Off to the Next One

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Hi Adi-chan! How's work going? :)
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

GoldB! :hug

Work's going well, I'm slowly gettinh better. ^^
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

I want to see that! :zomg
It will be quite a weird.. bloodbath. :derp
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Weird? :zomg

You know, I'll continue like this forever, so... :XD
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Like this... what exactly? You lost me there.
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

GoldB! :hug

Work's going well, I'm slowly gettinh better. ^^
I hope they're not working you too hard :worrybunny and hope you're enjoying it and learning loads of interesting stuff. :)
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Like this... what exactly? You lost me there.
Well I don't know if you've noticed, but I kept repeating what you said, ending with ":zomg". :XD

I hope they're not working you too hard :worrybunny and hope you're enjoying it and learning loads of interesting stuff. :)
Nah, it's not too hard. I'm not really learning anything interesting... xD Sometimes there are interesting articles, but they usually aren't what I need, so.. I don't really get into reading them. But I'm... starting to get quicker, getting to understand things more and more, I also encounter new words I've never heard about... But the articles that I need to find... don't really interest me. :D But it's good for my English, I guess, so... Oh, I'm also learning not to be nervous, to do things at a good pace... And it's always a good thing to be near people... It's also fun there, the people are nice. ^^

Oh, gawd I wrote too much. :fail
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Guess you are picking up some useful things after all :amuse Do you get given a number a articles to find everyday or week? How does your day to day job role work?

You wrote ALOT! :hee
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

It's articles a day, there kinda is a number, but there can be related articles, which don't count... It's something like... 5-6 articles in 4 sections. There's also a related section.

My day to day job... I start around 8 am, visit a site to make searches by codes. When I find an appropriate article, I put it in the correct folder, then the article has to be formatted (headline and lead paragraph). There are specific rules I have to follow about the articles and formatting. I usually do two newsletters out of three, the person who's leading me makes one, while making others. At around 2:50 PM we stop searching and send the newsletters. They have to be sent by 3 PM (8 AM American time). And then I'm done. ^^

It's really nothing hard, I just have to pay attention not to include articles in the wrong sections or ones that aren't needed at all, also about the formatting. I stopped being nervous after 2-3 days, but today the person who helps me came to the office to work from there. And I was kinda nervous. :D But it went well.

Wrote a lot again. :bored
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

It's articles a day, there kinda is a number, but there can be related articles, which don't count... It's something like... 5-6 articles in 4 sections. There's also a related section.

My day to day job... I start around 8 am, visit a site to make searches by codes. When I find an appropriate article, I put it in the correct folder, then the article has to be formatted (headline and lead paragraph). There are specific rules I have to follow about the articles and formatting. I usually do two newsletters out of three, the person who's leading me makes one, while making others. At around 2:50 PM we stop searching and send the newsletters. They have to be sent by 3 PM (8 AM American time). And then I'm done. ^^

It's really nothing hard, I just have to pay attention not to include articles in the wrong sections or ones that aren't needed at all, also about the formatting. I stopped being nervous after 2-3 days, but today the person who helps me came to the office to work from there. And I was kinda nervous. :D But it went well.

Wrote a lot again. :bored
The first few days of a new job are always a bit tense and nerving. I remember I felt so uncomfortable answering the phone in my office, as I felt every would be listening to my every word to make sure I was being "correct". Even when I started to do phone interviews, I used to wait til someone else was on the phone so I could also start calling :fail but now I'm alot of more comfortable, plus I now I have to get the work done; so once you get that mindset you'll be fine.

Sounds like a pretty chilled out job, hopefully it keeps going this smooth for you. :bmgai
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Yep, it's a nice job. ^^ Thanks!

Oh, and I'm feeling weird about things... I can't seem to get myself do normal stuff like drinking water from the water in the office, I even felt weird about going to the toilet at first. xD I couldn't, I also couldn't visit other sites and use my normal Skype (I use a work-related one there), I dunno, I feel like they're things I shouldn't be doing. xD Can't answer my phone too. I still haven't drank from the water there, still don't answer my phone, I even kept it away in my bag at first. I started using other sites just yesterday... Eating from yesterday too.

I'm weird. xD
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Yep, it's a nice job. ^^ Thanks!

Oh, and I'm feeling weird about things... I can't seem to get myself do normal stuff like drinking water from the water in the office, I even felt weird about going to the toilet at first. xD I couldn't, I also couldn't visit other sites and use my normal Skype (I use a work-related one there), I dunno, I feel like they're things I shouldn't be doing. xD Can't answer my phone too. I still haven't drank from the water there, still don't answer my phone, I even kept it away in my bag at first. I started using other sites just yesterday... Eating from yesterday too.

I'm weird. xD
Yup that's weird but like I said it takes time to get comfortable in a new environment. My advantage is that I knew all the office managers from before and used to stop by the office from time to time. I'm quite comfortable around them, we have a very relaxed work atmosphere, and though I never answer my phone during work hours, I do send texts when I can. During my hour break, I can do whatever I want. But even during office hours, I always have my facebook page open and sometimes MH too. Unless I REALLY need to put my head down and concentrate.

Just take it slowly to get used to it, and this'll be a good chance for you to broaden your horizons and maybe make new friends. One step at a time. We all adjust to things at different paces :bmgai
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

^^

Such wise words.

Okay, gonna work hard!
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Well I don't know if you've noticed, but I kept repeating what you said, ending with ":zomg". :XD
Oh. OH!
Actually I just noticed. Ahahaha~ :sweat
Sometimes my mind is just too full with various things until I fail to notice many things. :p
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Don't worry! :hug I can be confusing, I guess. :XD

I don't have anything to say now. ._.
 

yukihime03

MH Senpai
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jun 5, 2011
Messages
4,649
Reaction score
1,475
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Indonesia
Re: Happy New Year, everyone!!! Честита Нова Година! ^^

Run out of topics, eh?

I think it's more because no one really visits MZ these days...
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: My one vice is I'm too nice... and my weakness is that I care too much

:zomg...great minds think alike....

now seriously....I know how hard it is to say NO to the people you like/love :faint
 

Adorien

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 9, 2008
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
7,525
Age
34
Gender
Female
Country
Bulgaria
Re: My one vice is I'm too nice... and my weakness is that I care too much

I know! :bored

So many people took advantage of me. ._. Classmates, people I didn't like a lot. Even my ex-best friend! :arf

I have learned though a bit. :noworry
 

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: My one vice is I'm too nice... and my weakness is that I care too much

You need to be tougher. Come to UK, we'll teach you :bmgai

Also ex-best friend??? there's always a story there, so pray tell please :amuse
 

Dried Ambrosia

A Symphony For Your Taste Buds
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 21, 2011
Messages
2,659
Reaction score
5,929
Gender
Female
Country
Buy Moria
Re: My one vice is I'm too nice... and my weakness is that I care too much

I know! :bored

So many people took advantage of me. ._. Classmates, people I didn't like a lot. Even my ex-best friend! :arf

I have learned though a bit. :noworry
that's my girl :chu

why do we have ex-best friends? :arf (same problem)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top