Info - Official Fanbook Volume 23.5 | Page 2 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Info Official Fanbook Volume 23.5

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Well, the profiles usually expand on things that happened in the manga and since Medanore has barely even appeared so far, any profile he could've had probably wouldn't have given us almost any meaningful information anyway.

iceemperor

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Out of curiosity, what is Japan's reaction to the contents? Are they satisfied with what we got, are they disappointed that some aspects from 10.5 are missing in 20.5, happy about what was added (there is a little more trivia after all) or, like you, feel this shouldn't have been released at all if it was going to have these specific contents?

Also, how do you feel this compares to PoT 20.5 in the context of PoT 10.5 and 40.5?
Japan is rather satisfied for the most part. My opinion is a rather unpopular opinion. Now that we actually got some stats in the previous book, I've become "spoiled" to it and would prefer they do this in every subsequent installment but most people like the information in this book as its not only focused on the sport but shows the characters' personalities off-court as well.

Its also worth noting that this book is getting an emergency reprint in the coming weeks.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
New Holycow translations.

As a heads-up, once all profiles from one team have been translated - as is the case now for some - I will start editing and compiling them in the second and subsequent posts of this thread.

Peter Lambiel

He won’t let anything escape from his strategy. The Swiss boast about the embodiment of talent.
(TL note: I’m just calling his move strategy, although it’s more like Method of Strategy manual and that’s just excessive)

Together with Henri, they are masters of doubles. They cultivated their game by using their creative expression the best they can, so no matter how strong the opponent is, he’ll find an appropriate strategy.

“Well then, let me show you my strategy”

U17Wcup Swiss Representative 3rd year hser
Birthday: 03/04 (Aries)
Bloodgroup: O
Family: Father, Mother, Little brother
Hobby: Cryptocurrency transactions
Favorite phrase: Knowledge isn’t only in the truth but also in the mistakes
Favorite color: Crocodile green
Favorite food: Chevre cheese
Favorite date spot: Marchais/Markt
Favorite type: A girl with clear eyes
Bad at: Leaving something to chance
Skills outside of tennis: Cooking, MagicDaily habit during the camp: Checking realtime charts
Length: 178 cm
Weight: 66 kg
Dominant Hand: Left
Playstyle: All rounder
Racket: Wilson Pro Staff 5.5 Stretch
Shoes: Sergio Tacchini Ftu38204

(Pic: Peter doing a racket spin)
Being able to handle the racket with one limb, he has mastered control.

(Pic: Peter calling out to Henri)
Being able to open Henri’s difficult heart, he’s the lubricant of the team.
(TL note: think of it like the oil that smoothens the team ’-’)

Belongings inspection by Randy
Travel bag
Notebook
I secretely booted it up once, but on the password entry screen there was “Mistakes will make me explode”. I wonder what’s in there…

He crushes all the opponents by feeling!!
Cheerful and sociable, he can match the wavelength of enemy and foe.
Although sometimes he feels a bit bad for defeating the opponent’s pride.
(TL note: He feels bad for defeating them in the thing they’re the best at)

His power tennis is at the highest peak! Aiming at the top with Bulk Up!!
Albert Federer

He boasts of being the Swiss’ team’s (1) absolute power. Before he played Randy, he was called ‘the red storm that blazed across Bern, the stuff of legends.

“Let’s do that, Randy”

Birthday: 07/06 (Gemini)
Family: Father, Mother, Little sister, Dog
Hobby: Muscle training, Alphorn
Favorite food: Sunny-side up fried eggs and toast
Favorite type: An attentive girl
Length: 195 cm
Weight: 89 kg
Dominant Hand: Right
Skills: Bulk

Tenipedia: Chitose Senri
We talked when we saw him at the movie theatre.
It seems he got into muscle training because he admired an anime character.

No muscle, no tennis! We are the power of the Swiss!!
Randy Pug

Together with Albert they are two matchless power players.
Despite flourishing in MMA, after meeting Albert he was determined to devote himself to tennis.

“What shall we do Albert? Shall we do that?”

Birthday: 07/09 (Virgo)
Bloodgroup: A
Family: Father, Mother, Little sister, Little brother Dog
Hobby: Muscle training
Favorite color: Tyrolean red
Favorite type: A new cap
Length: 190 cm
Weight: 90 kg
Skills: Bulk
Playstyle: Agressive baseliner

Messages to Randy!

Duke: I felt bottomless power. Next time, let’s do singles.

Kai: That cap…is it the illusionary limited brand? The Swiss are so…

Oni Yuujirou

While his true power equals that of Byodoin, he remained at the training camp to raise the efforts. He’s a leading figure towards his juniors and fosters a bond with the middle schoolers. In a match he becomes like a demon who defeats the opponent like hero.
(TL note: He remained at the camp to raise the camps standards, like why he stayed at 5th court to kinda weed out the weaklings. He looks like a demon, but his actions are heroic.)

“Let’s have fun together”

U17Wcup Japan Representative 3HSER
Birthday: 26/10 (Scorpio)
Family: Grandmother, Mother, Little sister
Hobby: Playing guitar, making plushies
Favorite phrase: The demon’s iron club (means: To be invincible)
Favorite color: Red
Favorite food: Ginkgo nuts
Favorite book: Picture books, children books
Favorite type: Someone who likes children
Favorite Date spot: Free market
Most wanted thing right now: A new cage for his hamster
Bad at: Crying children
Skills outside of tennis: Crocheting plushies
Daily habit during the camp: Watering the flowers at the Japanese representatives lodge.
Length: 187 cm
Weight: 83 kg
Skills: Black Jack knife, Ten balls hit, Tenimuhou no Kiwami
Playstyle: All Rounder
Racket: Fischer Magnetic Tour 100
Shoes: Head ad, apt_1105.t (A0555)

(Pic: Oni returning a ball)
He can freely manipulate the likes of “Ten balls hit” and Tenimuhou no Kiwami", the amount of hidden potential he has is unknown. Captain Byodoin places his trust in him as one of the most stable representatives.
(TL note: He has the best sense of stability, mostly referring to his mental instead of physical balance I gather)

p.93

(Pic: Oni talking to Tokugawa)
He says a single word to Tokugawa after his loss, which shows his kindness and consideration towards his juniors.

The framework that supports the Japanese representatives with his experience!
Contrary to his harsh appearance, his heart is filled with consideration for his environment. For the sake of Japane becoming the world’s No1, he appears to put in great efforts, and on the other hand, appears to be a great leader. That chivalrous spirit attracts a lot of people.
(TL notes: lit. Attracts a lot of attention of people who idolize him basically)

(Pic: Oni playing against Byoudoin.)
The battle against Byoudoin where they were evenly matched. Despite their different beliefs, they are worthy opponents that mutually encourage eachother.

(Pic: Oni playing Tooyama)
By playing this match, he recalled once again that playing tennis is fun, and he has high hopes of Kintarou. His supportive nature is also fiery.
(TL note: I think it says the way he supports is fiery? He’s also passionate like Kinchan and wants to support him.

In his heart is a sweltering heat! In order to obtain the world, the fierce god ressurects!!
(TL note: Demon god is also possible if you want to be very literally)

Belongings inspection by Momoshiro Takeshi
Travel bag
A lot of Australian sweets
I saw you buying a lot of sweets during christmas. It’s a present for the children huh.

Tenipedia: Nakagauchi
I got arrested by the police and questioned cause of that bastard
That bastard tempted me and for a moment he looked serious…Oni, you’ll better pay me the fighting money without fail.
(TL note: Like…hire money I’d say….)

Messages to Oni!

Duke: I heard you could keep up with the death struggle against the head. I wish I could’ve seen it with my own eyes.

Tooyama Kintarou: The match I had with old man Oni was super fun! Promise you’ll play me again!

Shishido Ryou: When I saw the two of them glaring at eachother in the elevator I was surprised. The impact of the highschoolers is amazing…

Pleasant backstreet boy: Become Japan’s number 1 player and then come play with us again!
(TL note: Happy lane boy? It’s a good kid.)

Kikumaru Eiji
1. Seigaku 3 MSER
2. 28/11 (Saggitarius)
3. A
4. 171 cm/53 kg
Hobby: Strolling through petshops, brushing his teeth
Most wanted thing right now: Koala plushie
Bad with: Going to the toilet at night, The dressing room in the winter
Daily habit during the camp: Going to everyone’s room to play

Tenipedia: Oishi Syuichirou
The day before the tournament, I wanted to buy new shoes, but I didn’t have money because Eiji was begging me in tears to lend him 80 yen. Since then a lot of time has passed…Hey Eiji, about those 80yen…ah well, don’t worry about it, ahaha…
(TL note: Oishi how much do you think shoes cost ’-’)

Kawamura Takashi
1. Seigaku 3 MSER
2. 18/11 (Scorpio)
3. A
4. 180 cm/70 kg
Favorite book: Cooking book
Favorite date spot: Fish market
Skills outside of tennis: Making kanpyou, Seaweed rolls
Daily habit during the camp: Experimenting with Californian rolls

Tenipedia: Momoshiro Takeshi
It seems he doesn’t only make sushi, but he can also make all the Japanese cuisine! The other day we ate chikuzenni, the taro and the burdock were soft and the seasoning was perfect! So tasty!

Kaido Kaoru
1. Seigaku 2 MSER
2. 11/05 (Taurus)
3. B
4. 174 cm/57 kg
Favorite phrase: Even raindrops can pierce stones
Favorite type: A girl who eats her dinner with gusto
Most wanted thing right now: Seigaku’s second nationals trophy
Daily habit during the camp: Sending postcards to his family

Tenipedia: Inui Sadaharu
Recently, he went to a small-time candy store for the first time. His eyes glittered at the sauce cutlets, the fruit mochi and the retro sweets. When he respectfully greeted the old shop owner, he looked impressive.
(TL note: I can’t really distuinguish whether Inui went with Kaido or was just spying on them. I prefer the spying part.)

Momoshiro Takeshi
1. Seigaku 2 MSER
2. 23/07 (Leo)
3. O
4. 172 cm/60 kg
Favorite color: Red, pink
Favorite food: Ebikatsu burger, Berry berry cocoparfait, honey lemon squash
Skills outside of tennis: Breaking roof tiles (25 is his personal best), Trump (Doubt)
(TL note: Doubt is the Japanese name of the card game Cheat in english. Its playstyle is kind of like trump)

Tenipedia: Oshitari Yuushi
It seems he can quickly figure out the different kinds of perfume people wear. He doesn’t know the brand, but when he smells the scent he says “This smell is Atobe-san’s” as if it’s usual. That nose is really effective, it’s kind of scary.

Tachibana Kippei
1. Fudoumine 3 MSER
2. 15/08 (Leo)
3. O
4. 179 cm/67 kg
Favorite phrase: Hard working persons don’t betray
Most wanted thing right now: Earthenware pot
Skills outside of tennis: Ironing, Rotary Daikon cutting, Searching for Chitose
Daily habit during the camp: Translating english for his juniors

Tenipedia: Yanagi Renji
The other day, they met by chance in a character shop, and Tachibana gave the last ‘Rabbitdog’ handkerchief to Genichirou. Tachibana seemed to have bought it for his little sister. Thank you for that.
(TL note: I’m kinda sure this is what it said, but the grammar was a bit fucky here)

Ibu Shinji
1. Fudoumine 2 MSER
2. 03/11 (Scorpio)
3. AB
4. 166 cm/55 kg
Family: Father, Mother, Little sisterx2, Little brother
Favorite type: Foreigner
Skills outside of tennis: Composition, Flower arrangement, Carving bunnies out of apples
Daily habit during the camp: Cleaning his own room (Doesn’t want to let the hotelman in)

Tenipedia: Kamio Akira
Recently his little brother was born! Congratulations! That Shinji is always muttering, but he’s really happy after all! Ah, seeing how he takes such good care of his little sisters, I think he will be very affectionate towards his little brother!

Kamio Akira
1. Fudoumine 2 MSER
2. 26/08 (Virgo)
3. O
4. 166,5 cm/53 kg
Favorite book: Books about space, Music magazines
Favorite date spot: I want to have a date at the fastfood restaurant after school!
Most wanted thing right now: An idea to surprise Tachibana-san with
Daily habit during the camp: Searching for a Gotochi keyholder

Tenipedia: Ibu Shinji
He’s bad with eyedrops…he isn’t a child anymore. If wish he wouldn’t ask my help if he can’t do it properly himself…In the first place his bangs are so long it covers his eye, shouldn’t cutting it be good…mutter mutter

Mizuki Hajime
1. St. Rudolph 3 MSER
2. 27/05 (Gemini)
3. B
4. 166 cm/51 kg
Bad with: Things becoming dirty, Dust, Pollen (allergies)
Favorite type: If I had to say, someone who has confidence in me
Most wanted thing right now: Rose bath bomb
Daily habit during the camp: Smearing body cream, Getting mad when somebody uses it as they please
(TL note: I think the getting mad refers to the body cream, or it’s a different thing, but getting mad at ppl is already a weird daily habit…Also people who rely on him/have faith in him, same stuff)

Tenipedia: Fuji Yuuta
At the dorms, instead of the dorm mother, he does the night patrol. I’m generally already asleep when Mizuki comes around, but he seems to get angry at Yanagisawa-senpai for making a lot of noise in his room.

Fuji Yuuta
1. St. Rudolph 2 MSER
2. 18/02 (Aquarius)
3. O
4. 172 cm/57 kg
Favorite food: All sweets, Pumpkin curry, The dorm’s omurice (omelette with rice)
Favorite type: Whoever he comes to love will be his type
Skills outside of tennis: Tree climbing, Gaming (gets a highscore at first play)
Daily habit during the camp: Eating pavlova at the kangooroo cafe

Tenipedia: Akazawa Yoshirou
Lately he’s been posting a lot of pictures of pancakes, macarons and sweets on SNS. It seems that those nice display pictures have become popular between the girls.

Now that we actually got some stats in the previous book, I've become "spoiled" to it and would prefer they do this in every subsequent installment but most people like the information in this book as its not only focused on the sport but shows the characters' personalities off-court as well.
Yeah, after letting it sit for a bit, that was my take on it too. What we got this time is actually pretty in line with the PoT books and NPoT 10.5 went in-depth to an unusual degree. That said, the fact that Konomi keeps referencing the stats directly in the story makes me believe the last/next (?) fanbook will include them again. Also, at least for the foreigners I appreciate the profiles for match related purposes too. Even if nothing is new in a strict sense, they expand on the manga in a meaningful way, e.g. by specifying that Henri's flexibility is directly related to spin shots.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
With Randy, do you mean what he wants most is a new cap?

Also, any idea if there are profiles for the US players that only appear without dialogue? Also, if there is anything on Oliver.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Also, any idea if there are profiles for the US players that only appear without dialogue? Also, if there is anything on Oliver.
Technically, all US players have had dialogue, although only one line in most cases. But yeah, they have profiles.

Don't know about the cap thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
And here are the Greeks. Translations by Holycow.

Zeus Iliopoulos

The man who rose to the top of the Greek tennis world at a young age. His serve holds the power to strike with lightning and is definitely not unmanangeable. He hates destructive tennis and prefers a showdown of pure skills.
(TL note: It’s not unmanageable/Zeus can manipulate it despite how wild it is)

“Isn’t repentance good?”

U17Wcup Greece Representatives God of omniscience and omnipotency 1HSER
Birthday: 12/04 (Aries)
Bloodgroup: O (Rh 0)
Family: Grandmother, Grandfather, Father, Mother, Two older brothers, Two older sisters, Younger sister
Hobby: Astronomical observation
Favorite phrase: If you wish upon a star, your dreams will come true
Favorite color: Rainbow-colored
Favorite food: Greek yoghurt
Favorite book: Sky&Telescope’s Pocket Sky Atlas
Favorite type: Anyone
Favorite Date spot: Olympia
Most wanted thing right now: A temple
Bad at: Grandmother
Skills outside of tennis: Weather forecasting
Daily habit during the camp: Looking at the starry sky
Length: 155 cm
Weight: 50 kg
Skills: Having complete control over the match (not a special skill), Olympian Iρις φῶς (Iris posu, lit. Iris’ light)
Playstyle: All of the world
Racket: Prince Thunder Rip
Shoes: Yonex Power Cushion Aerus GC

(Pic: Zeus talking to Tanegashima)
He can dominate the rotation of the ball, let alone the whole match. You can’t win by normal means.
(TL note: He can dominate the rotation, but also the whole match)

(Pic: The sky)
The enemy can taste the despair of a neverending walk through the desert.

The imperturbable pillar that makes sure of the outcome before the match. His nature is certainly transcendal! As a 1st year highschooler, he always maintains composure and rules over old Greece. More than using his foresight, it seems that by the way of tennis, he hopes for the growth of the next generation.

(Pic: Hermes talking to Zeus)
His seniors like Herkales, also respect Zeus by using honorifics. His high quality tennis is an example for people, and the foreign tennis players admire his existence.

(Pic: Zeus)
Unaffected by defeat or being defeated, Zeus became the captain of the Greek. Consequently he holds his composure and praises his opponents who bravely challenge him. Even on the big stage he enjoyes pure and genuine tennis.

He is the manifestation of ideal tennis. The omniscient and omnipotent king of the gods!!

Belongings inspection by Hiyoshi Wakashi
Travel bag
Astronomical telescope
When I went observating the skies with Oishi-san to search for UFOs, there was already a guy there… Predicting your fortune by the movement of the stars, isn’t it a problem in the southern hemisphere?
(TL note: I’m assuming it’s because stars move differently in the southern hemisphere, so Zeus might not be used to it)

Tenipedia: Oshitari Kenya
It seems that rainbow aura was the cause of Shiraishi being cornered.
From Chitose’s analysis, it seems like he converges the aura in his head, and it seems like he is able to read all the movements. Talking about the rainbow, that seems superhuman…

Messages to Zeus!

Yukimura: The god of omniscience and omnipotence huh…That’s not a remark I want to let slide. I wish to have a match one day.
(Holy note: Yukimura stop lmao)

Shiraishi: When I went, I didn’t feel like I could win…I should study the weak points of my Perfect tennis.

Tanegashima: Since my tricks were figured out, I won’t be able to win next time. I can’t help but compare Zeus-sama’s face to Buddha.

Hermes: It’s been a long time since I saw Zeus-sama having so much fun. It was fortuitious that he could play tennis with Tanegashima.

Thalatta Heracles

His hugs with his strong arms are filled with love and affection! Clad in silver light, he’s the hero of Olympos!!

This prominent Greek power player doesn’t rely on power alone, but can skillfully manipulate the bending slice ‘Apelles’ tail, showing his superb technique.

“Mufufufu, I see we’re getting excited”

U17Wcup Greece Representatives God of combat 3HSER
Birthday: 09/08 (Leo)
Family: Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Three older sisters, Dog
Hobby: Cooking
Favorite phrase: You can know a person’s nature by his words
Favorite color: Unbleached
Favorite food: Mango
Favorite type: A cheerful person who smiles a lot
Favorite Date spot: The parthenon temple
Most wanted thing right now: Extra virgin olive oil (Mont Sacer)
Bad at: Rashly hurting someone (’s feelings)
Skills outside of tennis: Superhuman strength, Being generally able to do everything to some extent
Daily habit during the camp: Learning each official language for a match, Grooming his beard
Length: 208 cm
Weight: 118 kg
Skills:
Ἀπελλῆς κέρκος (Apelles Kerkos, lit. Apelles’ tail)
Αντικατοπτρισμός διελκεσται (antikatoptrismos dielkestai, lit. The mirage whispers)
Olympos λευκόἀργόςφῶς (Olympos leukoargiosfos, lit. The silver blinding light of Olympos)
Racket: Dunlop Rimbreed Xl
Shoes: Babolat Drive 2 Omni
(TL note: I couldn’t find the fitting Greek for whispering, so I translated/transcribed directly from the kanji. Leuko is ancient greek for white, so while the kanji does use silverwhite, I translated it as blinding, more fitting to its current use. Silverwhite is also correct though.)

Shedding tears for his opponent, this hero is aiming for peace with his tennis!
With his gentle nature, he’s the perceptive guy that supports Greece from the shadows. Still wishing to meet a worthy opponent, through this tournament, he truely aspires to become friends with all the different players. He praised Oishi’s Japanese spirit for that sake.
(TL note: He met a lot of nationalities/he genuinely wants to become friends)

(Pic: Thalatta hitting a ball)
He wakens his physical ability by using “Silverwhite light of the Olympos”.
Because he doesn’t notice his large build, his body appears to be light.

(Pic: Thalatta crying)
He teared up at hitting Oishi with a ball. Contrary to his harsh appearance, he holds a lot of kindness.

Tenipedia: Zeus
He studied every participating country’s language.
He self-studies those languages to deepen the friendship. It seems he studied Japanese by watching period dramas.

Hermes Kounellis

Greece’s fastest! The man with winged legs!

Always standing next to Zeus as a counselor, his demeanor is gentle. Being called “The God of information” suits his data tennis, and he takes pride in his express speed.

“No matter who, escaping from me is impossible”

U17Wcup Greek Representative God of Information 3rd year hser
Birthday: 31/01 (Aquarius)
Family: Grandmother, Father, Mother, Older sister, Two little sisters
Hobby: Traveling
Daily habit during the camp: Sorting the fanletters for the team
Length: 178 cm

Tenipedia: Chitose Senri
I was focusing on his feet during ‘The amber flame of Olympos’.
With Saiki Kanpatsu no Kiwami, the gist I got is that he focuses his aura on his feet to run rapidly.

Vulcan Lartius

Will it be a victory or a loss! The philosopher of the tennis paradoxes

The god of fire holds interest in switching between paradigmas and free thought with the Japanese players. By asking his opponents to choose between two difficult options, he uses the philosophical tennis as a strategy.
(TL note: he’s a vague mofo)

“I think everyone should have the right to grow by learning”

U17Wcup Greek Representative God of Fire 3rd year hser
Birthday: 25/08 (Virgo)
Bloodgroup: B
Family: Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Older sister, Little brother
Hobby: Reading philosophical books
Favorite food: Slipper lobster
Length: 187 cm
Weight: 75 kg

Messages to Vulcan!

Volk: We talked before the dinner after the interchange matches and it was worth paying attention to their Greek philosophy. It’s an example the pros of the next generation should follow.

Papadopoulos Evangelos

Nimble, light and easy! He bears the supernova of expectations for the next generation of Greece.

When Zeus ascended to high school, he entrusted the newbie the expectation to rule over the middle school world of Greece. Oishi thought his wonderful jump power was breathtaking and world level.

“That serve was so fast that you couldn’t move… Retirement is close”

U17Wcup Greece Representatives 3MSER
Birthday: 03/12 (Sagittarius)
Family: Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Older sister
Hobby: Posting on a video site.
Favorite phrase: Learn, then forget
Favorite color: Emerald green
Favorite food: Egg cheese burger, Barbecue pork burger (McD*nalds)
Favorite book: Lately, Japanese manga
Favorite type: Virtual vocaloid
Most wanted thing right now: A new knit cap
Bad at: Honorifics
Skills outside of tennis: Soccer
Daily habit during the camp: Flirting with the cheerleaders of the other teams.
Length: 169 cm
Weight: 57 kg
Skills: Αντικατοπτρισμός διελκεσται (antikatoptrismos dielkestai, lit. The mirage whispers)
Racket: Dunlop Adforce M1 Tour
Shoes: Prince Aerofit Game VII Ac
(TL note: I couldn’t find the fitting Greek for whispering, so I translated directly from the kanji.)

Is this modern youngster the new hope? His loose tongue is calm and collected.
Despite having little tennis experience, since he was chosen because of his talent, his speech is unreserved and frank. Additionally , he is able to accurately gauge the opponent’s true power because of his pride, matched with his coolness.

(Pic: Evan hitting a ball)
He hits the collaborative shot “The mirage whispers” together with Herakles. Suprisingly, he can read the mood.
(TL note: He can read the moment)

(Pic: Evan doing a blep)
When he saw Ochi’s ultra high speed serve, he had this reaction. He fundamentally has no filter by nature, he’s the type that sticks out his tongue when asked what he thinks of his superiors.
(TL note: He is not doublefaced)

Belongings inspection by Thalatta Herakles
Travel bag
A Japanese game console
He loves Japanese anime and manga, so during the tournament, he bought the latest family use game console and carries it around. I heard he did it to deepen the friendship with the ladies who came to support Japan. Isn’t researching your opponent’s culture and doing exchanges just wonderful?
(TL note: Considering his favorite type is a vocaloid, he might very well just be playing dating sims)

Apollon Stephanopoulos

He’s the sun of darkness that butchers his opponents with wicked techniques.

He’s the descendant of the house of Stephanopoulos with 999 execution methods. Despite his ruthless tennis leaving many unable to recover, he was added as a representative.

“Are you okay brother, that was ‘Stoning’”

U17Wcup Greek Representative 3rd year mser
Birthday: 16/02 (Aquarius)
Family: Grandfather, Grandmother, Mother, Younger brother, Younger sister
Hobby: Hunting
Favorite phrase: A hundred billion stars died in order for us to live
Favorite book: The birth of a tragedy
Length: 186 cm
Weight: 74 kg
Skills: 999 Greek execution methods
CMX III (913): Crushing wishes
CDXXVII (427): Monday’s kiteflying
DLXIV (564): Black panther, over and over

Messages to Apollon!

Tohno
When Europe went through the dark ages, Johan the founder of their household made an oath on the tennis court, and participated in a revolution.

Orion Stephanopoulos

The hunter of the family stained with the blood of criminals.

Together with his brother they are masters of doubles. Calling himself the hunter of tennis, he likes a drawn out contest with torment to the death.

“The Orient’s execution moves are worthy of being feared, right brother!!’

U17Wcup Greek Representative 2nd year mser
Birthday: 14/05 (Taurus)
Family: Grandfather, Grandmother, Mother, Older brother, Older sister
Hobby: Clay pigeon shooting
Favorite food: Pomegranate
Favorite type: His older sister
Length: 184 cm
Weight: 72 kg
Skills: 999 Greek execution methods
CMX III (913): Crushing wishes
CDXXVII (427): Monday’s kiteflying
DLXIV (564): Black panther, over and over

Belongings inspection by Apollon
Travel bag
Night vision goggles
To be able to move freely in the dark, one can’t be negligent in preparing. This is one of the basics of basics of our family.
--- Double Post Merged, ---
So, theory time. One question that came up before was why Vulcan is named after a Roman god rather than the Greek counterpart and I can think of a possible answer now: it might be because Vulcan references more than one thing. With Vulcan's philosophical focus being on paradoxes, it seems to me that the second reference could be the so-called Vulcan Paradox, a point of discussion in the Star Trek community. In Star Trek, the Vulcans are known for making decisions based purely on logic. The paradox, from what I understand, contests that such a being cannot realistically exist because decisions that are only rational would lead to mere survival at best and extinction at worst. I think it's fair to frame that as making decisions based on logic vs making decisions based on one's natural inclinations for our purposes.

What this could mean for Vulcan's playstyle then is that he might present the opponent with two choices as they are about to hit the ball: either the best possible shot according to theory, or the shot the opponent gravitates towards naturally in that situation. It could go a couple different ways from there, either with Vulcan predicting what the opponent is going to choose, leading them to constantly think "If only I had gone for the other option" and dealing psychological damage in the process, or Vulcan might aim to force the opponent to make a conscious choice they wouldn't have to make otherwise, thus delaying their response time and forcing a shot that's worse than either of the two options he presented initially. Or maybe a combination of both, who knows.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
These guys have such large families.

Kind of disturbed with Orion. His favourite type of girl is his older sister :O

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Kind of disturbed with Orion. His favourite type of girl is his older sister :O
In mythology, Orion fell in love with Apollon's twin sister. It's probably in reference to that, but since this Orion is Apollon's brother as well, it turns into incest.

Zeus having problems with his grandmother is also a mythological reference from what I gathered.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Take a wild guess and say their sister's name is Artemis.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
France, as well as Balentien and some special features, by Holycow.

L. Camus De Charpentier

Devoting himself to listen to the voice of tennis, he is the warrior of love carrying the flag of the revoution.
It is said that his appearance would change the tennis world, as the world observed his creative tactics. Leading the individual personalities of the french, he also has a gift for leadership.

“Well then, shall we go together, mon amour?”

U17Wcup France Representatives 3HSER
Birthday: 19/06 (Gemini)
Family: Father, Mother
Hobby: Going on a date (Playing a match, hitting the wall)
Favorite phrase: If you talk about love, you will find love
Favorite color: Rouge
Favorite food: Chocolate, Grape wine
Favorite book: Sleeping beauty
Favorite type: Tennis (His wife)
Favorite Date spot: Mon amour, where shall we go next?
Most wanted thing right now: A trial of love
Bad at: The guts of his racket getting damaged
Skills outside of tennis: Public speaking, Improvisational thatre
Daily habit during the camp: Proposing one time each day
Length: 181 cm
Racket: Bridgestone Calneo 280 Bract1
Shoes: Bridgestone Probeam V Cs

(Pic: Camus with an aura)
Camus whispers to the tennis ball, softly kisses it and drops it. Releasing the ball in midair, his whole body covers his heart like a wall with an aura…The spectators are overwhelmed by the passionate attack.
(TL note: The aura covers him like a wall)

p.201

With his creativity, he’ll change tennis! He’s a bold and kind devoted husband.
Camus says he can hear the voice of tennis. Putting a ring on his racket, calling it “mon amour” and his affectionate playstyle will cut out a new path for as the forefront of the tennis world.

(Pic: Camus crying)
Holding his racket to his chest, he cries…Since tennis is a story of his life, the perspective from which he shows his strengths differs from Tenimuhou.
(TL note: It’s different from tenimuhou because he probably fucks his racket)

(Pic: Camus racketdonning)
He slams his racket to the wall with a racketdon. They seem to be very lovey-dovey.

(Pic: Camus with his racket)
When he raises his hand, flower petals start dancing, and the lines he says make it appear as if he was from a drama. The history of revolutions is shred, suitable to his passionate way of living.

You, through times of health and times of illness- The revolutionary who made a vow of love to tennis.

Belongings inspection by Tristan Bardot
Travel bag
Exchange diary
He records the voice of tennis, and also writes replies to it.That’s to say, it’s all Camus’ handwriting, and if you read it you’ll be moved to tears.

Tenipedia: Q.P
It seems that he made a trip around the world for his honeymoon.
He took his wife (racket) through the whole world. I got multiple reports of witnesses observing him racketdonning in an old castle in southerd Germany.

Messages to Camus!

Prince: If he wasn’t such a passionate guy, this prince wouldn’t leave the captainship of the French representatives to him!

Racket: ……………………………………………………………………… (Falling on smooth, the ring sways in the wind)

Leon: They have the nerve to play completely different tennis than us British. One day we will take our revenge!

Duke: Since I ferried over to Japan, I can still sympathize with those who became my opponents…as expected of Camus. I won’t lose in a match.
(TL note: He basically says “I won’t lose in a match with you, as a kind of general shonen statement "I definitely won’t lose!”, nothing about his actual capabilities)

Tristan Bardot

So beautiful it’s like a crime! A man who passed the tribulation of the banishment to paradise.

Nickname: Handsome man. He’s a tennis player overflowing with charm. Fascinating the audience, he was burdened in the past by his banishment from the tennis world.

“Don’t worry about winning on your own”

U17Wcup French Representatives 3HSER
Birthday: 24/08 (Virgo)
Family: Father, Mother, Older sister
Hobby: Vacations
Favorite phrase: Chose promise, chose due
Favorite color: White, Silver
Favorite food: Selfmade cooking with love
Favorite type: A beautiful person. Yes, you!
Favorite date spot: What’s your favorite date spot? …Ah, I’m surprised, it’s the same as mine!
Bad at: English cooking
Skills outside of tennis: Creative cooking
Daily habit during the camp: Fanservice
Length: 192 cm
Weight: 76 kg
Dominant Hand: Ambidextrous
Playstyle: Serve&Volley
Racket: Prince O³ Speedport Silver Oversize+
Shoes: Prince Prohold Tour Cg

His body and his heart are too handsome!! France’s dandy man!
Holding the spirit of fairplay, he also holds sufficient respect for his juniors. He’s not only a guy that looks attractive, but his mental is also fairly cool.
(TL note: His mental is also attractive)

(Pic: Tristan posing)
He started the posing contest, and crushed it with his partner. Just the vision of him hitting a splendid shot andelegantly sitting down was enough to keep the cheers ringing forever…!

(Pic: Tristan)
While conveying his thanks to Kimijima because of that favor, he proclaims that he will play the match fair and square, with full strength.

Messages to Tristan!

Kimijima: Thanks for that one time. By the way, I didn’t agree with the hardships of your banishment, which is why I arranged for your release beforehand.

Atobe: That guy’s runway…Don’t be captivated by him! The ones who will become the winners of the revolution are us, the Japanese representatives!

Timothée Moreau

Words aren’t necessary- He’ll charm you with his body like avant garde art

Nickname: Parikore (Paris collection). As if he was a model on the runway, he uses his body as a weapon. Despite him being expressionless and silent, he has an audacious charm in posing and tennis!

SFX: Yeah

U17Wcup French Representatives 2HSER
Birthday: 01/07 (Cancer)
Bloodgroup: AB
Family: Father (Mother divorced, lives with older sister)
Hobby: Self coördination
Favorite phrase: Simplicity is the key of true elegance
Favorite color: Black
Favorite food: Water, fruits
Favorite book: Numero Homme
Favorite type: A girl you can feel at ease with
Bad at: Bird poop
Skills outside of tennis: Ballet
Daily habit during the camp: Being the first in the shower
Length: 189 cm
Weight: 68 kg
Dominant Hand: Ambidextrous
Playstyle: Serve&Volley
Racket: Dunlop Aerogel 300
Shoes: Dunlop Rim Professional Wide

With posing only, he can express his feelings and aesthetics!!
He can also express his emotions. Whether it’s Oui or Non, can you read his figure?

(Pic: Timothée posing)
With his fakes, he repeatedly leads the opponent around the nose. And when the shot is decided, as promised, he also chooses a pose!

(Pic: Timothée posing)
There is no need for words or facial expressions. His expressional poses is supplying us with overwhelming information.
(TL note: An overhelming amount?)

Tenipedia: Kite
He was noticed by the fashion world
He was invited by top brands. Surely he’s a fascinating photography subject, he also stimulates one to create.

Edgard Delacroix

He is said to be the compas dying the court in his color!

Towering above the French with his stature, he is a high school player who attracts the attention of everyonebecause of his eccentric hairstyle. His tennis techniques also add up, and he also excells in the arts.

U17Wcup French Representative 2nd year hser
Birthday: 29/04 (Taurus)
Family: Father, Mother,Little brother
Hobby: Creative activities, Talking about the artist’s world
Favorite color: All the colors
Bad at: Stagnation, Tradition
Length: 195 cm
Weight: 82 kg

Osval Delon

J'aime le Japon! The foreign culture loving ninja knight

Nickname: Oja….ru. Since he loves Japan, he wears a ninja hood, thinking it gives him power. His understanding of the Japanese language seems rather unsteady.
(TL note: The hood burdens him with power)

“FunketsusaiJjitsu!”

U17Wcup French Representative 3rd year mser
Birthday: 01/09 (Virgo)
Family: Grandfather, Father, Mother
Hobby: Playing ninja, reading manga
Favorite phrase: Open the civilization
Favorite color: Crimson
Favorite food: Sushi (Truffle rolls)
Favorite type: Yamato Nadeko!
Bad at: Natto, Squid
Skills outside of tennis: Japanese, Calligraphy (A story about himself)
Daily habit during the camp: Rubbing an ink stick
Length: 176 cm
Weight: 62 kg
Playstyle: Counter puncher
Racket: Prince Exo³ Graphite 100
Shoes: Prince TT Light Linear II AC
(TL note: I think his favorite phrase implies that, but otherwise no clue)

Belongings inspection by Sanada Genichirou
Travel bag
An ink brush with the smell of soy sauce
Hm…on this brush, you didn’t dip it in ink but in soy sauce!? You fool!! Hurry up and rinse it off!!

Jonathan St. Georges

The pretty boy silently blooming in the garden of tennis

As if its a doll, his evenly cut bobhair is the distinctive trait of this middle schooler. His stature might be small, but there’s no doubt that his real power was the reason for being chosen as a French representative.

U17Wcup French Representative 2nd year mser
Birthday: 24/02 (Pisces)
Family: Mother, Older sister
Hobby: Poetry, Swimming
Favorite food: Eclair, Tarte tatin
Favorite book: Poetry by Verlaine
Length: 149 cm
Weight: 43 kg
Playstyle: Counter puncher

Prince Ludovic Chardard

He is a descendant from a noble lineage! He’s the prince on the white horse!!

Lending to his noble lineage, he was born as a genuine prince. By nature he boasts a lot and is haughty. Even on a horse he can manipulate the racket and he holds subtle skills.

“Daring to hit a ball at a prince, what a rude person you are…”

U17Wcup French Representative 1st year mser
Birthday: 13/06 (Gemini)
Family: Grandfather, Grandmother, Father, Mother, Uncle, Aunt
Hobby: Taking long rides on his favorite horse
Favorite color: Pure white
Favorite food: Brioche, Pièce Montée
Favorite type: A girl who looks good with braids.
Favorite date spot: He can buy any date spot where he wants to go
Thing he wants the most right now: That girl’s support
Bad at: Common people, Dried plum
Skills outside of tennis: Fencing, Ballroom dancing
Daily habit during the camp: Taking care of his favorite horse
Length: 163 cm
Weight: 54 kg
Racket: Prince Tour Approach DB OS
Shoes: Prince Aerofit Game VI HC

Messages to Prince!

Ryoma: Despite him being able to play tennis from horseback, he didn’t notice that he showed cowardice from his back. You still have lot’s to work on.
(TL note: Either its the above, or either its Ryoma being afraid, but I don’t think he’d admit that?)

Camus: By nature he’s impatient and a little hopeless prince, but he’s a good guy. He also shares the sentiment of the revolution.

Kiko Balentien
Friendly and easy going!! America’s mood maker!

Being one of the smallest between the American representatives, It was only natural that Kiko was chosen as representative for the sake of winning the tournament. His passion and love he harbors for tennis, he exudes by his energetical way of speech and conduct.

“Apachoo!”

U17wcup American Representative 1HSER
Birthday: 02/07 (Cancer)
Family: Father, Mother, Older sister, Older brother
Hobby: Guitar
Favorite phrase: Take it easy
Favorite color: Hazel
Favorite food: Hashed potato
Favorite book: Breakfast at Tiffany’s
Favorite type: Audrey Hepburn
Bad at: Chupacabra
Skills outside of tennis: Arcade shooting games
Daily habit during the camp: Doing Apachoo with Ryoga
Length: 172 cm
Weight: 64 kg
Playstyle: Counter Puncher
Racket: Head youtek Ig Extreme Pro
Shoes: Asics Gel-Resolution 3

Behind his friendly smile, there’s also a severe side…?
His usual demeanor is bright, and he has a strong, care free impression. However, that composure, he’s the type of talented person that survived through the countless stars of America’s society with his true power, as he hides pride and self confidence on the other side.
(TL note: stars, america, what even is happening in this sentence)

Tenipedia: Ralph
It seems he held a competition with Ryoma
It seems he can get a better score than Ryoma at the gun shooting game if he gets serious. I don’t know who won though.

(Pic: Kiko talking to Ryoma)
He guessed Ryoma’s doubts in an instant and saw him off with encouragement. He never forgets to respect the strong.

(Pic: Kiko)
While waiting for the picking of the candidates for the American representatives from 24 names in the nest of the warriors, he was anxious for the isolated Ryoma who was tossed into it.(TL note: Ryoma who is isolated from his homecountry)

An animals paradise! The U17 World is held in Australia! Lets let the players introduce their pets!!

Swiss representative
Albert Federer
Dog
Before the tournament, I took him out every evening to walk and run. The dog at Randy’s house is a sibling.

French representative
Prince Ludovic Chardard
White horse
I was gifted this horse by my father for my 7th birthday. I decided that only the one who I’d spend my life would be allowed to ride on its back…

German representative
A. Frankensteiner
A little bird and a squirrel
During recess, a little bird stopped on my head and a squirrel on my shoulder. Even if I moved, they didn’t want to let go, so I took both of them home. Nika~
(TL note: Idk what that nika is)

Greek representative
Thalatta Herackles
Dog (The image is that of a Dachshund)
His name is Apelles. He’s a healthy pupper. I really love the way he wags his tail when I come home, that’s why I called my special skills after him.

Australian representative
Mac Mcgregor
Cat
Lipton is the name we gave this lady. We take a lot of videos and pictures of her and project her on screens, isn’t she cute?
(TL note: Can’t distuinguish if shes a cat movie star or not)

Japanese representatie
Sengoku Kiyosumi
Squirrel monkey
She’s our house’s idol! At first she was all over me, but since I’m not home, I was visited by her.
(TL note: Weird and hecky sentence, but I thought itd be cute if she came to visit Sen?)

Atobe: Isn’t everyone cute. Anyway, every country is the winner! Be glad!

U17: Members of the parakeet lover club
Jean: There are a lot of wild parakeets here. Isn’t that fun?
Kite: I’m familiar with sighting them in Japan. However, our bird is the best.

Kaburiel’s overwintering plan No.532
Shiraishi: In Australia, it’s common to have many big bugs. They’re big and strong because of the plentiful nutrition. If we had the same environment here, then surely…

Pressing interview!
Each nation’s captain heart throbbing strategy manual (mini!)
This time’s special issue will teach you how to seduce the captains of each country. Let’s survey them about the passions of love!

Q1 Teach us your philosophy on love!

Atobe Keigo (Japan MSER)
If they are beside ore-sama, someone who feels prideful
(TL note: someone who is proud of being next to Atobe? Lol u achieved something girl)

Byoudoin Houo (Japan)
I’ll just steal any woman I want!

L. Camus De Charpentier (France)
Love…that is the light of the world…That is tennis.

Amadeus (Switzerland)
With a lover, every day is richer.

Jean Fitzgerald (Australia)
A lover is a good life partner.

Ralph Rhinehart (America)
Ahaha, let’s leave it to your imagination.

Zeus Iliopoulos (Greece)
Someone who needs me, that could satisfy me.
(TL note: Someone who can satisfy him or he can satisfy??? That last part is hecky.)

Q2 Do you have a lover now?
Yes: 2
No: 4
Something else: 1
Tennis: 1
There are players currently in love. It seems some had the power and view to enter tennis as their lover.
(TL note: some had the opinion that tennis is a lover)

Q3 What could a woman give you as a present that would impress you?

A plaster bust of me
A plaster bust elaborately modeled after my upper half.
If the details are well crafted, I want it to decorate my house. (Zeus)

Valentine chocolate
In our country, the boys give chocolate to the girls on valentine. I would be surprised and happy. (R.R.)

A moving letter.
A nice and warm letter would be nice if I felt down.
I’d be grateful if you continued watching me play.
(Name withheld)
(TL note: A letter with nice and warm fluffy contents)

Postcript: We were really surprised by the global result, but please use this as reference when you attack the captains!

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I have the same birthday as Edgard.

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Edgard: " The compas dying the court in his color!". Kirihara-like playstyle foreshadowing?

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Edgard: " The compas dying the court in his color!". Kirihara-like playstyle foreshadowing?
Yeah, I wonder about that too. It definitely sounds like Kirihara, but also seems to be more than just red/blood? The fact that he's interested in artists on top of that makes me think there's more to it. Maybe he paints on the court similar to that one guy from Baby Steps?

Hardy

Mangahelper
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Basque Country
Yeah, I wonder about that too. It definitely sounds like Kirihara, but also seems to be more than just red/blood? The fact that he's interested in artists on top of that makes me think there's more to it. Maybe he paints on the court similar to that one guy from Baby Steps?
I think that's the match I liked the least by a good margin, so I hope not.

Him having his own devil mode could be nice for both Yanagi and Kirihara.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Oof I was hoping for at least some stats at least for the lesser players if not Amadeus.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Tezuka's profile, translated by Imperfekti.

“Is it okay if I’ll enjoy this a bit more?”

Favourite food: unacha (a dish with eel carefully broiled in soy-based sauce), Räucheraal (smoked eel)
Favourite book: German-Japanese-German dictionary (to carry with him)
Preferred type of person: Trying not to think about it at the moment.
Preferred date spot: Zugspitze *1
Most wanted item: a mountain model kit
Things he’s bad at/with: being idle, colourful cakes
Skill outside tennis: woodworking, preparing fish for cooking
Routine during tournament: keeping a diary in German, watching foreign comedy-dramas.

DATA

Height: 179cm
Weight: 61kg

Aiming at the world with the Tezuka Zone that leads the ball to him, and Tezuka Phantom that sends them out.
(On picture: “Kunimitsu isn’t moving even one step?”)

Tezuka freely manipulates a superhuman skill that collects power to his left hand and doubles everything, the Hyakuren jitoku no kiwami.
(On picture: “Hyakuren jitoku no kiwami!?”)

Even in front of the world’s strongest, an unshakeable resolve!
Even in his position as the only Asian person in the team, Tezuka doesn’t waver. He finds joy in pushing forward on the path he believes in, as he has a firm objective in his heart.

Solemn and disciplined training keeps piling up during his days as Volk’s training partner. Obediently absorbing the pro’s advice, Tezuka’s evolution is solid.
(On pictures: “Yes.” “Thank you very much.”)

In the exhibition matches before the World Cup, Tezuka saw Fuji’s resolution right in front of his eyes. He looks forward to competing against him in the main tournament as friends and formidable enemies. *2
(On picture: ‘I was always waiting… for the real you.’ “Fuji, let’s meet in the main tournament…”)

At first, people made light of Tezuka (‘There’s an Asian in the reigning German team!´), but he’s now at a level where people are being vigilant of him. Tezuka’s merits are starting to be recognised in the world.
(On picture: “If you underestimate that Asian, you’re in for a painful experience.”)
Beyond the imagined future - the released challenger!

Personal Belongings Check by E. Siegfried: Travel Bag Edition - Japanese tea

“You have green tea? That Japanese guy, he dissolved strange green powder in water and drank it. I tasted it just out of curiosity, but… it was pretty good.”

Tenipedia - Bismark’s Edition!

It seems like Frankensteiner is teaching him German.
As the same middle schooler like Kunimitsu, they’ve become partners in language study. They seem to be getting along, but… what are those two silent people talking about?

Messages to Tezuka

“Kunimitsu’s real strength hasn’t bloomed yet. Don’t overlook training your lower body, and keep accumulating more experience.” (Volk)

“Getting to play with you in the exhibition match was lucky. I found out what I had been lacking.” (Atobe)

“I should create my own guidepost… You taught me that, Tezuka. You’re always one step ahead, but I’m going to surpass you.” (Fuji)

“Kunimitsu Tezuka, you will become a great asset for the Siegmund company. I’m expecting things of you.” (Pupke)

History of the prince
Well trained seeker of the way heads forward!!

Pass the baton and aim for professional!
Entrusted to become the “pillar” by Yamato, Tezuka sacrificed himself to lead Seigaku to national victory. Having completed everything he needed to do, he runs towards the dream held from his childhood.

(On picture: “Tezuka-kun… I’d like you to become the pillar of Seigaku tennis club.”)
(On picture: “How long have you guys been playing tennis! The racket is not for meant for hurting people!”)

Disappointed by the thoughtless senpai, Tezuka once thought of quitting the club. However, due to Yamato-buchou’s words, an awareness of being a pillar started to bud.

VS Atobe
(On picture: “Tezuka was willing to go for a long match on purpose!”)
In the first match of Kantou tournament, the two captains fight each other. Even when his weakness becomes visible, Tezuka does not retreat even one step.

(On picture: “Te… Tezuka!?”)
Close to the end of long-drawn battle, Tezuka’s shoulder reaches its limit and screams. Without a choice, Tezuka is forced to devote himself to medical treatment.
All sacrifices are for the sake of the promise made on that day!

Being face to face with his own self during the rehabilitation in Kyuushuu, a firm force of will is cultivated.

VS Sanada
In the first match of the decisive national finals, Tezuka plunges into an extreme head-on fight. Continuing to use his technique despite his hurting elbow, Tezuka fixated on Seigaku’s nationals victory even if it meant sacrificing his left arm.
(On picture: “The winner will be us Seigaku! And then Seigaku’s era will start once again!”)
He has chosen Germany - next for the blue flame

VS Kaidou
(On picture: “What’s wrong, Kaidou. Is this the extent of your tennis?”)
As a captain, Tezuka gives Kaidou, the Seigaku tennis club’s next leader, his last teachings.
To become stronger than anyone - chasing one’s dreams!

VS Yamato
(On picture: “I want you to fight only for yourself.”
(On picture: ‘That’s right. I’ve completed everything I needed to do.”)
Released from positions and obligations, as just one of the players Tezuka remembers the heart of enjoying tennis again.

Under the guidance of the strongest German team and professionals, Tezuka starts training from the beginning. It is the first step towards his dream.
(On picture: “Tezuka Kunimitsu… Seems like he came from Japan to here in order to become a professional.” “Oh, a professional! But such a boy as Volk’s training partner…”)

Tezuka is chosen to participate in the World Cup as a German representative. He doesn’t yet know that is the beginning of his stairway to becoming a professional.

VS Irie & Atobe
Who was once a worthy rival in a deadly match is now easily smashed. He shocks the Japanese team with that strength.
(On picture: “What is it, Atobe. How long are you going to stay on your knees?”)

Also, the fanbook teases another Swiss representative:

Name: Kuraraga Tatsuta
Age and division: Unknown

His name is most likely a reference to the phrase "Kurara ga tatta" from Heidi, an iconic and in Japan often parodied moment from the series in which Clara stands up from her wheelchair (tatsuta and tatta are both inflections of tatsu). Given this reference, he might have some significant connection to the Swiss coach.

Also, Tatsuta is supposedly about as strong as Amadeus.

Last edited:

LetalHawk

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Is Tatsuta half-japanese? Judging by the name, it sounds like in Duke's case, maybe he's half-japanese too, he looks like the vice-captain of the team.

ChinkyCandie

Reaction score
Country
Australia
His name sounds full Japanese but moved to Switzerland.

Kaoz

Mr. Elite
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Chances are he's either half-Japanese or full-Japanese, yeah. It's possible that Konomi would choose a different romanization for his last name though that makes it look more Western, I simply went with the reference there.

felixng2011

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Christ. A Swiss representative on the same general level as Amadeus? They really are stacked as hell. No wonder they seem to be set up as the final boss even over Germany. Seems like QP was not exaggerating.

As for Tezuka, I really don't like how Fuji is constantly set up as a major rival for him. Fuji has always lagged pretty behind Tezuka. He beat a gimped Tezuka who would have crushed him if healthy.

Then he beat a fake Niou version of Tezuka who gave up several games and couldn't use zero shiki drop serve. The real Tezuka would have won handily.
Then he got crushed by POP Tezuka, its a forced rivalry that is getting tedious. Sanada, Atobe and even Yukimura are more legitimate rivals.

Tavore

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
England
Christ. A Swiss representative on the same general level as Amadeus? They really are stacked as hell. No wonder they seem to be set up as the final boss even over Germany. Seems like QP was not exaggerating.

As for Tezuka, I really don't like how Fuji is constantly set up as a major rival for him. Fuji has always lagged pretty behind Tezuka. He beat a gimped Tezuka who would have crushed him if healthy.

Then he beat a fake Niou version of Tezuka who gave up several games and couldn't use zero shiki drop serve. The real Tezuka would have won handily.
Then he got crushed by POP Tezuka, its a forced rivalry that is getting tedious. Sanada, Atobe and even Yukimura are more legitimate rivals.
I'm not looking forward to Fuji beating Tezuka. I wanna see a Tezuka vs Yukimura or a top Japanese HS.