Seinen Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

:p

Er...anyway, for a full explanation involving Shingu and the Emperor, it would actually be a couple chapters down the line, if that helps :p

Wow, we're nearing the end of vol 3 already...everything sure went by quickly...
 

Laika

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 4, 2009
Messages
37
Reaction score
1
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Finished up with the interhigh arc and have to say... I'm a tiny bit disappointed with this series. The whole ski jumping thing almost seems to be an after thought and sort of only being a focus in order to work with the gender bender aspect of it. It feels like the only reason that the sport that was chosen was ski jumping was mostly because of the lack of a female division in the Olympics. Up to vol 4 the series seems to be more focused on creating zany characters, silly situations, and potential romances. It makes the whole sports aspect of it sort of hard to believe in. And the author still seems to be playing with some really similar themes as in Elfen Leid. I dunno, it's just not rubbing me the right way. I hope it improves, but I probably won't go out of my way to read any more of the raw unless the way the series approaches the story and the sport starts to change.
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

I knew the Emperor wasn't such a bad guy. His soft side is so sweet, its almost IS feminine. I wonder if Shingu will confess? Finding out about the Emperor seems to have really gotten to him. I'm betting he will...or at least stay with the team.
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

Well, with the way the Emperor acts and how everyone is all scared of him with his violent tendencies (remember how he beat up that gay stalker guy?) who knew he had a softer side. It was quite unexpected for me. And to go to that extent for Shingu even if it's guilt for thinking he may have caused Shingu's accident... -__-

Shingu is definitely going to confess. I mean, c'mon, he found out that the Emperor sacrificed himself such that he will definitely never ski jump again and he may even die just to let him get into Kanokawa. Shingu's already breaking down and will confess, bringing the coach of Kanokawa down in the process, which I will definitely want to see~
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

The Emperor had male tsundere written all over him :p

I liked the interhigh arc. I was expecting this to be more about the sports; it ended up being more about the characters. Even the cross dressing was less important than developing the Emperors personality. I'm looking forward to volume 4!
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

When you said inter high arc, did you mean these past few chapters?
It's just some local competition, not inter high :o
Nowhere near, in fact.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: [Featured] Nononono by OKAMOTO Lynn

NM. Yeah, I meant the last few chapters. I guess inter high will be later on.
 

ningnomaningnong

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 18, 2009
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
New Zealand
This manga is awesome. I don't usually go for sport ones either, but nononono just hooked itself and and wouldn't let go. Vol 8 looks awesome :3
 

Brid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
LOL. Greatest ending to a chapter, ever. I guess the emperor's heart got broken in more ways than one...

I was also glad to see the character development for Amatsu. That "I must win at all costs, even if I lose my life" attitude of his was unrealistic. He'd be upheld as Mr. Awesome for it if this was a shonen manga, but since this is seinen, the characters should be a little more complex than that.

Also, good for Teranouchi! It was nice to see that someone from Aojika has some integrity. Personally,
I was glad that Hino got fired, of course, but it was SOOOO much more satisfying that it wasn't just because he's a bad coach, but that the rest of his crime was revealed as well. Although it was annoying that Teranouchi and the principal? athletic director? from the other school weren't angry "because Hino could've gotten someone killed," but rather, "because you didn't believe in your own players enough" and "because you could've gotten us involved in a scandal." What's really most important guys?

And lastly, I can't read Japanese, but I've seen the raws for this series, and I thought it was pretty significant
foreshadowing that BOTH Nonomiya AND Kishitani were pictured together in that one panel where Hino is saying he'll never forgive Nonomiya. Did the mangaka really have everything that was going to happen later on planned out from this point in the series?! Kinda amazing if he did since that's FIVE volumes down the line!

BTW, stupid question but, I like the silly little captions you guys do for every release. ("I know what you did last summer." LOL) Did you not do them for 32 & 33? When I was looking at the download thread for both chapters, it says "image" in the spot where the picture would normally be.
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Haha, thanks. I chuckled as well when I saw the release picture for chapter 35. :p Hm, I don't know why you couldn't see them, but sometimes images don't display properly. But we definitely had pictures. Although I admit I don't like them as much lol.

You know, I'm never thought about the panel of Kishitani and Nono together with Hino. It could be just coincidence, but maybe it was planned out. Who knows.
 

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
so the problem with Sora got resolved quite easily. What surprised me is that Sora is able to knowingly kiss a girl (!) :blink. Even though the said girl looks exactly like your boyfriend, doing such thing is no easy feat :s

Somehow i feel sorry for Kourougi. She likes Yuuta, but Nono lied to her. I think it is very unfair...:notrust
 
Last edited:

Katsuri

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Nov 1, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
1
Age
36
Gender
Female
Country
United Kingdom
I think Sora's just that deseprate. She honestly wanted to believe that Nono was actually Yuuta with all her heart...it's really sad when you think about. :(

I wonder if Kourougi's feeling would really change if she knew Nono's true identity? :o
 
Last edited:

R4n

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2009
Messages
917
Reaction score
208
Gender
Hidden
Country
Micronesia
I wonder if Kourougi's feeling would really change if she knew Nono's true identity? :o
If Kourougi found out by herself, i think she will feel extremely angry with Nono, for lying to her and betraying her feelings (eventhough with good reason). I dunno, the yuri hints in this manga seems like more for the fanservice. I think Kourougi herself is not a lesbian. The situation with Kourougi might resolved in the same way like the way Sora problem got resolved... :oh
Kourougi and Nono might be BFF instead when the truth is out :D
 
Last edited:

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
lol at all the spoiler tags.

No, Kourogi is not a lesbian. Although I get the feeling that Kourogi is more in love with Yuuta's spirit than anything else. But count on Kourogi not finding out for quite a while :P
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
>_< Is that a spoiler, cookie????

Does that mean she WILL find out eventually? >_<

These last two chapters have been pretty funny so far with the two guys falling for Nono. It was particularly funny with Shiriya. In chapter 46, his face looked so innocent, but then the beast within reared its ugly face and you saw what he really is: a perv. I thought for sure we'd never see his face without the glasses, but I guess I was wrong. I'm looking to see more wackiness from the guys. :3

I was a bit disappointed with the whole Sora's sister arc though [I forgot her name ^^;;].
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I have no idea. The series is still on-going after all. I hope not though, as it's funny to see Kourogi trying so hard all the time.

Yeah, Umi is not very popular in the Nononono community :P
 

Brid

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
34
Reaction score
0
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Yeah, Umi is not very popular in the Nononono community :P
That's unsurprising. >_< Who are the fan favorites in the Nononono community, BTW? I've gotta imagine the Emperor is pretty high on that list, probably Kourogi too!

LOL! Shocking happenings in the latest chapter. Kishitani has some soul searching to do now...
 

Drmke

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 22, 2009
Messages
4,224
Reaction score
1,235
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
Palestine
Ok now the real fun is gonna happen. I wonder what will happen now that Kishitani knows Nono's a girl? If he tells Amatsu, he will freak out and break out in hives :XD
 

c_k

Global Moderator
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2007
Messages
904
Reaction score
1,058
Gender
Female
Country
United States
I loved the latest chapter~ :3 I can't wait to see how Kishitani acts around Nono - awkward silence here we come~ I doubt he'd tell Amatsu though or Kurougi. Although now that he knows, he's probably going to approach Nono soon and ask what's up with the whole going out with Sora story (or going out with girls in general)...
 

cookie_on_fire

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2010
Messages
93
Reaction score
14
Age
37
Gender
Female
Country
United States
Who are the fan favorites in the Nononono community, BTW? I've gotta imagine the Emperor is pretty high on that list, probably Kourogi too!
Nono, Emperor, Amatsu, and Kishitani, probably in that order :P
I don't think Kourogi is that popular at the moment though, surprisingly... But she definitely my favorite :D
 
Top