Discussion - NNT Pair Battle Royale | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion NNT Pair Battle Royale

Redworld96

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Spain

Just a game to know what do you guys think it would be the winner couple in each round (explaining why or not) of the main ships of the deadly sins (canon or not).
As it stays in the picture:
-The winner couple of a round can not continue to the next round with a member K.O.
-Think about the winner couple in termns of not only defeating their enemies, but also defending themselves and their respective partner.

Once answered for this selection, you can also rethink the competition by changing the VS.
Note: I didn't put Meliodas with 5C/10C because we didn't see yet what he can do with that power-up.

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Don't bring ship battle in NNT :notsure

Edit apparently it's a battle royale.

Samael Morningstar

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
India
Escanor and merlin should win or mel and Elizabeth

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
if this is prime meliodas and true power elizabeth, they spite everyone in this bracket.

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Don't bring ship battle in NNT :notsure

Edit apparently it's a battle royale.
Didn’t you read the picture at first, right? XD
It’s not a “let’s decide which ship is best” thing.
It’s to discuss which pair in battle would win, leaving aside if you like the pair as a couple or not.

But I see that you understood it already.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Anyway I have changed the title of the thread since it seems it can be confusing

Arjuna

The Emperor Who Rules the World
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
India
Didn’t you read the picture at first, right? XD
It’s not a “let’s decide which ship is best” thing.
It’s to discuss which pair in battle would win, leaving aside if you like the pair as a couple or not.

But I see that you understood it already.

Anyway I have changed the title of the thread since it seems it can be confusing
I was confused at first.I thought which ship was the best.I have bad experiences regarding shipping wars in FT.

But anyway regarding your thread

If it is Prime Meliodas and Prime Elizabeth then they win otherwise Escanor and Merlin wins.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Meliodas and Elizabeth are going to stomp everyone else. Obviously Ban and Elaine fall first. Then King and Diane and finally Escanor and Merlin

Redworld96

Reaction score
Country
Spain
Escanor and merlin should win or mel and Elizabeth
Prime Meliodas & Elizabeth wins.
And how would it be the whole progress for you? I mean, which teams win in the first round before the final one?

In my case:

- Meliodas&Elisabeth and King&Diane win Round 1. In the final round Meliodas&Elisabeth have more chances to win.

Meliodaf

Reaction score
Country
United States
Escanor can’t win. He’ll attempt to shield Merlin and take damage and he can’t beat Meliodas until high noon. But Merlin won’t escape unscathed and if Meliodas can’t survive 60 seconds Escanor will be put down the next time someone touches him. And Elizabeth just has to take Merlin assuming Escanor did succeed in protecting her.

GreaterForce

Reaction score
Country
England
Meliodas and Elizabeth would obviously body, assuming Elizabeth is willing to actually fight.

Ger

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Escanor can’t win. He’ll attempt to shield Merlin and take damage and he can’t beat Meliodas until high noon. But Merlin won’t escape unscathed and if Meliodas can’t survive 60 seconds Escanor will be put down the next time someone touches him. And Elizabeth just has to take Merlin assuming Escanor did succeed in protecting her.
one this here: escanor gets spite even at high noon by prime meliodas LMAO

Shadowlord123

Reaction score
Country
Spain
What if Merlin stops Escanor's time at The One using her Chrono Coffin? :hmm

Seven777

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Australia
Would his body be able to survive using the One for so long at a time? He'd win, but die afterward, unless he is for some reason able to tolerate Sun better after Mael gives it back.

bighoss

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
I'm kinda disappointed that my main ship, Twigo x Hawk Mama, isn't here, but yeah Eli and Meli are definitely sweeping. As for King x Diane vs Ban x Elaine, I don't think I've seen enough of Ban's capabilities to make a proper judgement.

Omnie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would his body be able to survive using the One for so long at a time? He'd win, but die afterward, unless he is for some reason able to tolerate Sun better after Mael gives it back.
So she gets 10 minutes to cast that? lul

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
The moment you guys opened a BATTLE ROYALE you gave the premise Elizabeth is willing to fight, so that should be out ofthe question.

Doesn't he actually "freeze" inside, meaning he can't move either?! So, in the end, do we get a locked up perma nuke?! Does that help anyone?!?
PC's hype is already dead, I'm wondering how fast Mel would take it down, then Elizabeth can show us how many dispel skills she has in her repertoire. Then it's down to stamina/MP lasting between the girls, although, from what we've seen of Elizabeth's current status and Merlin's experience in displaying her skills, one should think Merlin was the one with higher resistance, yet Elizabeth's been the one under nastier attacks, she even spent a while in a cocoon of Darkness(which should be far more dangerous to her) yet she gets herself up a lot faster than most with battle experience.
EDIT: I'm also wondering what Merlin could possibly do about getting locked up inside an Ark? Most of her skills are demonic, so if she tries any from within, I assume they get purged.
Willing to bet that current Ellie has inner self enchantments that should help her with defensive/resistance, the only question remains if Merlin would sneak behind her for a knock-out move and if that would work. I'm not talking about speed, but about resistance to (magic) attacks. We've come to see that even though Elizabeth gets toppled unlike King and Diane(sometimes), she's still the fastest of the rest in getting herself back up.
As for Mel VS Escanor, in a duo battle Ellie would most likely tell Mel about The One and Mel wouldn't be messing around...
EDIT 2: I just realised there might be a skill similar to Admonition in the GC, so, sumimasen, Escanor-chan, Elizabeth nee-sama is taking away your only toy for being naughty.
Which means they might change opponents. And Merlin clearly had no means of soloing AM Mel...
so, there's a reason why Melizabeth is the canon Power Couple of this series.:true

Last edited:

Seven777

Reaction score
Country
Australia
The moment you guys opened a BATTLE ROYALE you gave the premise Elizabeth is willing to fight, so that should be out ofthe question.

Doesn't he actually "freeze" inside, meaning he can't move either?! So, in the end, do we get a locked up perma nuke?! Does that help anyone?!?
PC's hype is already dead, I'm wondering how fast Mel would take it down, then Elizabeth can show us how many dispel skills she has in her repertoire. Then it's down to stamina/MP lasting between the girls, although, from what we've seen of Elizabeth's current status and Merlin's experience in displaying her skills, one should think Merlin was the one with higher resistance, yet Elizabeth's been the one under nastier attacks, she even spent a while in a cocoon of Darkness(which should be far more dangerous to her) yet she gets herself up a lot faster than most with battle experience.
EDIT: I'm also wondering what Merlin could possibly do about getting locked up inside an Ark? Most of her skills are demonic, so if she tries any from within, I assume they get purged.
Willing to bet that current Ellie has inner self enchantments that should help her with defensive/resistance, the only question remains if Merlin would sneak behind her for a knock-out move and if that would work. I'm not talking about speed, but about resistance to (magic) attacks. We've come to see that even though Elizabeth gets toppled unlike King and Diane(sometimes), she's still the fastest of the rest in getting herself back up.
As for Mel VS Escanor, in a duo battle Ellie would most likely tell Mel about The One and Mel wouldn't be messing around...
EDIT 2: I just realised there might be a skill similar to Admonition in the GC, so, sumimasen, Escanor-chan, Elizabeth nee-sama is taking away your only toy for being naughty.
Which means they might change opponents. And Merlin clearly had no means of soloing AM Mel...
so, there's a reason why Melizabeth is the canon Power Couple of this series.:true
Merlin can still move with her time frozen.
Merlin could just teleport out of the ark.
Admonition only works on the willing, unless they're already dead/K.O'd

Undina

Reaction score
Country
Romania
Merlin can still move with her time frozen.
Merlin could just teleport out of the ark.
Admonition only works on the willing, unless they're already dead/K.O'd
I was talking about The One frozen inside the Chrono Coffin @Shadowlord123 brought up.
Hmm, Idk, we've never seen her teleporting out of one, it might end up tricky since the Ark itself is made of Light, if she does make it out, I'd assume she doesn't escape without serious burns. This is full power Elizabeth with a power level around that of AM Mel or Ludo and whose main stat is magic, which in turn fuels her Arks and other skills. And since, courtesy of Rou's flashback, we know Ark burns everyone, it just burns demons worse, her Arks should be far more dangerous when directed at non-goddess or non-OP demons.
Admonition also works on the unconscious or immobile, but this would be a skill similar, so we don't know just how alike they'd be. So, fair enough.
Either way, by default Elizabeth and AM Mel have stomping PLs unless the fight starts a couple of minutes before noon, a serious fighting Elizabeth can shield herself with an Ark bubble which even Cruel Sun should be hilariously bumping off of, considering they're applications of the same main element.
There's also the trick about Elizabeth who can apparently both heal and do something else at the same time, so...
Can you think about any skill of Merlin's that would help her against any of the 2 while they're at this level?!

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
A round robin type tourney would be more fitting for this type of discussion, seeing as most people would assume, perhaps rightfully, that the Mel/Eli combo would hold the advantage over the other teams.

Diane and Elaine aren't at a level that would allow them to not be dependent on King and Ban, so those two would be handling both offense and defense, so they are slightly handicapped from the jump, with Ban suffering the most. King can somewhat make up for Diane's lack of power through his multiple Chastiefols.

Aside from those two, Escanor and Merlin are probably the weakest pair. Not because they aren't strong, they just have very specific conditions they need to hold the advantage, conditions I don't think they'd reach quick enough against the other pairs (the ones that matter).

King and Eli are the strongest supporters, as King would easily be able to defend himself and Diane through Pollen Garden. From what we've seen from it, he could probably just stalemate all these fights through that. Elizabeth, obviously, has her healing, so neither her nor Mel have to worry about falling early in a fight.

Escanor and Merlin have the least amount of defensive potential. Escanor uses his body to much and Merlin only has teleport, which I don't think would be enough.

All teams have great offense, so no need to worry about that.