Re: The NFL Thread
I quoted it because it was sandwiched in between the Andy Reid criticism. Sorry for assuming they were related
Well, I was watching tv at the time and went back and edited that part in about how much the Cowboys suck, so... :P
How have the Patriots been in the last 5 seasons? They're the Eagles of this decade thus far, and they're halfway there to the Buffalo Bills of this century. Would you say they're successful or not? Is Bill Belichick riding the wave of success from his Super Bowl wins ten years ago? Is he wasting draft picks and making odd personnel decisions?
Have you watched any of Bill Belichick's press conferences?...are you really serious with that dude?

I don't care if my head coach gets up there and talks about his feet every Monday, as long as he's successful.
The Pats have been up and down the last few years. We went 18-0 and then failed in the SB and then were the better team the whole season last season, but a few mistakes here or there cost us. If Welker catches that ball, we would've won the SB and we'd be sitting here talking about how the Pats finally got back to winning ways.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that I said that, at least to some degree, the Hoodie has been riding his previous SB successes for a long time. He hasn't been making the right decisions as a GM for a while now.
I was kidding around about that. I'm actually amused when Belichick gets up there and goes, "No comment" or "I don't want to talk about that." I do think that Belichick's press conferences are certainly more interesting that Andy Reid's, even if he says virtually nothing. Belichick's press conferences sum up to, "The guys played well and we won" or "We lost, what else is there to say?"
I really don't get the vitriol you have for the guy. Yeah he's pretty boring and makes questionable decisions. I would think you'd hope he'd stay on and make it to the Super Bowl again since your Patriots would have a shot at winning a title again...not like the Rams or Panthers have the talent to get there
#postseason=trashtalkseason
I just can't stand him. I don't know what it is, precisely, but I just do not like Andy Reid at all. The Eagles have been poor enough that they haven't even gotten to the NFC Championship game for a while, so Andy Reid can't hand us another SB. If the stars aligned properly, Cam Newton could get to the SB, but realistically, Cam's Panthers are never going anywhere. Hey, unlike Colin Kaepernick, we actually beat the Rams this season.
_______________________
All of my hatred for Andy Reid aside, what are your playoff predictions?
On a good day, the Ravens can play really well, but that good day hasn't been around for a while. The Pats beat the Broncos in NE, but that was a long time ago and the game would be in Denver this time, so I don't know. The Texans, Colts, and Bengals aren't going anywhere, imo, although I could see Pats vs Colts and Denver vs Bengals in the second round.
For the NFC, I don't know. While I like AP, the Vikings don't have enough to win in the playoffs. Maybe the 49ers or maybe the Packers.
I can't even decide on a SB match up though. Before the season, I thought we'd see Pats vs Packers, but now, I don't know.