No Bashing here!! | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

No Bashing here!!

basher

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi MH!!!

I am basher. The name comes for my adolescence love for soccer and the notion that I was good at "bashing" the ball around. I wanted my two best friends (also good at soccer) to be called "thrasher" and "smasher." Reality sets in and I am currently a 27 year old majoring in computer science at the u. :D Thinking of a minor in English because I really want to be a writer.

My manga and anime preferences are vast. Ask me anything. :D

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Hai. You like Naruto? Ever read Yu Yu Hakusho?

You single?

Oh, and welcome to MH! Ask if you need help!

basher

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes I like Naruto. One of the series I always check for updates. Also own the first 12 boxsets (in English *shudders*) but I support the mangaka.

I have read some of Yu Yu Hakusho. Have seen all the anime though.

Yes I am single.

Also have read and watched the manga/anime in your sig. Not current.

Is the manga of Yu Yu Hakusho way better then the anime?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oh, nice. HOw do you feel about the current events of Naruto?

Oh, did you like it? I guess it really depends; I prefer manga over anime for almost anything, but anime's pretty good although I really do like the manga.

Oh, nice. You hit up the clubs a lot?

And read the manga in my sig and be current! :yelling It's worth it!

Oh, and feel free to share a picture of yourself in Pics of Yourself thread thingie in General Discussion. ^^

saladesu

in absentia
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Omg, M3J found his way to your thread :o It must have been your thread title that did it... :darn

Anyway hi! I noticed you were new in the Bakuman forum. Welcome! :clap I hope you'll join the group of Bakuman regulars and keep the discussion lively and awesome :p

What other series do you read other than Bakuman and the series you and M3J are talking about? Do you watch anime? :)

basher

Reaction score
Country
United States
At M3J - Current Naruto events is so much to talk about. Well I feel not overwhelmed but something close to it. There is just so much that has happened. Its been a few chapters since Naruto will learn his new kick butt technique and Sasuke also. Personally I like these chapters and a little disappointed that it hasn't come around again. I am not liking the fact that he isn't in the battle. We all know he will be. But the 4th ninja war is a big story in itself to tackle. I didn't think Akatsuki could pull it off against 5 nations but it appears to be working. Kabuto new power is something I will probably jump into and talk about in the Naruto forum. Psychological warfare is one of my favorite type of stories. Seeing family and dead family fight is pretty awesome. But I will get bored of it fast. I like that they found the limits to Kabuto's power. Wondering what could also be the repercussions. Only time will tell.

Yu Yu Haskusho anime was good. Prefer some story arcs over others. Last one didn't care for it all to well but it explained a lot. When I read manga its like I see the anime version in my head. Still prefer manga over anime but I like to watch anime nonetheless.

Clubber? Not so much anymore. About ten years ago my blood alcohol level would have been 1.0. I go out but don't drink. The DD which is cool cuz I make sure all my friends are safe.

The manga in your sig is on my list to get updated. Going to try 5 series a week. Only like 10 chapters behind in some.

Pic thread? Some point I will. Kind of shy.

saladesu- yes I watch anime. Lots. If I read the manga I will watch the anime.

I am reading Bleach, One Piece, Skip Beat, Ghost Hunt, Glass Mask, Bloody Monday 2, Claymore, D Gray Man, Fairy Tail, Gantz, and many more. Like over a hundred. :xD But not current on lots. Life got in the way.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
If you were a general, how would you go about fighting the war, knowing what the characters know about Edo Tensei and etc?

Last chapter was awesome though... it made the ending even more bittersweet. :s Did you like the first arc?

You drank a lot? O_o Nice. Favorite drinks?

Five series a week? You lack enough life to do five series a week or do you mean keeping up with five series per week?

Don't be shy! \o/

Oh, One Piece and Bloody Monday 1 + 2 are awesome! You ever read Team Medical Dragon? If not, read it! :yelling

basher

Reaction score
Country
United States
If I were a general...hmmm.... the Edo Tensei is a huge psychological warfare. I would prepare my people for it the best that I could. I would tell them the ways to overcome it and they need to choose whatever one is best given the situation. It is a team effort to take these people down. Once I saw who we were fighting and knew their powers I would delegate who should fight where.

I would put family against family and friend against friend. So Shikamaru vs. Asuma, Neji vs. his dad and etc. Taking that small chance of getting the soul to release from the world would be worth it. Plus they know the limits of those closest to them that died. They also have improved since that persons death. I would trust my army to handle the battle both mentally and physically and tell them that they had already made peace with their friends/family death and it was time to send them back. Its a second chance to say good bye.

My prediction is also Shikamaru vs. Asuma, Neji vs. his dad, Gaara vs. his dad, and etc.

First arc of the series?

My drinking consisted of ten years ago and what was in. I like stuff that tastes good. Newer one was a push up. Don't remember half the names. Rum n coke was always one. Vodka and oj. I drank shots of hard liquor then beer. After drunk beer tastes fine.

I will be catching up on 5 series a week. I have read Team Medical Dragon also Saijou no Meii. I am sort of surprised only like ten chapters behind on series.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
what would be your ideal team setup and if you could put anyone in a team together, who would you put?

What if your guys can't find the motivation to fight against someone they love? Especially if the summons are under Kabuto's control? That'd be risky business, no?

Yeah, first arc of Yu Yu Hakusho.

You ever drank rum by itself? I love rum, so awesome.

Good luck! Like, that's a lot! How do you like Team Medical Dragon?

basher

Reaction score
Country
United States
My ideal team would be a mixture of talents. Looks to me that there are long rang, mid range, short range and etc. They all have weakness and mixing them together would allow them to help with each others weaknesses and strengths. I'll look at the names later and decide my team. I want to know more about the ninja from other countries too.

War always have risks. Considering they all are suppose to be at a certain rank I would have to trust that they can handle it or let them die. Even if this sounds horrible. Should we continue this discussions in Naruto forum or just here? I will answer whats asked.

Yu Yu Hakusho first story arc is one of my favorites. It foundation of the story. Kurama is my favorite character because of the background story to him.

I think I drank a hot n spicy rum by itself. Made my throat burn in a good way.

TMD has gotten very political. Katou has a great point with the ship. It should be more about the patients. Until chapter 65 I really didn't think much of her. I thought she just wanted to be a professor. Asada is brash. Makes the story at times fun. What is the current chapter thats out?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
It's up to you. If you could master any one jutsu, what jutsu would you choose?

The first arc was boring IMO. It picked up though. Kurama's one of my favorite characters and is so epic. How did you feel when you saw him pissed off when he beat the Game Master kid and when you saw him fight the older Toguro during that same arc? I got such chills.

Ever had Everclear?

It was basically political though, with the ways doctors focused on politics for their own career and etc. I think Katou changed her mind to focusing more on the patients, and I'm glad she started to care more about her team than her own career. Asada's brashness and genius is what makes TMD so awesome to me. He's so unorthodox yet so effective.
I'm not sure, tbh. :s Sorry.

lordHokage

Reaction score
Country
Bahamas
Hello basher,

Welcome to MH and the zone. I love watching a good soccer game and best wishes on your studies. I look forward to seeing you around here and please by all means have fun.

Take care, lordHokage. :)

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
hello basher,

Do you happen to like Op?

digitaldude

MH's Funniest Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
You ruined this thread.

and if you could live in any country in the world all expenses covered where would you live basher?

Lawl Po Bia

The OMO King
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Japan
thats my hobby after all.yours is next btw

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
You are 27 and still studying??? No offense.
She could have a major that requires her to study for a long time, she could be going back to school, she could be going into new major, or her job requires she go to school and learn new stuff to stay updated. You never know the reasons; I've seen people older than thirty go to college or back to college for their job or for new major. Not fair to judge.