Fall NFL Thread

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Colts cant run the ball...dalton cant pass
its a toss up xD
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
I think they need to revisit the tie rule. There's a huge discrepancy in the standings when only two teams have ties.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
yup...it should be played out until there is a winner...like college.
if it take 8 overtimes...so be it...no tie,no:gnut
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
yup...it should be played out until there is a winner...like college.
if it take 8 overtimes...so be it...no tie,no:gnut
It's not exactly the same as college since that has the whole nonsense about starting on the 50 yard line, etc. For some reason College football decides that they don't want to play the full game in overtime.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
could be some medium...not whole quarters but not just single possessions either.
I like who scores the 1st TD wins is good...but I think both teams should atleast have a shot...no?
and if they make it...maybe a 10min overtime then if a 3rd is needed...only 5mins...
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
could be some medium...not whole quarters but not just single possessions either.
I like who scores the 1st TD wins is good...but I think both teams shouls atleast have a shot...no?
and if they make it...maybe a 10min overtime then if a 3rd is needed...only 5mins...
That's how it used to be. They realized too much power was put on the coin toss, so they made it so you can only win by scoring a TD on your first possession. That model was kind of sloppy, but I like it better than games ending in ties.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NO FUKAN TIES:no
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Who else is ready to see Suggs/Dumervil kill Tom Brady? :nunoamaze
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Who else is ready to see Suggs/Dumervil kill Tom Brady? :nunoamaze
Hush. It was bad enough when you were telling us all about how Ray Lewis was the greatest man on earth. We'll see what happens when the game happens, but keep the trash talk down. You're not the Giants' D-Line or anything.

Anyway, I picked against the Colts because I can't stand the Colts or Luck, not because I actually believed that the Bengals would win. The Colts did shut out the Bengals earlier in the year. As a result, I went 3-1 for the weekend's picks.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,513
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Who else is ready to see Suggs/Dumervil kill Tom Brady? :nunoamaze
My money is on Suggs going after Brady's knees and Dumervil going after Gronks.

If that actually happened though I feel like New Hampshire and Massachusetts would declare war on Maryland on the spot.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Hush. It was bad enough when you were telling us all about how Ray Lewis was the greatest man on earth. We'll see what happens when the game happens, but keep the trash talk down. You're not the Giants' D-Line or anything.

Anyway, I picked against the Colts because I can't stand the Colts or Luck, not because I actually believed that the Bengals would win. The Colts did shut out the Bengals earlier in the year. As a result, I went 3-1 for the weekend's picks.
Just be glad Bernard Pollard ruptured an achilles tendon or the Ravens would totally be trying to find some way to sign him.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
Just be glad Bernard Pollard ruptured an achilles tendon or the Ravens would totally be trying to find some way to sign him.
LOL <3
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Hush. It was bad enough when you were telling us all about how Ray Lewis was the greatest man on earth. We'll see what happens when the game happens, but keep the trash talk down. You're not the Giants' D-Line or anything.
ROFL...pls dude, I was never a fan of him or his antics. But what he accomplished is undeniable.

My money is on Suggs going after Brady's knees and Dumervil going after Gronks.

If that actually happened though I feel like New Hampshire and Massachusetts would declare war on Maryland on the spot.

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Just be glad Bernard Pollard ruptured an achilles tendon or the Ravens would totally be trying to find some way to sign him.
Wow, the salt in this thread, I love it! :4head

:pjsalt

If I had to pick out someone who took cheap shots, it wouldn't be Suggs or Dumervil tbh...

I can't believe a Stillers fan is taking sides with the New England Brady's..................

(and Harbaugh would never sign Pollard, he got rid of him in the first place)
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,513
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
ROFL...pls dude, I was never a fan of him or his antics. But what he accomplished is undeniable.

Wow, the salt in this thread, I love it! :4head

:pjsalt

If I had to pick out someone who took cheap shots, it wouldn't be Suggs or Dumervil tbh...

I can't believe a Stillers fan is taking sides with the New England Brady's..................

(and Harbaugh would never sign Pollard, he got rid of him in the first place)
The Ravens are the most hated team of all Steelers fans. The hatred rankings go.

  1. Ravens
  2. Eagles (The two fan bases cross paths often; and familiarity breeds contempt.)
  3. Bengals
  4. Browns
  5. Patriots

There is also a very weak grudge against the Cowboys in there somewhere but that one has faded with time. So you should not be surprised. That rooting order is nearly universal.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
ROFL...pls dude, I was never a fan of him or his antics. But what he accomplished is undeniable.
I was being facetious, Gary. ;)

You were pretty in our faces that playoff run, though, and, well, understandably so. Winning a SB is a great accomplishment and, barring the Pats' three in four years, the Steelers' two in like four years, or the Giants' two in five years, no one's won SBs a second time within a 10 year span in quite a while. It had been over a decade since the Ravens had had SB glory.

Wow, the salt in this thread, I love it! :4head

:pjsalt

If I had to pick out someone who took cheap shots, it wouldn't be Suggs or Dumervil tbh...

I can't believe a Stillers fan is taking sides with the New England Brady's..................

(and Harbaugh would never sign Pollard, he got rid of him in the first place)
I know you love Suggs, but the guy does make some cheap shots now and then. I wouldn't pick Dumervil to be that guy, though.

Like Jammin said, I can't believe you're surprised that a Steelers fan would side with a Patriots fan against a Ravens fan.

That doesn't really matter for the point of the joke. It was simply that Pollard magically moved around teams and managed to injure Patriots players everywhere he went.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,513
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Suggs is all about cheap shots and steroids. Adderall, my ass. Just look at the guy. His pharmacist should be the Raven's MVP.-_-;

Edit: Scratch that. I confused him with Haloti Ngata. Ngata was is the one who was almost certainly not taking Adderall.

So just the cheap shots and the history of domestic violence for Suggs.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
The Ravens are the most hated team of all Steelers fans. The hatred rankings go.

  1. Ravens
  2. Eagles (The two fan bases cross paths often; and familiarity breeds contempt.)
  3. Bengals
  4. Browns
  5. Patriots

There is also a very weak grudge against the Cowboys in there somewhere but that one has faded with time. So you should not be surprised. That rooting order is nearly universal.
That is such a weird list IMO. I see a lot of similarities between or teams and city. I'd NEVER root against the Steelers if they were playing the Patriots (if they could both lose, fine :XD). You're our rival and all, but I've always liked the type of football in the AFC North and ultimately have respect for the players and Tomlin despite the trashtalking.

The list here is like this

1. Steelers
2. Redskins
3. Patriots
4. Eagles
5. Cowboys

Could kinda swap around. But I honestly don't know why Steelers fans would give two shits about the Browns or the Bengals. We don't. :XD

I know you love Suggs, but the guy does make some cheap shots now and then. I wouldn't pick Dumervil to be that guy, though.

Like Jammin said, I can't believe you're surprised that a Steelers fan would side with a Patriots fan against a Ravens fan.

That doesn't really matter for the point of the joke. It was simply that Pollard magically moved around teams and managed to injure Patriots players everywhere he went.
I don't LOVE Suggs. I think he's a goof, and has had a good career when he actually started trying.

Well I am, I don't have the same kind of thinking.

Well he injured Brady when he was on the Chiefs. Other than that, I only recall Gronk.

Suggs is all about cheap shots and steroids. Adderall, my ass. Just look at the guy. His pharmacist should be the Raven's MVP.-_-;

Edit: Scratch that. I confused him with Haloti Ngata. Ngata was is the one who was almost certainly not taking Adderall.

So just the cheap shots and the history of domestic violence for Suggs.
Rofl...hitting the QB at all is a "cheap shot" nowadays. Suggs isn't like that IMO. Maybe Upshaw or Ngata can get a little dirty, but nothing Suh-level or anything.

Steroids? Really? That's like pointing out the sky is blue. Everyone is hopped up on something in that league.

James Harrison....nothing else to say. You can point out someone with a sketchy past on every team. Not sure it means much.
 

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Joined
Mar 16, 2006
Messages
16,847
Reaction score
23,513
Age
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
NFL fans always hate the fanbases they are closest to geographically. That's why Philly, Cincy, and Cleveland are on the list. All those fanbases are right next door, so to speak. Though Browns fans are so beaten down at this point even we are starting to feel bad for them.

Ravens because of many many grudges. Earned through divisional play and what is at least perceived around Pittsburgh as Harbaugh's style of encouraging thug-like behavior in his players. Physical football is great. Stalwart defense is even better, but Suggs and Ngata are definitely viewed here as just plain dirty at exactly the Suh level. Not every Raven's player is viewed like that. I was mostly joking about Dumervil. He actually gets a lot of respect as just a great player. If he was on the Steelers he'd be the toast of the town. Flacco is fairly well liked too, though people make fun of him a lot for his tendency to throw deep balls specifically to draw spot foul pass interference and how he sometimes just looks comically confused; but in big games he shows up and that's what matters.

Patriots because everybody hates Bill Belichick, at least a little bit. He's too damn good at his job.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
NFL fans always hate the fanbases they are closest to geographically. That's why Philly, Cincy, and Cleveland are on the list. All those fanbases are right next door, so to speak. Though Browns fans are so beaten down at this point even we are starting to feel bad for them.

Ravens because of many many grudges. Earned through divisional play and what is at least perceived around Pittsburgh as Harbaugh's style of encouraging thug-like behavior in his players. Physical football is great. Stalwart defense is even better, but Suggs and Ngata are definitely viewed here as just plain dirty at exactly the Suh level. Not every Raven's player is viewed like that. I was mostly joking about Dumervil. He actually gets a lot of respect as just a great player. If he was on the Steelers he'd be the toast of the town. Flacco is fairly well liked too, though people make fun of him a lot for his tendency to throw deep balls specifically to draw spot foul pass interference and how he sometimes just looks comically confused; but in big games he shows up and that's what matters.

Patriots because everybody hates Bill Belichick, at least a little bit. He's too damn good at his job.
I understand that with Philly somewhat. I just dislike philly sports fans in general :XD

Washington is somewhat similar, but after the Colts left, we had to deal with many years of the Redskins being shoved down our throats just because it was the NFL. So the franchise is really looked down upon. These days it's less so because they're just so pitiful as an organization. Sort of similar to the Browns/Bengals, though the Bengals not as much since they're back to being somewhat respectable. There still isn't much of a rivalry there on our end though.

I don't really see either as dirty players, sorry. Not on the multiple-fine/suspension level. And the NFL seems to agree. I'm sort of old school, so I don't give a crap about hits, only whether what's being done is malicious or not. Like stepping on heads, or fucking with someone when they're down and injured, a la Suh. No one on the Ravens is like that. Upshaw has a tendency to get some penalties called on him for late hits and Ngata is just a beast and what happens on the line is just fucked up in general. It goes both ways lol.

I never got the impression that Harbaugh was trying to foster that type of thing. I think in a different era, Billick was someone who turned a blind eye to that kind of ruffian-like behavior, but who didn't?

Don't know how you can blame a QB for trying to draw out fouls. Anyone could do it if they had the arm. That's just gamesmanship and using rules to your advantage. But yeah, he comes across as a big dope.

I dislike Brady more than Belichick. Once you get past the the cheating and press conferences, he is what he is. A winner. Same with Brady, but I just think the guy is a big bitch. Great player, undeniably so, but he whines to the refs too much.
 

FrostyMouse

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2011
Messages
7,395
Reaction score
1,302
Gender
Male
Country
Holy Britannian Empire
So, Peyton's not the biggest bitch the NFL's ever seen, Gary? I'm hard pressed to find someone bitchier than him. Not even Brady bitches as much as Peyton.

Also, I take offense at your comment about cheating. Everyone cheated at times (you can't be naive enough to believe that only the Patriots did Spygate type behavior), although the Pats were foolish enough to do it against one of their ex-coordinators, who then turned on Belichick for it.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,178
Reaction score
30,220
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
So, Peyton's not the biggest bitch the NFL's ever seen, Gary? I'm hard pressed to find someone bitchier than him. Not even Brady bitches as much as Peyton.

Also, I take offense at your comment about cheating. Everyone cheated at times (you can't be naive enough to believe that only the Patriots did Spygate type behavior), although the Pats were foolish enough to do it against one of their ex-coordinators, who then turned on Belichick for it.
No, not really. All QBs probably complain, but it's how they do it that is annoying. It's a personal opinion, but I'm definitely sure I'm not the only one. :D I'm not going to act like Manning is as tough as Big Ben, Romo, or Flacco or anything.

Oh sure, videotaping defensive calls on the sidelines and then using them in the second half happens all the time! :4head

It's hard to quantify how much that really effected games or how often they did it, but come on. It is what it is.
 
Top