Discussion - Nurarihyon no Mago Ayakashi Hiroku (Official Character Data Book) | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion Nurarihyon no Mago Ayakashi Hiroku (Official Character Data Book)

Mysterious_Kaitou

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
EDIT: As the book is newly released and these scans are obviously incomplete, reply if you would like the scans and I will PM you the download link.

I am currently on hiatus because my O Levels are coming and it will only end on 15 November. I will not reply to anything because I'd be too busy studying. Please take note of this.

Some of you may have seen it on LiveJournal. I was planning to post here yesterday night, but I was too tired afterwards, so I'm posting this here now (:

I went to Kinokuniya today after school, and guess what? Just 7 days after the release, the Nurarihyon no Mago character book that I've been dying to read is out! So I obviously bought it, since it was the same price as Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Colore! artbook. (743 yen in Japan, SGD $17.90 by the time it reaches Kinokunya) and I am just so happy right now.

The best thing is that I found out that I share the same birthday as Tsurara. I'm really glad since she's one of my favourite characters :D

Contents of this book:
-A set of stickers XD
-Character profiles of the different groups (and that is a lot of characters :O) which include stuff like basic info that is in the cut and other things that I didn't include (due to my really mediocre Japanese and there is just so much text) which are special characteristics, personality, fear, and weapons. (in which megane is a kind of weapon too. No prize for guessing who)
-7 chapters in the order of Nura Group, 88 Kiyakou of the Four Kingdoms, Toono Village, Kyoto Demons, Keikain Clan, Kiyo Cross Squad and Shiibashi Group (aka Shiibashi-sensei and his assistants)
-A lot of lulzy sketches, some extras that explain various things, an interview with Shiibashi-sensei...and a personality quiz!

This post includes
-Various photos I took because my scanner isn't working at the moment. (stuff that I really want translations for such as the interview with Shiibashi-sensei and the personality quiz)
-Basic profiles of main characters and the Shiibashi Group because they deserve special mention for making this series possible.

Notes for photos:
-You can share them but please credit me when doing so.
-Click thumbnails to see full image.
-For those that require translation, please translate if you can do so.

*IMPORTANT: Please note that the stickers only come with the first press edition of this book. And probably a special piece of paper that has some stuff about the Kyoto Demons that is rather lulzy. I think that should be all, but my Japanese is very lousy to read anything more than how the stickers are first press edition exclusive.

All translations by imbrifer of LiveJournal and Sama_al_Azraq of MangaHelpers (:

Covers, backs, sides, stickers and posters
Cover:

Inside cover:

Inside back:

Front side:

Back side (with the emblems of the Nura group, 88 Kiyakou of the Four Kingdoms, Toono clan, Keikain clan, Kyoto demons and Kiyo Cross Squad from top to bottom):

12 stickers that come on a sheet:

A fold-out poster thing. I love this so much because there's Rikuocest and the poses are awesome~

The reverse side of the previous poster which is a coloured version of the content page.

Front side
Translation:
Karasu Ten'gu
Aah, everyone, good day.
I'm Nura group's overseer, Karasu Ten'gu.
I received a request from a certain editor in Ukiyoe town and serve as supervisor for "Ayakashi Hiroku", a book that can be said as the first yakuza youkai encyclopedia!
It will be a pleasant if yakuza youkai become well-known with this book.
But, it's too bad that the information I provided about my wife get omitted, so I think I'll insert it in this preface. Um. This is when Sanba-garasu born...(because it's too long, the rest is omitted)

Preface
As preface's replacement
-from Shiibashi Hiroshi-
Certain rumor inside Nura group
Youkai A : Do you know? When Kyoto was known as Imperial Capital, looks like a book called "Imperial Capital Youkai Distribution Map" was out
Youkai B : I have heard the rumor. I heard if you have it, even becoming master of Hyakkiyakou is no longer a dream
Youkai C : I heard it also have "Beautiful Female Youkai Guide" attached. I see, a man who can become a master must be having women falling over him
Youkai B : Oi, oi, you wait a second there. Now that's the guide I want to have
Youkai A : Too bad, it's a legendary book for it's self-published and there's only a few copies, I don't think you can get your hand on it
Youkai C : Mmm, is there nothing we can do?
Youkai A : Good question. Now, for all of you, youkai, I recommend you this book, "Nurarihyon no Mago Character Official Data Book Ayakashi Hiroku"! Data of all the characters appearing in "Nurarihyon no Mago" is all here
Youkai C : Ooh, from the first time it's serialized, "Nurarihyon no Mago" have an absurd number of characters, but now with this I can grasp all of them. Those people with youkai world's famous beautiful woman also included. What a great buy this is!
Youkai B : Hm, it will be on sale with volume 11 in bookshops all around the country. This is it, I am gonna definitely buy it as a set!
Youkai A : Me too
Youkai B : Me too
Youkai ABC : Everyone, let's buy it, Ayakashi Hiroku!!

Rikuo : Thanks for the ad, guys
Thank you for buying

How to read
How to read
[Editorial objective]In this book "Ayakashi Hiroku", "Nurarihyon no Mago" characters are divided into 6 groups and introduced with a chapter for each group. Each chapter have group introduction, character introduction, play project and Shiibashi Hiroshi-sensei drawn manga recorded. Also, it's compiled so you can search for the character in alphabetical order using index in the end of the book.

Organization Introduction page
1 Organization name
2 Basic Info
3 Headquarter
4 Organization composition, characteristic etc
※differ according to the organization
5 Leader (Head) Interview
The editor directly interview the top of each organization
Member (character) introduction page
1 Character name
2 Title
3 Association (Nura group only)
4 Basic info
Data is all based on each youkai and human (chara)'s statement
5 Ayakashi link (youkai only)
Main reference, source is written. What is written is like what is stated below
Reference list
・ "Takehara Shunsen Ehon Hyaku Monogatari -Tousanjin Yawa" Kokusho Kankoukai
・ "Toriyama Sekien Zuga Hyakkiyakou" series Kokusho Kankoukai
・ "Kyousai Hyakki Hyakkei" Kokusho Kankoukai
Others
・ "Nuramago" original
・ Tsukumogami
・ Folklore, ornament from (area, place name)
・ Honjo 7 Mysteries (Mysteries of Edo)
・ "Souma no Furudairi" (Utagawa Kuniyoshi)
※Each data in this book is basically until volume 11

Content page
Yakuza Youkai Distribution Map
More than 1000 years ago, youkai that live in Japan created organizations and made war for land in each area. They are called yakuza youkai and compete for the master of chimimouryou position. And now at Heisei era, yakuza youkai world once again will have an agitated era. This is a power distribution map that indicates it.

Controller of all Kantou yakuza youkai
Nura group
Chapter 1 page14-
Tokyo

Controller of all Shikoku yakuza youkai
Shikoku 88-ki yakou
Chapter 2 page88-
Shikoku

Controller of all militant faction in Touhoku
Oushuu Toono clan
Chapter 3 page 108-
Touhoku

Hagoromo Gitsune allied forces
Capital youkai
Chapter 4 page124-
Kyoto

Ashiya-lineage capital protector onmyouji
Keikain family
Chapter 5 page146-
Kyoto

Ukiyoe middle school
Kiyo cross mystery detective squad
Chapter 6 page172-
Tokyo

Information on Nura group
Chapter 1 Nura group
◆ Headquarter: Ukiyoe town (Tokyo)
◆ Youkai members number: about 10000
◆ Number of association: 70
This chapter will summarize info on "Nura group", a yakuza clan lead by Nurarihyon, master of chimimouryou. It also include important data of main member youkai.

Controller of all Kantou yakuza youkai
Nura group
Biggest faction in east Japan lead by master of chimimouryou
Yakuza youkai clan with master of chimimouryou, Nurarihyon, as the head, swear to be fearful to human, have the word "Fear (畏)" as it's symbol. It's issue is to rebuild the declining power in Heisei era.
(pic)
Headquarter: Ukiyoe town
Main house is located at Ukiyoe town. The town is Nura group territory, but right now, it's not fully under control.
Organization composition
Under supreme commander, configured of youkai that live in the main house who have position, and kashimoto (the person in charge of territory) serve as clan leader. Nura group general meeting held with these faces.
Supreme commander: Nurarihyon
Young head: Nura Rikuo
Overseer: Karasu Ten'gu
Councelor: Mokugyo Daruma (Dharma alliance)
Main clan leaders
◆ Gyuuki (Gyuuki group)
◆ Zen (Medicine men sect)
◆ Hihi (Kantou big monkey alliance)
◆ Hitotsume-nyuudou (One-eyed demon group)
◆ Oomukade (Centipede tribe)
◆ Mitsume Yazura (Three-eyed party)
◆ Asajigahara no Kijo (Kijo group)
◆ Mottainai obake (Obake group)
◆ Soroban-bou (Youkai merchant confederation)
and others
Rikuo faction
At the main house, a faction that acknowledges Rikuo and supports him as the 3rd candidate. Rikuo's hyakkiyakou, in Hagoromo Gitsune battle supports Rikuo as war potential. The uniformed symbol-haori is a symbol of the faction and only those acknowledged by Rikuo may wear it.
Leader interview
Nurarihyon
"It's about time I started retirement preparation"
- Looks like your grandson, Rikuo, will succeed as the 3rd
"It's the plan. Haa, it's really long way to get here. For how many hundreds times the meeting held...
- A long years dream will come true at last, is it
"Because for several years, the general meeting have zero approval (looking afar)"
- By the way, lately in Ukiyoe town area, eating-without-paying incidents happened one after another, do you know anything about it?
"..."
- Eh, he's gone!? Di, disappeared!!

Supreme commander's transition
Nura group's supreme commander for now based on hereditary. For three generation, succeeded by male from direct blood line of Nurarihyon. But the youkai's blood is certainly get thinner each generation.
(pic)Warring state - 1st - Nurarihyon
The 1st on a youkai hunt. To command his hyakkiyakou that getting bigger, he created Nura group.
(pic)Edo - 2nd - Nura Rihan
The 2nd who is half youkai. Died when Rikuo's a child. Great person responsible for the group's golden age.
(pic)Present - 3rd - Nura Rikuo
The 3rd is a quarter of youkai with human. Although there's still argument of those who for and against him becoming leader, he carry the rebuilding of the hyakkiyakou in his shoulder.

Main affiliate
Organizations under Nura group. There are 70 associations that exchanged sakazuki with supreme commander, but main house's authority only reaches for around 40 of them.
- Gyuuki group
◆ Headquarter: Mt Nejireme (Shiga prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 75
◆ Group leader: Gyuuki
◆ Young head: Gozumaru
◆ Young head's assistant: Mezumaru
A faction that embodied the emblem of osore (怵), deceive and manipulate human and ayakashi. In Nura group known as a militant faction.
(pic)Group leader Gyuuki
(pic)Headquarter Mt Nejireme
The base is at Mt Nejireme. After the subordinates placed to main house, Gyuuki lives here alone.
- Medicine men sect
◆ Headquarter: Yakuzen Hall (Kanagawa prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 34
◆ Group leader: Zen
◆ Special mention: Main building burned down at 20 Heisei (2009)
A sect favorable to the 3rd candidate, Rikuo. As the name states, an organization that specializes in medical treatment. Can also be said as Nura group's hospital.
(pic)Group leader Zen
(pic)Headquarter Yakuzen Hall
Burned down after subordinate's rebellion, but with the help of main house youkai, it gets rebuilded.
- Dharma alliance
◆ Headquarter: Choufu town (Tokyo-to)
◆ Member youkai: 48
◆ Chairman: Mokugyo Daruma
- Kantou big monkey alliance
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Yamanashi prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 300
◆ Chairman: Hihi
◆ Young head: Shouei
- 3-eyed party
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Chiba prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 318
◆ Head: Mitsume Yazura
- One-eyed demon group
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Saitama prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 701
◆ Group leader: Hitotsume-nyudou
- Obake group
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Tokyo-to)
◆ Member youkai: 809
◆ Chairman: Mottainai Obake
- Kijo group
◆ Headquarter: Asajigahara (Tokyo-to)
◆ Member youkai: 691
◆ Group leader: Asajigahara no Kijo
- Centipede tribe
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Saitama prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 66
◆ Chieftain: Oomukade
- Youkai merchant confederation
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Kanagawa prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 115
◆ Chairman: Soroban-bou
- Bakeneko group
◆ Headquarter: Ukiyoe town 1st street (Tokyo-to)
◆ Member youkai: 82
◆ Head: Ryoutaneko
- Yamanba group
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Yamanashi prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 65
◆ Leader: N/A
- Noppera group
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Tochigi prefecture)
◆ Member youkai: 55
◆ Leader: N/A
- Kyuuso group (expelled)
◆ Headquarter: Ukiyoe town 1st street (Tokyo-to)
◆ Member youkai: 45
◆ Group leader: Kyuuso
- Gagoze alliance (expelled)
◆ Headquarter: N/A (Tokyo-to)
◆ Member youkai: 25
◆ Chairman: Gagoze

Land god
In Nura group, beside yakuza youkai, there's also land gods who protect each area such as Kokehime or Sanba. As important income source, they gathered fear for Nura group and they protected by the group's power.
Land god representative: Kokehime-sama
"Land god is the very thing that become the foundation of youkai world"

True record - Nura group dispute history -the repeating bloody tragedy-
The emblem of fear (畏) painted by countless number of blood
More than 1000 years, youkai repeatedly fought with each other, among that, Nura group continues to grow it's power. Here, we will be looking back to main disputes that become turning point for the group.
(pic)Nurarihyon, summit war of youkai with Hagoromo Gitsune!!
Hagoromo Gitsune war 400 years ago, since winning this war Nura group developed remarkably.
Successor war in Heisei era!! Rikuo won all of them
(pic)vs Gagoze alliance
Gagoze alliance's plot for the 3rd position exposed. Rikuo who was awaken for the first time obliterated Gagoze alliance.
(pic)vs Kyuuso group
Kyuuso group attempted to usurp main house by taking Rikuo's friend hostage. Gyuuki was pulling the string from behind.
(pic)vs Gyuuki group
Rikuo beat the traitor, Gyuuki. But, it's actually devised to test his awakening.
(pic)All out war with New 88-ki yakkou!!
Nura group, fighting back with hyakkiyakou
Shikoku youkai lead by Inugami Gyoubu Tamazuki made an advance to Kantou. With hyakkiyakou, Nura group succeeded to repel them.
(pic)Hagoromo Gitsune's counterattack!! Capital fallen to the hand of ayakashi!!
The great youkai Hagoromo Gitsune achieved to reincarnate in Heisei era. After 400 years passed by, Nura group will collide once again with Hagoromo Gitsune in grandson, Rikuo's generation...!
(pic)
Form a common front with Keikain family!!
The dispute get more complicated...
Just as 400 years ago, ends up forming a common front with Keikain family onmyouji. But successive resurections of strong youkai force Nura group to a hard battle.

Notes for basic profiles:
-My Japanese standard = hiragana + katakana + reading kanji as Chinese characters.
-This is why I can list these basic profiles.
-For heights, especially those of a few main characters that are only thirteen years old, please note that the heights are actually not short in Japanese context even though 145-150+ cm may seem short to some of you. This being said, day!Rikuo is really short compared to night!Rikuo.
-There are like 104692057 characters in this series, so I can't finish typing them all. But if you want to see the basic profile of a certain character, just comment here and I'll type out the profile for you and update this post.
-The only rule to the above to request for a certain profile is to use the ~*magic*~ word. :D

Nura group
Nurarihyon
Supreme Commander
Main house
"I want to retire soon and live in comfort"
Basic info
Height: 143 cm
Weight: 40 kg
Birthday: 31 January
Belongings: Super gross candy, pipes (2)
Ayakashi link: "Toriyama Sekien Zuga Hyakkiyakou"
The Don of youkai who build Nura group
First supreme commander of Nura group who made his name well known as master of chimimouryou in Keichou era. Because of old age, he now act as acting leader. His wish of Rikuo's succession as the 3rd also seem to have prospect, put effort on his grandson education.
(pic)He wants his grandson to succeed as the 3rd. Even though he opposed in the top brass general meeting, he only think of Rikuo as his successor.
Personality
Nurarihyon who famous for his love for doing pranks is a youkai who goes to people's house as he wish and eats their meal. he can also be sensed normally by human.
(pic)Eat without paying
This is the essence of Nurarihyon! Even though he runaway after eating, he can get out of the shop without being found out with his youjutsu.
(pic)Freedom act
Because of his youkai characteristic, his action is extravagant. He even take a meal in enemy place, onmyouji's house! Is there nothing he afraid of...!?
(pic)Looong head
His head that elongated to the back is his characteristic. Long time ago, he supposed to have same hairstyle with Rikuo though...
Heart
As expected from someone who lead Hyakki, he have a mysterious charm that attract others. He isn't two-faced, his disposition is truly refined.
(pic)Stirring manliness
When doing something, his believe is to do it flashily. All of what he's doing reflect a good feel of it.
(pic)Darkness of loosing a son
The death of his son, Rihan, that still leaves a scar even now. For a long time, he do not even tell his grandson, Rikuo.
(pic)Affectionate feeling
To protect weak youkai, it'll be alright if he become invincible, a belief that only a strong, gentle person have.
Fear
System: Imaginary
Nurarihyon who makes sublimation of his true nature as embodiment of "imaginary" into technique. The basic is misleading enemy's awareness types technique, he esteem on elegance in the activation.
(pic)Shin-Meikyoushisui
Technique that frightens the enemy with overwhelmingly big "fear" so the enemy unable to senses his presence.
(pic)Shin-Kyoukasuigetsu
Technique that shift enemy's awareness and cuts "fear". Fights using self illusion as weapon.
Item
Majority of things usually used by Nurarihyon who often go to neighbor houses are borrowed goods from each places. Almost stolen goods...?
(pic)Pipe
One of the two pipe is borrowed from Youhime's father. He favor to use it since 400 years ago.
(pic)Granny Usami's candy
Confectionery that Nurarihyon always brought. Even though he said it gross, he always go to borrow it.
(pic)Katana
After he handed over Nenekirimaru to Rikuo, He uses cheap dull katana.
Sayings
(pic)"If you don't succeed as youkai supreme commander soon... I'll die"
Mischief doubtful words appealed to Rikuo by emphasized at his old body. But his grandson is cold...
{pic)As a compare is "sakura", beautiful... pure... fickle... Calms down the heart of those who see it"
Compare Youhime as "sakura" to seduce her. It's really like him who esteem on elegance to say those words.
Ancient time
"Youhime... be husband and wife with me"
Cool Nurarihyon in his younger days where he himself boast about it. The appearance really similar with night Rikuo. Have a past where from a love affair, he challenged a fight with the great youkai Hagoromo Gitsune.
(pic)The meeting with Youhime
Love at first sight when he went to a noble house to have a meal. Immediately hit on her.
(pic)Master of chimimouryou
Won against Hagoromo Gitsune who said as the strongest in Imperial that time. Even though he lost his heart, he received the title as master of chimimouryou.

Nura Rihan
Ex supreme commander
Main house
"He is a symbol, of human and youkai future..."
Basic info
Height: 181 cm
Weight: 73 kg
Birthday: 9 April
Belongings: N/A
Ayakashi link: "Nuramago" original
Half youkai master in Nura group at all its glory
Rikuo's father who born from youkai Nurarihyon and human Youhime. Lead notorious youkai as the 2nd, he build Nura group biggest power in history. But he died when Rikuo still a child.
(pic)Majority of the youkai joined Rihan's hyakkiyakou supports Nura group as framework for Rikuo's hyakkiyakou.
Family
Rihan who especially love his son Rikuo. He raised Rikuo with plan not to let him know of youkai yakuza world.
(pic)Inherit the blood lineage cursed by Hagoromo Gitsune
Nura family cursed to have the direct descent's blood line cut off by Hagoromo Gitsune. But mixed with human blood, mysteriously exempted from the curse.
Nura group three generation family tree
Nurarihyon blood lineage is inherited for generations by mating with human woman. Rihan also have Rikuo with Wakana.
To sever the ties continued for three generations of Nura family...!!
To avenge Rihan who killed by Hagoromo Gitsune, the son, Rikuo decided to go to Kyoto. Rikuo who challenged a total out war with Hagoromo Gitsune, the culprit behind Nura group decline, will Rikuo able to sever the ties that have continue for generations!?

Nura Rikuo
Young Head
Main house

"I'll live as a normal human!"
Human
Basic info
Height: 148 cm
Weight: 48 kg
Birthday: 23 September
Belongings: Handkerchief, doll, [How To Become A Fine Human] book.
(pic)Until elementary school, he adore his grandfather and was a lively boy who aims to be the supreme commander.

"All youkai, gather as hyakkiyakou behind me!"
Youkai
Basic info
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 66 kg
Birthday: 23 September
Belongings: Nurarihyon's pipe, deep crimson sakazuki
(pic)His youkai appearance trait is a sharp eye glint and long hair. Lead the hyakkiyakou with his big fear.

Nura group successor who share 1/4 of youkai's blood!!
Youkai quarter who share 1/4 of Nurarihyon's blood. Have two faces of human and youkai appearances. Born in yakuza youkai family, Nura group, but after knowing that youkai is evil, he chose to live as human. But after knowing the group stance of protecting weak youkai, he completely change and decided to succeed as young head and become the supreme commander, in-training.
Personality
Rikuo who only change into youkai in 1/4 of the day. The youkai and human do not only differ in appearance but also in character.
(pic)Day is "human", night is "youkai"
Basically he can only change into youkai at night, he repeatedly change between human and youkai.
(pic)With the more and more he awakens, even if it's not nighttime, he become able to transform if there is darkness.
(pic)Compensation of double life
In the beginning, he didn't have memory of his night form. That's made him feel an incomprehensible fatigue in the morning...
(pic)Mixture of character
The form in the middle of returning back from youkai to human. In the fight with Tamazuki, he surprised everyone around by unconsciously used "Kyoukasuigetsu" etc, this condition is still a mystery.
Heart
"He also one of my "true feeling""
Human
From his feeling not want to be found out that he's a youkai, he become polite and sensitive of what the other see him, but blunt for opposite sex feeling.
(pic)The target is becoming a splendid human
Riku who thinks that receive thanks from human = not found out that he's youkai, doing all the chore, although this looks wrong.
(pic)Gentle concern
Basically he gentle to human and youkai. Without any moment of delay, he offered chocolate to hungry Yura.
(pic)Strong responsibility and irritation
His self-awareness to protect the group as Nura group successor started to grow. In Shikoku battle, he tried to control the group as young head and forcing himself by keep working without sleep day or night.
Thought for night Rikuo
Mixed fear and adore
For night Rikuo, there's a side of day Rikuo who feel fear for his night self, but also adore him. After the night memory remains, there's also an instance where he tried to do "Meikyoushisui "Sakura"" in human form. Day Rikuo always has a feeling that he wants to surpass his night self.

"Leave the youkai to me"
Youkai
To manage hyakkiyakou where rough youkai gathered, his action is always bold and firm! But the heart that intends for coexistent of human and youkai, both are the same.
(pic)Truly honest
Night Rikuo's manner of speaking is straight forward! He openly invite Hakuzouzu of nemesis-Capital youkai to be an ally.
(pic)Thick yakuza moral code
Bow his head to Toono for being in their care. It's Rikuo's fashion to express gratitude to those who give him a favor.
(pic)Amanojaku...!?
Rikuo thrust Yura who wanted to say thanks down to the pond. Unexpectedly a shy person...?
Thought for day Rikuo
No interest on human?
Night Rikuo who acts in his own phase do not really care about his day self. When night comes, he goes out for a walk without caring of the fatigue in day time. Will the time that day and night perfectly understand each other come...?
Fear
System: Imaginary
Basically using the same fear as his grandfather, Nurarihyon. But because Rikuo's fear is still small, there's a wide difference in perfection. Acquisition method is nearly all learned by watching.
(pic)Meikyoushisui
Makes the enemy unaware of his existence and goes to enemy's blind spot. But of course, when his fear got cut off, there's nothing he can do.
(pic)Meikyoushisui "Sakura"
Special technique that burns out the target. The flame won't die out as long as the ripple inside the sakazuki hasn't stop.
(pic)Kyoukasuigetsu
Shifts enemy's awareness and cuts enemy's fear. Makes enemy drown on fear by confuses the enemy by showing illusion.
Technique
Jump kick handed down in Nura family. Probably caused by night Rikuo quick temper, he let out the kick at the same time he talk.
(pic)To Rikuo who said that he'll go to Kyoto recklessly,
Nurarihyon give him a kick! Looks like Nura family has specialty on kick technique.
Item
Even though day Rikuo doen't have bad eyesight he always wear glasses. As self-protection blade, he always bring Nenekirimaru.
(pic)Nenekirimaru
Exorcism blade that with yang power only kills youkai. Originally a goods made for human. Handed down from his grandfather.
(pic)Eyeglasses
Eyeglasses that he started to wear when he went to middle school. Item to appeal diligent personality?
(pic)Takimaru
Mere wood stick picked up at Toono's forest. Started to use in Toono village, since then he wears it in his side with Nenekirimaru.
Sakazuki
Rikuo officially exchanged sakazuki with main house's attendant and Zen, 7 of them. To make his own hyakkiyakou, he plans to add more after this.
5-5 sakazuki
Zen
7-3 sakazuki
Kubinashi, Yukionna, Jami, Kappa, Kurotabou, Aotabou

Yuki-onna (Tsurara)
Main house
"I must... protect young master!!"
Basic info
Height: 150 cm
Weight: Secret
Birthday: 11 January
Belongings: [Nu] handkerchief, crushed ice (in the summer)
With deep love, protects Rikuo!!
Rikuo's attendant who lives in the main house. Has served Rikuo she since was little. Serves from taking care of Rikuo's everyday necessities to escort. Exchanged sakazuki with Rikuo and become a member of his hyakkiyakou.
(pic)Yuki-onna who became a shield and protected Rikuo from Tamazuki's attack. Rikuo also believed on her and leave his back to her.
Personality
As her name says, she's a youkai that can freely manipulate cold air. Originally a youkai that lives in cold area, so she's weak to heat.
(pic)Eyes handed down from her mother
Probably a family's trait, Yuki-onna possess peculiar eyes. When she disguise as human, the eyes become normal black eyes.
(pic)Limit temperature is 40℃
When she reflectly hold Rikuo's hand who stayed in bed because of cold, she got defeated instead.
(pic)Exceptionally effective cold-keeping scarf
She always wear scarf to not let the cold air get away. Her trademark.
Fear
System: Ice
Yuki-onna attacks by creating blizzard or makes weapon from ice. Her strength is weak, but enough power to be an escort.
(pic)Noroi no Fubuki - Yukigeshou
Technique that freezes the enemy and breaks it. Easily defeated a Kyuuso group member that make light of her because she's a woman.
(pic)Noroi no Fubuki - Fuuseikakurei
Technique that create a strong blizzard and froze the enemy. Sealed Yosuzume's movement and shake off the darkness.
(pic)Noroi no Fubuki - Yukiyamagoroshi
Pours on cold air, and makes the target sleepy like when stranded in snowy mountain. Put Kana who noticed night Rikuo to sleep.
Heart
"I won't let young master faces danger"
Yuki-onna who prioritizes Rikuo above anything. Considerate, positive and cheerful, her only flaw is taking care Rikuo too much.
(pic)Worrywart
Really over-protective if it's about Rikuo. Because she has too much sense of responsibility, she cares about Rikuo more than herself and often put herself in danger because of that.
(pic)Strict at times
Yell at Rikuo who strike at Tamazuki by himself! She can't forgive Rikuo who act recklessly.
(pic)Scatterbrain
Got stuck when she tried to pass through "One-eyed cedar" in place of Rikuo. Her enthusiasm often ended fruitless.
Jealousy against love rival (!?)
Yuki-onna that swears allegiance to Rikuo a bit too extreme. Especially for night Rikuo, her feeling is more than trust , her heart isn't calm when there's another woman approaching him.
(pic)Glaring at Kejourou who glued to Rikuo when they met the escorts in crowded train.
(pic)Sparked against Kana who showed interest to night Rikuo! Silent cat fight...
Role
Oikawa Tsurara
"You'll troubled me if you go to school by yourself!"
Disguise as human at day, escorts powerless Rikuo. At night become one of his hyakkiyakou and defeat the enemies!
(pic)Escorts Rikuo as schoolmate!
She calls herself as Oikawa Tsurara when she appears as human, acts as Rikuo's classmate. Yura found out her true nature.
(pic)Prepares hand-made bentou everyday
She responsibles for general housework, but her cooking is basically cold. Just spare me from icy bentou...
Hate
Those who may put Rikuo in danger, all of them are her enemies. Youkai's natural enemy, onmyouji, also one...
(pic)Onmyouji
Against onmyouji who exterminate youkai as a living, she has an utmost awareness that onmyouji is hard to deal with. She became pale when she knew Yura's nature.
(pic)Gozumaru
She really hate Gozumaru who attacked Rikuo. The clash doesn't stop when Gozumaru put to main house.

Yuki-onna (Setsura)
Main house
"Oh my, just once won't do any harm, right?"
Basic info
Height: 153 cm
Birthday: 1 November
Tsurara's mother who serves supreme commander
Deeply respects and loves Nurarihyon who tie up the hyakkiyakou, continued to support the group as attendant from the creation of Nura group. At the final battle with Hagoromo Gitsune 400 years ago, had a death match with Ibaraki-douji.
(pic)Setsura who targets her beloved Nurarihyon's lips. But because the cold air can kill him, he always refuse it.
Heart
Although she appeals her passionate feeling to Nurarihyon, it's an unrequited love. There's also a side of her pure heart where she became reddened when called by her name in front of people.
(pic)Freeze those she doesn't like
When Karasu Ten'gu warned her for her abusive words to supreme commander, she let her anger to Karasu Ten'gu! When in a pinch, she'll solve it by freezing it.
(pic)Jealous to Youhime
Because she loves Nurarihyon, she doesn't like Youhime who suddenly appeared and stole his heart.

Aotabou
Main house
"If you want to boast about your strength, do it after you beat me"
Basic info
Height: 220 cm
Weight: 128 kg
Birthday: 23 July
Belongings: Motorbike gang uniform, bike
Assault commander with muscular body
One of Rikuo's attendant. A depraved monk wearing navy blue monk robe, has superhuman strength that able to pulverize youkai with one hit. Conceits as Nura group raid commander with Kurotabou, a militant who becomes vanguard and strikes to the middle of the enemies at battle.
(pic)He often makes a tag with another depraved monk as he is, Kurotabou, also often has a quarrel with him, but their relation are actually good.
Heart
"Leave it to assault commander Aotabou!!"
Have a definite confidence for his strength, love to be number one for everything. Simple and what he thought directly connected with his action.
(pic)Strong rivalry against Kurotabou
Eternal rival is Kurotabou. Competes for who defeat more enemies in battle, for women popularity at night shop. The winning streak is fifty-fifty...?
(pic)Super short tempered
Have a tendency to quickly destroy things around him when he's angry.
(pic)Generosity to protect enemy
To worry even for the enemy, as an ex-monk, he possess tolerance and kindness.
Aotabou's Rikuo love
Aotabou that continues to take care of Rikuo since his birth. His abnormal doting for Rikuo can't be taken lightly!!
(pic)Transformed into an elementary school student, even though his appearance unsuitable to be one, to nominate himself as Rikuo's escort candidate. Nobody can match his seriousness.
Fear
System: Strength
By using hyou'i to put fear into his body and strengthen it, he able to display an immense strength. Activation requirement is releasing the string of beads.
(pic)Gourikireisan
Destruction power big enough to sunk Tearai-oni giant body into the ground just with one hit! But of course it gives burden to his body.
Item
The beads he wears in his neck is to restrain his own power. Expression of his feeling to adapt with human world.
(pic)Skull beads
Beads accessory responsible to restrain his power. When he activates his fear, the skulls float in the air and surround the enemy.
Activity
Kurata
"I want to protect young master by his side"
To escort Rikuo, he goes to Ukiyoe middle school as Kurata. As human, joins various activity.
(pic)Team Hyakkiyakou
From a course of event, he became a motor bike gang leader. Trust from his comrades is tremendous.
(pic)Kiyo Cross Supernatural Investigation Squad
Following Rikuo, he joins Kiyo Cross Squad. At times protects the squad members from youkai.

Kurotabou
Main house
"My swords only taste of blood"
Basic info
Height: 195 cm
Weight: 83 kg
Birthday: 13 December
Belongings: New book: [Best Ways not to be Mistaken for a Pervert (A Chikan)]
Hidden weapon depraved monk who hides a lot of weapon!!
Main house' youkai, a depraved monk that wears black monk robe and a conical hat. Specializes on attacks using hidden weapon. Just like Aotabou, claims to be Nura group raid commander.
(pic)Kurotabou is basically cool. Against youkai who oppose Nura group, he shows his cool-headedness by completely obliterate it.
Heart
"Isn't this a proof that Nura group's influence getting larger again"
If it's for Nura group or Rikuo he Will give his all no matter what, but often his wilingness turn fruitless and failed. Against human, he only shows small interest.
(pic)Concern for Nura group's future
He concerned for Rikuo who only can become youkai at night and has weak spirit because he still a child. As one of his attendant, always worry about Rikuo and want to be his strength.
(pic)Dilligent but airhead!?
His absolute confidence for his looks and power sometimes makes him do ridiculous speech and conduct.
(pic)Nature of holding grudge
Gets angry when he remembers the severly mischieves he got from Rikuo. Unexpectedly childish-side...
Fear
System: Hidden Weapon
Protrudes lots of hidden weapons from his monk robe's sleeve and minces the enemy. It's said that there are 200 hidden weapons, diverse from sword, sickle and chain, shuriken etc.
(pic)Anki Kuro-enbu
Said to be cunning for his surprise attack strategy... But for Kurotabou whose called as hidden weapon depraved monk, it's the best compliment.
Misfortune
Kurotabou who mysteriously has never-ceasing trouble with women. Because he himself has no bad intention, makes him collide with the opponent and unnecessarily makes the problems get complicated.
(pic)Mistaken as molester
When he escorted Rikuo, by mistake he touched Torii's body inside a train. Fussed as molester and met a difficult situation.
(pic)Mistake gender that turned into disaster!
Grabbed Awashima's collar when became a woman and got punched! Since that, Awashima calls him "Erotabou" as pet name (?).
Transformation
When he escorts Rikuo, transforms into human. To make him not too conspicuous, turned his height to match human's size into about 175 cm.
(pic)Handsome(!?) bussinessman
Kurotabou who transformed into suit-wearing bussinessman. In a bliss of his own cool appearance!
Face
Kurotabou who evaluated as handsome in youkai world. Popular within females, popular whereever he goes.
(pic)Youkai's number 1, 2 good looking guy contender.
Always monopolize the girls' popularity when he goes to night shop! Looks fairly pleased when get wooed.

Kubinashi
Main house
"You're... not the only one who just fights with his head"
Basic info
Height: 168 cm
Weight: 62 kg
Birthday: 15 June
Belongings: Cat's cradle string, scarf collection
Rokuro-kubi youkai who mainly devotes his loyalty!!
Of the nukekubi who has head and body detached, as Rikuo's attendant he works as escort etc. Entered the group in Rihan's era, and now after his death succeed his dying will preciously. Among the group, he especially has deep relationship with Kejourou.
(pic)Believes in Rikuo, the keepsake of the 2nd who he indebted to, he exchanged sakazuki to show his loyalty.
Heart
As the other attendants, prioritizes Rikuo. Has serious personality, and because his worry for Rikuo, often give him warning.
(pic)Gentleness and strictness
Basically gentle to Rikuo and women. But because of his serious personality, he isn't going easy to those who disturb order.
(pic)Hardworking
Taking initiative to serve and take care Rikuo who got cold etc, gives steady and detailed attentiveness.
(pic)Soft on women
Kubinashi always going easy against women even if it's enemy. Makes Kejourou dumbfounded by it.
Fear
System: Thread
Kubinashi's fear is using the thread he always bring with him, Kokugen. By using hyou'i on Kokugen, he makes it as hard as chain and unleash various attacks with it. The surface becomes sharp rasp-state.
(pic)Genjutsu "Ayatori" Kusarigumo
Streches Kokugen around like spider web, prevent the enemy from escaping and at the same time hangs up enemy's neck.
Item
Kokugen that made by knitting Jorougumo's web and Kejourou's hair is Kubinashi's only weapon. He always bring it with him, beside using it for attacks, he also uses it in peaceful ordinary life.
(pic)Kokugen
Have restrain peculiarity from Jorougumo's and sticky peculiarity from Kejorou's, the string won't let it's captured victim escape. When fear activated, turns into thick rope-state.
(pic)Example of use 1 Ponytail braid
Kokugen also has this kind of humorous way of use!? In a middle of tension battle, he arranged Hari-onna's hair into ponytail with Kokugen.
(pic)Example of use 2 Cat's cradle
Kubinashi doing cat's cradle when he has nothing to do. He also use it for cat's cradle in daily life, such as teaching cat's cradle to child Rikuo.
Shadow double
There is also time when he became Rikuo's double because he has close outter appearance with Rikuo. He even changed his height to match with Rikuo.
(pic)Escort Rikuo by becoming substitute
Hide his neck with scarf, he disguised himself as human Rikuo. His act is so perfect that even Yuki-onna mistaken him.
Popular name
Before entering Nura group, he was a youkai with well-known dangerous second name. There's only few that know Kubinashi at that time.
(pic)Joushuu no Gensatsushi Kubinashi
It seems Kubinashi's second name is kinda popular in youkai world. Toono's Amezou was excited to be able to meet the person.

Kappa
Main house
"Heh, and I thought I will be useless again because there's no water"
Basic info
Height: 135 cm
Birthday: 30 October
Belongings: MP3 player, high-end headphones, sci-fi magazines
Rikuo's direct underling who can freely manipulate water!!
Water controlling youkai, one of hyakkiyakou members who exchanged sakazuki with Rikuo. Usually stays in Nura group's garden pond, but at times he goes to school as Rikuo's bodyguard. Although he has small figure, he's a really strong fighter.
(pic)Is it for breakfast, every morning Rikuo gives him his favorite cucumber.
Heart
Among Nura group where there are lots hot-blooded youkai, he always on his own phase and keep an aloof attitude. But at times of battle, he shows an active role using his composure.
(pic)Trembling with fear of media investigation
Probably seen by human now and then, there are times he appears in urban legend news article. A little weary for the penalty...
(pic)Interested on human
While escorting Rikuo, he has a hobby of human watching. As he has small interest on himself, it turns to makes him anxious about other?
(pic)Nor really care about trivial thing personality
Should it said as placid... his personality is better said as thoughtless. He doesn't even obsessive of if he has a name or not. We can say, it make us sense his tolerance(?).
Fear
System: Water
Kappa who shows unequaled strength around water. At the battle with Shikoku youkai, he defeated another youkai who also manipulate water, Gangi-kozou, in one-hit.
(pic)Kappa Ninpou Hiden Mizuchidama
Attacks using water-ball created with ninja arts! Size changes according to creation time.
Transformation
To escort Rikuo, disguise as human and sneak into school. Looks like he can't make his webbed finger dissapear.
(pic)Dish above his head changes into something else!?
As might have been expected, the dish above his head will makes him stand out, so he changes it to headphone. The dish is actually not that important?

Kejourou
Main house
"I brought you tea"
Basic info
Height: 164 cm
Weight: 49 kg
Birthday: 19 July
Belongings: Perfume, bodycream
Main house caretaker big-breasted beauty!!
Member of Rikuo's hyakkiyakou. Freely manipulate her long hair, she attacks and constrict enemy with it. Has a troublesome personality of binding the person she likes, her nature also appears in her ability.
(pic)Kejourou specialize in long-range attack using her long hair. In battle, she dealt with mouse that she hates without getting close to it.
Outfit
Kejourou who has great body style and looks that attracts people's eyes. She wears Japanese clothes in Nura group, but when she's going out, looks like she also prefer clothes with high exposure degree.
(pic)Female doctor
It will be pushing it too much to disguise as a student, so as a sexy school clinic doctor it is.
(pic)Dress
Disguises and escorts Rikuo in commuter train. Her appearance is like a gaudy big sister working in nightlife bussiness.
(pic)Kimono
In the past she also wear gorgeous kimono like a courtesan...
Partner
Has connection with Kubinashi since Edo era, even when turned into youkai often fought by making a combination with him.
(pic)Common front with Kubinashi
A battle style with no breach in offence and defence. Kejourou's hair also material for Kubinashi's string.
Specialty
Has unexpectedly familial side such as being in the kitchen in Nura group. Looks like domestic chores is her expertise field.
(pic)Among Nura group she is number 1 heavy drinker
Considerably heavy drinker. When they held a banquet to celebrate Rikuo's re-awaken, she's secretly the one who consumed sake the most.

Karasu Ten'gu
Overseer
Main house
"When will Rikuo-sama succeed as the 3rd..."
Basic info
Height: 38 cm
Weight: 3 kg
Birthday: 17 May
Belongings: Personal computer, cellphone
Ayakashi link: "Kyousai Youkai Hyakkei"
Hard worker who efforts to rebuild Nura group
Karasu Ten'gu, a youkai that wears mountaineering ascetic's clothes and has beak and black wings. Among Nura group, a headclerk existence who protects the group's order, also the one who responsible for Rikuo's education. Has battle history in the past, but in the present he leaves practical works to his three children while he concentrated as commander.
(pic)Although his figure is small, he is strong enough to lift Rikuo. He's scolding Rikuo is because he wants Rikuo to be a great 3rd.
Heart
Often swinged around by Rikuo's speech and conduct, but he will never allow things out of Nura group's moral code. Also, he has a vast knowledge and knows very well about the forces of yakuza youkai spread around the country.
(pic)Always uneasy because of Rikuo's speech and conduct
Enraged for Rikuo's declaration of not succeeding as the 3rd. Unable to put his mind of ease because of the acts of both the supreme commander and Rikuo.
(pic)Living youkai dictionary
Grasps all Nura group's kashimoto and member. Knows very well about youkai and valued as fountain of wisdom.
Item
Cellphones are registered on Nura group's corporate name and used to gather information. He also can handle note pc.
(pic)Cellphone for communication
Cellphone is fold up type. Uses it in manner mode and like a man does not put a strap.
Ancient past
Karasu Ten'gu plays an active role as group's regulator, but 400 years ago as a fighter he fought with risking his life.
(pic)He also fought in the frontline in the past...
Karasu Ten'gu exchanged blade with Hagoromo Gitsune's follower, Kyoukotsu. Compared to now, a tightened body and cool!

Sanbagarasu
Main house

Kuroumaru
"Did you call, young head?"
Basic info
Height: 173 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Birthday: 31 August
Belongings: Whistle, report memo book
(pic)Oldest son. Patrolling Ukiyoe town is his daily routine, has really dilligent personality. Lacks flexibility.

Tosakamaru
"Is it unknown enemy force?"
Basic info
Height: 178 cm
Weight: 68 kg
Belongings: Surfing magazine
(pic)Second son has cockscomb as his trademark. Already has this hairstyle from birth.

Sasami
"No need to tell you anything, this is Nura group's teritory"
Basic info
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 56 kg
Belongings: Whip, bunko: [Suggestion for Name Change]
(pic)Eldest daughter who wears eyeglasses. Clearheaded. Battle using khakkhara and whip is her specialty.

Nura group's spies who search for enemy's weakness
Karasu Ten'gu's child three siblings. In Nura group responsible to investigate the enemy as intelligence. Often act together as a trio and battling using combination of three of them is their specialty. Play active roles such as when they decided to help out Gozumaru and Mezumaru when both of them captured by Tamazuki.
(pic)Karasu Ten'gu calls his children to search for who killed Hihi. Father and children not really look alike, maybe they will become like this when they get old?
Trinity attack!!
(pic)Attacks unleashed in the same time by the three while flying down. Defeat the enemy without giving the chance to counter!
Personality
Have human and youkai form. When they fight they turn into a form like Karasu Ten'gu. In their original form, their battle power get several times higher.
(pic)Have human and youkai form!
Three of them can instantly transform. In this appearance that close to crow, they speak with old style language and become severe.

Nattou-kozou
Main house
"Hen, how about it, are you frightened?"
Basic info
Height: 40 cm
Weight: 4 kg
Birthday: 16 October
Belongings: Soy sauce, soybean
Small-figured humorous youkai
Senior youkai with straw and nattou head. Releases intense smell, so people who hate nattou won't be able to stand it. Also accompany supreme commander.
(pic)Loves pun? Small youkai, but hurled defiance flashily. His spirit is hotter than other!
Company
Nattou-kozou often hang out with Ko'oni, 3 no kuchi etc. They frequently play igo or held a banquet.
(pic)3 no kuchi
Small youkai. Call name comes from the moth that similar to 3.
(pic)Toufu-kozou
One-eyed youkai. As Rikuo faction also go to Kyoto.
(pic)Ko'oni
An oni that lives in Nura group since long time ago. Likes sake and often drunk. He also accompanied Rikuo playing hide-and-seek.

Jami
Main house
"My regret from unable to protect that person makes me... wandering..."
Basic info
Height: 203 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Birthday: 27 October
Belongings: Suganuma family tree memo, "Fear" haori
Ayakashi link: "Toriyama Sekien ZugaHyakkiyakou"
Stay loyal even after his master death!
Youkai created from someone who hated by others. Because of his regret for unable to protected his master, Sadamori, creates a wandering ghost turmoil.
(pic)Jami when he's human. Drown to death in dungeon because of tsunami and turned into youkai.

Vessel youkai serving main house
In Nura group, there are ship or vehicle used for far traveling. They are not tools, all of them are living things called as vessel youkai. They'll appear when supreme commander commands them.
(pic)Oboroguruma
Flying oxchart-model youkai with oni's face attached in it's front. Main house usually use this.
(pic)Takarabune
Nura group's special, Strategic Sky Youkai Fortress. Has self-regeneration ability, even if it gets greatly damaged it will repairs itself when it rests.
(pic)Kobanbune
Vessel youkai that create a formation with Takarabune. There are a numbers of them, fly in the sky by moving the fans.

Youhime
Main house
"It will be allright, I will definetely heal you"
Basic info
Height: 151 cm
Weight: 42 kg
Birthday: 10 March
Belongings: Hairpin, sakura-patterned kimono
A noble daughter who possess healing power
Rikuo's grandmother. Kyoto's most beautiful woman, has power to heal illness. To protect her from youkai with "Ikigimo belief", always stay inside the house.
(pic)Her father immersed in money-making using Youhime's divine power. Youhime can not speak prankly about her painful feeling.
Ability
Only by hold her hand out of one's head, she can heal any illness. External wound like sword cut also cured instantly.
(pic)Healing hand that heal people fainted of sickness
Youhime cured a strange disease where spots appeared all-around the body. The speck disappeared by aura comes out of her hand.
Love
Nurarihyon that sneak in to her house fall in love for her in the first sight. While confused, Youhime starts to open her heart.
(pic)First love is Nurarihyon
Nurarihyon who forcefully bring Youhime out to town. His gentleness and daring act made her fall for him.

Nura Wakana
Main house
"Everyone, what's wrong?"
Basic info
Height: 155 cm
Weight: 45 kg
Birthday: 28 Nopember
Belongings: MY kitchen knife, MY fry pan
Rikuo's mother who looks after everyone at Nura group
Rikuo's mother and take care of everyone's meal. Has a past of her husband, Rihan, murdered, but she has cheerful personality and innocence.
(pic)In the day to decide whether Rikuo can be young head or not, different with everyone who got tense, she has an ultra positive way of thinking.

Mokugyo Daruma
Councellor
Dharma alliance
"You... do you understand the meaning of Nura group's "Fear (畏)" emblem?"
Basic info
Height: 182 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Birthday: 8 January
Belongings: New book: [How to skillfuly manage subordinate]
Nura group's advisor
A mokugyo-shaped head kashimoto but lives in the main house. In the past fought with capital youkai Shoukera.
(pic)He was opposing Rikuo becoming the 3rd, but now he watches over his growth.

Gyuuki
Clan leader
Gyuuki group
"If you want to be supreme commander, than surpass me"
Basic info
Height: 185 cm
Birthday: 6 December
Belongings: Self-published autobiography: [The Nura Clan I Loved]
Nura group's leadin figure who tests Rikuo's nature
Gyuuki group's group leader and Nura group's clan leader. Umewakamaru who defeated human devouring youkai, Gyuuki, turned into demon and named himself "Gyuuki" since. At first he sceptical about Rikuo becoming the 3rd, but later he acknowledges his capacity and bears the responsibility to teach Rikuo "Fear" and "Waza" needed as a supreme commander.
(pic)Mt Nejireme that known for it's Gyuuki legend. In it's peak, resides Gyuuki's mansion, Gozumaru and Mezumaru originally also live here.
Heart
Clear-headed and prudent that said as "cow's walking". But inside his heart, he helds an emotional feeling for Nura group's rebuild, and he will take any means to achieve that goal.
(pic)Calm composure
Even in leader meeting, he keeps his opinion low. He takes caution by expressing his thought after seeing the other's positions first.
(pic)Tactician!
While he has a cautious side, in the other side, he makes scheme strategems behind the screen, to test Rikuo's capacity he places himself as his enemy.
(pic)Studious person
Reading book is his daily routine since he was human. Inside the room, numerous scrolls are stored.
Treason because of love
Gyuuki who can't stand the decline of Nura group that flourished in the past, he bet his life and plan treason. All of it because he thinks of Nura group's future.
(pic)Gyuuki who was a human also someone who can understand Rikuo. With a forceful way, he tried to make Rikuo throw away his human part by trying to kill him.
(pic)Because he knows Nurarihyon's "fear", he can't stand Nura group's decline.
Fear
System: Hallucination
Gyuuki group who raises the "fear (怵)" emblem specializes in skill for deceiving human. For Gyuuki, he uses fear to show enemy hallucination. When he slash his katana, people defeated by the enemy will appear one after another and makes the enemy lost will to fight.
(pic)Shows death people illusion to the enemy!
When Gyuuki thrusts his katana to Rikuo's throat, his youki flows and Gagoze and other people defeated in the past appear as hallucination.
(pic) Zen ex-subordinate, Hebidayuu. Appearance and way of talk is like the very thing itself.
(pic) Gyuuki can also make the hallucination says what he thinks.
Sayings
(pic)"Why won't you let me die... I can't face Gozu and Mezu either now..."
The words he said when he tried to commit suicide to take responsibility for the treason and stopped by Rikuo. A word that make us can feel his high pride.
(pic)"But, that's what makes thing interesting!!"
Dialog said in the battle with Hagoromo Gitsune. Express his stance that it's not for loss-and-gain or reason, but he purely gives his all for Nurarihyon's sake.
Ancient past
To mourn for his mother and pray so she will happy in her next life, he attacked human and offered the corpses. One day, he lost against Nurarihyon's hyakkiyakou and became his comrade.
(pic)Meeting with Nurarihyon
Loosing Gyuuki have prepared for being decapitated. But Nurarihyon interested in Gyuuki and they exchanged sworn brother sakazuki.
(pic)Gyuuki in his younger days
Gyuuki tried to stop Nurarihyon who wanted to challenge Hagoromo Gitsune. That time, he spoke his opinion progressively.
(pic)The battle with Hagoromo Gitsune force
400 years ago he fought Ootengu of Mt Kurama. An old acquintance, already associated with him since he was Umewakamaru.
From human to ayakashi
Umewakamaru separated with his mother and entered a temple at Mt Hiei at 7 years old. When he's 13 years old, saw his mother devoured by youkai Gyuuki and he fallen to madou.
(pic)Umewakamaru
Gyuuki when he was human. Enter priesthood to mourn for his father's death.
(pic)Umewakamaru entered Gyuuki's body and took out his mother's corpse, turned into youkai.

Gozumaru
Gyuuki group
"Gyuuki group is emblem of "Fear(怵) who manipulate, delude, draw in and kill human"
Basic info
Height: 162 cm
Weight: 58 kg
Birthday: 28 June
Belongings: Japanese sword, dried gingko
Millitant youkai that supports Gyuuki group.
Gyuuki group's successor candidate. Cool-headed and looks down on other youkai outside Gyuuki group. Acs as a combi with Mezumaru, using katana named "Tsume (claw)", he beats down his enemy with force. Serves Gyuuki from childhood with Mezumaru, from his respect to Gyuuki will follow all of his order.
(pic)His traits are hide his left part of his face with hair and scarf. Has great confidence of himself that he fought the young head's force only with Mezumaru.
Heart
He has a side of thinking things with cool head but when it comes to fight he often becomes hot-blooded. Because he overestimes his strength, there are times he got trapped by enemy. Hobby is teasing Mezumaru?
(pic)Good relation with Mezumaru
The two always together. Good partner that complements each other's weakness.
(pic)No mercy against weakling
Hates weakling, a scary person that not even have mercy to woman. In battle too he will never give symphaty.
Fear
System: Bewitchery
As a type of youkai gyuuki, he has skill to changes his body part and delude enemy. Basic style is finishes the enemy with Gozuinmasou after concealed enemy's movement with curse words.
(pic)By chanting suspicious spell he can control the enemy.
(pic)Gozuinmasou
Gozumaru's special move that shows youkai gyuuki's real nature. Giant claws come out from his back will tear enemy into pieces!

Mezumaru
Gyuuki group
"You can also use without killing"
Basic info
Height: 162 cm (including the horse skull)
Weight: 51 kg
Birthday: 25 February
Belongings: Pinwheel, take-tonbo (bamboo dragonfly, a Japanese toy)
Gyuuki group's young head's assistant. Among Gyuuki group, specializes in controlling others. With Gozumaru executes Gyuuki's order. Lead Ushioni army to attack Rikuo's friend but captured by Sanbagarasu that come rushing.After that, lives in Nura group's main house.
(pic)Usually become support for Gozumaru who fights in frontline. His speech and conduct is innocence but his thought is cruel.
Personality
He always wears horse's skull, but his face is surprisingly cute. Has simple character and docile side to immediately believe what other's said.
(pic)Horse's skull
Hide his face with a creepy horse's skull. Although he will take it off when he slee.
(pic)Specialty is disguise as woman!?
There are times when he disguise as woman to deceive enemy. Probably he usually hide his face because embarassed of his woman face?
Fear
System: Manipulation
Even though his outward appearance and speech and conduct are childish, Mezumaru is splendidly a youkai. He chooses to fight by manipulating the enemy and by leading youkai Ushioni army than by attacking directly himself. A fitting fear for Gyuuki group who specializes on deluding and deceiving human.
(pic)Freely control human's heart and body
A skill to control opponent as he likes with thread. When the thread cut off, the target's memory when he was controlled will be gone.
(pic)Ushioni army
A group of powerful youkai that moves as Mezumaru's limbs. They have individual names such as Negoro and Uwajima.

Zen
Clan leader
Medicene men sect
"I'll follow you, because I... have exchanged sakazuki with you"
Basic info
Height: 177 cm
Weight: 64 kg
Birthday: 12 August
Belongings: Set of medical implements, Yakuzen Hall fliers
Ayakashi link: Chinese folklore
Rikuo's sworn brother who lead Medicine men sect. Bird youkai with poisonous wings. His body is weak and not good in battle, but he specializes in medicine's handling and responsible for healing group member wounded in battle. Knows Rikuo since a child, thought of works as his right-hand man as his life purpose. There's still a lot of secret on his poison wing's fear.
(pic)Zen cheered Rikuo who lament that he doesn't have enough leadership. Someone who understands Rikuo the most.
Personality
Zen has a strong venom that said something dipped with his feather will inflame internal organs and lead to death. But because of the strong poison he has short life span. Knowledge about medicine and poison is number one amongst Nura group.
(pic)Has poison feather
When he takes off his haori, there's ominous black poison feather, when he enraged he attacks by flies it.
(pic)Youkai doctor
Expert on medicine that named as Medicine men sect. Manages a hospital called Yakuzen Hall, it's rare as youkai to pile up good deed.
(pic)Weak physical constitution
Immediately coughes violently and vomits blood. When he heard that Nenekirimaru handed over to Oitekebori, he gave big blood vomit because of shocked.
Heart
Straight ahead type personality, when you think he shows a gentle face then suddenly he gets angry. Has a really busy expressions.
(pic)Intense different in degrees
He showed a gentle expression to Rikuo but then angry with an evil look to someone who impolite to him.
Company
Zen's subordinate, Hebidayuu. When he realized that Zen's life is not too long anymore, he schemed Zen's erasure.
Hebidayuu
"Loyalty...? What's that..."
Basic info
Height: 123 cm
Weight: 35 kg
Birthday: 21 November
Belongings: Bunko: [Retainer supplanting his lord]
(pic)Ex-subordinate
Snake faced youkai. When he fights, from his neck up turns into real snake and leaps.

Ryoutaneko
Bakeneko group
"You're wrong!! Young master!!"
Basic info
Birthday: 23 November
Belongings: Catnip sake, Hyakki hanafuda
A gambler resides in Ukiyoe town from long time ago.
Group leader of Bakeneko group that has Ukiyoe town 1st street as it's teritory. When Nura group came to the land, they joined under it's wing and received ruling right for the street. A weak youkai in fighting but has a confidence that nobody can defeat him in gamble.
(pic)He's a gambler, but he will never do bad deed like attacking human. His pride about Nura group is bigger than other!
Personality
An old nekomata with big ears and calico cat patterned face traits. His dotera and bandanna attire is nowaday's style. Easyly gets hot when it comes to gamble.
(pic)Loves gamble
Youkai pic's patterned Hyakki hanafuda that competes to sort winning combinations is the one he specially strong at.
(pic)Cat pootprints bandanna
Wears bandanna with cat's footprint. Bakenekoya uniform?
Shop
Bakeneko group manages a restaurant in Bakeneko alley that gives freepass to youkai. The main is Japanese food and fulfilled with sake.
(pic)Bakenekoya
Japanese style tavern specializes for youkai where Rikuo often go to. Bakeneko group members will serves the customers cheerfully. It's always fully occupied by youkai guest.
(pic)In the shop, good looking guys will service you. You can enjoy games like hanafuda or folding fan throw to get points while drinking catnip cocktail.
(pic)Saburouneko
Bakeneko group
Bakenekoya shop employee. An amiable guy but got cut off by Shikoku youkai, Muchi.

Shouei
Kantou big monkey alliance
"Stand up when your friend killed!! Isn't that... youkai's moral code!?"
Basic info
Height: 225 cm
Weight: 108 kg
Birthday: 25 April
Belongings: Hooded parka, father's memento
The 2nd of Kantou big monket alliance
Son of Nura group's clan leader, Hihi, and the 2nd of Kantou big monkey alliance. Comes to main house to avenge his father that killed by Shikoku youkai. Differents with his father who sweared allegiance to Nura group, Shoei's trust to Rikuo is not fix. That feeling can be seen somehow in Kyoto.
(pic)Shouei who stopped fallen Takarabune in his youkai form in journey to Kyoto. The mask probably memento of his father.
Personality
Shouei is a big monkey youkai, but he wears a modern style outfit like parka and jeans. His height overwhelms anyone.
(pic)Height
Taller than Hitotsume-nyudou, overwhelming just by standing.
(pic)Hood and katana
Similar to Hihi who hides his face with mask, Shouei also covers his face with hood. For Weapon, he uses cloth-rolled youki enveloped long katana.
Parent
His parent, Hihi, was a clan leader with long battle history. But he got killed by Tamazuki's subordinate, Muchi.
(pic)Foe is Tamazuki
Shouei bites his lips and shows sadness for his father death. This anger won't cool down until he defeat Tamazuki.
Hihi
Kantou big monkey alliance
"Kyahaha, isn't this fun"
Basic info
Height: 225 cm
Weight: 114 kg
Birthday: 8 July
Belongings: Mask, lots of ribbon
(pic)His face under the Noh mask is feminime. A big youkai but ended in misery.

Hitotsume-nyudou
Clan leader
One-eyed demon group
"Like I would let someone like him becomes the 3rd!"
Basic info
Height: 200 cm
Weight: 88 kg
Birthday: 24 March
Belongings: Kokehime's old photo
Ayakashi link: Folkrores from various area
One of the clan leader that hold doubt about Rikuo's power
Youkai with big eyeball and chonmage hairstyle. One of the clan leader, take opposing stand against Rikuo becoming the 3rd from the start. After getting old he becomes coward and his head full of how to protect himself.
(pic)Enraged knowing Rikuo settled the battle with Tamazuki without getting any loss. Always being critical for what Rikuo say or do.
Item
A heavy smoker, never let go of his pipe. He even have a pipe in his mouth in the middle of general meeting and battle.
(pic)Favorite pipe
Unknown if it has distingushe history or not. In Nura group, like Rikuo, there are alot of youkai who like to use pipe.
Ancient past
As Nurarihyon's hyakkiyakou, fought Hagoromo Gitsune force in the past. He was manly though...
(pic)Cool younger days
His younger days when he wasn't even afraid of death. Diferent with present where he only thinks of protecting himself, he was a yakuza with hot heart.

Mitsume Yazura
Clan leader
3-eyed party
"I have to think of a new plan"
Basic info
Height: 190 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Birthday: 21 February
Belongings: Pipe
Ayakashi link: Kouchi folklore
Nura group's clan leader, but his true identity is?
A youkai with an eye in his forehead and fanged big mouth traits. As other clan leader, opposes Rikuo becoming the 3rd. But at Shikoku battle, he showed a glimpse of his hidden real face.
(pic)Mitsume Yazura when Rikuo still elementary school student. It's unknown if this was the real him or not.
Imposter
The youkai who disguise as Mitsume Yazura is Sanmoto Gorouzaemon. He istructed Yosuzume to retrieve Maou no Kozuchi that was granted to Tamazuki.
(pic)True identity is Sanmoto Gorouzaemon!?
Sanmoto Gorouzaemon tear of his mask. It's still a mystery whether he hide his identity from the start or replace the real one somewhere.

Oomukade
Clan leader
Centipede tribe
"That again"
Basic info
Height: 300 cm
Weight: 248 kg
Birthday: 1 October
Belongings: Socks
Ayakashi link: Saitama folklore
(pic)Centipede tribe's chieftain who is Nura group's kashimoto. A creepy youkai with giant eyes and centipede body.

Asajigahara no Kijo
Clan leader
Kijo group
"What...?"
Basic info
※The old woman and the daughter share a same trait
Birthday: 4 February
Belongings: Shovel
Ayakashi link: Tokyo folklore
(pic)Kijo group's group leader. Youkai made from two person, appear as a girl and an old woman. Way of speak is mocking other.

Mottainai Obake
Clan leader
Obake group
"Nyam nyam"
Basic info
Height: 98 cm
Weight: 23 kg
Birthday: 17 September
Belongings: Chopstick, tupperware
Ayakashi link: Tsukumogami
(pic)Obake group's group leader. A youkai who torments people who do "wasteful" things like left-over food.

Soroban-bou
Clan leader
Youkai merchant confederation
"Do you want to handle it here...?"
Basic info
Height: 135 cm
Birthday: 20 June
Belongings: Abacus, calculator
Ayakashi link: Kyoto folklore
(pic)Chairman of Youkai merchant confederation that organized from youkai who manage bussiness. Has developed head and good at abacus.

Haguro-bettari
Noppera group
Ayakashi link: "Takehara Shunsen Ehon Hyaku Monogatari -Tousanjin Yawa"
(pic)A nopperabou with only mouth and black-painted teeth. In the battle with Tamazuki joined Rikuo's hyakkiyakou.

Yamachichi
Yamanba group
(pic)Youkai from a bat that transforms itself and has monkey-like appearance. Has the power to lengthen and shorten human's life span.

Oitekebori
N/A
"Leave it and go, leave it and go"
Basic info
Height: 188 cm
Weight: 69 kg
Birthday: 19 March
Belongings: Things stolen from youkai
Ayakashi link: Honjo 7 Mysteries (Mysteries of Edo)
Youkai that steals happy person's precious thing
A low underling youkai under Nura group's branch who lives inside pond and steals precious thing from those who passes by. The pond itself is Oitekebori's ability, and no guarantee for your life if you don't give away something. Enjoys stealing various things from Nura group's youkai.
(pic)Oitekebori who lives in Nura group's teritory. Even Kuroumaru can't give her warning. The victims is continously increased.
Heart
Has slim body and wears worn-out kimono. Stole something from happy person is her supreme bliss.
(pic)Really persistent!
If you don't give her something more precious than the stolen good, she won't give back the previously stolen thing. Each barter makes her get more profit, now that's what is called as youkai world's "millionare from a rice stalk"!
Stolen goods
Things stolen by Oitekebori until now
The things that Oitekebori stole is all precious person or things. Even Rikuo who doesn't have greed got Nenekirimaru taken away.
(pic)Yomekko
Bride of a youkai called "Anta". Get returned by giving away Nenekirimaru.
(pic)Nenekirimaru
Katana that only cuts youkai that Rikuo got from his grandfather. When Zen heard that it got taken away, he really surprised that he vomitted blood.
(pic)"Fear" emblem haori
Stole from Kuroumaru, haori that only those acknowledged by the young head of Nura group main house may wear. One of Oitekebori's favourite.
(pic)Pipe
Something Nurarihyon borrowed from Osaka castle. Rikuo gave it away to barter it with Kuroumaru's "fear" haori.

Gagoze (expelled)
Ex clan leader
Gagoze alliance
"Anyway... "slaughter" all of them..."
Basic info
Height: 197 cm
Weight: 80 kg
Birthday: 19 January
Belongings: Bunko [How to take over the world]
Shinigami schemed to assassinate Rikuo
Ex clan leader of Nura group, a youkai with shinigami appearance. Targetted Nura group's 3rd position, he tried to assasinate the direct lineage Rikuo, but got the table turned over and erased.
Personality
A criminal in lifetime and turned into youkai after death, kidnap and eat children. Sends a lot of children to hell is their work, valued as youkai's role model.
(pic)Attack children and eat them!
Freely move in the air, when they found children which are their favorite food, they will immediately attacks in group.
(pic)Have a skillful mouth!
His plan to assassinate Rikuo was found out, but when Mokugyo Daruma asked him he got defiant. Specializes in saying excuses!

Kyuuso (expelled)
Kyuuso group
"We will lead Nura group!"
Basic info
Height: 180 cm
Weight: 69 kg
Birthday: 30 March
Belongings: cigarettes, lighter, host name card
Sly beast who trashed Ukiyoe town
A mouse youkai who active behind the screen in night town. Tempted women with host appearance then kill and eat them. Served Nura group in the past but got expelled for his violent behaviour. Kidnapped Yura etc as hostages and schemed to usurp Nura group supreme commander position. Actually Gyuuki's pawn to test Rikuo's power.
(pic)Kyuuso is a ferocious youkai that eat even cat that supposed to be mouse' natural enemy. His favorite is human's lifeblood.
Personality
As human, acts as a host, Seiya. But it's not more than a mean to collect women as food.
(pic)Human appearance is popular host
Number one host in "Club Chu Chu" that located in Ukiyoe town amusement area. With his gentle smile makes women become his captive. His charm point is the long under eyelashes.
(pic)Real identity is mouse!
Real nature is a sharp-fanged mouse. Only targets young women and eat them.
(pic)Peerless cruelty
Kyuuso who takes Yura as hostage and demmands for top position in the group. A really unfair guy!
Trap
Beware of his sweet trap that makes women who come to the club drunk, brought them to the attic and ate them!
(pic)Sip captured human's blood
Get trapped and you will become the group members' prey. They also put captured women inside a mouse cage sometime.
Company
Almost all of the group members live in host appearance. When they get angry they will unconsciously show their true nature.
(pic)Kyuuso group
Group members who disguise as host and follow Kyuuso. Running around building's wall at night.
(pic)Underling mouse
A senior in Kyuuso. Lured Rikuo with Yura and Kana kidnapping as bait.

Kokehime
Land god
"I am this shrine's land god... Kokehime!!"
Basic info
Height: 133 cm
Weight: 30 kg
Birthday: 2 February
Belongings: Cosmetic set, kimono with some dozen million yen market value
Land guardian god who lives in a shrine
A land god reside in a shrine. She was a human princess who has an ability where her tears turned into pearls. Her life was targeted by land god-killer Sodemogi-sama.
(pic)About 400 years ago she was human. Because of her special power, she was called by Yodo-dono or her heart. Was attached to Hitotsume-nyudou.

Senba
Land god
"Human's feeling gives me power"
Basic info
Height: 27 cm
Weight: 2 kg
Birthday: 20 July
Belongings: 1000 paper crane, chocolate (offering)
Human's feeling put into 1000 paper crane
Guardian god in a small shrine located in a hill in the back of Ukiyoe general hospital. Offers 1000 paper crane and pray then he will cure sickness. Saved Natsumi who got cursed by Sodemogi-sama.
(pic)Senba body gets bigger or smaller according to how deep the human's faith is.

Youkai live in Ukiyoe town
Beside Nura group, there are a lot of unique youkai live in Ukiyoe town!

Ungaikyou
Basic info
Height: 273 cm
Weight: 210 kg
Birthday: 13 September
(pic)A scary youkai that will come to kill you in your 13th birthday if you encounter him. Shut target inside the purple big mirror.

Anta
Basic info
Height: 115 cm
Weight: 27 kg
Birthday: 7 May
Belongings: Love for Yomekko
(pic)A crow-like youkai. Waits for human inside a tree and eats their eyeball, unexpectedly scary youkai.

Yomekko
Basic info
Height: 117 cm
Weight: 19 kg
Birthday: 16 March
Belongings: Bandage, kimono
(pic)Anta's bride. With a combination with her husband, she makes a trap targeting passing-by youkai's eyeball.

Fake Aotabou
Basic info
Height: 175 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Birthday: 12 June
Belongings: Aotabou disguise goods complete set

Fake Kurotabou
Basic info
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 66 kg
Birthday: 29 September
Belongings: Kurotabou disguise goods complete set

(pic)Aotabou and Kurotabou's imposters. From their similar faces, they swindled their name and have fun wildly. Defeated by onmyouji Mamiru and Ryuuji.

Nura group presentation!
A course on Yakuza youkai
Lecturer : Karasu Ten'gu
Nura group number one (!?) youkai with extensive knowledge, Karasu Ten'gu, will teach about the deep yakuza youkai world so it will be easy to understand.
● Applicant : Nothing inquired
● Course : Total once
● Fee : Free
● Place : Nura group main house
Structure
Main house
General headqurter that manage the group
Like Nura group, the family of the boss manages great forces and gather various groups under it's affiliation.
(pic)Young head has a meaning as Nura group supreme commander's successor. Also organization's number 2.
(pic)Boss Nurarihyon
(pic)Young head Nura Rikuo
Clan leader
Kashimoto who ruled each territory
(pic)Like Gyuuki group that has headquarter in Mt Nejireme, groups under main house's affiliation command each land. They also restraint other forces.
(pic)Gyuuki group group leader Gyuuki
Land god
Gods with deep connection with human
(pic)In the land whithin our force, there are also those with weak power called land god. Land gods like Senba-sama are managed by kashimoto.
(pic)Senba
Traits
"Land god" is the foundation of group!!
1 Income source
Land gods who collected faith in shrine and temple receive donations and offerings from human. Land gods pay to main house from it, as exchange youkai will protect them.
Karasu Ten'gu : It's give and take!
2 Territory expansion
With more land gods with human's faith, in short land gods with big fear, inside the group, the more the income and area will get bigger. That's why battle for territory to get powerful land god happened.
Karasu Ten'gu : Shikoku force attack method is exactly this!
Rite
In our world of youkai yakuza, different race of youkai can bind a blood pledge joint by exchanging sakazuki. You can also say, only youkai who has done this ritual allowed to call themselves Nura group.
(pic)5-5 sakazuki
Sakazuki for sworn brother who have equivalent position. The trait of this ritual is exchanging sakazuki while crossed each other arm.
(pic)7-3 sakazuki
Sakazuki for leader and follower for loyalty pledge. Only those who believe each other can do this pledge.

Omake
Supervised by Karasu Ten'gu!
Yakuza youkai glossary
Authorised by Karasu Ten'gu!? We collect unique words used by yakuza youkai!!
Okite (掟)
Group's rule. In Nura group, there are Nura group norm, and in accordance with the 2nd article of the norm Rikuo succeed as young head and becomes the 3rd candidate.
Otoshimae (落とし前)
It means to take responsibility for failure or inpoliteness. For example, when Gyuuki tried to commit suicide for his sin of scheming treason.
Kaijou (回状)
Notification document communicated to bosses of each group. According to the contents, it can become an important document with the same effectiveness as expellation letter.
Kashimoto (貸元)
Kashimoto in yakuza youkai world points to leader of group affiliated under the main house. Such as Gyuuki etc in Nura group, the clan leaders who attend general meeting.
Gikyoudai (義兄弟)
Different race of youkai bind a solid pledge and become a sworn ally. Those who exchanged 5-5 sakazuki like Rikuo and Zen are one.
Sakazuki (盃)
The thing that binds a blood pledge joint of youkai from different race.
Shinogi (シノギ)
Refers to land god's fear or bussiness done by youkai disguised as human. Methods to gain incomes.
Shima (シマ)
Land controlled by organization. Also called territory. For Nura group, it points to east Japan, starts from Ukiyoe town.
Soukai (総会)
Meeting organized by the family's top and group's clan leader. Helds periodically but can also be held in emergency situation. Often held while having enclosed meal.
Daimon (代紋)
The emblem of organization where youkai belong to, such as Nura group "Fear (畏)". They made an oath to the emblem's character.
Deiri (出入り)
Refers to march into enemy territory with the family members. Rikuo did it with his comrades when he went to Kyuuso who kidnapped Yura and Kana.
Teuchi (手打ち)
It means reconciliation settled. Rikuo, who won the battle against Shikoku force lead by Tamazuki, made one by giving terms to Tamazuki and Shikoku agreeing it.
Tekiya (テキ屋)
Stands shops, stallholders selling merchandise in places where lots of people gathered, such as on festival. In yakuza youkai world, youkai held tekiya as a means of shinogi.
Neesan (姐さん)
A call name used for female with higher position. Shouei used it when he calls Tsurara who is from main house.

Karasu Tengu : Be carefull not to use it in daily life!

88 Kiyakou of the 4 Kingdoms
Chapter 2 Shikoku 88-kiyakou
◆ Headquarter: Yamaguchi Reijin Hall (Ehime prefecture)
◆ Youkai members number: about 700
◆ Number of association: 88
Shikoku 88-kiyakou that resides at tanuki youkai paradise, Shikoku. We will introduce the organization rebuild by Inugami Gyoubu Danuki's son, Tamazuki, in this chapter.

Controller of all Shikoku yakuza youkai
Shikoku 88-kiyakou
Biggest force in Shikoku that targetting Nura group territory
Yakuza youkai organization built more than 300 years ago at tanuki youkai paradise, Shikoku. Declined after defeated by human, but get rebuild by Tamazuki. Schemed to take over Nura group base and lastly take over the world.
(pic)
Headquarter: Yamaguchi Reijin Hall
Yamaguchi Reijin Hall located in mountain recess in Matsuyama, Ehime prefecture. A large family with respective group in each 88 sacred ground.
Organization composition
From the leader, members from young generation are stand out. That's why they're vigorous and rapidly growing.
Group leader: Inugami Gyoubu Danuki <Tamazuki>
Executive: Inugami (7 travelers)
Executive: Yosuzume (7 travelers)
Executive: Sodemogi-sama (7 travelers)
Executive: Hari-onna (7 travelers)
Executive: Tearai Oni (7 travelers)
Executive: Gangi-kozou (7 travelers)
Executive: Inuhou'ou (7 travelers)
7 travelers
A group of youkai in Shikoku who appear as travelers and wear straw conical hat. Normally, they can't be seen with human eye, but you can see them if you peek through gap, i.e cow's crotch etc. If you encounter them, you will meet misfortune.
Leader interview
Tamazuki
"Shikoku's local specialty is the best"
- What is your impression of coming to Ukiyoe town?
"What a countryside"
- ...You live in mountain recess, right...?
"The air and water taste very good, so Shikoku is a really good place"
- I hear "Tamapippi" udon is famous
"Aa, for tamapippi, onion is important...(continued for about 5 hours)"
- I want to get to the main topic...
"Of course, I made the udon myself. It's...(same as above)"
- Please spare me already (crying).

Inugami Gyoubu Danuki <Tamazuki>
Leader
Basic info
Height: 179 cm
Weight: 74 kg
Birthday: 27 April
Belongings: Maou no kozuchi, Pon juice
Ayakashi link: Shikoku area folklore
"Isn't it wonderful? My... hyakkiyakou..."
New and powerful Shikoku youkai who targets for the world
Shikoku 88-kiyakou young group leader who has high charisma. Targetting Nura group territory and wage a hyakkiyakou war. Strongly conscious of Rikuo who has similar circumstances with him and makes him wants to oppose Rikuo more.
(pic)Tamazuki who also commute to school. He was a student body president surrounded by his many followers.
Heart
"As you are now, you are worthy of learning my name"
Posses a cruel heart where he will sacrifice his subordinate to achieve his own ambition. Makes his allies follow him by implanting fear on them.
(pic)Ambition he held since he was a boy
His last goal is to conquer the world. For that purpose, he secretly gather allies.
(pic)Torments enemy thoroughly
Hurts the opponent bit by bit while not giving the last blow is Tamazuki-style.
(pic)Cruelty to sacrifice allies
Created hyakkiyakou from his allies' corpses. Tamazuki doesn't feel a think even though he cut his allies along with the enemies.
Fear
System: Tree leaves
Tamazuki who posses mysterious power that peculiar to tanuki youkai inherited from his father. Use various techniques using tree leaves as medium.
(pic)Teleportation is also one of his forte. His youkai appearance looks like a kabuki actor.
(pic)Divine power
There is also the power to laid other to rest. With his word, "Disperse!", he erased Inugami who loose the fight.
Item
Katana that Tamazuki used is one of the legendary sacred treasure said to be prove of sovereign. Received from Sanmoto Gorouzaemon.
(pic)Maou no kozuchi
With kojutsu principle, at each stab it absorbs opponent's flesh, blood and grudge, and changes like a living thing. The one who obtain it will get power of hyakki.
Ancient past
"I will grasp everything from now on"
Tamazuki is Inugami Gyoubu Danuki's 88th wife's 8th son. He feel desperate for his siblings who have no ambition.
(pic)8th son
Tamazuki who thickly inherited his father's divine power. Because of his low hierarchy, he didn't have powerful voice inside the group, and that made him realize his powerlessness.
(pic)Thrown away name
Changes his real name "Tamazusa" into "Tamazuki" that means aim for the throne, he tried to become the lord of ayakashi.
(pic)Looks down on his older brothers and slaughter them all
When they make fool on him about what he can do now with Maou no kozuchi, Tamazuki killed his brothers with his own hand.

Inugami Gyoubu Danuki
Retirement
Basic info
Height: 563 cm
Weight: 897 kg
Birthday: 17 January
Belongings: Business suit, bunko [The right way to raise a son]
"I was a hot-blooded ayakashi too in the past..."
Tamazuki's father who lead 808 tanuki
One of Shikoku 3 great tanuki youkai, Tamazuki's father. He is retired now, but he was a big boss who lead 808 tanuki. An old acquintance with the great youkai, Nurarihyon.
(pic)Surprised knowing Tamazuki attack on Kantou. Concerned for his son safety, he disguised as human and went to Tokyo using Sleeper Limited Express Train Sunrise Seto.
Fear
System: Tree leaves
Control tree leaves using divine power. As his call name, bakedanuki, he also specializes in transformation. Has wide-ranging type of power.
(pic)Tamazusa no Ha
A skill to seal opponent's mouth using tamazusa leaves. The name originate from the leaf used by nightingale to wrap it's beak for the retired emperor who choked.
Ancient past
300 years ago, when his plan to take over Matsuyama castle failed, he refused Nurarihyon's offer for help.
(pic)The forming of Shikoku 88-kiyakou
Taking his rule over all Shikoku 88 sacred grounds as the right moment, the organization built in Inugami Gyobu Danuki generation.

Inugami
Executive
Basic info
Height: 170 cm
Weight: 62 kg
Birthday: 4 November
Belongings: Band-aids, ointment
"I beg you, Tamazuki, I want to become your fang..."
Loyal subject who entrusted all his hopes on Tamazuki
A dog youkai that talked in Tosa dialect. Sweared absolute ollegiance to Tamazuki who acknowledged the previously-solitude him. Intensely envy Rikuo when he saw Rikuo fit in as human even though he is a youkai.
(pic)Believed that it is Tamazuki who is worthy to rule the world. To prove it he tried to kill Rikuo who become an eyesore.
Personality
Long-stretched tongue is his characteristic. When he put his tongue inside his mouth, his youki disappeared and makes him indistinguishable from human.
(pic)A species of dog youkai who lives in Shikoku. An unique youkai who fight only with it's head.
(pic)Energy comes from grudge and hatred
Inugami who becomes more and more stronger as the more he hates his opponent. He also can heighten his own negative emotion by recalling his bitter past memories.
(pic)Inugami-style greeting
Licked Kana-chan's cheek in their first meeting with his long tongue as greeting. What a bothersome greeting method...
Fear
System: Grudge
Inugami real form is a giant dog. As a dog, majority of his skill make use of his fang and claw.
(pic)Separate his head from his body, he bites off the opponent's throat with his sharp fang, and in the same time he can also cuts off opponent's body with his sharp claw!
School
In the past, Inugami lived by while trying not to stand out even at school. His meeting with Tamazuki changed the world Inugami lived in.
(pic)Meeting with Tamazuki
Tormented in consecutive days because of Tamazuki's evil scheme. With the hatred, Inugami released his power as youkai.

Yosuzume
Executive
Basic info
Height: 147 cm
Weight: 36 kg
Birthday: 11 February
"......"
Poison feathered bird youkai who creates perfect darkness
Tamazuki's right-hand-like exsistance. Served Tamazuki loyally, but actually Sanmoto Gorouzaemon's spy. After Tamazuki defeated by Rikuo in hyakkiyakou war, she take Maou no kozuchi and fly away from the battlefield.
(pic)Yosuzume was also a student commuted to school like Tamazuki and Inugami. Even when she wears uniform, she doesn't take off the cloth around her face.
Personality
Yosuzume is a youkai that troubles human who walks at night by blinding their eyes. Even though she's Shikoku force's ace, her real nature is a mystery.
(pic)Poison wing
Yosuzume's pitch black wing that usually hidden under her clothes. When she spread it, it become as big as her body.
(pic)Fox-alphabet rolled around her head
In the cloth is fox-alphabet! Tamazuki and the others who can't read it do not realize her true nature.
(pic)Creepy silence
Even when Tamazuki said cruel things to her, she doen't give any objection at all. A silence to Tamazuki expectation for her.
Fear
System: Darkness
Yosuzume skill that robs opponent field of vision using poison feather. Basic style is approaches the opponent without them realizing it and then activate the skill.
(pic)Gen'yakou
With her slender feather, she stabs opponent eyes, makes opponent vision turn pitch black by the feather's poison.
(pic)Yosuzume's "fear" is known even in Kantou that located faraway from Shikoku

Sodemogi-sama
Executive
Basic info
Height: 35 cm
Weight: 3 kg
Birthday: 25 October
Belongings: Robbed sleeve collection
"Call my name!!"
Youkai specialized in killing guardian god
A youkai who kills god protecting the land. If Sodemogi-sama grab your sleeve and you turn around, you will be cursed. The curse will be removed by giving the sleeve or killing Sodemogi-sama.
(pic)Attacking land god and tried to stole the faith of people living in the area.

Hari-onna
Executive
Basic info
Height: 165 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Birthday: 15 September
Belongings: Iron hair comb
"We of Shikoku!! Will rule all youkai!!"
Female executives who swing her steel hair
One of the 7 travellers. While being afraid of Tamazuki's cruelty who doesn't bother killing his own allies, she followed him thinking that's what a leader is. Died in hyakkiyakou war after slashed by Tamazuki.
(pic)Hari-onna's hair is hook-shaped so she can ensnare her prey.

Tearai Oni
Executive
Basic info
Height: 255 cm
Weight: 163 kg
Birthday: 4 April
Belongings: Soap
"You're in the way!!"
Shikoku number one for strength. Usually in the same physique size as human, but he actually a giant that he can craddle on the mountains that sandwhiched Seto bay to wash his hands in the sea.

Gangi-kozou
Executive
Basic info
Height: 142 cm
Weight: 46 kg
Birthday: 9 March
Belongings: Toothbrush, toothpaste
"Who are you...?"
A youkai with half-merman appearance. Usually in river bank. Eats fish and animal using his round jagged teeth by rotating it in high speed like chog-wheel.
(pic)Has violent characteristic. As he is a water-type youkai, his "fear" power increased around water.

Inuhou'ou
Executive
Basic info
Height: 210 cm
Weight: 105 kg
Birthday: 30 December
Belongings: Bunko [This is where smart ayakashi different!]
"There is no more someone who act as the top, who put things in order"
An intellectual rumored to be Shikoku number one sharpest man. Offers to become manager for the allies for Tamazuki who still young. Other name is Basan. In hyakkiyakou war used as a shield by Tamazuki.
(pic)Inuhou'ou is a chicken youkai who breath fire while flying in the sky.

Muchi
Basic info
Height: 197 cm
Birthday: 6 February
Belongings: Sunglass, black hat
"A small fry is a mall fry"
Professional youkai hitman who targeted Nurarihyon
Bizarre youkai who control venom wind. Because the wind sounds like whip's swing sound, he called as "Muchi". A professional youkai hitman.
(pic)Youkai that said to appear in Shikoku mountain recess. At a glance, he looks like a gentleman but actually has hostile attitude. Killed Nura group's clan leader, Hihi.
Fear
System: Wind
Muchi's fear that undermines the body of those who touch the venom wind. Unleases attacks by integrating his body with the wind. Because wind cut of all things he often mistaken as Kamaitachi.
(pic)Kaze no Jinkei - Suna-uchi no Muchi
By making a formation with his allies, strike opponent with venom squall. Because the wind also blows up sand and stone, it gives big damage.
(pic)Kai'i - Hachijinfuuheki
Creates several whirlwinds with poison wind to cut off enemy. He tried to make a fatal blow to Nurarihyon with this technique.

Sewa-gakari no Medanuki
Basic info
Height: 154 cm
Weight: 42 kg
Birthday: 3 May
Belongings: Tanuki-pattern apron
"Please enjoy! It's Shikoku local specialtys"
Female tanuki (medanuki) who is taking care of Inugami Gyoubu Danuki's everyday neccesities. When Inugami Gyoubu Danuki went to Tokyo, she also follow him and disguise as human.
(pic)She treats Shikoku local specialty because of her love for her hometown.

Mamedanuki
Basic info
Height: 42 cm
Weight: 4 kg
Birthday: 28 December
Belongings: Tree leaves
"Do you know this old man?"
Tanuki youkai who works as Yamaguchi Reijin Hall;s gatekeeper. Supposed to be over than 200 years old, but still a kid. Made an uproar and cried aloud because Nattou-kozou attached nattou bacteria on him.
(pic)Disguise as big oni and tried to scare Nurarihyon, but immediately found out.

Ko-bouzu
Basic info
Height: 23 cm
Weight: 1 kg
Birthday: 8 August
Belongings: Mini-jimbei
Youkai with an adult hand size with monk appearance. Coil about the opponent in a group and rob enemy's freedom. Characteristic is really irritating!
(pic)Each of them has really weak power, but because they attack as a group, it's surprisingly giving a hard time when opposing them.

New Shikoku 88-kiyakou
Entrance guide
Nura group is already old news! The trend nowadays is 88-kiyakou! From rural area, don't you want to aim for Japan's hegemony!?
Tamazuki: Would you exchange sakazuki with me?
Gather under the genius, Tamazuki!!
Important points for applicant
Examination day:
Month ☆ Day ○
Ehime prefecture, Matsuyama city, inside certain mountain, Yamaguchi Reijin Hall
Reception period:
Until the day before exam day
Applicant requirement:
Limited to those who have reach adulthood in youkai age, that is 13 years old. Gender, experience are not inquired. Youkai with high motivation are highly welcome.
Acceptance number:
Until it reach 88.
How to apply:
Please apply directly to the secretariat.
New Shikoku 88-kiyakou Secretariat: ◎◎◎-××××-△△△△
Employment contact person:
Medanuki
Greeting
I am the General of 88-kiyakou, Tamazuki. I am receiving applications for talented servants to conquer Kantou! It will become a harsh battle, but for you fodder youkai, no need to worry, because I will take you in with Maou no Kozuchi!!
New Shikoku 88-kiyakou Group Leader
Inugami Gyoubu Danuki Tamazuki
Office
Yamaguchi Reijin Hall that excel in convenience!!
88-kiyakou headquarter located in Shikoku mountain recess. When you have a field trip here, please enjoy mamedanuki warm hospitality. But of course, we will ask nattou-smelled youkai to go home...
(pic)The scenery where you are surrounded by hundreds of tanuki ornaments is overwhelming! Ah... please be careful not to step on the General's testicles!!
(pic)Kantou advancing base, Tokyo branch office. You can hear Tamazuki grateful speech from the atrium loby!!
Service
Excecutive class will get pick-up with luxury car!!
If you become executive class, you will get higher service! What a surprise, the transportation for work will all picked up by luxury foreign car! Nura group's Takarabune is more luxurious? A vehicle where you get troubled for the parking area is behind the times.
(pic)How about it? This splendid interior! In fashioned space, you'll definitely catch female youkai's heart!
(pic)The car has black-painted body and fully smoke filmed-window spec! Privacy is perfectly guarded!!
FoodYou can enjoy Shikoku local specialty everyday!!
Numerous delicious local specialty from Shikoku! When the strategy meeting to defeat Nura group getting close to completion, refresh yourself with meal break! After your stomach is full, let's pretend to be asleep!
(pic)I suggest you try this citron product from Umaji village that become nation-wide popular recently!
(pic)The genuine tanuki udon is superb! "Tamapippi" made by Tamazuki is popular among the executives!
The senpais in a role!!
In the work office with good atmosphere, senpai's cheerful voices echoing! The youkai who are the pride of Shikoku assemble!!
Tamazuki: It's not a dream to become executive!!
Muchi
General combatant
Muchi: Killing is fun
An able man who killed Hihi of Nura group. Although he has scary face and wears sunglasses, he is the moodmaker that spreads poisonous wind around the office!
(pic)Is it cold? When you think so, maybe it's Muchi-senpai's prank! You'll die if not careful though.
Sodemogi-sama
Executive
Sodemogi-sama: Gimme your sleeve
For makeover to summer uniform, just leave it to Sodemogi-senpai! Senpai will eat the plucked sleeve, so it's really eco-friendly!!
Inugami
Executive
Inugami: I'll cuddle you
Inugami-senpai who enjoys warm skinship. When you feel irritated, ask him to let you caress his fur.
☆For the first timers☆
Free Demo implementation!!
The group leader, Tamazuki, will teach it so you can easily understand the daily task. Questions about entering the group will be answered politely too.
Please request the day and time you want to by phone
Tamazuki: I'll wait for your applications!!
Inugami Gyoubu: Making something nonsense like this!

Keikain Clan
Keikain Clan

Keikain Hidemoto (Thirteenth head)
Height: 179 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Belongings: Shikigami, mechanical toy

Keikain Hidemoto (Twentieth head)
Height: 169 cm
Weight: 64 kg
Gebder: Male
Birthday: 29 December
Belongings: Scroll "Keikain Ayakashi Hiroku" (Keikain Demon Secret Record)

Keikain Koremitsu
Height: 183 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Birthday: 18 January
Belongings: Book "Method to Not Let Nurarihyon Inside the House"

Keikain Yura
Height: 143 cm
Weight: 34 kg
Birthday: 19 May
Belongings: Frog wallet, Shikigami, receipts (large amount)

Keikain Ryuuji
Height: 167 cm (clogs included)
Weight: 58 kg
Birthday: 24 October
Belongings: Little sister's photo, present for little sister (all of them is lie)

Keikain Mamiru
Height: 192 cm
Weight: 82 kg
Birthday: 14 September
Belongings: Talisman

Keikain Akifusa
Height: 172 cm
Weight: 65 kg
Birthday: 11 Setember
Belongings: Book "Yaso-ryuu Kijutsu" (Yaso-style Demon Art)

Keikain Pato
Height: 124 cm
Weight: 30 kg
Birthday: 30 November
Belongings: Bunko "True Levitation Experience"

Keikain Masatsugu
Height: 174 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Birthday: 10 February
Belongings: Rocking chair (special order), bunko "How to Get Along with Natural Perm Hair"

Kiyo Cross Squad
Kiyo Cross Squad

Ienaga Kana
Height: 152 cm
Weight: 39 kg
Birthday: 23 June
Belongings: Hand mirror, binoculars, doll
Class: 1-2

Kiyotsugu's Youkai type personality quiz and translation~
Kiyotsugu-kun's Youkai type quiz!

Translation of personality quiz (thanks to imbrifer on LiveJournal!)

START
You have leadership skills.
Yes - Go to A
No - Go to B

A
You tend to get sick often.
Yes - Go to D
No - Go to P

B
You have a strong sense of justice/right and wrong.
Yes - Go to C
No - Go to H

C
In winter, you can never be without your scarf.
Yes - Go to F
No - Go to G

D
You have quite a sharp tongue.
Yes - Go to E
No - Go to N

E
You don't mind the smell of a hospital.
Yes - You are Type 5.
No - Go to U

F
You have someone of the opposite sex who is very important to you.
Yes - Go to J
No - Go to U

G
You're confident of your strength!
Yes - Go to K
No - Go to L

H
You enjoy running.
Yes - Go to I
No - Go to N

I
You love nattou!
Yes - You are Type 7
No - Go to U

J
You don't stay in the bath for very long.
Yes - You are Type 2
No - You are Type 4

K
You like children.
Yes - You are Type 3
No - Go to U

L
You always seem to be broke/lacking money.
Yes - You are Type 9
No - Go to U

M
You are very tenacious.
Yes - You are Type 7
No - Go to O

N
You prefer nighttime to daytime.
Yes - Go to M
No - Go to T

O
You've been told you're too nagging / persistent.
Yes - You are Type 7
No - Go to U

P
School uniforms are won~der~ful ♥
Yes - Go to Q
No - Go to R

Q
Your favourite colour is black.
Yes - Go to P
No - S
If you keep returning to this question: You are Type 8

R
You have to analyse things carefully.
Yes - You are Type 6
No - Go to N

S
You admire historical figures.
Yes - Go to Q
No - Go to L

T
Sometimes you have no memory of the previous night.
Yes - You are Type 1
No - Go to U

U
I don't wanna see any youkai anyway!
Yes - You are Type 10
No - Start over from the beginning.

RESULTS
Type 1: Nurarihyon (Rikuo) Type - A leader who brings everyone together
Type 2: Yuki Onna Type - You seem cold, but are actually passionate?!
Type 3: Aotabou Type - Gentle Giant (gentle nature with great strength)
Type 4: Kubinashi Type - A Mysterious Charmer (ladies' man)
Type 5: Zen Type - Your body is weak, but your spirit is strong.
Type 6: Gyuuki Type - Quiet, but strong-willed
Type 7: Nattou Kozou Type - You don't smell!
Type 8: Hagoromo-Gitsune Type - Caution?! A mysterious person.
Type 9: Onmyouji (Keikain Yura) Type - The arch-enemy of youkai!!
Type 10: Human Type - No corresponding youkai!

Gag comic of Kiyotsugu getting his hands on this book:

Shiibashi group (the wonderful people who make this series possible)
Shiibashi group
* Also known as Shiibashi-sensei and his assistants. Note that the nicknames do not refer to the characters in Nuramago (:

Shiibashi Hiroshi
Height: Secret
Birthday: 6 June
Belongings: Ganba Osaka supporter goods

Schedule of Shiibashi-sensei's week:
Monday to Wednesday:
Drawing script all day!
Thursday:
Meeting
Friday to Saturday:
Storyboard (while afraid of editor's fear of reject it...)
Sunday:
Color script, script correction work etc

Hidanokentarou
Birthday: 27 March
Fear (special skill) : Strong against cold

Yoshimurakana
Birthday: 30 May
Fear (special skill) : Posting to radio

N
Birthday: 18 January
Fear (special skill) : Able to draw background a bit

Senda Hiroyuki
Birthday: 21 October
Fear (special skill): Immediately get hospitalized

Koshikuba Meori
Birthday: 24 March
Fear (special skill) : Secretly sleep while cutting tone. Apologize when found out。

Interview with Shiibashi-sensei

Shiibashi Hiroshi's from long time ago until now
-Long Interview-
The chronology of Shiibashi Hiroshi-sensei into his pro debut and secret story of the work until "Nurarihyon no Mago" get serialized, We asked directly to the person!

Pro mangaka debut in Bussiness Jump!
- First of, from when did you aim to be a mangaka?
Shiibashi : I thought of to be one as profession from high school. Only, my manga history is quite old, from 2nd year of elementary school, I drew parody-like things of American comics like "Superman" and "Batman".
- How much work did you draw from high school?
Shiibashi : I draw with pro manga as the aim, but I can't finish it (bitter laugh). In the end, I was unable to finish even a book in my high school time and normally go to university. In that university, I met with Professor Koike Kazuo, a manga author. That time when I show him my work he said, "If you try hard you can have a debut!", after that I seriously try to draw to finish.
- Do you start to send your work from there?
Shiibashi : No, through Koike-sensei, I have my work shown to various editors. From there, I receive an offer from Bussiness Jump, "Do you want to try to draw a few book?", that's my pro debut. In BJ, I draw "Aratama", a story where onmyouji like Mamiru and Ryuuji appear (lol). In the same time, I also bring a work to an event where Jump's editors go around the country "Scout Caravan".
- Did you continously went to Scout Caravan?
Shiibashi : I went twice, at first I brought historical play manga, but the editor told me, "It suits seinen magazine more". That's why I try to do it in seinen magazine, but after 2 years it didn't work out at all (bitter laugh). "As I thought, I want to draw on shounen magazine", I thought. So once again, I brought a work to Scout Caravan. And then, the 2nd time got a really good impression and I received a name card from the editor. he told me, "It's the best from all the one I saw", I was really happy hearing those words.
- Do you feel that you see a hope to go to shounen magazine there?
Shiibashi : Not directly, but I got confidence that I able to do it in shounen magazine. So then I told BJ editor where I have been indebted to that "I want to try for shounen" and start to move to Jump fully.
- From there you aim Jump debut, right
Shiibashi : Right. The editor who brought me over become the editor who responsible for me now, even though I redraw the storyboard over and over for half a year, it didn't work well. And then I ran out of money, so I became assistant for Aragi Hirohiko-sensei whose "Steel Ball Run" got serialized in UJ. From the assistants, there are promising newcomers such as "Hitomi no Catblepas" Tanaka Yasunori and Koumi Hideo. Three of us entered at the same time and have a rivalry that "I can't loose" and became a good stimulation.
- What do you get from becoming Aragi-sensei's assistant?
Shiibashi : Aragi-sensei's work is the first pro mangaka's script that I saw with my own eye, that's why I receive a lot of influence from him on manga drawing method. Especially I study on how to use tools like pen, correction fluid, ruler from Aragi-sensei, I think it's like I do it by imitating him. About the picture design, I mix things I learn from Aragi-sensei with Japanese style taste that I want to do myself and create my own style of picture, so Aragi-sensei is my master for manga.
- Similar to Aragi-sensei, Shiibashi-sensei's written letter is a bit different, isn't it?
Shiibashi : I receive a lot of influence on the written letter. It's not imprinting, but it's already planted inside me that written letter's sound have to be a strange sfx.

The birth of "Nurarihyon no Mago" that cross-breed youkai with yakuza!
How did "Nurarihyon no Mago" born?
Shiibashi : There's a time when I thought if I can make character that use "someone's grandson" setting like "Lupin III" for youkai story, the thing came out in my head that time is character who is "Nurarihyon's grandson". When I made the plot, it's really interesting, so I made storyboard and showed it to editor. Then, he said "This is interesting", and with it as the base the story board was filled.
- Why Nurarihyon?
Shiibashi : The youkai Nurarihyon already have a planted image from Mizuki Shigeru-sensei's "Gegege no Kitaro". So rather I think it will be better to use it as a premise. Youkai is something that written by someone a really long time ago, and another person arrange it again... history repeating itself, as manga, "Nurarihyon" is easy to understand.
- From where did the idea to put together yakuza world and youkai come?
Shiibashi : It's decided from the first inspiration. Nurarihyon is said as the supreme commander of youkai, boss of an outlaw organization... In my head, sprout out if that so, then wouldn't it be interesting if I make it into yakuza thing?
- First, you draw oneshot for Akamaru Jump, right?
Shiibashi : Anyway it progressed to where I made story board for Akamaru, but this time, I fix the story board 12 time... I count the numbers every time I fix it while putting a grudge on it, "You bastard!" (lol). That's why, from first script it took half a year, it actually get published in Akamaru in the first year I started become assistant.
- When the one-shot version got published, how is the readers' reaction?
Shiibashi : The reaction is really good, from the poll it got decisive lead of no 1, not no 1 newcomer, but no 1 from all the work in the magazine, the editor said it's a great thing and really pleased.
- After that, you draw one-shot (refer to p205) once again for WJ?
Shiibashi : It's really popular in Akamaru, so it went to how about make one in WJ too. Because that time they did "Gold Future Cup", a project of grand prix by continuously publishing newcomers' one-shots in the magazine and deciding the winner, so I try to make story board for it but it didn't go well.... The previous one-shot have become a success sample for me, and even though how many times I draw it, it became a same thing. In the end, I didn't make it for that year Gold Future Cup. In the other hand, Tanaka-kun who also assistant got serialization, so I really mortified about it. Then, the next year I safely turn in the story board and able to entry on the Gold Future Cup. More than 1 year to arrive from Akamaru to Jump magazine... It's really long.
- This Gold Future Cup version one-shot really close to the serialization version.
Shiibashi : The design is. But the basic setting itself, from Akamaru version until now do not change (lol). Established Yuki-onna, Kurotabou, Aotabou already there from Akamaru, and there's already people who look like Kana-chan and Maki-san. Maybe main character that made for serialization use is only Kubinashi. From the start, all the setting connection had been made up.
- After winning the grand prix at Gold Future Cup, it got serialized, isn't it.
Shiibashi : From here to serialization went really fast. When I draw and submitted storyboard of the first 3 chapters for serialization, it got approved by editorial section in one try. It become harder from there (lol). Normally, in the start of 3 works that newly serialized, to give preparation time, usually newcomer is not the first one. But, maybe because I received Gold Future Cup, I started from the first week, so I can't make stock for storyboard. So in the beginning of serialization, I really troubled because I can't catch up with weekly magazine's phase. But drawing manga itself is fun.

Shiibashi Hiroshi-style of making character method
- How do you make character?
Shiibashi : The making method is kinda loose. There are times I make it from setting, there's also times when I decide it from outward appearance or name. For example, Rikuo is character from setting, because he's Nurarihyon's grandson. I make that hair style so his head looks like going backward. By the way, how Rikuo's head actually become is a secret (lol).
- Is there a rule in giving name?
Shiibashi : Original character name other than youkai really have my hobby in it. Because I really like soccer, I get the name from "Ganba Osaka" players' names. I heard from a player that I actually met, that amongst Ganba Osaka's team, there's a talk of "Isn't this you?" (lol). Also, Rikuo's family name "Nura" is only putting kanji that have phonetic-equivalent, but Rikuo's "I want to be a good person" meaning included in the kanji, so it went well.
- By the way, "Katate☆Size" name that appear in 4koma in vol 4?
Shiibashi : I always thought of a word that describe Kana, Yuki-onna, Yura, the 3 heroine. Instinctively, it's "Katate☆Size", there is origin for the name, but I won't say it (lol). I think it will be better to have a "What is Katate☆Size anyway!?" feel.

A fun but suffering Story making
- How do you make the story?
Shiibashi : Each time I only decide a goal episode, and work hard each week to reach it. I really like thinking of story idea because it's fun, but working it out after that is really hard (bitter laugh).
- The part that you have fun to draw?
Shiibashi : Act 14. I really like the scene in Kiyotsugu villa, where Torii and Maki sounded the alarm device when they got attacked by Mezumaru. Although they made it work properly, they got had. It's really fun to draw that kind of story flow.
- Do you have any emotional attachment to Torii and Maki?
Shiibashi : Actually they are old characters that created next after Rikuo, so I have a big emotional attachment to them. Also, it's not limited to only them, but basically Kiyo Cross Squad story is fun to write.
- Is there another part where you have episode that you emotionally attached?
Shiibashi : The part that become a turning point for me is act 53. It's the part where Yura realize Rikuo's true nature, all went well in that part. That time, I always searching for the time to reveal Rikuo's nature, but in this part, the factors needed and how Yura feel after Shikoku arc fit in well there. After I draw this, the world of the work inside me became remarkably wider.
- By the way, character that easy to move is?
Shiibashi : Awashima. Inside me Awashima is a hit character, it's really fun to draw. And, I also can put my feeling when I draw Zen and Gyuuki.

Nurari Chara Talk
Nura Rikuo
"For night Rikuo design, as a shounen magazine's main character, I think it will be good to make him has outward appearance that can be recognized from the silhouette, so I made his hair grow flashyly. For day Rikuo, I think for transformation it will be better if there's a gap, so he become an orthodox meganekko character. In the beginning he was a character with bad eyesight that he can't move without glasses"
Yuki-onna
"For the one-shot, because she's yuki-onna, from snowy mountain image, I have her wear a scarf, but when I think about it more, youkai don't need cold-protection gear (lol). For the serialization, the setting of the scarf is to keep inside the cold air let out from her own breath. Also, to draw the round and round eyes as cute as possible, I suggest to draw three inside circle. And it will be cuter to let the center circle as it is, compared to fill it black"
Zen
"Since creating the character for act 3, I already like the character from the setting. Beside the tattoo, he's the character who reflects yakuza story the most. One of the important character to give awareness of the yakuza world part"
Aotabou & Kurotabou
"Ao and Kuro are perfectly original. I wanted 2 characters with same wavelength and big posture. Anyway I made them by stressing on the visual"
Kubinashi
"Decide from the outward appearance. That's why the name is as the character looks (lol). A girl at the beginning, because I thought it will be good to have neckless woman, but in the end "Let's make this character into good looking guy character" and the character became a man"
Kappa
"I want to make his outward appearance differ from normal kappa, I think it will be interesting to make his head's plate as big as umbrella, so I did"
Karasu Ten'gu
"Generally, Karasu Ten'gu is a bigger youkai, but because inside me there's a small image of it, it become like this. With more the story goes, he become smaller... and gradually rounder. Lately he looks more like black chick Ten'gu (lol)"
Kejourou
"Kejourou got in from the outward appearance. Because all the character are flat-chested, the editor ordered me to input big-breasted character... The reason she's being big-breasted is the editor's preference (lol)"
Hagoromo Gitsune
"I only have the character name and image picture from character list before serialization, but it's not the present high school girl visual. When she reincarnated from Yodo-dono to present, I tried to draw her as the most beautiful girl in the world. I combined that setting with all-black character, "black uniform", "black bag", "black long hair" that I wanted to use someday. This all-black character is from someone I saw long time ago in an American village, Shinsaibashi. It have a great impact, so I borrow the character from that person"
Ienaga Kana
"I made her as stereotypical heroine. I don't think there is one in reality, but isn't childhood friend that kinda spiky but being helpful for something, an idealized image for man (lol)? Character made to fulfill the idealized image"
Keikain Yura
"At first I thought to make her as a boy, but it didn't go well, and it apply well when I turn her into a girl. After turning her into girl, the setting of inserting shikigami and receipts in her wallet made, after that, she completed as a character that looks like realized Rikuo's nature but not... a bit clumsy character"

That's all for now. I might update this with more profiles and scan this book if I have the time to. Although I doubt that I will do the later because I'm a busy student who needs to take her O Levels in October to November.

Lastly, please do buy the book if you can to support Shiibashi-sensei! (:

Last edited:

Mysterious_Kaitou

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Please register to see the content of this post.

Last edited:

xybercutie

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

recure

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Koshi_Inaba

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

recure

Reaction score
Country
Indonesia

Last edited:

Nayrael

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Croatia