Chapter One Piece Chapter 935 Discussion / 936 Predictions

nik87

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I meant a situation like this.

If instead Buchi it was a DF user and Zoro's sword was made out of seastone it would be a cheap advantage as it would cancel DF abilities of the enemies.
Whether its Logia, Zoan or Paramecia, as long as they touch the sword they would be forced back into their normal state. Zoro doesn't need such an advantage.

gods why does this guy has such an unearned fanbase
Because Zoro senpai is way too majestic. :lick
Cursed blades are something I can see happening but still unclear if it would be any kind of power-up.

Hannibal Psyche

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Even if we assume that this is indeed so I guess it would still end up with the same result as I described above.
Kizaru's sword looks like a controlled burst of light or a lightsaber as you say. If not blocked by CoA coated sword it would burn through the normal sword and still hit Ray-san... :hmm
The thing is Armament Haki apparently only makes the body of Logia users get interacted as thought it were solid.
  • Kizaru's Sword is not a part of his body, but a construct.
When Kizaru and Rayleigh's Sword clashes, it makes a "KLANG" SFX which is the sound made when something solid hits a metal object.

If Rayleigh's Sword is repelling Kizaru's Light-sabre because of Haki, then that would mean that Kizaru could shoot a beam of light and Rayleigh could potentially grab it with Haki, and I doubt that is possible.

Personally, I think anything hard enough would have repelled Kizaru's sword since it appears to be like solid light which is odd in itself. However, might have to wait to see more of Kizaru's fights.

Cavendish

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

If instead Buchi it was a DF user and Zoro's sword was made out of seastone it would be a cheap advantage as it would cancel DF abilities of the enemies.
Whether its Logia, Zoan or Paramecia, as long as they touch the sword they would be forced back into their normal state. Zoro doesn't need such an advantage.

Cursed blades are something I can see happening but still unclear if it would be any kind of power-up.
I have no clue why my links doesnt work - but here is the picture of the marine who had the "rust-rust fruit" who took out Zoros sword "Yubashiri"
Suppose it was a part of the plot of Zoro getting the Wano Samurais sword etc etc. I'm not a fan of him having a sword out of seastone, that should be something Usopp could use bullets for or Franky having fists made out of it. But as a Swordsman - he should collect some of the rarest swords in One Piece.
https://goo.gl/images/2JcRHJ

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
@nik87

Only time I've seen something that could prove your theory right is this scene:

Not sure if he's grabbing it with Armament Haki or this is the work of his Yami Yami no Mi since it can absorb attacks too I think.

thedude

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
The thing is Armament Haki apparently only makes the body of Logia users get interacted as thought it were solid.
  • Kizaru's Sword is not a part of his body, but a construct.
When Kizaru and Rayleigh's Sword clashes, it makes a "KLANG" SFX which is the sound made when something solid hits a metal object.

If Rayleigh's Sword is repelling Kizaru's Light-sabre because of Haki, then that would mean that Kizaru could shoot a beam of light and Rayleigh could potentially grab it with Haki, and I doubt that is possible.

Personally, I think anything hard enough would have repelled Kizaru's sword since it appears to be like solid light which is odd in itself. However, might have to wait to see more of Kizaru's fights.
I think you are trying to apply too much logic to the manga. The way that scene happened was "Haki can stop him", and then "let's have them fight with swords". I really don't think Oda was putting as much thought into the implications of a light sword and haki as you are now. And haki has changed so much post time skip. Seriously, we are 9 years in, and not a single person has used haki like Sentomoru or the snake sisters did against Luffy. Before the timeskip, you had 4 people use it like that (Rayleigh against the elephant when he was training Luffy is the 4th). Since the timeskip, 9 years of battles, 0 people have used it like that, but plenty of people have used CoA haki.

So, don't spend too much time thinking about those things, especially the pre-timeskip haki stuff. Oda was still working it out, and I think he just thought a sword clash where neither really damages the other worked better than a fist fight, so therefore, Rayleighs sword could block the light sword.

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I'm willing to bet haki wouldn't nullify Jozu's diamond body or make it normal, but I don't know if he turns his skin into diamond or if it works more like an extra layer, but it seems to be a paramecia. Haki would probably make it easier to get past the diamond body though.

In any case, why would enemies grab blades? I can see Zoro getting a seastone sword if it's a powerful and fearsome sword, but otherwise he probably wouldn't care.

Reactions: Pea

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
But even if he gets the title WSS, Zoro didnt get it himself 100%

He was trained by the former WSS. He already has an unfair advantage over say Vista and any other that wants the title WSS.

A seastone sword would be great. What gets the Strawhats to be an intimadating force as the crew of the PK is fine with me.

Shit, give Nami a DF! GIVE EVERYONE DF'S AND RAID SUITS!!!
Its ok if he got help to become stronger. Even if he trained with WSS, it doesnt guarantee he will. His training allowed him to grow stronger but it was Zoro who actually did. The WSS is going to be someone who should be able to slice up everything. Someone who's extremely skilled with a sword should be able to do more. Cutting has to do with hardness and armament haki would be an excellent way to achieve it.

I dont mind him getting the sea-stone blade as long as its not right away. At at this point of the storyline, i wanna see him grow and strengthen his observation more, and even his armament enough to showcase superiority in swordsmenship

The world's strongest swordsman seems to need one of, if not the, world's strongest Armament Haki. A seastone blade would be nifty... for Brook. It'd just be a hindrance to Zoro's development. That guy needs demon swords and whatever super-duper CoA Oda has in mind (that he introduced with Katakuri) to get better.
I agree, like i said, cutting has to do with hardness, Zoro has to have the strongest.

Maybe Zoro has like 12 swords and picks 3 to use as and when he desires.. :D getting carried over now...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Laws of physics are exaggerated.
Well, its got Devil in its name, everything has to have a devilish ability. :)

The only equation that can make sense is Pacifista's lazers, which seem to do tremendous damage and is called to be like Kizaru's lazer. Other than that, the strength of the person takes over.

I initially thought the DF just changes the body. We saw how Luffy when he was young was unable to do monstrous things but his body behaved like rubber. Perhaps that can justify trebol and smoker. If they are strong enough to lift ships by themselves, their DF act like an extension of their bodies and hence their ability, but i am sure there is something in the story that would contradict this too.

Only time I've seen something that could prove your theory right is this scene:

Not sure if he's grabbing it with Armament Haki or this is the work of his Yami Yami no Mi since it can absorb attacks too I think.
I dont think its Haki. Oda has never shown BB capable of using haki, and WB even told him he overestimates his ability which is his weakness... That has to be Yami Yami no mi working.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

I'm willing to bet haki wouldn't nullify Jozu's diamond body or make it normal, but I don't know if he turns his skin into diamond or if it works more like an extra layer, but it seems to be a paramecia. Haki would probably make it easier to get past the diamond body though.
I find it interesting that Jozu's DF is unnamed, unless it was in databooks. But we did see him make certain object diamondissh so its likely to be a paramecia. Also, haki wouldn't be enough to cut them. You need your haki to be stronger to cut through diamond. And that's assuming Josu doesnt use haki to add more protection.
--- Double Post Merged, ---

EDIT: Jozu is confirmed to have eaten kira kira no mi, a paramecia.

roggie

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Can seastone be imbued in haki?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I find it interesting that Jozu's DF is unnamed, unless it was in databooks. But we did see him make certain object diamondissh so its likely to be a paramecia. Also, haki wouldn't be enough to cut them. You need your haki to be stronger to cut through diamond. And that's assuming Josu doesnt use haki to add more protection.
I think it's a combination of haki and own strength to get past Jozu's diamond shield. Zoro having a seastone sword could help him, especially if he's to face opponents way tougher than him.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
It will help him alright, my point is it dilutes the character. Again, my argument is purely an opinion on which way his strengths should come from.

Ēsu Taichou

Reaction score
Country
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not but, I had a thought that maybe King and Old man Hyogoro may infact be related or have some type of connection just due to the similarities in the fires around the necks and back.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
I personally don't know. But here is an interesting theory:

Seastone imbues the "Willpower" of the Sea! We know it contains the essence, but what exactly does that mean? We are told it is solidified "sea". We also know that the clouds of Sky Islands have some kind of connection with a mineral related to seastone, or somesuch. That explanation was not touched on a lot in Skypeia and it always made me guess there was a kind of relationship.

We know Devil Fruits can be eaten by objects. That is weird. Would it be so odd for the sea to have a Haki of sorts? Not actively or intelligently, but something akin to it that renders Keiroseki completely immune to Haki?

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Most likely so by normal haki users as they shouldn't be affected by the seastone.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this or not but, I had a thought that maybe King and Old man Hyogoro may infact be related or have some type of connection just due to the similarities in the fires around the necks and back.
King could have served under Hyogoro or been his rival, and he hated Hyo's way like Hodi hates Neptune's way of peace. Probably led to him betraying Hyo and joining up with Kaidou.

Ēsu Taichou

Reaction score
Country
King could have served under Hyogoro or been his rival, and he hated Hyo's way like Hodi hates Neptune's way of peace. Probably led to him betraying Hyo and joining up with Kaidou.
Could be one of the above^.
I was thinking he was his son (potentially) who just hated the way he was leading the Yakuza and ended being betraying him when Kaidou took over Wano.

Infinity Edge

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Casterly Rock
Nice, I was cringing at the lackluster treament of Zoro in this arc. Happy to see him do something cool.

The Udon prison continues to be a fart in the wind rather than a real threat. :fail

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Special-body paramecia aren't returned to their normal state, they're just made tangible to the physical impact of the CoA user's attack. Same might even be true for logia and even zoans to some extent, but seastone doesn't nullify the change. It nullifies the user's control of their DF power.

Hannibal Psyche

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think you are trying to apply too much logic to the manga. The way that scene happened was "Haki can stop him", and then "let's have them fight with swords". I really don't think Oda was putting as much thought into the implications of a light sword and haki as you are now. And haki has changed so much post time skip. Seriously, we are 9 years in, and not a single person has used haki like Sentomoru or the snake sisters did against Luffy. Before the timeskip, you had 4 people use it like that (Rayleigh against the elephant when he was training Luffy is the 4th). Since the timeskip, 9 years of battles, 0 people have used it like that, but plenty of people have used CoA haki.

So, don't spend too much time thinking about those things, especially the pre-timeskip haki stuff. Oda was still working it out, and I think he just thought a sword clash where neither really damages the other worked better than a fist fight, so therefore, Rayleighs sword could block the light sword.
I don't believe Haki has changed at all. It still does exactly the same as it did pre-skip. There's not a thing I can recall that differs from how it was represented. What is called a different application is actually a misreading of the graphical panel.

A lot of these misunderstands are made clear if people read the VIZ because of the SFX which adds more context to scenes that might otherwise not make sense.

First thing that needs be established is that "WHAM" is an SFX that denotes 2 surfaces hitting the other. It is consistently seen throughout the VIZ.

The thing you call "shock-wave/new old of Haki" is just the point-of-impact which can also be seen when Luffy punches the Gorgon sisters; it's an imagery device Oda uses to highlight impact. It's much clearer here in the VIZ:
  • Rayleigh hitting the Elephant, WHAM and Impact-circle present.
  • Seen with Sentomaru, Impact-circle present.
  • Impact Circle against the Gorgon sisters.
What Oda was doing here was really showcasing that Armament Haki is hard, and that's why Luffy's attacks bounced off. Just going back to the Gorgon sisters, what happened when he used Gear 2nd when she tried to defend with Haki? No deflection, Gear 2nd makes Luffy stronger and therefore, no deflection this time, it hit hard and she fell.
  • Impact Circle present again.
Haki has not changed, it's remained consistent.

As for whether I'm applying too much logic, I'd say more like I'm trying to stay consistent with what has already been shown in the Manga. Things have to make sense within context and the rules set in the OP world.

I dont think its Haki. Oda has never shown BB capable of using haki, and WB even told him he overestimates his ability which is his weakness... That has to be Yami Yami no mi working.
For one, it'd be odd if someone like Blackbeard, a 20+ year member of the crew wasn't a Haki user. The Vivre-card has confirmed it.
Blackbeard was the first to commend Luffy on his Haki. It indicated he was an Observation Haki user at the very least.

And also, this fight with Ace shows Blackbeard using Haki that a lot of people missed.
One thing not well known about Blackbeard's Yami Yami no Mi, it doesn't deactivate DF powers of others on contact, it only does so if he grabs the person or is in continuous contact with them. I assure you, no exception where a DF power is deactivated simply for being in contact with him.
It's only when he Grabs. Any other form of contact doesn't negate the DF; if there's no grab, there's no deactivation.
Blackbeard hit Ace when he didn't grab him meaning he hit him with Armament Haki.

Highly doubt the guy who took Shanks with his strength lacks Haki especially being a veteran in the crew. All Whitebeard's statement about Blackbeard meant is not that he lacks Haki, but that he's simply overconfident.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Luffy releasing his CoC haki was kool, I like his smirked as he knocked out the weak warriors..

Zoro seems to be getting a bit of action. Surprising he hasn't had more of a role to play, after attacking that official..

I have very mixed feelings on the pacing & chapter layout this arc...Its like Oda is skipping or cutting out certain scenes. For example Sanji's escape with Robin & Nami..Like how did Sanji manage to escape Hawkins & XDrake; With no diversions,

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Special-body paramecia aren't returned to their normal state, they're just made tangible to the physical impact of the CoA user's attack. Same might even be true for logia and even zoans to some extent, but seastone doesn't nullify the change. It nullifies the user's control of their DF power.
What happens to Luffy when he touches seastone? You can forget his gears and any ability from the fruit, thus he is returned to his base form without any ability from the DF working. Logia and Zoan will be treated the same, they wont be able to use DF while touching seastone. What happened to Marco while touching seastone?

aster4jaden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sanji gave me a laugh, may he never change and i'm liking Queen even more. For some reason I had this idea of him being a blatant sadistic torturer I have no idea why I thought he'd be like that.