Josei Nodame Cantabile by Ninomiya Tomoko

Yabe

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: Nodame Cantabile

First of all, I really love the failed pizza (sp?) scenes which Nodame baked in this chapter. I like it how there're always amusing moments for loud laughters in each single chap that's released.

I think that the character of Rui in Ninomiya's artwork is far more awesome than in the live-action series. It really beated me that sometimes her postures looked much cooler than our poor heroine. I also think Chiaki's a little unfair to expect Nodame's piano skills to be as good as Rui, I meant from reading, Rui's been performing in a lot of stages when Nodame's just discovered her future as a pianist. If I was him, I would devote my time working with Nodame's talent than walking off doing my own performances and leaving her sort things out by herself. Especially it actually was Chiaki himself who wanted (at least at the time after watching her final-round competition) Nodame to come to Paris with him.

Do you think he's still doubting/confusing about his feelings for her?

However, that Ravel's piece is also a beautiful one, I wish I got a chance to listen to it through the anime version.

How come that Milch became Nodame's tutor? I haven't read chapter 121-124 :darn But I suspect that Milch had put something serious into Nodame's thoughts again - she kept being in her sulky state.

I specially really like this chapter because there're Kiyora-Mine's moments (seeing they're doing pretty cool together makes me happy - I rather enjoy the stories of this couple, heh.)

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I think that Milch saw nodame being sad again, and he took her on to perform a concert with her while Chiaki performs with Rui.

I actually like Milch, and he's a very important instrument in the development of Chiaki and Nodame's relationship, as lovers and as musicians. ^^

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

Me too like Milch for that fact - let alone he's funny, but he's a bit tricky also. I have no doubt on his intention for Nodame's goodness but I have no fancy in the way he does it =_=;

Either they're his prior plans on talking Nodame to be serious with her piano, or taking Chiaki away for his tour concerts; all gave poor Nodame such drama <- but that's not to be meant that it's not enjoyable somehow :kukuku

Meromorphe

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

ah but there is quite a debate about Rui right now. Like whether she really has a crush on Chiaki or not. Some people think it's more like how Kiyora treats Chiaki, as a friend.

Right now I'm gearing more on that too, the platonic one.
From my reading of the chapter 122, I would say Rui has an inclination towards him. But it is up to the author to develop or not the relationship.

They are some cons:
- the author already succeeded with Rui because Nodame is jealous.
- By looking at it more closely, on a year they don't spend so much time together.

They are some pros:
- how not to make Chiaki and Nodame officially together (at least with viewpoint of Chiaki) if there is no hindrance.

The choice of the autohr will depend on how long the managa will. If it goes beyonf 35 vol. It will be difficult not to a rival to keep the plot entertaining.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Well yeah, we could say with chapter 122 that Rui may be in love with Chiaki or something. Given that she blushed, didn't she?

But honestly, if she and Chiaki end up together, I give up on waking up. -_-;

As it is now, there are so many hindrances to their relationship, even without Rui. This will just speed up the process, I think.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :scry :scry :scry

123 was so sad!! :crying I really cried, honestly!! Poor nodame!!

Last edited:

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :scry :scry :scry

123 was so sad!! :crying I really cried, honestly!! Poor nodame!!
Haha yeah... Chiaki took Nodame's words too lightly again. However, a heroin like Nodame is sorta so hard to follow/understand I think.

(Glad that Milch went there and found her.)

Omnicent

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

finally manged to get caught up with this series.

Hmm, a pretty interesting chapter.
This is the first time that I have a feeling
of dread, that something bad is on the horizon.

I hope so, it's about time things gets shaken up.
Chiaki needs to wake the hell up. Also, Stressman better
not die any time soon :(

Wow. This is getting interesting.
The time when Chiaki wakes (is obliviousness is starting to annoy me :mad
) up is very close
I think.

Heck when Elise calls Chiaki I cheered. I can't wait to
see his face in the raws.
While on the subject of Chiaki, when he said
“If you don’t let me listen to your piano, then who will?!!”
I became slightly upset. Either his ego has expanded to massive
proportions and its about to deflate after hearing Nodame play in her debut with Stressman's orchestra, or I am just misinterpreting
what he says. Hopefully it's the former of the two.

Oh and for 126 spoilers for those that don't already know (heck I
have been following Nodame for a while and just found it, so
I can't be the only one).
Kandidy

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

chapter 124 by NCIS already out guys!

Thanks for the 126 spoilers, Omnicent. And welcome to MH! :confetti

EDIT:

I just read 124. :wtf first I have to say, is it me or has anyone else noticed that Nodame suddenly became super pretty and hot?? man, when she morphs into the woman that she really is she becomes even more irresistible!! :drool

And milch! Don't die :scry

I can't say I hate Chiaki though. It's normal he'd react that way. I mean, being asked that question out of the blue would throw anyone in a blunder.

Last edited:

Omnicent

Reaction score
Country
United States

Did some searching and found a dl link to 126 (not sure if its Japanese or Chinese though)

Nodame Cantabile Ch. 126

You can see the spoiler which has a decently detailed summary for ch 126 in my post above.

Last edited:

Meromorphe

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

Is there any information about how long Nodame Cantabile will last?
<150 chapters
between 150 and 200 chapters
>200 chapters

It is seldom to have this kind of information or it is announced 3 chapters before the last one. If someone has a rough estimation, I will be interested.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I'm betting about 150-160. I dunno if the translators have exact info though.

The reason behind my estimation is because I think that right now with the current chapters (125, 126) we are reaching the climax, pinnacle, if you will, of Nodame and Chiaki's relationship, like, the worst possible scenario that could happen, the biggest hurdle that they'll have to face, that if they overcome this, we can sleep in peace and the manga can end.

It's also in these chapters that we already feel that it's driving towards Nodame and Chiaki finally facing their music head on. It will happen in a few chapters' time. :nuts

Meromorphe

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela

How the things have turned out, I agree there is an opportunity for the author to conclude the romance and maybe the manga.
So, I'm wondering if she wants to finish with this current arc or begin new ones like an international piano contest for Nodame (in classic music it seems it is important, so that's why there are a lot in this manga, it is not because the author is unimaginative. To become a great musician, you shall win contests). There is also the relationship between Chiaki and his father.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

hmm.. about Chiaki's father, there might be a possibility for a new arc for that. But I feel it's too long to conclude that in one whole arc, since I think the first part of that subplot has already been revealed in the earlier chapters. All it needs is I think 3 chapters to be resolved or something.

sylvira

Reaction score
Country
United States

I don't think the mangaka's going to wrap it up yet. There's still Nodame's exams and Chiaki's father and other issues to deal with. But we could definitely hitting a high point in the romance of their relationship.

ksfst

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Wah!!
I started reading the manga lately, I'm loving it! I just love classical music and this manga is amazing.

AHH! I have a question: They release it monthly ? When are we going to get new chapters? I really want to read 127 *_*
Another silly question: Is there some nice place for spoilers of upcoming chapters?

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

hmm.. speaking of Edited Mangas, i do think there was a standstill.. :s

The best place to check out the Edited Manga status would be at http://www.ncismanga.net/portal.php

but they're always down and I don't go there anymore so I'm not really updated as well. :sweatdrop

strategos

Reaction score
Country
United States

Where can I get the Scans for this manga?

ksfst

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Where can I get the Scans for this manga?
You can read it at onemanga or you can click on the link baboysai posted.

strategos

Reaction score
Country
United States

It seems that the links are oout of services. I was wondering if anyone could megaupload/rapidshare it new fresh links or put it on torrent.

baboysai

Pink Warrior
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

I think they are indeed available on onemanga.

I'll see if I can MU it... although I've never done it before ehehhe :sweatdrop