1. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!
  2. The new season of the Anime League is here! Tell us which new Anime of this season you liked the most so far!
  3. The 2018 Art Contest Year has finally begun!!

We're kicking off with Past & Present Photography. Showcase your photography skills!
  4. The MangaHelpers Anime Awards 2018 have entered its climax! Vote for your favorites now!
  5. Starting from mid-February or so we'll be going through the media gallery and sorting through the submissions there to ensure they match with our recent changes listed in the Media Gallery Guide.
    As such some media files will be removed, so please be sure to look through your media and ensure it is up to requirements If you have any questions, contact a global/admin.
Though artists in particular, everyone please do check out the [MEDIA GUIDE] , as there are information relevant for you all. Thanks!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 894 Discussion / 895 Predictions

Discussion in 'Tree of Knowledge' started by Aizen, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Zehahaha

Zehahaha Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Morocco
    He is wearing shoes, in the movie we can see it was ice
    Katakuri for now displayed some crazy Logia like things with both his arms tho, although completely growing a new arm suggests to me at the very least he lost his left arm

kcd and hokageji like this.
  2. nik87

nik87 Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Tartaros
    It is very clear that Perospero's arm is made of candy. It is very clear when Katakuri turns his body parts into mochi. He is growing his arm because he just shot it away a moment ago. His arm shows no evidence of being made from mochi.

Since Perospero lost his arm now readers expect everyone to lose an arm... First Jinbe, now Katakuri. Aint happening. :stare

TrueRaiKage, KimCorrea, kcd and 2 others like this.
  3. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

India
    Well we did see Akainu heal from a deep Haki cut:
    http://www.mangapanda.com/one-piece/574/7
    If Katakuri did lose ar arm, this probably has the same to do with it. Maybe a version of awakening..

TrueRaiKage likes this.
  4. Muhbaer

Muhbaer Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

Austria
    I think this was not a cut, akainu also can see a bit into the future and did the same katakuri showed us when being punched by luffy. deforming his body so that he thinks punches are not connecting.

hokageji likes this.
  5. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United Kingdom
    That's completely different. Akainu wasn't hurt there. The Haki wasn't strong enough to affect him.

Awakening also doesn't change the nature of an ability. Joker's strings don't stop being simply strings or being different just because he's awakened. Don't think being awakened would affect being able to create an arm or leg. Even if Aokiji wasn't awakened, don't see why he couldn't simply reconstruct a prosthetic..

But then, shouldn't his arm look like Mochi? Persopero's arm looks like candy and seems Aokiji's looks like Ice as you pointed out.

6. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    I doubt any devil fruit ability would involve absorbing sea water into the user's very own body. Also, we've never seen her absorb juices remotely, she always physically squeezes the juice as seen on the two occasions she's done that, so I highly doubt it's ocean water making her grow.

What if she's also a producer of whatever juice she squeezes out of people (her sword looks like it's dripping juice)?, I'm not certain about this, but if it's possible, she could potentially produce as much as she wants, in order to grow to any size she desires.

I wonder if the juice she takes out of people is some form of stamina, I really hope it's not, else she would be capable of fighting for at least a year (non stop) as long as there are sources of stamina (people) around.

7. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    I don't think she can absorb sea-water, well maybe she can, lord knows. A lot of misconception regarding water and DFs, only in this chapter did I come to know it was an assumption the community believed which is a huge problem regarding what we believe and come to accept.

However, the fact she can squeeze liquid out of her own body might also imply she can do the reverse, and absorb water. A sponge can absorb liquid while it also has the ability to wring out liquids.

Not sure if she's also firing those shots out of her sword, or she's using the sea as a medium to throw slashes of water at the SHs. Hopefully, next chapter will add more context.

kcd likes this.
  8. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    Yes, but Joker's not a logia. I am just theorizing (probably incorrectly) that if Logia's body turns into an element, then the reverse could happen through awakening.... We havent seen a logia awakend, unless we consider Katakuri's abilities.

If the Haki was indeed weak that cut him, shouldnt the cut never happened?

9. Cavendish

Cavendish Registered User

Sweden
    are mud, ice or sand elements? sure its from the main elements in combine with the results of chemical reactions with other elements, and im sure Akainu did awakening with molten fists through the sky, or aokiji turning a sea into ice or when fujitora put a meteor from outta nowhere.
    Its more clearer now when we got it explained. :)

10. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    Well, no.. i dont think we what Akainu and Aokiji did was awakening during the war. Fujitora's ability is just using gravity. They could be awakening, but not conclusively. Did it get explained that those were awakenings? Maybe i am missing something.

11. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    I'm not really sure it was their awakening abilities on display, Akainu is obviously a producer, so even without awakening, he should be able to produce and throw magma, Fujitoro's case, I wouldn't say he produces meteor from nowhere, we already know how he does it, he should still be capable of that feat without awakening.
    Agreed, she squeezes liquid out of herself so it's not wrong to think she can reabsorb it as well.
    While it seems plausible, what comes to mind next is what she's capable of squeezing out of people, squeezing out of herself and reabsorbing (arguably) into herself.
    Seems it's life force or some sort of nourishment she drains out of people, it's definitely something that's good for her body.
    She's also capable of removing poison or anything harmful to her by literary squeezing it out, what I'm not sure is if she can reabsorb all kinds of liquids, especially sea water. Another thing is whether the liquid needs to be in physical contact with her body for her to be able to absorb it, technically, she's not touching the water as she's on the ship.
    What I was actually looking out for, is the state of the pirates on board her ship, her two sisters looked fine to me, so I'm thinking she might be getting nourishment from the fodders as opposed to sea water, It's purely speculation, but, I'm sure our questions will be answered a chapter or two from now.

Yea, it looked like a sword slash to me, seems she picked up the technique from her mother

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 12:10 AM
    Hannibal Psyche likes this.
  12. McNuss

McNuss Registered User

Germany
    It doesn't matter wether the arm is fake or not. Katakuri is a Paramecia, that means unlike Logias, who transform into their elements, he is always made of mochi. So wether it is his original arm or not doesn't matter, mochi is mochi.

TrueRaiKage likes this.
  13. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    You really think that Aokiji, Akainu and Kizaru, Admirals.. are not awakened just because it wasn't said they are?
    Many times we're not told things, doesn't mean it's not the case. We haven't been told Mihawk or Shanks possess Armament Haki, doesn't mean they don't have it. I think it's unreasonable to assume the Admirals aren't Awakened when they're standing at the very top in terms of power and skill.

Also, I don't think it quite works that way, otherwise, Aokiji would have a leg, not a prosthetic. Logia are not invincible just because they're awakened. They can't just grow new arm and legs when they lose one. Even Crocodile whom many deem to be awakened still has a hook, very much doubt Awakening would have any relevance here. If a user losers a limb, that's the end of that, awakened or not.

That's no different to not being hit by Haki, of course the cut would have been made, it just wouldn't hurt.

Whitebeard had no issues hurting Akainu and in fact, Akainu evaded attacks from Whitebeard's Bisento; Marco and Vista's on the other hand were ineffectual. I don't think it's unreasonable to simply assume that Whitebeard would have stronger Haki than Marco and Vista for one, and secondly; the stronger Haki is, the better it is at what it does as in being harder and being more capable of treating the body of Logia like solids.

TrueRaiKage likes this.
  14. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    First of all, NO, i never said i think they arent awakened. My argument is exactly the opposite, that it is awakening. Where i am theorizing, and hence probably wrong is that Akainu got cut, and he healed himself inspite of a haki attack, which could be awakening. Now again, let me emphasize "theorizing" and probably "wrong" here.
    All i said was the meteor attack by Akainu and Aokiji's freezing the ocean were just regular attacks most likely. THey could have awakening, but this needs to be proved.
    Well Shanks stopped Akainu's hand, so it does show he uses Armament. Mihawk trained Zoro about using haki, so there's more proof about that.
    Again, I am sure they are awakened.

SO here's my question. I tried reading about Aokiji's prosthetic and could find anything. Someone here said its from the movie... Now can we consider that as canon? Is that shown in the manga, or is this based on some movie?

Agreed, its just Akainu being superior to Marco and Vista in this case.

15. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Logias can't heal themselves. If they could, Akainu wouldn't have scars after fighting Aokiji and vice versa.

More like their Haki was too weak to do the job.

Katakuri can't just lose an arm, and then grow another one like it's nothing.

You missed the point. Point is it doesn't require things to be said. We don't need to be told that Kaido can use Haki, it's a given that he should be able to. We didn't need to hear Mihawk talk about Haki, or did you only conclude he was a Haki user until the flashback?

Wouldn't say it's as straight forward as that. Devil fruits do not reflect the strength of the user. Even if Aokiji was 10x stronger than Ace, his ice would still melt. Aokiji's ice doesn't become 10x more powerful or effective just because he's 10x stronger than Ace. The strength of the ability is intrinsic.

Haki also doesn't improve Logia intangibility. Haki makes things harder. If anything, Marco and Vista's attack wouldn't have sunk into his neck if he coated himself in Armament, it would more likely have hit superficially or been deflected. It can only be 1 of 2 things:
    1. Their Haki is simply too weak to interact with Akainu's DF
    2. or, he pulled a Katakuri, but evidence in terms of SFX and reactions say otherwise.
    Only logical conclusion is their Haki is too weak, thus the reason why Whitebeard's which is likely stronger was able to affect Akainu.

hokageji likes this.
  16. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    Yes, Akainu didnt have scars after that particular slash or probably even WB attacks.... but my point what you quoted was about the meteor attack and Aoikiji's freezing need not have been awakened.... its true things dont need to be explicitly stated, but we cannot just assume on things like attacks....
    I didnt miss your point! My point is saying Meteor and freezing the ocean are awakened moves is not conclusive... That would mean you are putting a limit to their abilities without awakening which would change the entire scope of the usage of logia abilities....

Yes, i do see your point here.... adding to it, Marco was just coming out of seastone cuffs, which could explain a weak attack...

Hannibal Psyche likes this.
  17. nik87

nik87 Registered User

Tartaros
    I think the scene with Akainu being cut and Aokiji being stabbed is the same what Katakuri does, manipulating their body around the attack to avoid any damage. They don't need to see the future to do that, all they need is to predict/read the next move which is a basic ability for such high calibers, even tho Haki was barely present before time-skip. Whitebeards Haki is for sure above Aokijis so it should have hurt him if it's up to the strength of Haki while Akainu shouldn't have been cut if its the same reason. For me, that's unlikely explanation so i bet it on form manipulation.

Katakuris arm would have to be made out of mochi when he is in normal form, his body parts turn into mochi only when he does special moves.

Smoothie has most likely the sponge fruit, probably awakened one and thus being able to turn others into the sponge and squeeze juice from them. Its kind of similar to Kalifa's DF (CP9 member). She cant grow infinitely since sponge has a limit to how much it can absorb.

18. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Not sure I commented on any things they did being specifically related to being Awakened nor did I say Akainu shooting Magma fists inot the sky nor Aokiji freezing the ocean as related to Awakening.

Based on what the Manga has showcased:
    • Awakening just enhances pre-existing qualities of an ability which I did a thread on quite a while ago.
    Not to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet, but following this line of logic, I would have been accurate if I made any predictions which I did indirectly. Pretty sure I stated if an ability allows one to produce something, Awakening will allow for more production of said thing.
    • Ito Ito allows one to produce strings to manipulate > Awakening increases the source and allows for more production to manipulate.
    It's shown consistency in regard to Katakuri's ability which allows him to produce Mochi and it's also been consistent with Film Gold too regarding how Awakening functions. I just don't see what Awakening would really have to do with creating a limb (which would likely just be prosthetic). Moulding and shaping things is a basic thing that all those who produce something to manipulate literally do if it is malleable.

Don't think Seastone has anything to do with the strength of Haki. As soon as a DF user is out of cuffs, they're back to normal instantly.

hokageji likes this.
  19. hakipuck

hakipuck Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    The scene of Akainu being cut during the war strikes me as something that took place when Oda was still working out the whole idea of haki and maybe doesn't apply to Katakuri's arm now that he's fleshing it out. The grilled mochi move just seemed like Katakuri's version of Red Hawk. Maybe at some point down the road we'll learn how characters can imbue their attacks with fire, maybe it's just wild artistic license.

20. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    I’ve been wondering about his leg as well. I have a theory that the battle between aokiji and Akainu was faked so they could get a spy in with Blackbeard. And since he can turn his whole body into ice anyway, it wouldn’t be unthinkable that he is faking an ice prosthetic. I mean the scars could have been made intentionally on both of them just for show....

acurabot likes this.