Nurmeedurrp thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Well, anyone can dislike Philly teams. But we don't have to deal with them...Yankees and Red Sox are enough. And to be honest, I dislike the Red Sox more. You can't argue with the Yankees success.
Phillies fans are even more obnoxious than Yankees fans, and New England natives. Both fan bases at least understand baseball. Bandwagon Red Sox fans, the ones that adopted the team after 2004, might be marginally more annoying. Phillies fans have this great mix of unfounded self-entitlement and inferiority complex.

I actually followed my cousin growing up into being a bit of a Braves fan. I guess they were the NL team I rooted for. I remember when they lost to the Yankees in the World Series...ugh.
Don't get me wrong, I still hate them, especially Uggla.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

It's more about how they dubbed Camden Yards, "Fenway South" and invade the stadium. There stupid freaking accents and their self-entitlement and inferiority complex. So it isn't that different. I find Philly sports fan hilarious for the most part though. I don't have as much stake in that.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Phillies fans did the same, invading National's Park for every home game. With Philly so close by, it could get really bad. That ended last year, of course. There was a take back the park promotion for the first series against the Phillies in April, before the Nats even really began filling up the stadium.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

On a scale of 0 to 56... How bored?
:shootme

Phillies fans did the same, invading National's Park for every home game. With Philly so close by, it could get really bad. That ended last year, of course. There was a take back the park promotion for the first series against the Phillies in April, before the Nats even really began filling up the stadium.
Angelos wouldn't allow such a thing to be acknowledged. He's too busy taking their money and selling their jerseys. That's why he's definitely against a balanced schedule, if we were ever to suck again...which is an inevitability.

But there was less invading going on here late in the seasons anyway.
 
Last edited:

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Does he really sell Red Sox jersey's? That's insane :confused
At National's Park they only sell Nat's gear, and Expos retro hats.

The Red Sox have a national fanbase, their are herds of fans in every city. You're just unlucky enough to live in another AL East city. I see almost as many people here wearing Red Sox hats as Nationals. More than Orioles, even though the Orioles have a long standing fanbase here. The Red Sox and Yankees fans don't need to travel, they have local chapters. The only teams in baseball that applies to, IMO.
 

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Does he really sell Red Sox jersey's? That's insane :confused
At National's Park they only sell Nat's gear, and Expos retro hats.

The Red Sox have a national fanbase, their are herds of fans in every city. You're just unlucky enough to live in another AL East city. I see almost as many people here wearing Red Sox hats as Nationals. More than Orioles, even though the Orioles have a long standing fanbase here. The Red Sox and Yankees fans don't need to travel, they have local chapters. The only teams in baseball that applies to, IMO.
Yeah, there were times they did that during Yankees and Red Sox games. There's also this bogus thing they do where they charge you extra if you buy your ticket on walk up instead of in advance. You can't even fill the lower deck, and you're going to charge some random person extra money if he's downtown and wants to go to a game? Ridiculous. And don't even get me stated about how their only showing 6 Spring Training games. Did you know that MASN is extra money on your bill that you can't even opt out of? For Comcast at least. What exactly is that money going to when you can't watch even half of the Spring games? Lol.

Oh sure, there are bandwagoning fans down here. Put it wouldn't go on to the extent it has if we hadn't sucked for 15 years.
 

Kaiten

Harasho
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Aug 20, 2007
Messages
27,293
Reaction score
15,166
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Yeah, there were times they did that during Yankees and Red Sox games. There's also this bogus thing they do where they charge you extra if you buy your ticket on walk up instead of in advance. You can't even fill the lower deck, and you're going to charge some random person extra money if he's downtown and wants to go to a game? Ridiculous. And don't even get me stated about how their only showing 6 Spring Training games. Did you know that MASN is extra money on your bill that you can't even opt out of? For Comcast at least. What exactly is that money going to when you can't watch even half of the Spring games? Lol.
Angelos needs the Orioles for personal income. That's why they never sign free agents. After winning 93 games, it's insane that they could not sign any quality players to bolster the line up. No one expects superstars, the Orioles have plenty of home grown stars (how it should be), but good players to solidify the team. For a team that struggled, at times, with run production, adding to the line up should have been essential.

Refusing walk up tickets is strange, especially in the Stubhub era. Selling opponent merchandise at home games is even stranger. Cash grabs. No surprise he won't pay the Nationals fair market. And he's too short sighted to sell MASN, which is worth billions.

Oh sure, there are bandwagoning fans down here. Put it wouldn't go on to the extent it has if we hadn't sucked for 15 years.
Right, same here. We had no baseball when the Red Sox became a bandwagon team. It takes time for expansion teams, and teams that moved from elsewhere, to put down roots. A lot of Red Sox fans developed while the National's were new to the area.
 
Last edited:

xi0

あの術
最終形態 / Saishuu Keitai / Final Form
Administrator
Joined
Feb 3, 2006
Messages
65,183
Reaction score
30,232
Gender
Male
Country
Pyke
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

He pockets a lot more from running MASN than the revenue from the team I think. If he was stupid enough to tie his standard of living to the money made from the team so much so that he can't sign talent...then whatever. I just see it as greed.
 

thornofcarrion

The Original
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
11,706
Reaction score
5,872
Gender
Male
Country
Pakistan
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Don't know, don't care
Are you saying you don't care about OP :arf? Are you a tard? Seriously?

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

You have android handset or tab?
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Hey Gary, have you heard of any foreign students working programs in Baltimore? I'm planning to go next year, I don't know if I could pick a place though, I think they find me a job and I go there.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Hey Gary, have you heard of any foreign students working programs in Baltimore? I'm planning to go next year, I don't know if I could pick a place though, I think they find me a job and I go there.
good night nurse...adi is really coming to the states

:faint
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

good night nurse...adi is really coming to the states

:faint
Probably. xD I mean it's not impossible... I just have to have some funds, so I can rent wherever they send me. I also have to be approved first. And interviewed after that. And above all, I need to be a student. xD But if all goes according to plan, I'll be in the US next summer. ^^ I hope I can be anywhere at least one of you guys, so I could visit someone.
 

gnut

Registered User
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2010
Messages
11,490
Reaction score
18,519
Age
52
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

Probably. xD I mean it's not impossible... I just have to have some funds, so I can rent wherever they send me. I also have to be approved first. And interviewed after that. And above all, I need to be a student. xD But if all goes according to plan, I'll be in the US next summer. ^^ I hope I can be anywhere at least one of you guys, so I could visit someone.
im sure we will make it happen..cause like me...this will probably be a once in a lifetime thing to travel like that.lord knows I do not see in the near future of me traveling abroad...maybe when im old and retired...if I make it that long

:pout
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: lawlett-kun thread.

I hope I do that and I hope it won't be a one time experience. I'm not sure, but I think I can go on such a program more than once. So you'll have more than one opportunity to meet me. ^^

And this is just plan talk. I'm not sure about all of this. I'm only sure of wanting to go.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top