1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Want to try an epicly kawaii RPG? Check this out!
  3. Time for a new Photography Art Contest! Submissions for Bad Weather Photography Contest has begun. Enjoying those beautiful weathers, show off your photography skill!

Also, you may vote for your favorite piece in the Summer Art Contest Manga Helpers Flag !
  4. The Manga League is finally here!
  5. The MangaHelpers Waifu Wars 2018 have entered its fourth round! Fight for your Waifu now!
  6. The new season of the Anime League is here!
  7. The Tokyo Ghoul Awards have begun! Nominate your favorite moments and characters now!
  8. Want to read legit manga from Mangahelpers?! Get in here!

Chapter One Piece Chapter 911 Discussion / 912 Predictions

Discussion in 'One Piece' started by desin24, Jul 6, 2018.

1. yoshidr

yoshidr Registered User

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member

United States
    Why would Hawkins ask them not to inform Kaido? To me it seem like he is plotting something. We dont really know much about Hawkins DF but i do know that is related to Voodoo, maybe Hawkins had this vision long time ago.

CgL7 and kcd like this.
  2. kcd

kcd Registered User

Earth Kindom
    Yea, it'll be interesting to see how many members of the worst generation that actually shows up here. The way I see it, should a majority of them turn up, then maybe there won't be any need for his grand fleet as well.

I'm guessing by the time Hawkins reaches Kunori, luffy and Otamo would no longer be in the area the incident occurred. So unless Hawkins's underlings stealthily follows/spies on Luffy, I'm afraid they (luffy and Hawkins) won't be meeting each other so soon.

The chances of this incident being swept under the rugs are high because it occured in a rather secluded area, but still, with the Zoro's incident, the beast pirates should be aware that the Strawhats are residing in their territory and are casually slashing buildings in half, so it's highly likely Kaido is already making his move (or will make it any time soon).
    That's why I'm particularly curious to see how things stands on Zoro's end, fanboy-ism aside.

I love the direction the story is headed. Luffy has met Otama who I'll say is in the worst state imaginable. Due to her affiliation with Kozuki, she is being hunted. She's not strong enough to fight for herself, neither does she have the means to do so, and even though she's poor, she gave Luffy the only good food they could afford in a very long time. I can only imagine what emotion Luffy must have felt as at when he realised that. To add to that, the truths about the country are equally unfolding as well. The river poisoning by Kaido's factory, the oppression by Kaido's surbodinates, the injustice by Kaido's underlings, the discrimination of the people associated with the kozuki clan. These are the things Luffy hates the most, it goes against everything he lives for... And even if he was here because of Momo, the things he's seeing with his own eyes will make him take this fight personal. He has to. That's why I'm really loving how things are progressing.

With luffy's achievements and status after wholecake, most especially his show of strength by beating two commanders... Hawkins, Drake and any other worst generation (bar BB) would prefer working with him as an Ally as opposed to working for an already established world power as an underling, in my humble opinion.

Yea, captain kidd really is prideful as you said, but I think he's been through a lot, being locked up like trash will be a major blow to his ergo, there's only so much he can take.
    As things are, I think he'll happily team up with Luffy, he may not show it but darn will he be glad that Luffy's actually in Wano.
    That name carries weight now, more so with the activities of his grand fleet around the world. The only thing that remains to be seen now is 'by how much has Luffy improved post wholecake?'

That's the area I'm not quite sure what to think, really can't wait.

Yea I think he's planning something as well. The instructions he gave about keeping Kaido in the dark highly hints at this.
    I guess we'll have to wait and see how things pans out. I'm also really curious about it.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    CgL7, jaymizzo, Black Void and 2 others like this.
  3. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member

India
    I am now thinking the events of Wano will be a two part arc...

One arc in the one we are currently, Luffy and co enter Wano, kinda make Kaido lose similar to BMP and then the arc ends....
    This arc would feature most of the remaining supernovas, Hawkins, Apoo and Kidd at the end...

The next arc would feature a full-out war between Kaido and allied Mama vs all Luffy's allies... This would include the grandfleet, some or all of the supernovas and possibly some of WB pirates....

regarding the spoiler, its clear that Hawkins is a part of Kaido's crew... I can imagine a scenario where Kidd decides to lead the attack on Kaido with Hawkins and Apoo and fails... After being beaten, Kidd refuses to join'em and Hawkins and Apoo decide to. It is clear Hawkins is working for Kaido but its also hinted that he is not in complete favor and would like to align with Luffy here.

I had predicted that Drake X is a marine spy working under Kaido… He still reports to Tsuru and we may see him do the same in the coming chapters...
    THis arc will thus feature almost all the remaining Supernova, with the exception of Bonney.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 11, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 11, 2018 ---
    Possibilities of Hawkins:
    1. Hatred towards Sanji:
    Since Hawkins is from North Blue and Vinmokes are hated.. I think this will be unlikely but it may be brought up..

2. Aligning with Strawhats because of Minks
    I think it was on SBS that Oda confirmed the cat in Hawkins' crew is a Mink... If we learned something from Bepo's behavior, Minks love their people. Faust from his crew is a Mink, so that'll be an interesting observation...

Hawkins' Blackmagic persona will be interesting to see... He seems to have a great DF ability and should've been quite useful against Kaido….. Any damage Kaido does, if it reflects back to Kaido, that's half damage done already.

CgL7, KimCorrea, Aizen and 3 others like this.
  4. King Moe

King Moe Registered User

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member

United States
    I just realize that as I forgot that some of the Supernovas are from different Blues for some of them.

Does that mean we might see a collision with Sanji vs Hawkins? That would be a interesting event if it happens, but Hawkins doesn't seem the type to care, let alone for others sake as his Devil Fruit is made to sacrifice others if he takes damage after all xD.

5. TrueRaiKage

TrueRaiKage Registered User

United States
    Ah yes....typical Oda beginning of arc developmental chapter.

CgL7 and GreenGan like this.
  6. XcrossX

XcrossX Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Peru
  7. Ditju

Ditju Registered User

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner

Switzerland
    It took me some time but then I noticed that O-tama was as stubborn about denying her hunger as Kinemon and Momosuke. It's left to see if this is a samurai-related or Kozuki-related trait.

Caverson likes this.
  8. nik87

nik87 Registered User

Tartaros
    On the cover, we have probably Basil on Nami's bag, stripped bag near Luffy has a word starting with GO and ending with an E, rest is hidden, could be some hint. Luffy's shirt says Holly 1 and i cant guess much from the symbol on his shoulder.

Someone mentioned that story here has a lot of inspiration from some old Jpn story with a little ninja, dog, monkey and a bird. We already have the little Ninja (O-Tama), we have her guardian dog, we have the monkey she just tamed and only the bird is missing. On the cover of 851 the Strawhats are dressed in Wano style clothes and Luffy rides a rooster, that could be a missing bird.

Regarding Kaido vs 3 supernovas. Maybe Hawkins saw the outcome if they fought Kaido then, resulting in their demise so he may have asked Kidd to sacrifice himself telling him that he would not die and Hawkins and Apoo would pretend to betray him and join Kaido.
    I am sure Hawkins is aware of the bounty Luffy has now and he is probably looking for an alliance, like Law and Bege did in the past.

kcd and Fox666 like this.
  9. Aizen

Aizen Mangahelper

Mangahelper

United States
    Solid chapter.
    It was nothing we have not seen before in OP. Standard introducing of new characters and setting type stuff, but I enjoyed it all the same. The charm and goofy characters are always a constant.
    Luffy waking up on the shore with the ship flipped over last chapter reminded me a little bit of the third Pirates of the Caribbean movie. :XD
    I am happy we should be getting more details on Ace as this arc goes on, and this chapter was the beginning of that.
    Hawkins being one of Kaido's men is not surprising. That was pretty much revealed when only Kidd was in the jail cell after fighting him.
    I would have liked to see more of Zoro and co before transitioning to Luffy's group, but these last three chapters have been a good intro to the arc.

CgL7 and kcd like this.
  10. Infinity Edge

Infinity Edge Registered User

Casterly Rock
    First impression: Dinosaur? So there are freaking dinosaurs on Wano?!

11. HisokaxMachi

HisokaxMachi Registered User

England
    Oda really can't stay away from Luffy long can he?

12. hokageji

hokageji Registered User

India
    True, unlikely that'll happen....

Anywas, decent chapter... For once, the spoilers were poor so it didnt really spoil the fun much...
    Kouzuki clan attendant has a food DF...
    This girl taught Ace how to make those Bamboo hats, which was shown in Oz jr flashback...
    Kaido's been the ruler for a while from the looks of it...
    Hawkins is a headliner...
    WTF is a headliner?? is it becuase he is a magician?

kcd and Enima like this.
  13. Infinity Edge

Casterly Rock
    I didn't have time to read the spoilers tbh...if the chapter doesnt come out on thursday I read them, but today thursday just started for me and the chapter is already up. I think Jaiminis box really wants to compete with MS for the amount of views :P

I really liked this chapter in comparison to previous two, because it brought soo many things that are unknown. Like I said, the dinosaur (looks like velociraptor?), Straw hats still missing, Kozuki clan, Wano people being mad rigorous, a freaking Tengu who kicks out Luffy, poisonous water from factories...and Hawkins allied with Kaido.
    So much to think about, as opposed to last two chapters.

I think I liked everything in this chapter, just a little ticked off at the angry Tengu. I'm surprised Luffy didn't react angrily to him, but I guess Luffy understands that he is a guest? Luffy never before shown to have such manners though, so to me it's very weird. I hope we'll see what's up with the other scattered group members next, although I would not be surprised if Oda skips all that and will only show them once everybody arrives in the city.

kcd likes this.
  14. luffy10

luffy10 Registered User

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member

Pakistan
    Looks like Kaidou has been in the country for a long time, his factories are already destroying the rivers. Tama is an attendent of Kouziki Clan, that makes it interesting. Also she is waiting for Ace huh, i guess being a closed country they dont know about the War. So she makes bamboo hats, i guess she taught Ace how to make a hat for Oz. Also kaido and his crew are turning out to be the type that luffy hates the most, hurting innocent citizens for fun. Luffy is probably goona snap at some point.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 12, 2018, Original Post Date: Jul 12, 2018 ---
    i dont think hawkins knows that it is luffy who has entered illegally. Luffys name was never mentioned.

CgL7 and kcd like this.
  15. roggie

roggie Registered User

Brazil
    And for what purpose Luffy lost his vivre card? Who will find it and who will come?

CgL7 likes this.
  16. nik87

nik87 Registered User

Tartaros
    He probably saw it in the cards.
    Also i have my doubts about O-Tama teaching Ace how to make those hats. She is 8 currently, MF war was 2 years ago when she was 6 and when she met Ace was before that so... I guess you know where i'm going with this.

17. Demonspeed

Demonspeed Bon

伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member

Global Moderator

France
    Good chapter. With O-Tama like that, Luffy will have to ind Sanji and Chopper quickly, Hawkinks could help her too.

I feel like the pacing is faster compared to usual, is it just me?

CgL7, Ginopastino and King Moe like this.
  18. Infinity Edge

Casterly Rock
    I think Tama x Momonosuke might be thing in the future...

CgL7, ShishiSonson and kcd like this.
  19. Kuza

Kuza Registered User

United States
    Wut? Ace? What was he doing there, come to think about do we know for how long is Kaido occupying the Wano country?

I'm currently a bit confused and don't really know what to think about Hawkings, it seems to me that he preferred to serve Kaido instead of being rekt like Kid so I doubt he's too loyal so there is a chance he'll be the Bege of this arc which is nice. On the other hand I don't think he holds much chances against Luffy if he is still loyal to Kaido and tries to apprehend Luffy.

CgL7 likes this.
  20. HisokaxMachi

HisokaxMachi Registered User

England
    Learning how to make a hat for Oars.