1. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  2. It's time for the Autumn Art contest! Submissions for Autumn Video Contest has begun. Create a video that fills our hearts with this year's fall.

The winner of the Chibi Avatar and Signature contest is Organizized! Congratulations!
  3. The Manga League is finally here!
  4. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  5. Join Shiki's quest through space to find new Nakama!
  6. [​IMG]
  7. The MangaHelpers Manga Wars 2018 have begun. Nominate your favorite Manga now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 901 Discussion / 902 Predictions

Discussion in 'Tree of Knowledge' started by Aizen, Mar 30, 2018.

1. hakipuck

hakipuck Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

United States
    I get the feeling Big Mom is going to drown at sea. She's regained her senses and had a chance to walk away, but her own greed is pushing her to chase the SH in a reckless manner. It seems like she's being set up for a Disney villain death.

2. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    That is debatable, especially depending on where he'd have escaped. He did manage to hide at some point before going back. And not necessarily, if Luffy tried to find them before they went to Cacao Island. Or, they could have still assumed he's in Mirror Dimension and wait for him there while he could have snuck around, like Sanji did to make sure Luffy got off the island. Luffy also seems to have been able to run away carrying her without an issue, and there's no reason to believe he can't do it given he's fought or been on the move for long periods of time without resting.

Katakuri wouldn't be able to escape the Mirror Dimension to partake in the battle or be of any use without Brulee, who would be tied up on Luffy's back.
    Where was the ship going when it took damage? To Cacao Island? But I will give you that, since this was probably before Luffy got out of the Mirror Dimension the first time.

You're confused. Luffy wouldn't be staying on the ship, he'd be trying to go back to the ship after coming out of the Mirror Dimension. Just so we're on the same page, this would be after Luffy wanted all the mirrors broken on the ship so no one could invade the Sunny through Brulee's ability.

And how will the ability to predict what might happen help him against the likes of Big Mom and Kaidou, whom he can't hurt? He could have also chosen to strengthen his Color of Observation in a future fight as well.

3. Hannibal Psyche

Hannibal Psyche Registered User

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity

United Kingdom
    It's not really debatable.

Regardless of if he stayed in 1 place, he'd have to go to Cacao Island eventually through the mirror they arranged for him to make his escape out of and where the entire fleet was waiting at, that's the point.

Would he be able to keep Brulee? Nigh impossible. They'd get her back and Katakuri and he will circumvent everything they do because he can see the future.

He had to be dealt with.

[​IMG]

Also, Luffy carrying Brulee at Nuts Island... he wasn't surrounded by an entire fleet. You can't even compare the amount of fighters at Nuts Island to the one at Cacao Island.

At Cacao Island, they were prepared. They had taken every reasonable possibility into account such as Luffy trying to escape through the air and had all manner of fighters from melee warriors to long-ranged fighters in line ready to pounce. Nuts Island was a random occurrence as they weren't expecting him, there was even no organisation; Cacao Island is not at all similar.

Luffy couldn't hold on to Brulee while at Cacao Island. He'd weigh himself down and he'd have no where to run which is why Sanji tried to take the route via the sky. They had all bases covered.

He will because Brulee would have been released. Luffy cannot escape holding on to her when he no longer needs to use the mirrors anymore.

What you're suggesting here isn't at all realistic.

That wouldn't make any sense.

It's much more intelligent to throw Katakuri in the Mirror World and then keep Brulee with him once he escaped after throwing Katakuri inside. Even then, Katakuri knowing that was Luffy's intention wouldn't have let him do that anyway. The only reason Katakuri didn't struggle when Luffy grabbed him was because it was more ideal for him to take care of Luffy there too.

If anything, the only way Luffy could have carried this out would be escaping after using Gear 4th and never returning back into the mirror world. Nonetheless, the ending is still the same. Cacao Island against an entire fleet.

And then eventually, Katakuri would re-emerge and thwart everything the SHs intended to do to escape.

If Oda wants the SHs to win, they will win, you should know this by now.

Luffy is going to defeat Kaido and he's going to return. Whatever Luffy has to do in order to hurt Kaido, Oda will give him the strength.

However, nonetheless, how is the ability to see the future not beneficial? Are you really claiming that seeing the future is a useless power because that is frankly absurd.

More so, Gear 4th is clearly far stronger than you give it credit for. Snakeman is nowhere as powerful as Boundman. When Katakuri took attacks from Snakeman, he wasn't set flying whereas against Boundman, he was sent flying with every hit. Even when he blocked Boundman attacks, he was sent flying unlike against Snakeman.

There's only so much of Boundman attacks that Big Mom would take. More so if Luffy makes use of King Kong Guns against her. No one would be unscathed from such attacks.

The Strength of Gear 4th is still ridiculously underestimated. Gear 4th and this level of Observation would definitely make it a lot easier to take on opponents especially since he knows what they'll do before hand.

Nonetheless, you're only saying it's not productive because it's not Sanji getting this power up in this situation, otherwise your Sanji-bias would definitely approve of it. If Sanji were one the, it's pretty clear you'd say it was productive since he gained a power that'd make him far more useful in fighting and subsequently protecting his Nakama which is even much more important for Luffy because captains are supposed to be strong enough to protect their crews.

It doesn't quite work that way.

You can't just decide that you want to become stronger and then become stronger.

Without the right conditions and the right opponent, it's impossible.

The only reason Luffy was able to master Observation haki against Katakuri was because he was not much stronger than Luffy, he was just the sort of opponent Luffy needed to fight.

It's no different to the reason Rayleigh took Luffy to Ruskaina to train him against 500 monsters that were stronger than Luffy. Luffy didn't just fight the strongest beast in the jungle and refine his Haki, he fought the weakest and worked his way up.

It's impossible to grow in a battle against a significantly superior opponent. The opponent has to be just a tad stronger, otherwise, it's death; Katakuri was the perfect opponent. Katakuri was not just a necessity to dispose of, he was simply the perfect opponent for him.

It would be like Luffy trying to grow from fighting Kizaru at Sabaody, it wouldn't happen, he'd simply die due to the overwhelming difference in strength.In order to grow, the strength difference must not be great, thus, the 500 creatures in Ruskaina.

The opponents he'd be fighting from here on out would likely be almost impossible to beat without the strength and Haki he has now.

TrueRaiKage and Black Void like this.
  4. cartoonfreak101

cartoonfreak101 Registered User

United States
    This whole arc has been crazy. So many twists and turns, most recently having the cake not doing what we expected, which was KO Big Mom with pure bliss. Instead it did quite the opposite and rejuvenated her. I personally think Oda will end the Big Mom series on a high note for Sanji. He's been made to look like a fool for pretty much the whole arc and needs some time to shine. Big Mom may find out the cake was made by Sanji himself and decide to spare them or hesitate just enough for the Straw hats to escape. Sanji may even save his captain from a Big Mom attack and look super badass for a large panel. I think coming out of this Sanji will have a moment with the germa 66 (who will definitely come out alive of this ordeal and become part of the Straw Hat allies) and that will allow him to further unlock his Haki for future arcs. Also THERE IS NO WAY jinbei won't be in the wano arc. It's clear he wont be in the beginning parts and will make a super badass entrance into the arc. There is no way SH pirates can defeat kaido and his army without jinbei and the SH allies

5. AriesNoShion

AriesNoShion Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

France
    Why not? If it was only him and Brulee, it would have been very discrete and nobody was expecting them. Why 10 hours? He can fly?! Sanji, as slow as he is :teehee, didn't take 10 hours to make Cacao / ship..Why would Luffy? And let me remind you that all the SH have Luffy's Vivrecard, they can know where he is at every moment.
    To speak with his crew was a detail, he didn't need it to escape.

6. yujiro

yujiro Registered User

Algeria
    hi first i m glad to see the last page of the chapter i hit the spot i think
    https://mangahelpers.com/forum/thre...n-900-predictions.3010248/page-6#post-4748982

and forsome people are shocked that muscato is alive when he should be dead

from chapter 830/08, if you look in the right bottom you will see mont d'or speak to the black homie “the incarnations of big mom soul” who is assigned to spread the lifespans in to the objecs and animals and say "do not leave even for a second you hear me?

but ODA palce only the last half of the speech in the chapter to lure us in another interpretation, i think the whole speech from mont d'or should be " you must return muscato life span and do not leave a second you hear me?
    [​IMG]
    That mean do not use a single second of muscato life span.... that my interpretation
    for the GERMA we have seen only the vismok fighting i hope we will see the germa army also in action ok later

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    kcd and hokageji like this.
  7. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

India
    Yea, Mama's hunger pangs are common, so it isnt surprising if she hasnt taken the life spans of her kids either. So the others must have a way of bringing them back by providing souls.

kcd and Sidmo like this.
  8. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    Something that bugs me about this last chapter is how Oven can have ANY effect on the sea by putting his hands into it. I mean with Aokiji he’s not actually touching it, his power is, but with Oven he has to put his hands directly into the sea...which should at the very least weaken him, if not disable him...

9. Isto

Isto Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

Finland
    Nah big one is just chasing them to thank for the cake.

TrueRaiKage and Commenter like this.
  10. TheSadFed

TheSadFed Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Italy
    maybe im wrong but i think he is using his gloves

11. Sidmo

Sidmo Registered User

Canada
    Aokiji has had to put his hands directly into the sea very similarly to Oven once and used his power. It was in order to freeze the Ocean when he first appeared pre-Water 7.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, a DF user doesn't get weakened or has his DF disabled by just putting a hand or even a foot in water. It's when their engulfed by a body of water that they get weakened.

12. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    [​IMG]

DF users are still able to use their abilities in water, they just don't have the capability of wilfully making use of their abilities. This is why Luffy can still remain rubbery despite his entire being buried in the pool during the Arlong Park battle.
    [​IMG]

If Oven was inside water like Luffy was at Arlong Park, he could theoretically still use his abilities, but the sea rids DF users of their choice to exercise their powers.

As the SBS above states, as long as the DF user isn't fully submerged in water, they can use their power. The greater the level of immersion in water, the more difficult it becomes to exercise DF abilities.

13. FetherMan

FetherMan Registered User

South Africa
    Are all of Luffy's Gear 4 techniques based off of the animals he was training around for that 2 year mark with Rayleigh?. :music

TrueRaiKage likes this.
  14. roggie

roggie Registered User

Brazil
    I'm pretty sure Luffy already has a stronger but slower version than bounce man :derp

15. Hrathgrath

Hrathgrath Registered User

United States
    Thanks to both of you! Very clearly answered my question! I had always thought Aokiji hadn’t actually physically “touched” the water, but according to Oda it wouldn’t have mattered either way lol! I do have to add though, if someone wanted to kill Crocodile, they could always wait until he showers and assassinate him... which brings me to the thought. How many people out there are there that can se their abilities like Katakuri? Cause if an actual logia user ever got that good they’d be amazing!

Sidmo likes this.
  16. nik87

nik87 Registered User

Tartaros
    We can assume that Aokiji and Akainu are that good since they have been stabbed/sliced by haki-infused attacks and they werent hurt. We can assume that they manipulated their bodies in time to avoid being hurt by those attacks. Reading the next move is enough for such calibers to manipulate bodies in time.

17. M3J

M3J MH Senpai

神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike

Akatsuki
    Whitebeard was likely one, and perhaps Mihawk. Either way, this ability probably isn't that uncommon, but it is rare.

18. Hannibal Psyche

United Kingdom
    Akainu didn't manipulate his body when he was hit by Vista & Marco because we see the "WHAM" SFX which is something we always see made when there's an impact against a solid surface.
    [​IMG]
    As seen in other panels where "WHAM" SFX is present, it always denotes to impacts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

So, it's not to say that Akainu couldn't have seen those attacks, I guess it just implies that even Future Sight Observation has blind-spots which is alluded to when Katakuri has to ask how come Luffy hit him on the side even though he initially dodged.
    [​IMG]

After this, he makes sense of it all.
    [​IMG]

More so, it makes sense Akainu was hit even if we assume Akainu has similar Observation to Katakuri, he was attacked from behind. It indicates just how useful Observation Haki is even without Future Cinematic Observation.

19. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    Mihawk is most certainly gonna be right up there. Maybe Benbachmann, considering Kizaru's reaction during the war? Enel would have it too, right? He was able to predict Luffy's attacks

20. nik87

nik87 Registered User

Tartaros
    @M3J I dont think he meant the CoO, its the body manipulation since he spoke of logias. My bad if its not the case.

@Hannibal Psyche Are there WHAM effects when Luffy hits (misses) Katakuri?
    If i recall correctly Marco and Vista attacked Akainu from the front, not from behind.
    It makes no sense that Aokiji and Akainu have been hit by haki and still took no damage. My guess is simply reading the next move and manipulating bodies.
    Katakuri was hit by a plot nerf from the moment he told Luffy that he no longer sees him as inferior and he never used CoO except in that moment when he saw why he still was hit. Makes no sense that he was looking into the future and not seeing it on first hit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.