Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
​

This is Moegara from the One Piece forum, as most people here know me as.

@Kiki and @Cyanobacteria brought to my attention that most most active staffers have a thread like this and suggested I follow suit, so here we are.

I don't really know what I should say about myself here, but any and all questions and suggestions are welcomed.
 
Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
About 234 in one day.

Today is a bit slower
That's a lot! Are you planning to re-read all of it before 1000 hits?
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
That's a lot! Are you planning to re-read all of it before 1000 hits?
Yes, so I can truly appreciate it. I'm just about to finish Enies Lobby right now.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Yes, so I can truly appreciate it. I'm just about to finish Enies Lobby right now.
Still a long way to go but not a bad ruth's at all. That's almost halfway. lol
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,987
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
so so soooo what do you like about Clark and Hal?????
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Still a long way to go but not a bad ruth's at all. That's almost halfway. lol
Chap 1000 is to release on Jan 2nd. I'll finish OP in a couple days.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Chap 1000 is to release on Jan 2nd. I'll finish OP in a couple days.
You have time to spare.

Nice to see you have joined us on the One Piece Christmassy theme!

so so soooo what do you like about Clark and Hal?????
What's there not to?!

I mean, I like a lot of DC characters. I'm even a fanboy of Animal Man, but Clark and Hal and definitely two of the characters I like the most. Constantine too.

I like Clark because of how he's exactly what you wouldn't expect from a man with his powers. As Bruce puts it, he's a boy scout, he never ever abuses his powers despite having the power to easily conquer the world and most of his stories revolve around his personal problems trying to fit in as a human. I also love that he's a reporter: he has the strength and the brains to do any job in the world and have as much money as he would dream of without doing anything illegal, yet he chose to be a reporter for two reasons: because his powers don't help him write better and he likes having to put some effort, and because being a repoter he can keep helping people and society even when he's not Superman.

Hal is a character I've always thought about cosplaying. I love all the human green lanterns, especially Kyle and John Stewart, but Hal is just special to me. I love the theme of the GLs, the whole "in the brightest day...", in the end his toughest battles are just as simple as "be brave and trust yourself". They're characters that can push through anything as long as they do that and I get excited every time he gets a boost of power like that. Hal, most of the time, doesn't seem to have the right attitude to be a hero: he gets competitive (and not always in a healthy way), he sometimes makes fun of people and even be a little bit of a cocky bully, he also had a terrible attitude towards Carol after she broke up with him, which are all negative traits, but when it's time to save someone or do anything heroic he doesn't think of the consequences and rushes in even when he doesn't have his ring, and he does it just because it's the right thing, not to gain anything. So I love him for that.



On the topic of Clark, I'm also a fan of the trope of having evil alternates of him. Since he's such a "good boy" it's very easy to just create an opposite evil alternate. Ultraman, Superboy-Prime, the Homelander, the Plutonian, that mustached guy from Invincible... the kid from Brightburn... I love them all.

The thing about DC is that I dislike many of their stories. I don't like many of their films and also not many of their most recent comics, but I really like their characters and heroes, more than the ones from Marvel (which I also like anyway).
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
You have time to spare.

Nice to see you have joined us on the One Piece Christmassy theme!
I couldn't find a Shanks themed one :emocat
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I couldn't find a Shanks themed one :emocat
I'll tell you if I can find one.

At least you got the World Strongest Santa.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,987
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
What's there not to?!

I mean, I like a lot of DC characters. I'm even a fanboy of Animal Man, but Clark and Hal and definitely two of the characters I like the most. Constantine too.

I like Clark because of how he's exactly what you wouldn't expect from a man with his powers. As Bruce puts it, he's a boy scout, he never ever abuses his powers despite having the power to easily conquer the world and most of his stories revolve around his personal problems trying to fit in as a human. I also love that he's a reporter: he has the strength and the brains to do any job in the world and have as much money as he would dream of without doing anything illegal, yet he chose to be a reporter for two reasons: because his powers don't help him write better and he likes having to put some effort, and because being a repoter he can keep helping people and society even when he's not Superman.

Hal is a character I've always thought about cosplaying. I love all the human green lanterns, especially Kyle and John Stewart, but Hal is just special to me. I love the theme of the GLs, the whole "in the brightest day...", in the end his toughest battles are just as simple as "be brave and trust yourself". They're characters that can push through anything as long as they do that and I get excited every time he gets a boost of power like that. Hal, most of the time, doesn't seem to have the right attitude to be a hero: he gets competitive (and not always in a healthy way), he sometimes makes fun of people and even be a little bit of a cocky bully, he also had a terrible attitude towards Carol after she broke up with him, which are all negative traits, but when it's time to save someone or do anything heroic he doesn't think of the consequences and rushes in even when he doesn't have his ring, and he does it just because it's the right thing, not to gain anything. So I love him for that.



On the topic of Clark, I'm also a fan of the trope of having evil alternates of him. Since he's such a "good boy" it's very easy to just create an opposite evil alternate. Ultraman, Superboy-Prime, the Homelander, the Plutonian, that mustached guy from Invincible... the kid from Brightburn... I love them all.

The thing about DC is that I dislike many of their stories. I don't like many of their films and also not many of their most recent comics, but I really like their characters and heroes, more than the ones from Marvel (which I also like anyway).
I see... you are a man of culture 😌
oh you like John too? what do you like about him?

when you mentioned their films, is it live action or animated movies? did you watch all of them? do you play any of DC games?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ohh forgot to ask, so you cosplayyy?!?!?!? 😮
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I see... you are a man of culture 😌
oh you like John too? what do you like about him?

when you mentioned their films, is it live action or animated movies? did you watch all of them? do you play any of DC games?
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

ohh forgot to ask, so you cosplayyy?!?!?!? 😮
It's nothing special but I can answer your first and last answers with this:
It's just amateurish, just for fun, and I have mostly cosplayed as manga characters. Constantine is the only DC character I have done so far and I just took advantage of how his clothes are pretty "normal".

About John, I like his personality a lot. He's the kind of person that in real life I wouldn't get along with nor like him, but as a fiction character he's great. He's supposedly a very powerful wizard but he's never represented as combat-oriented, yet he's always smarter than everyone else and always ends up beating guys like the Lucifer or Trigon through his cunning alone. He even tricked Shazam once into giving him his powers. His romance with Zatanna is also one of the best in DC. I really like them together. Also, for some reason I always like this kind of... old-looking cynical character that's always smoking or drinking. Like Wolverine on the Logan film. And speaking of movies, the Keanu Reeves Constantine movie is one of the DC movies that I really do like, and that's coming from me that I usually never like when the actor doesn't look like the character.

I was mostly refearing to live action movies. Usually the cast is good (like Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck recently) and the action scenes are badass as hell, but the plot is just all over the place so I can't really like them.

The animated movies are mostly good because they are adaptations of good story arcs straight from the comics with slight changes. Most of them are good, but I have to point out that they some times mess up too when they change things, like when Bruce banged Barbara in the Killing Joke. I really don't like Bruce banging his best friend's daughter and his son's love interest.


And about the games... yes of course! :D I have the Injustice games, the Arkham games and even the LEGO Batman games. I even played DC Universe Online for a while, and the Infinite Crisis MOBA while it lasted.

I'm just a big DC nerd in the end.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

About John, I like his personality a lot. He's the kind of person that in real life I wouldn't get along with nor like him, but as a fiction character he's great. He's supposedly a very powerful wizard but he's never represented as combat-oriented, yet he's always smarter than everyone else and always ends up beating guys like the Lucifer or Trigon through his cunning alone. He even tricked Shazam once into giving him his powers. His romance with Zatanna is also one of the best in DC. I really like them together. Also, for some reason I always like this kind of... old-looking cynical character that's always smoking or drinking. Like Wolverine on the Logan film. And speaking of movies, the Keanu Reeves Constantine movie is one of the DC movies that I really do like, and that's coming from me that I usually never like when the actor doesn't look like the character.
I mentioned his cunning but somehow I skipped mentioning what sets him apart from every other DC anti-hero: He easily throws innocents and allies alike under the bus for the greater good (which sometimes is just his greater good). That's why I wouldn't like him as a real life person, but he's very unique as a character.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I even played DC Universe Online
I've spent wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on that game.

I'm just a big DC nerd in the end.
YESSIR. DC fanboys gang. Crisis on Infinite earths and Blackest Nights are my all-time fav series.

Arkham games and even the LEGO Batman games.
Spent too much time on these too lol.

OP Speedrun update on Day 3: Finished Fisman Island. Hoping to finish PH + Dressorsa by Thursday and have WCI + Wano done by next friday.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

It's nothing special but I can answer your first and last answers with this:
It's just amateurish, just for fun, and I have mostly cosplayed as manga characters. Constantine is the only DC character I have done so far and I just took advantage of how his clothes are pretty "normal".
:swoon:swoon
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I've spent wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on that game.



YESSIR. DC fanboys gang. Crisis on Infinite earths and Blackest Nights are my all-time fav series.



Spent too much time on these too lol.

OP Speedrun update on Day 3: Finished Fisman Island. Hoping to finish PH + Dressorsa by Thursday and have WCI + Wano done by next friday.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



:swoon:swoon
Bloody hell, you have already gone beyond the timeskip. xD I hope the 1000th chapter really pays off the hype.

What is your main chara in DC Universe? lol
Also, I remembered another DC game that I have: Scribblenauts Unlimited. That game, just like the LEGO ones, is kind of childish but has a surprising amount of content that no other DC game have.

And what are your favorite DC heroes (or villains)? I didn't ask @Kiki but I've always guessed his is Batman. 🕵️‍♂️
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Bloody hell, you have already gone beyond the timeskip. xD I hope the 1000th chapter really pays off the hype.
I'm not expecting a godly chapter like some people are. Maybe a reveal of someone but I think it'll be a cliffhanger chapter and the good stuff will be the few chapters following it.

What is your main chara in DC Universe? lol
Wym? In terms of build I go Ice and a Villian mentored by the Joker. Got my CR to 292 and stopped. I got into it back when there was only 1 DLC.

Also, I remembered another DC game that I have: Scribblenauts Unlimited. That game, just like the LEGO ones, is kind of childish but has a surprising amount of content that no other DC game have.
Never heard of it.

And what are your favorite DC heroes (or villains)? I didn't ask @Kiki but I've always guessed his is Batman. 🕵️‍♂️
Heroes:
  • Batman
  • GL ( Hal Jordan)
  • Superman
  • Flash
Villains:
  • Nekron
  • Anti-Monitor
  • Sinestro
  • Braniac
  • Joker
 
Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
Wym? In terms of build I go Ice and a Villian mentored by the Joker. Got my CR to 292 and stopped. I got into it back when there was only 1 DLC.
Yeah that's what I meant. I worded it like that in case you made more characters.

Mine was a Superman clone. Nothing original about it.

Never heard of it.

Actually I was wrong about the title. Scribblenauts Unlimited is the original with DLCs. Scribblenauts Unmasked is the one about DC.

It's just a fun and straightforward puzzle game, what's original about it is that you play some guy with a notepad in which you can write anything you want, from "Small Pink Scissors" to "Colossal Angry Capitalist" and it gets spawned into the game, either to be random about it or to solve the puzzles. And of course in Unmasked you can write any DC character and he spawns as well.

Heroes:
  • Batman
  • GL ( Hal Jordan)
  • Superman
  • Flash
Villains:
  • Nekron
  • Anti-Monitor
  • Sinestro
  • Braniac
  • Joker
I like that list. I see that other than the Joker you are into galactic threats.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Yeah that's what I meant. I worded it like that in case you made more characters.

Mine was a Superman clone. Nothing original about it.
I made multiple but I really focused on my main.

I like that list. I see that other than the Joker you are into galactic threats.
Yep. I'm really into storylines that put the entire omniverse in danger.

However, I really like the alternate versions of characters. So like the red death, Thought Robot, GED, Parallax consumed Hal.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
I made multiple but I really focused on my main.



Yep. I'm really into storylines that put the entire omniverse in danger.

However, I really like the alternate versions of characters. So like the red death, Thought Robot, GED, Parallax consumed Hal.
I love that kind of characters as well. Have you read Forever Evil? That wasn't really an omniversal threat but the way they adapted the Crime Syndicate was awesome.

Even more recently there was the... Dark Knights? I think that was their name.

Alternate versions of the Justice League that are all Bruce Wayne gone evil with superpowers equating each of his League's companions.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I love that kind of characters as well. Have you read Forever Evil? That wasn't really an omniversal threat but the way they adapted the Crime Syndicate was awesome.
Nah I'll check it out and come back.

Even more recently there was the... Dark Knights? I think that was their name.

Alternate versions of the Justice League that are all Bruce Wayne gone evil with superpowers equating each of his League's companions.
Yea, all the versions of batman are great. Especially Doomsday x Batman.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,987
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
It's nothing special but I can answer your first and last answers with this:
It's just amateurish, just for fun, and I have mostly cosplayed as manga characters. Constantine is the only DC character I have done so far and I just took advantage of how his clothes are pretty "normal".
wow! 😮 you even dyed your hair! what manga chars have you cosplayed? nice trench coat btw


About John, I like his personality a lot. He's the kind of person that in real life I wouldn't get along with nor like him, but as a fiction character he's great. He's supposedly a very powerful wizard but he's never represented as combat-oriented, yet he's always smarter than everyone else and always ends up beating guys like the Lucifer or Trigon through his cunning alone. He even tricked Shazam once into giving him his powers. His romance with Zatanna is also one of the best in DC. I really like them together. Also, for some reason I always like this kind of... old-looking cynical character that's always smoking or drinking. Like Wolverine on the Logan film. And speaking of movies, the Keanu Reeves Constantine movie is one of the DC movies that I really do like, and that's coming from me that I usually never like when the actor doesn't look like the character.
Keanu was hot :hurrgasm

I was mostly refearing to live action movies. Usually the cast is good (like Henry Cavill, Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck recently) and the action scenes are badass as hell, but the plot is just all over the place so I can't really like them.
are you looking forward to Zack Snyder's version? cuz me too :love

The animated movies are mostly good because they are adaptations of good story arcs straight from the comics with slight changes. Most of them are good, but I have to point out that they some times mess up too when they change things, like when Bruce banged Barbara in the Killing Joke. I really don't like Bruce banging his best friend's daughter and his son's love interest.
OMG YES THAT BRUCE X BABS RUINED IT :arf
that's just crazy :fail :fail :fail she was pregnant and got miscarriage :fail Dick punched Bruce :fail it's just.......... yikes to me :fail good thing the comic isnt canon. but the animation tho... there's even banging scene... :fail

sorry for the rant

And about the games... yes of course! :D I have the Injustice games, the Arkham games and even the LEGO Batman games. I even played DC Universe Online for a while, and the Infinite Crisis MOBA while it lasted.

I'm just a big DC nerd in the end.
niceeeeeee. you played Arkham games too :zomg
I've spent wayyyyyyyyyyyy too much time on that game.



YESSIR. DC fanboys gang. Crisis on Infinite earths and Blackest Nights are my all-time fav series.



Spent too much time on these too lol.

OP Speedrun update on Day 3: Finished Fisman Island. Hoping to finish PH + Dressorsa by Thursday and have WCI + Wano done by next friday.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



:swoon:swoon
niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee another DC fan on MH
I didn't ask @Kiki but I've always guessed his is Batman. 🕵️‍♂️
yasssss I am just so into Bruce. I am whipped for Bruce. I am gay for him.
#WhippedCulture

Actually I was wrong about the title. Scribblenauts Unlimited is the original with DLCs. Scribblenauts Unmasked is the one about DC.
oh? looks kawaii :3
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I want to cosplay Jason Todd tbh. well, not exactly the same, but his design is really cool to mimic IMO.

especially this one



minus the mask, the guns. maybe simple ones like grey-colored turtle neck, brown leather jacket, gloves, grey-colored jeans, belt..
 
Top