Josei - Nodame Cantabile by Ninomiya Tomoko | Page 13 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Josei Nodame Cantabile by Ninomiya Tomoko

ksfst

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Re: [Josei] Nodame Cantabile by Ninomiya Tomoko

The latest chapter is awesome. I'm glad Nina finally realized who Nodame is. ANd that Last page particularly that last panel... :luv

But seriously... that notice at the end dashed my excitement. :wtf

Why is this series ending next month??????? It's so abrupt! I think there are still issues that need to be addresses. Nooo!!!
<hr noshade size="1">

You can find info about the raw here:
http://community.livejournal.com/the_s_orchestra/235658.html
Thank you very much! Awesome chapter! Really looking forward to the ending, if I had to guess, I bet last chapter will be after a time skip; It's a shame that it's coming to an end, but I'm really happy that I had the chance to read such a nice piece of art.

goal

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Norway

This series is intellectual, funny and an original piece of writing. A truly enjoyable one of its kind manga.
I would really miss this series. I wish there are more series like this and the mangaka continues to write more beause she is extremely talented:)
Really liked the series:)

ksfst

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

This series is intellectual, funny and an original piece of writing. A truly enjoyable one of its kind manga.
I would really miss this series. I wish there are more series like this and the mangaka continues to write more beause she is extremely talented:)
Really liked the series:)

Well, she has a baby to take care now, so I can understand it! (I bet this is one of the reasons behind the ending) I just hope that in a future we can see another work by her, and I bet it's going to be just as, or even more awesome than Nodame is.

Oh, well, I didn't like the last chapter, but it seems it's going to have a special chapter, so, let's wait and see.

Last edited:

TwEeD

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Belgium

Talk about an anti-climatic and rushed ending ... It reeks like she left it so open on purpose for commercial reasons (live-actions, mayb even the anime...)

VERY dissapointed in this "conclusion", let's hope those side-stories will be a bit satisfying

Himemo

Translator
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Where...where's the wedding? I thought we were going to get a nice, big sappy wedding with all of the characters we hadn't seen for awhile attending. No wedding? They don't even get to play a concert together? It's over? What?

I mean, this is still one of my favorite mangas, but...this can't actually be the end, right? In a few months, or a year or something, we're going to get a special wedding chapter or volume or something. Right?

roma

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

Nooo! *sob* This isn't how I hoped this series will end. Where's Nodame and Chiaki's concerto? (I'm still hoping they'd play Rach2 with an orchestra. I love that scene in part 1.) This finale IS TOTALLY rushed. :sad

dokodemo

Reaction score
Country
Canada

ch.136 will unfortunately be the last chapter of Nodame Cantabile....:(
and there were so many things i was hoping that Ninomiya-sensei would cover...
but....*sigh*...*cry*

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy
Re: [Josei] Nodame Cantabile (and the Side Story) by Ninomiya Tomoko

I share everyone's 'being left incompleted' feelings after having read the final chapter. Although, I think that it's also a possible ending for the rush: Nodame still preserved her unique 'fickled-mind and unexpectable' personality (that causes her charming) as she no longer desired to do the Concerto with Chiaki, yet she returned to the more grounded road of a musician's life - without a fantabulous concert, but a talented pianist who plays for pure love and pleasure in the sounds.

And yessh! The 1st chapter of the rumored side story for this serie has been released (in case anyone hasn't noticed it yet):

Nodame Cantabile Encore - Opera Hen!

From the Animeraider:

Speaking from experience, I can tell you that the most challenging and exciting thing a conductor can do is conduct an opera. Chiaki knows it, and he’s been watching his old mentor do them and is eager to give it a try. So when his old friends from Japan alert him to an opportunity to conduct an opera in Japan, he leaps at the chance. So Chiaki and Nodame return to their old stomping grounds to put together an opera with the first orchestra Chiaki ever conducted – the infamous “S Orchestra”, with some old friends and rivals…

For chapter 1's summary go here (to say thanks :))
Re-upped raws (credits to the original uploaders Animeraider & Sharak)

Let's discuss about the side story here from now on!

Last edited:

Lillid

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Hey does someone knows what does happen on the 3rd chapter of the opera hen that was published on jan 9?? I couldn't find it anywhere
=(

Yabe

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Italy

:comfort The 3rd chapter wasn't published in that issue. I think that there's usually 1 or 2 months break of Nodame once a couple of chapters are released in Kiss. According to Ninomiya's website chapter 3 will come back in the next issue. :)

Anyway, chapter 2 looked hilarious. Kiyora's expression on Takahashi was funny :gigglebunny It would be cool if someone could translate some short summaries here...

Last edited:

baboysai

Pink Warrior
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Philippines

i thought Nodame was already finished???? :confused

[tsuki]Refer to this post for answers :amuse[/tsuki]

Last edited by a moderator: