1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its fourth round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  6. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  7. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 894 Discussion / 895 Predictions

Discussion in 'Tree of Knowledge' started by Aizen, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Zehahaha

Zehahaha Registered User

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted

Morocco
    That's the thing, that is why this entire shit pisses me off because his DF confuses the hell out of me... I brushed off the fact that DD can make clones out of strings that can talk, but this is too much

2. roggie

roggie Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

Brazil
    Smoothie can be pulling water from the air

3. SupremeMod

SupremeMod Registered User

United States
    C'mon guys, there's obvious continuity problems(just like every comic/manga/etc that goes on for years). Trying to nit-pick at stuff is lame. I think some of you think about this stuff more than the authors.

Hrathgrath and roggie like this.
  4. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United Kingdom
    It's odd regarding Future Seeing Observation and the Regular Observation.

Future Seeing sees the future so you know what your opponent will do before hand; Regular Observation apparently only senses the opponent's attack before hand (but for some reason, Luffy says he sees something even though he's only training Regular Observation); since both allow the user to predict what the opponent will do before they do, why is it that Luffy can't just predict Katakuri's attacks anyway?

Some things are really bugging me, lol.

Katakuri seems to be implying he can only evade like this because of Future Sight Observation.
    [​IMG]
    My question is why can't he do this with regular Observation?

And then why exactly is it that Katakuri only deduces that Luffy can see the future just because he attacked with Elephant Gun?
    [​IMG]
    Perhaps I'm missing out on context here, or maybe the Mochi donuts are not supposed to be detectable? Thus the reason he's surprised Luffy can actually evade them even though we know he evaded his attacks much earlier as he himself stated..

It seems there are things only possible with Future Sight Observation and some things that aren't possible with the regular. The most confusing thing is Rayleigh said every attack has a will, presence, aura (whatever the hell it is), so why does one need to see the future to dodge attacks?

kcd likes this.
  5. zetsu banned

zetsu banned MH Senpai

United States
    If it's a sponge DF it's not out of the realm of possibility for her to absorb the pure water out of the sea, leaving salt and fish shit and whatnot. I don't think there's anything particularly magical about seawater specifically. IIRC it's any water above the knees or so that cripples a DF-user (Oda mentioned it when asked by a fan about DF-users taking baths).

We've only seen little hints of her using her ability. I seriously doubt she has to physically wring out whatever she's juicing- I assume she's at least as adept as Crocodile at removing moisture from her surroundings, I mean she's a yonkou commander ffs.

Why're you assuming it'd have to be remote? All she'd have to do is dip a toe in the water off-panel. Or maybe her ability can spread to the surroundings like Crocodile. {I'm getting the feeling that Awakening sort of bridges the gap between 'made-of-stuff' - 'producer' - 'affects others' types of paramecia... I should flesh that out later on.}

I assume being juiced directly reduces stamina since hydration is pretty important. Judging from her victims, it seems... um. Weirdly erotic. Not going to overthink that effect on stamina.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 14, 2018 ---
    Of course we do, we're enthusiasts :P
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 14, 2018 ---
    Now that I think about it, Smoothie's fruit (whatever it is) is utterly unique already for allowing her to manipulate water-based material. So far there's nothing like that at all, unless the storm DF is actually a thing (booooo).

hokageji and kcd like this.
  6. tony p

tony p Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    so again as said a long time ago Luffy is having both a power up and a new Gear.
    Then this new gear form will exhaust him so he will eat the cake to recover to beat BM.
    Because it's a pattern everytime Luffy has been using a new gear it has been an impact on his body after the fact.

There is no reason at all to leave BM eating the cake as she is getting thinner and thinner.
    This is an opportunity for Luffy to blow her up for good. The cake can allow Luffy to become a giant as well and finishing off BM.

hollisesco likes this.
  7. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    But you know the Cake knocks people out, why would Luffy eat that? See what it did to Bege and everyone. Sanji didn't allow anyone to even taste if for a good reason. Why would Sanji offer Luffy a cake that will potentially knock him out?

Also, just because she's thin doesn't mean she's going to die instantly. She still has Prometheus, she's still a threat as long as she's alive. The Cake knocks her out and gives them a realistic chance of not just killing her, but also destroying her empire. The empire is nothing without Big Mom.

8. tony p

tony p Registered User

France
    We are talking about Luffy and his appetite after using a new form and long fight. The cake is delicious, it knocks people by his quality, his taste.
    So I believe the cake won't KO Luffy and can instead stimulate him. I think he can absorb it turned into a giant form to fight BM. In short I think the cake can knock anyone except Luffy when it comes to appetite.
    Then you have to picture BM in this context, she will be in a shock witnessing the cake being eaten in front of her and Prometheus won't be able to hold BM for a long time Luffy is exhausted.

I am not 100% in this scenario but it may happen.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  9. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Well, there's not anyone that has tasted the cake and not been knocked out. So, the idea that Luffy can eat this cake and be fine doesn't really make sense.

It's not that the cake is poisonous, the point is the cake tastes so good it knocks people out.
    [​IMG]

Also, how are they supposed to get the Cake to Luffy when Big Mom is already chasing after them? Chiffon and co. are too far from Cacao island to meet up with Luffy at this point too.

More so, Big Mom is definitely eating the cake because Oda has set it up for so long it has to happen, and, the success of Big Mom eating it is also parallel to Lufy defeating Katakuri; these are 2 battles that both Sanji and Luffy must win.
    [​IMG]

10. tony p

tony p Registered User

France
    I meant knocked out not poison my bad. Let's just wait the next chapter to see if it is feasible.

11. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    Doesn't Luffy prefer meat over sweets though?

12. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Random thought, Oda said he never intended for all the Supernova, but half (including Kid) to make it into the New World. It means it's possible there will be casualties amongst the Supernova. I wouldn't mind seeing the Fire Tank Pirates and Chiffon dying. It would be the baptism of fire the SHs need to experience to know that the New World really is no joke. So far, only one person has died in their half-assed attempted to sneak into an Emperor's territory. It will be a good reality check for the SHs to take on their way to Wano and really set the scene. A somewhat sombre ending as opposed to one with a banquet of sorts.

13. tony p

tony p Registered User

France
    lol "I wouldn't mind seeing the Fire Tank and Chiffon dying" the Baptism of fire the SH need..
    Dude they have a baby they won't die. Bege will make a future alliance with the SH. Simple as that.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 15, 2018, Original Post Date: Feb 15, 2018 ---
    And again I talked with you for a long time @Hannibal Psyche that bounce man wasn't adapted and now it's confirmed there is a new form much thinner and adapted to Kata fighting skill. Speed, Power, Defense, Elasticity let's see which other animal he will use from his training with Rayleigh before combining them all together into Gear 5.

14. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Don't think I ever said Bound Man was adapted, but it's good to see new forms coming out.

15. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    Now I’ll be the first to tell people “it’s a movie/tv show/manga, so it doesn’t have to make sense as long as it furthers the story..” but having said that, it’s only natural that we seek understanding and stability in the nature of things.
    I think they are related. @Hannibal Psyche and I disagree in this, or we have in the past, but I think the future they see is an unconscious prediction based on all of the information they are “absorbing” all around them with observation. On another note, I think Luffy has always had the future sight haki, he’s just now figuring out what it is and how to use it. Like when he kept himself from losing his arms to Mohawk in the Marineford war.
    I don’t think Luffy will eat the cake.. and if he were to I’m positive he would pass out. If he didn’t, then all of the foreshadowing done about the cake and it’s abilities would be for nothing... I also don’t think he will fight Big Mom at all. She will either let them go, die from the cake, or just pass out and they will escape. It’s setup at this point, story wise, for Sanji to defeat her with his cooking...

16. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    I don't know, Luffy said I wonder if I can see into the future too during this battle implying it's not something he was capable of.
    1. Rayleigh only taught Luffy the basics, he said he'd mastered them.
    2. Rayleigh said attacks have a will/presence to them, I don't know if that has anything to do with future sight. Or, are you saying here that Rayleigh was teaching Luffy to use Future Sight here? It seems it was the basics.
    3. In one panel, Luffy says he saw something, and Rayleigh said that was Observation Haki. Is that related to future sight or just normal? Seems normal.
    Observation Haki also doesn't absorb information, it just knows things, that much is a fact. It's not absorbing information or loading up, it knows.

It gets messy when you think are the Birkans like Satori using regular Observation or seeing into the future. Some things are not clear to me speaking for myself at least.

17. tony p

tony p Registered User

France
    Dude for a year you assumed that Luffy in his condition was ready to take down BM :-) You didn't want to hear about new form power up etc.. :-)

18. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    I said he was strong enough to do so, just lacked the experience and possibly the stamina. I've always given Luffy the benefit of the doubt, pretty sure I said can't claim Luffy unable to defeat her as we're yet to see her remotely take on King Kong Gun.

A new form doesn't change that, it's not a power boost.

No where did I say there won't be a new Gear, you can scan the forums for that. In fact, I'm pretty certain I said there will likely be power-up by either Awakening, Haki, all of the mentioned and I'm pretty sure I entertained new Forms. There's a difference between saying something won't happen and something isn't likely to happen.

Like I said many times, quote me on that, whatever is necessary for the protagonist to succeed, the protagonist will get. So, I completely disagree with that part of your statement underlined.

If anything, what we debated was Luffy being ready to take on an Emperor or not, majority of you said he isn't, I said otherwise because Fujitora said he was strong enough.

19. tony p

tony p Registered User

France
    I understand this view. In the meantime, there is an opportunity and Oda liked to change the plot last minute.
    Prometheus is getting more and more tired of carrying on BM. She is thin as hell, Bege can launch an attack as well.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Oda playing with the Cake.
    Bad Faith mate :-) Especially the experience and the stamina part.. :)
    We told you about character's evolution to build up his growth so he can take a Yonoko later and be prepared for it like Kaido for instance.
    But from the start we told you in that current state of affair he couldn't take down BM without character's evolution, i.e new form power up etcc.
    Fact is we get Snakeman's form and an Observation's Haki development.
    And multiple external factors to make this "escape plan" possible.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  20. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Well, if you can quote my explicitly saying there will be no power-ups, then sure. Can take this to private messaging as to not clutter this thread on trivial matters.