wallace would probably be a good combination with Flacco's deep ball but, as a rule, I think teams should stay away from former Steeler wide receivers.
I think the hype has a way of overshooting the talent for them and teams end up paying a lot more for something they could get elsewhere for less. Roethlisberger makes them all look a lot better than they really are with the way he stalls until the defense disintegrates.