Question Number of arcs left ?

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'll repeat myself. Searching for that key is not likey gonna be as simple as just going around trying to find it with no obstacles in their way and when I say obstacles I mean fighter with great magic power. Aquarius said its a big world and the way she meant it, you should see past what she meant that being a big world there are also many people who could give trouble to Fiore mages. The details on Future Rogue's time are unknown. You don't know if Acno had to put more effort against any other around the world in future rogue's time.

You just said of course there can be a scenario where new opponents can be introduced. No, finding an enemy if Acno is defeated is not likey unless it's Ankhseram, who seems unbeatable. Does this mean Zeref was doomed from the beginning and the only hope for relief is death? Do you think Zeref will be cured of that curse or be killed? Will all this be answered in this arc? Have you thought of the possibility that Acno won't be defeated this arc? Are you stuck on saying Acno is the strongest?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'll repeat myself. Searching for that key is not likey gonna be as simple as just going around trying to find it with no obstacles in their way and when I say obstacles I mean fighter with great magic power. Aquarius said its a big world and the way she meant it, you should see past what she meant that being a big world there are also many people who could give trouble to Fiore mages. The details on Future Rogue's time are unknown. You don't know if Acno had to put more effort against any other around the world in future rogue's time.

You just said of course there can be a scenario where new opponents can be introduced. No, finding an enemy if Acno is defeated is not likey unless it's Ankhseram, who seems unbeatable. Does this mean Zeref was doomed from the beginning and the only hope for relief is death? Do you think Zeref will be cured of that curse or be killed? Will all this be answered in this arc? Have you thought of the possibility that Acno won't be defeated this arc? Are you stuck on saying Acno is the strongest?
Why not? Lucy's looking for a key, not going out of her way to look for fights. Natsu actually went out of his way to look for fights to train, and it doesn't look like he went across anyone that impressive. I really see no reason to interpret Aquarius' statement for anything other than what she says at face value. Aquarius was saying that the world is a big place and her key can be anywhere. She wasn't saying that there were mages far stronger outside of Ishgar and that Lucy had to fight them.

Of course you can always imagine a scenario in which increasingly powerful opponents are introduced.
This was what I said. Just because you can imagine a scenario, that doesn't make any of those imagined scenarios likely. Much less obvious.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Natsu went out to train and get stronger. The only time we saw him looking for a fight was during the gmg. Who has he been assaulting, including the other ft mages to get stronger? Training can be done alone. Get it right smart guy. Interpretation is over. When she said that I said you should see it too that the world is vast and Fiore aren't the only talented guild. So you meant to taunt me by saying I can imagine new antagonists? Or did you just say that to be the mr knowitall that you pretend to be?

You talk like interpretation is your thing. If you knew anything about it you would have understood it in the Alvarez power ranking thread. Instead you make foolish excuses of how you answered questions. Did you really read the whole comment or were you simply naive to think you have more sense than others? Laughable
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Natsu went out to train and get stronger. The only time we saw him looking for a fight was during the gmg. Who has he been assaulting, including the other ft mages to get stronger? Training can be done alone. Get it right smart guy. Interpretation is over. When she said that I said you should see it too that the world is vast and Fiore aren't the only talented guild. So you meant to taunt me by saying I can imagine new antagonists? Or did you just say that to be the mr knowitall that you pretend to be?

You talk like interpretation is your thing. If you knew anything about it you would have understood it in the Alvarez power ranking thread. Instead you make foolish excuses of how you answered questions. Did you really read the whole comment or were you simply naive to think you have more sense than others? Laughable
Actually, Natsu did go out of his way to look for opponents. Here was a guy going around saying that he was going around looking for opponents.

Would you get off your high horse? Here you are lecturing me on what I meant by my own statements?If I said "Of course you can always imagine Happy being the final villain" does that mean I'm saying "Of course Happy can be the final villain"? Learn the difference between these two. You keep going back to the Alvarez Power ranking thread as if you're making some kind of point. You're not. You made a very confusing post as if you were genuinely asking about power ranking, when in reality you wanted to rant about how you hated haxed powers. Don't blame me for posting a response about the power ranking in a power ranking thread.
 
Last edited:

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Actually, Natsu did go out of his way to look for opponents. Here was a guy going around saying that he was going around looking for opponents.

Would you get off your high horse? Here you are lecturing me on what I meant by my own statements? Seriously. Understand the difference between "Of course you can always imagine a scenario in which increasingly powerful opponents are introduced.
Oh my gosh. I just said he didn't go looking for opponents until the gmg to test it on. Thanks for posting it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Comprehension really isn't your thing huh?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oh my gosh. I just said he didn't go looking for opponents until the gmg to test it on. Thanks for posting it
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Comprehension really isn't your thing huh?
If a guy during the GMG commented about how Natsu was going around looking for opponents then Natsu was obviously looking for opponents before the GMG. You say my comprehension is bad.

My post was cut off. In any case, the fact that you're trying to argue with me about what I mean by my own statement is laughable.
 

reesestl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
631
Reaction score
393
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
I'm sure Aquarius would say that their world is vast. After-all, it's a planet. We say that about our own world, even though it's practically mapped. That doesn't mean there is a list of ever powerful opponents in that world. It just means Lucy has to search everywhere. Is there a potential for Mashima to write an arc about Lucy going to find Aquarius' key? Sure. Of course you can always imagine a scenario in which increasingly powerful opponents are introduced. However, this doesn't change the fact that the story so far has been building up towards Zeref and Acnologia. The history of the Fairy Tail world has been, more or less, shaped by these two characters. They make fitting final villains because of that, and an arc that deals with them both is likely to be the last one.

In the crunchyroll translation, Acnologia's words after killing Serena was literally "Only seven more now. I will wipe away all trace of dragons from this world". I don't know about you, but that implies to me that he wants to get rid of all traces of the dragons.
Acnologia could have killed them any time he wanted. Why didn't he? As Zeref surmises, because he was waiting for them to get stronger. Only at G Serena's power did he appear. I don't think there is any danger that suddenly he will try to all wipe out all DS.
This arc is about Zeref, Acnologia has a part in it. he may not deal with both of them in the same arc.
However, at the end, it really depends on how lazy or hard-working Mashima is though!! :)
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Oh boy. You either have superb memory or just looked it up. You know it's the second one. But hey if you think looking for opponents alone got him stronger and it makes you feel better, fine. I'll tell you this. Training for strength is not done with others only. That's skills being tested. They asked if he's the guy going around challenging others. It's a one year skip. Strength training first, fighting after. Even Gajeel told Rogue he won't beat him in one day. Basically telling him he's wasting his time. Because getting your ass whopped won't get you stronger.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Oh boy. You either have superb memory or just looked it up. You know it's the second one. But hey if you think looking for opponents alone got him stronger and it makes you feel better, fine. I'll tell you this. Training for strength is not done with others only. That's skills being tested. They asked if he's the guy going around challenging others. It's a one year skip. Strength training first, fighting after. Even Gajeel told Rogue he won't beat him in one day. Basically telling him he's wasting his time. Because getting your ass whopped won't get you stronger.
Who said anything about looking for opponents as the reason he got stronger. No. Natsu wanted to test his strength against strong opponents, so he actively sought them out. He didn't find anyone particularly impressive. Now, Lucy is going to go looking for keys not for strong opponents to fight. Why on earth would she pump into someone stronger than Zeref and Acnologia along the way? Assuming that's even a possibility, how could you have gotten that from the information Aquarius said? All Aquarius is really saying is that she has no idea where her keys are, and Lucy should find them.
 

Kiki

MIRAXUS FOREVER
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2015
Messages
9,668
Reaction score
31,984
Age
33
Gender
Male
Country
Fairy Tail
So after Natsulucy's post, I dont really see where this says that we're half way.
I just want to clarify. What I said and what he provided are different. I said DVD. He provided the afterwords in manga. Since I can't provide the link to prove what I said before and I just heard it from someone on tumblr, you can ignore it.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I'm blaming you for responding to my comment? That makes no sense. I mentioned your interpretation skills because obviously you wouldn't have replied everywhere I did right after mine trying to prove me wrong or redeem yourself. I don't know you but after that little talk you've been on my ass.
 

reesestl

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2015
Messages
631
Reaction score
393
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
u know its a story. there's enough room for future arcs and enough fans who would like that, thats the whole point.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Can you stop with Zeref and Acnologia already. Didn't I say they do seem like the strongest? And that if there were any other stronger it would be ankhseram?
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
I'm blaming you for responding to my comment? That makes no sense. I mentioned your interpretation skills because obviously you wouldn't have replied everywhere I did right after mine trying to prove me wrong or redeem yourself. I don't know you but after that little talk you've been on my ass.
What are you even talking about? I can care less about the power ranking thread. You are the one who feels the need to constantly bring it up. I'm making the point about why I believe this is the last arc of Fairy Tail, or close it.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What's your point then for showing the picture of Natsu testing his strength?
We literally were just talking about this...Didn't you say that Lucy was going to go on an adventure? Wasn't that adventure going to involve her coming across really strong opponents? I'm saying that if Natsu went out of his way to look for opponents and didn't really come across anyone outstanding, what reason do we have to believe that Lucy in her quest to find Aquarius' key is going to pop up against new strong challengers? Not only that, but challengers who wouldn't seem lack luster in light of the current villains in this arc?
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
What are you even talking about? I can care less about the power ranking thread. You are the one who feels the need to constantly bring it up. I'm making the point about why I believe this is the last arc of Fairy Tail, or close it.
Why do I keep bringing it up? Since then you've been on my ass in any thread I comment on. Get over it. You misunderstood and need to let it go
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
We literally were just talking about this...Didn't you say that Lucy was going to go on an adventure? Wasn't that adventure going to involve her coming across really strong opponents? I'm saying that if Natsu went out of his way to look for opponents and didn't really come across anyone outstanding, what reason do we have to believe that Lucy in her quest to find Aquarius' key is going to pop up against new strong challengers? Not only that, but challengers who wouldn't seem lack luster in light of the current villains in this arc?
Yes Lucy will go on an adventure if Mashima continues the manga. But I doubt Acno will be defeated this arc. Natsu went out looking for opponents, but I'm not sure he traveled overseas
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I mentioned dragon slayers from long ago who passed down there dsm teachings onto others. You shot it down with saying Acno kills anyone who uses dsm. But he never found Sting or Rogue. It's up to Mashima.
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
What threads have you been posting on other than this one and the Alvarez Power ranking thread?

Zeref is declaring war against Acnologia and Ishgar. Acnologia is going to make his statement at the dragon king's festival. I see both Zeref and Acnologia going down this arc. If Acnologia doesn't go down this arc, then pretty much the arc that follows it.
 

Firepower

Banned
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2015
Messages
433
Reaction score
285
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Ok. Can we end this with the two of us agreeing that we both have logical views and that you think it will end and I don't? There is no right or wrong answer. It just depends if Mashima wants to continue or not. And we don't know him personally and there's been no word if it will end or not. But I thought when an anime is ending, it's not kept secret like bleach and naruto. Correct me if I'm wrong
 

Axiomus

Mangahelper
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Joined
Jul 10, 2015
Messages
6,526
Reaction score
11,423
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Ok. Can we end this with the two of us agreeing that we both have logical views and that you think it will end and I don't? There is no right or wrong answer. It just depends if Mashima wants to continue or not. And we don't know him personally and there's been no word if it will end or not. But I thought when an anime is ending, it's not kept secret like bleach and naruto. Correct me if I'm wrong
Sure.

A series can end however the author likes it to end. There's a lot of series that don't announce the ending that far ahead. Even if Fairy Tail is to end this arc, we've likely still get 100 chapters or so with the rate the previous arcs were going. I don't think its so much about keeping things a secret as it is them just not bothering with telling us its about to end. Of course, Hiro always has the option of making a big announcement, but he doesn't have to.
 
Top