Fall - NFL Thread | Page 92 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Fall NFL Thread

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Thank you... thank you

RIP Texans fans

Ramen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Texans fans all have a pass to switch teams now.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Ramen you acting too sensitive lol he’s not saying he isn’t good or he’s not Top 10. just needs More consistency from the pocket, everyone is saying pass schemes are terrible and too much pressure but getting him a #1 reciever to improve on downfield 50/50 catches could probably put consistently him At mvp level. Lamar already proven in down year he’s above average pocket passer, just not super elite yet. Nothing wrong with that.

max Kellerman said he’d take 7 QBs over Lamar recently, I’d only take mahomes Rodgers Russ deshaun, maybe Brady but depends on situation. Josh Allen gotta do it again and Herbert gotta win more games and do it again too

and I still want ravens to move Roman around or fire him But I’d take 2 thirds. I want URBAN as OC

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
@Ramen you acting too sensitive lol he’s not saying he isn’t good or he’s not Top 10. just needs More consistency from the pocket, everyone is saying pass schemes are terrible and too much pressure but getting him a #1 reciever to improve on downfield 50/50 catches could probably put consistently him At mvp level. Lamar already proven in down year he’s above average pocket passer, just not super elite yet. Nothing wrong with that.

max Kellerman said he’d take 7 QBs over Lamar recently, I’d only take mahomes Rodgers Russ deshaun, maybe Brady but depends on situation. Josh Allen gotta do it again and Herbert gotta win more games and do it again too

and I still want ravens to move Roman around or fire him But I’d take 2 thirds. I want URBAN as OC
How am I acting too sensitive? Lmao when I question what he says it turns out he doesn't even know what he's talking about.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

He wants to see more? Watch his stats. Had one of the highest ratings for a pocket passer during his MVP season. :toc

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Kellerman and his ilk are clowns. They have to find a way to say something provocative every day or else no one watches. The only QBs worthy of being in that discussion are the ones that still have gas in the tank, otherwise why commit to 40 year olds when you have a 23 year old former MVP already on your roster? So I can see it with Mahomes and Wilson maybe to a slightly lesser degree, but anyone else? Nah.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hmm I might take 7 before Lemar long term but not because I don't think he's good. The running QB thing worries me. Lemar is, to my eye, the best of those there has ever been. He is better at both running and passing. That said as he ages and injuries build up, the edge will get dulled on that burst he's got. Unless he just possesses physical durability unlike every other running QB we've seen. So the question becomes what happens after that point. Does he adapt to being an effective pocket passer without that running threat opening things up for him? He might but we've never really seen that happen before so I think that's where other QBs start to creep in on him.

But if you're a team looking to get the the superbowl in the next year or two. He's probably a top 3 QB choice to get you there. He hasn't lost that burst yet.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hmm I might take 7 before Lemar long term but not because I don't think he's good. The running QB thing worries me. Lemar is, to my eye, the best of those there has ever been. He is better at both running and passing. That said as he ages and injuries build up, the edge will get dulled on that burst he's got. Unless he just possesses physical durability unlike every other running QB we've seen. So the question becomes what happens after that point. Does he adapt to being an effective pocket passer without that running threat opening things up for him? He might but we've never really seen that happen before so I think that's where other QBs start to creep in on him.

But if you're a team looking to get the the superbowl in the next year or two. He's probably a top 3 QB choice to get you there. He hasn't lost that burst yet.
Curious, who are these 7?

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I don't know, if I wanted to say we'd get maybe 5-7 more years of similar production before we see marked decline, then I don't think thinking long-term really changes much for me. There is injury concerns but one of the reasons why he's so effective is he uses his body to avoid the brunt of the hits. That and in reality, the vast majority of QB injuries occur in the pocket and not outside of it.

Plus I think ideally by the time he's approaching his 30s he isn't running as much as he is now not because his body is in decline, but because he becomes a better passer.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Curious, who are these 7?
There's the obvious. Mahomes, Rodgers.

Then Josh Allen, Russel Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Deshaun Watson. So I guess that's six. I might take a chance on Joe Burrow too, I think he's a really good player on a bad team. So I guess maybe seven, but again I think that all comes down to my view about the long term viability of running QBs.

I really think those sort of players have to transition to playing a different way as they get older. Much the way Roethlisberger did. He's no longer the running around shedding tackles for 12 seconds waiting for coverage to break down guy that he once was. He is very much a pocket passer now and I think that's a transition Lemar will eventually have to make. And I think with running QBs that always comes up faster than you expect. Especially running it up between the tackles like he does. I don't like that.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Rodgers is 37 though, I wouldn't view him as a long term investment. For the others besides Wilson and Mahomes, it feels too early to tell for me.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Rodgers is 37 though, I wouldn't view him as a long term investment. For the others besides Wilson and Mahomes, it feels too early to tell for me.
It's always a gamble. It's just a question of what you gamble on. I think with Rodgers your betting on him being about to be 70% of Rodgers for 3 years. I'd take that.

If there was some way to guarantee that Lemar would be the LeBron James of the NFL and be a physical masterpiece I'd take him over everybody but Mahomes. But I don't feel like that's likely.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke

Detroit with literal highway robbery.

Ramen

Reaction score
Country
Canada
lmao

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
Not that it matters if they don't turn those picks into something, which there's a really good chance that won't happen. But Stafford was gone soon either way, Goff is better than most QBs in the league and they have no dead money on their cap if they choose to cut him at some point. Jesus christ.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I... don't understand that one either. Even if the Rams believe that Stafford is just a mass of unrealized potential waiting to bloom. Surely they could have gotten a better deal than that.

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
2017 - first round pick traded for Goff

2018 - traded for Cooks

2019 - traded out of first round

2020 - traded for Ramsey

2021 - traded for Ramsey

2022 - traded for Stafford

2023 - traded for Stafford

I guess if you're in the Rams front office, you can't fuck up a first round pick if you never have any....

I... don't understand that one either. Even if the Rams believe that Stafford is just a mass of unrealized potential waiting to bloom. Surely they could have gotten a better deal than that.
I'd be kind of surprised if they could honestly. The Rams paid that much to offload his contract as well. Maybe if it was a choice between this or trading him to the Bears (which was a rumor), they might have taken slightly less.

Doughboy

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m sure Lamar will play 12-15 years like Randall Young and Vick did, ravens aren’t retarded so eventually they‘ll truly put the effort into helping him adapt with recievers and schemes. He’s more Russ Wilson than RG3 or Cam when it comes to protecting yourself so I’d lock him up

and rams got fleeced, stafford isn’t nothing special. Goff wasn’t even super bad And he went to a chip already. Ravens need to fleece a team like that for Orlando Brown

xi0

あの術
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
Pyke
I’m sure Lamar will play 12-15 years like Randall Young and Vick did, ravens aren’t retarded so eventually they‘ll truly put the effort into helping him adapt with recievers and schemes. He’s more Russ Wilson than RG3 or Cam when it comes to protecting yourself so I’d lock him up

and rams got fleeced, stafford isn’t nothing special. Goff wasn’t even super bad And he went to a chip already. Ravens need to fleece a team like that for Orlando Brown
Everybody talking about the Tunsil trade... idk. Brown played well but I don't necessarily think he played better as a LT. Now, if they traded him to a team with a lefty QB like Miami... then maybe they might pay extra for him.

Don't want to get too ahead of myself here, but Tampa is embarrassing KC so far.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

Not really sure how to feel about that one. On one hand the officiating was kind of bad, but on the other hand bad officiating didn't keep KC from scoring a single touchdown. A bit of a shame because it looked like we might have had a good game on our hands in the first half and then it just fell apart rather rapidly.

Now we have to deal with the endless Brady vs. Belichick discourse all offseason...

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Well it was a pretty boring game to watch just not how I was expecting it to be. :amuse