- Joined
- Oct 26, 2020
- Messages
- 4,770
- Reaction score
- 3,643
- Age
- 30
- Country
-
See that, Sanji can’t have Conqueror’s Haki as long as he succumbs to weakness.
Don't think it has anything to do with weakness (e.g. Women). Everyone has a weakness, Kaido is an alcoholic.See that, Sanji can’t have Conqueror’s Haki as long as he succumbs to weakness.
He hates his own blood. But I wonder how Iva noticed this thing.Don't think it has anything to do with weakness (e.g. Women). Everyone has a weakness, Kaido is an alcoholic.
It's that he can't accept himself for who he is, and he also lacks self-belief.
Sanji hates himself, the fact he has repressed memories also proves he subconsciously has things he doesn't want to confront about himself, his past, and his identity.
Women being a gag isn't going to be what stops him from using Conqueror's Haki.
Hannibal, just reinforcing your point:Don't think it has anything to do with weakness (e.g. Women). Everyone has a weakness, Kaido is an alcoholic.
It's that he can't accept himself for who he is, and he also lacks self-belief.
Sanji hates himself, the fact he has repressed memories also proves he subconsciously has things he doesn't want to confront about himself, his past, and his identity.
Women being a gag isn't going to be what stops him from using Conqueror's Haki.
And even overconfidence/confidence can be a weakness too. I think as you are suggesting, it's more of a self-acceptance issue.Hannibal, just reinforcing your point:
Remember when Kaido's hobby was suicide?
And Zoro is never going to get away from the reality that he has a chance of going the wrong way even when someone points him in the right direction.
And Boa is always going to be strongly submissive to Luffy.
And Big Mom will always be a slave to her appetite to the point that she'll enter whatever dissociative episode you want to call it.
As you pointed out, it's not weaknesses. These people above have strong weaknesses. But even then, they were always strongly themselves.
Sanji's the only one with the self loathing to the point when things start going weird, he defaults to doubting his nature and thinking he's becoming a monster. (referencing Wano. Compare and contrast to Chopper, who when given the opportunity, decided he would become a monster for Luffy.)
When you spend time with people, you can see their character.He hates his own blood. But I wonder how Iva noticed this thing.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Ehhh.. in retrospect…. Between Sommers and Killingham.. they both are around the same level strength wise.I mean I understand why they rely on their immortality so much. Its crazy how fast they regenerate. We see it it the last panel where Sanji used Ifrit Jumble. Killingham regenerates in the same instant when Sanji is still in the atack motion. Also is this the first time where Sanji is not fighting the clearly weaker opponent in comparison to Zorro?
It's less a difference in power and moreso a difference in attitude, I'd say. Killingham can afford to be cocky and reckless since he knows that Sanji (at the moment) has no ability to truly harm him, despite Sanji, technically, trashing him physically.Also is this the first time where Sanji is not fighting the clearly weaker opponent in comparison to Zorro?
Honestly I'm not surprised here because Sommers is just overconfident and stupid jerk. I'm not even sure if he know how to properly use Gram. Hmm, I actually feel like Zoro got "misplaced" and should fight Killingham instead. You know, because as far as I know Sanjis fire can deal with his thorns. But I guess Zoro was put to fight against Sommers only because he saw that metal heart and realised on the spot that it could be key to killing an immortal.So Killingham can fire laser beams at sanji with his spear but Sommers is not using gram's explosions? I wonder if Gram has some sort of recharge time which imu inconveniently used up before.
Really? I am waiting for them to do some super transformation stage 2 awakening type shit like in Bleach when the Arrancar bring out their Fullbring or something equally ridiculous.lol.. looks like the plot is going to develop into Imu will be forced to retreat because he brought too weak subordinates. Of course One Piece is never predictable.
Oh THAT would be really disapointing. I love that about Sanji but I swear to God that if Oda for some reason spin Sanjis willingness to sacrefice himself to protect his loved ones into weakness I will lose little bit of respect for him. But I don't think this will happen. Willingness to make sacrefices for sake of others and thinking soo lowly about yourself that you think your life is worth something only if it's used for others are two diffrent things. That's the diffrence between "hero" who on top of protecting others also protect himself and sacreficial sheep who live ONLY for others. Btw, I know people are now joking that despit his very obvious attraction to womans Sanji is secretly a gay or okama that haven't came out just yet and he should actually "came out" to gain conqueror but here's a thing. I always finded it quite concerning how fast and easily he got temporarily converted into okama. It makes me think that he never really had clear image of himself and who he really is and all of that despit fact that he is selfproclaimed "ladies man". I guess THAT'S the thing he need to figure out to become more powerful.Hmm, if oda is looking to reframe all of sanji's sacrifices for his crew before... I do hope he does it in a way that doesn't taint them. Sanji's willingness to sacrifice for his friends is something that is worth respecting the character for so it'd be sad to suddenly get a realization that he didn't do it out of love or loyalty to his friends.