Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
​

This is Moegara from the One Piece forum, as most people here know me as.

@Kiki and @Cyanobacteria brought to my attention that most most active staffers have a thread like this and suggested I follow suit, so here we are.

I don't really know what I should say about myself here, but any and all questions and suggestions are welcomed.
 
Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
No wonder you like him, that description really does make him quite appealing to any prospective reader. I've seen that are a number of books in this series. Are they connected somehow or are some individual stories but within the same world?

By adaptation you mean live action? Also I've not read The Witcher, just the Game of Thrones series to be honest; just waiting for the final books to paint over the nightmare that was the last few seasons of the tv show.
Yeah, they're making a live action. They announced some of the cast for the main characters but they've still not shown any footage.

All the books from the Wheel of Time are connected in chronological order and they're all about the story focused on Rand, Mat and Perrin (all three of them ta'varen), sometimes switching focus to other characters but always with them at the center. It's a pretty lengthy adventure.

The last couple of books are from a different writer because the original author sadly passed away in 2007 but he left the books on the hands of the author of The Stormlight Archive books (another well-renowned fantasy saga) and he made them justice.


I'm glad I watched the last few seasons of GoT for free or I'd have been pissed at HBO. :XD You haven't read/watched/played The Witcher? I'd recommend the three options. The games aren't canon at all but the third one is just fantastic either way. Best high fantasy game out there.
 

Static

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 18, 2016
Messages
5,918
Reaction score
10,237
Age
26
Gender
Male
Country
India
Since you also are an avid fan of fantasy, I think you'll really love this tool : https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/

It's a very complicated tool for building fantasy maps and worlds but once you learn it properly, it becomes really beautiful. I frequently tinker with it, sometimes just for fun, other times to help me with writing and worldbuilding or just to give me fascinating and cool ideas. :XD
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Fantasy is my favourite fiction genre :beer
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

it becomes really beautiful.
You are:blush
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Since you also are an avid fan of fantasy, I think you'll really love this tool : https://azgaar.github.io/Fantasy-Map-Generator/

It's a very complicated tool for building fantasy maps and worlds but once you learn it properly, it becomes really beautiful. I frequently tinker with it, sometimes just for fun, other times to help me with writing and worldbuilding or just to give me fascinating and cool ideas. :XD
That could actually come in very handy for me!

When I'm not so busy with my portfolio I use to write my own fantasy story. I have been working on its world building for a year now, but I haven't had the time to commit 100% to it so I just get on it like once a week.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
When I'm not so busy with my portfolio I use to write my own fantasy story. I have been working on its world building for a year now, but I haven't had the time to commit 100% to it so I just get on it like once a week.
Oh that sounds sick! May I ask some questions or is it super confidential? :whistle
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Oh that sounds sick! May I ask some questions or is it super confidential? :whistle
Most of it is confidential but depending on the question sure, I could answer.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Most of it is confidential but depending on the question sure, I could answer.
What type of fantasy is it going to be?
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
What type of fantasy is it going to be?
High Fantasy but with a technological setting more similar to Warhammer than to Lord of the Rings.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
High Fantasy but with a technological setting more similar to Warhammer than to Lord of the Rings.
Seems interesting. Lmk when it's in shelves at Indigo.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
High Fantasy but with a technological setting more similar to Warhammer than to Lord of the Rings.
I'm quoting myself just to clarify I meant "Warhammer Fantasy", not "Warhammer 40K".

Seems interesting. Lmk when it's in shelves at Indigo.
If it ever gets published I'll be over the moon. You'll be sure to find a sticky thread here.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
If it ever gets published I'll be over the moon. You'll be sure to find a sticky thread here.
I'll buy 10 copies lol.

The feeling of getting something you wrote published is the greatest. Trust me lol
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, how are you getting on with your portfolio?
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Oh, how are you getting on with your portfolio?
Doing my best. I'm working on a project that's a small playable game level designed by myself. Nothing fancy but by doing this I can show off all the different aspects of game developing (except coding. I'm not writing any codes myself).
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I should really make that as my avatar for the duration of the contest. :salsa

Or until next week if I lose this round.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Grimmjow......5th best Espada :toc
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Grimmjow......5th best Espada :toc
What's your Espada Top? Cool-wise, not strength-wise.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think this would be my Top Coolest Espada:

1- Coyote
2- Grimmjow
3- Ulquiorra
4- Tier
5- Baraggan
6- Szayel
7- Yammy
8- Zommari
9- Nnoitra
10- Aaroniero
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What's your Espada Top? Cool-wise, not strength-wise.
1) Stark
2) Ulq
3) Yammy
4) Harribel
5) Grimmjow
6) Szyael
7) Barragan
8) Aaroneiro
9) Nnoitra
10) Zommari
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
1) Stark
2) Ulq
3) Yammy
4) Harribel
5) Grimmjow
6) Szyael
7) Barragan
8) Aaroneiro
9) Nnoitra
10) Zommari
Oh, wow. I can understand Ulquiorra and Harribel but I'm surprised to see Yammy that high!
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

@Kiki Thank you, man. It encourage me to make some fast promotion signature too. :salsa
 
Top