Seinen Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Yeah, I love how being fond of someone can automatically change who/what Amatsu is "allergic" to, lol. Though I guess maybe it's more of a psychosomatic thing anyway. It's humorous, nonetheless. ^^
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Yeah, gotta be a psychological thing. Although I wonder if he'll ever decide to explain the origin of that particular problem.

Other than being humorous, it's pretty important to the plot too :P Shows how he feels about certain female characters lol.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

His crush on Kourogi is blatantly obvious cause of his (lack of) hives. Kind of cute, actually.

Chapter 23 is out!!

A lot of technical talk about ski jumping in the summer. Nono was as adorable as always. I'm adopting her as one of my favorite characters. Great mix of strength and vulnerability. She seems like real person. I want to know what Shingu is up to. Not only is he planning on sabotaging Emperor, he's after Amatsu too. He seems to be worse than Emperor is being made out to be.
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Read the newest chapter and can't wait to see what happens next~

When Nono got the picture of Katou skiing naked, I completely lol-ed. She's going to be scarred for life with all the naked guys. XD I think this is the second time she's seen a guy's frontal nudity (the first being the other guy in the club (sorry, forgot his name) when she went to take a bath in the dorms). Then when the club sponsor, Gobou, asked Nono to do the jump simulation and then dropped her. LOL.

Too many people are underestimating her ability because her brother sucked. I wonder if she'll heed that guy's advice and helm in her abilities. It wouldn't be nice if the Emperor started targeting her. >_< Then again now even that teacher from the other school underestimates Nono and doesn't even have Shingu bother to sabotage her... I can't wait to see what kind of 'accidents' they get into... You just know it's gonna be bloody~ (b/c of Elfen Lied :p)
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Read the newest chapter and can't wait to see what happens next~
A lot of what you said will be shown/explained in chapter 24 :p

You are right in many ways. But I won't say anything :P
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

That comment is such a tease, cookie! *resists the urge to look at the raw for chapter 24* :xp

I get the feeling that the Emperor is going to end up targeting Nono. To me, it just doesn't seem like her style to hold back, even temporarily. She's too cocky to play it safe. But then again, I also get the feeling that Shingu is probably the real threat here, not the Emperor. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens~

Also, wtf to ski jumping in the summer? I had no idea that was possible! And loool at Nono's reaction to Katou's naked pic. :XD
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

But hey, it's a lot less of a hassle, so even though it feels wrong, ski jumping in the summer works too XD

Keep resisting! lol
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Read the newest chapter and can't wait to see what happens next~

When Nono got the picture of Katou skiing naked, I completely lol-ed. She's going to be scarred for life with all the naked guys. XD I think this is the second time she's seen a guy's frontal nudity (the first being the other guy in the club (sorry, forgot his name) when she went to take a bath in the dorms). Then when the club sponsor, Gobou, asked Nono to do the jump simulation and then dropped her. LOL.

Too many people are underestimating her ability because her brother sucked. I wonder if she'll heed that guy's advice and helm in her abilities. It wouldn't be nice if the Emperor started targeting her. >_< Then again now even that teacher from the other school underestimates Nono and doesn't even have Shingu bother to sabotage her... I can't wait to see what kind of 'accidents' they get into... You just know it's gonna be bloody~ (b/c of Elfen Lied :p)
Being underestimated is her secret weapon. With her talent and her opponents letting their guard down it's so hard to beat her. And hopefully no one is hurt by Shingu. I want to know why he is sabotaging everyone. I expect blood too.

Between the picture, stumbling into the bath, and nearly being raped Nono might not date until shes 30. That scene was hilarious.

A lot of what you said will be shown/explained in chapter 24 :p

You are right in many ways. But I won't say anything :P
Your really tempting me to read the script :darn

That comment is such a tease, cookie! *resists the urge to look at the raw for chapter 24* :xp

I get the feeling that the Emperor is going to end up targeting Nono. To me, it just doesn't seem like her style to hold back, even temporarily. She's too cocky to play it safe. But then again, I also get the feeling that Shingu is probably the real threat here, not the Emperor. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens~

Also, wtf to ski jumping in the summer? I had no idea that was possible! And loool at Nono's reaction to Katou's naked pic. :XD
The Emperor seems like tsundere. He'll ultimately be nice than he seems.
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Regarding the Emperor...
I wouldn't quite say he's a tsundere, but he's definitely very different around girls he likes lol
 

Rei Ayanami

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Feb 15, 2010
Messages
124
Reaction score
43
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Finished volume 2. Better but I would of liked it more if it was about a sport other then ski jumping.

Something like snowboarding. An example being SSX video game series
 
Last edited:

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Finally caught up!

I wonder what the Emperor (he even has me scared into calling him that :s) will do now that he has seen what Nono can do? The obvious answer is try to beat her up (which I'm sure he will try or something to that extent), but what if after he gets his initial anger out, he shes her as his rival in a way and starts training to get better? He might even be able to get good enough to actually be as good as he thinks he is.

I hope something bad happens to Shingu. The Emperor deserves what's coming to him, but if Shingu goes through with messing with him during his jump, he will hurt the team as well. Which is lame :notrust Hopefully, he will either have a change of heart or get caught in the act and stopped.
 

Raichu

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 2, 2009
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
North Pole
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Newest chapter:Nono pwned them right in the face,that's all I have to say...xD

The newest chapter made me reread raw 3 and 4 again...lol...

I think that I'd probably will never get tired of this manga...
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

When you say raw 3 and 4, do you mean the volumes?

Vol 4 and 5 are quite exciting, to say in the least :D
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Hmm I don't know if the Emperor is gonna go train harder. Somehow he doesn't seem the type. Well.... we haven't seen him do so so for all we know, he could be... He DOES seem to be the vindictive type so who knows what'll happen now that he knows, but "BLOOD WILL BE SHED~"

When I saw Nono finally debuting after seeing all the people ridiculing her about her dreams about winning the gold medal I was totally like "HAH! In your face~" Ah~ finally having her debut with a good jump made me all happy. Ah~ Nono <3

And now that Nono's score is probably better than the Emporer's, now the jumpers are gonna be: Emperor, Amatsu and Nono with Shingu out of the running~ I wonder if the other school would even accept him since he couldn't even be the best of 3~ I would soooooo love to see his face when the coach says: Sorry, but you're just not even good enough. XD

@ cookie_on_fire: stop teasing us~ It's so unfair you can read it all ahead of us. Hurry up and TL faster~ XD Your hints are making me want to check out the raws sooooooooo bad... >_<
 

igotthegoods

The Giggs
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
6,515
Reaction score
4,187
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Go, Nono, go! :cheerbunny I was really happy that her debut went so well! You could tell how much it bothered her when everyone was putting her down. But I think the insults probably ended up just fueling her fire to perform even better. She pulled out an amazing jump! And it was high time everyone realized she's a serious threat, not just a dark horse. Nono is there to win! :shakefist
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

It's also frustrating for me too, knowing what happens but not being able to share it XD

But yeah, Okamoto is very good at making something not so interesting into something really exciting. If this were some other manga, a lot of people might have turned away by now...is what I think.
 

Katsuri

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Man, the last two chapters were pretty intense. First Nonomiya blows us away, then comes the Emperor and blow us way even further. :blink
 

Brid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Exciting latest chapter! No surprise that the other coach plans to double-cross Shingu. Any bastard who would suggest injuring someone else just to win an athletic competition would never be honorable. Now, the question is: what will Shingu do? Will he go through with the plan? I get the impression that what he cares most about isn't getting into the school, but getting his revenge on the emperor.

The emperor's comment about punishing Amatsu if he loses to him was surprising since that's the opposite of what Kishitani has been afraid of happening. So now, what is the truth behind what happened to that kid Kishitani knew? And what is the truth behind Shingu's injury? Did the emperor cause it or not? (Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the first time the evil coach has plotted to sabotage another athlete...)
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

I still can't wait to see Shingu's face when the coach says "DENIED!" But the purpose of him injuring the Emperor is two-fold: for revenge and to get into the school, although he might just be using the school as a reason to get revenge. I don't think he's gonna find out that the coach is lying though... Although it looks like the coach is gonna get fired anyway~ I can't wait to see what Shingu is gonna do to get revenge.

I highly doubt Amatsu is going to beat the Emperor although I don't think I want to see him expose himself to Kourogi. >_<

So now, what is the truth behind what happened to that kid Kishitani knew? And what is the truth behind Shingu's injury? Did the emperor cause it or not? (Wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the first time the evil coach has plotted to sabotage another athlete...)

I actually never thought that another coach was behind the person who got hurt that Kishitani knew~ That's certainly something to think about...

I can't wait to see the next chapter. I already see that it's already been translated. Must. Resist. Urge. To. Read. Translation. >_<
 
Last edited:
Top