Games - Nikke: Goddess of Victory | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Games Nikke: Goddess of Victory

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States

Started playing this and figured this game deserves a thread. What is Nikke? You might be asking. Well it's a gatcha idle game that, in this humble person's opinion, is a bit better than other such games. Why is it better you ask? Let me break it down for you.

The story...

The gameplay...

The progression...

Now I know there is a rumor going around that this game is somewhat suggestive. I personally don't see it. All I see is top teir voice acting (HanaKana, Hocchan, and many more), very reasonable gatcha rates, and a well pace story that is a subtle commentary on postmodern society and the positives and negatives of our relationship with technology. All told from a nuanced, thoughtful, and unique...

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
@Jammin I have a confession. I thought I was beyond such blatant fanservicy games.

When I first saw ads for this, I turned my nose up. "How ridiculous", I slyly chuckled to myself after sipping my finest wine, "I'll stick with Bleach and Dislyte thank you very much. Those unrealistic jiggle physics and unreasonable body proportions have no sway over me."

I held strong in this opinion.

Until early Summer. Dislyte was crapping the bed. Bleach had long grown stale. I needed a new gacha fix. So I thought I'd download this. Have a bit of a laugh at this comically sexualized game as I searched for a real replacement. I've done it before. I'll probably delete it by tomorrow.

You know the whole Plot meme? Where a woman with bountiful bosoms is presented with the word imposed somewhere in the general area of said bosoms? Well, that's this game.

This altar to the male gaze legit has a good dystopia plot going on and some great characters. Yes, I know, boobs and butts galore. This game isn't for everyone. I understand. Hell, you are well within your rights to hate this game for its depiction of women.

Despite itself, it's actually a really quality gacha game. What I assumed to be trashy click bait game turned out to be more than that. Well, that's still very much the case on its surface, but it goes hard on the narrative once you peel off those initial layers.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
It's pretty good right?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Also you should join up with the MH union if you haven't already. It's MHGAMING ID: 7162

ritayong

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Germany
A very entertaining game that reminds me of certain games from the 80s and 90s. For my taste it's beautiful, the story is well-crafted for what I've seen so far and the characters are charismatic.

Last edited:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Game is much more generous than any other Gacha I'm currently playing. Anniversary was crazy, but New Years is giving us some pretty good stuff as well.

Jammin

Androssi Worshiper
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, compared to other gatcha's you get a lot more pulls. They tend to lure you in with skins instead.