Yeah, agreed. I've played MMO's before, and already learnt that gogo.instantboost isn't the best way to go about thing
So I get like a month of free play time right? After which I should extend playtime through subs?
Well, you're not like a complete noob to the idea of an MMO either, but I'd still say it's better to go through the experience that everyone else did.
You get a free month with buying the game but pretty sure you need to sub first in order to get it, but you can cancel it whenever and renew as needed. It isn't like the sub needs to remain active until you decide to stop playing. Lawl would frequently sub for a month and then cancel, play out the rest of that month and then resub if he was still playing. That way you don't have to worry about forgetting your sub was going to renew and overdrawing on your account if you have no money, I guess. If you really enjoy it it's quite easy for you to start playing for free with the gold you get from 2 level 100s.
The reason why the RAF thing is nice is because you gain bonus xp while playing with the person that refers you. Lawl is way more into leveling than I usually am and you guys are usually on at the same time more often so I figure it'd be better for him to RAF you than me. I'd join of course, I'd just have to decide what I'd want to play. Getting a Healer and Tank in one party makes leveling a lot quicker since you get instant Dungeon queues. So it would make sense that if you insisted on being DPS, that lawl and I could choose between the other two roles to make it go even quicker, but I never know what he feels like doing.