On Break One Piece Chapter 980 Discussion

#1 Rate this week's chapter?

• Total voters

aster4jaden

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Drop it? You said he got back up and I proved he didn't lol sure we can drop it but don't act like I'm being unreasonable all of a sudden. I just corrected you, nothing further.

Have a nice day tho!
Oops my fault, I meant he was standing up and confronted Luffy as Luffy was crawling out that hole. Sorry about that I worded that wrongly.

KingRiel

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
so the luffy training about making his defense better with the invisible haki was for nothing and also his observation haki... for he lost to apoo... how he can beat kaido seriously oda trying to hype apo for nothing... we can see that apoo attacks are so slow why luffy didnt react to attack him quickly and end him... i'm so disappointed man
That's Oda's writting declining, imagine fighting katakuri a few chapters before (and winning), just to get KO by apoo a few chapters later, along with your vice captain, and they are supposed to defeat kaido and big mom this arc, it's hilarious. I get why Oda DID this, to make apoo a little better, but this isn't okay at this point and time in the story.

King Moe

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
To avenge yasu, taking down the beast pirate mans the same thing as taking down orochi himself coz orochi was powerless without them. This chapter zoro said he and luffy are going to fight kaido. Read back this chapter before you reply to this
Not that he wants him, but more Kaido in general of his group. Zoro get mushed like Apoo did to him, but much worse. Also by your logic to those who said they want Kaido, that means Momosuke, Kinemon, Hiyori, and so on will join the fight. Stop Headcannon your way. If Apoo was able to beat Zoro easily to run away, Kaido would destroy Zoro instantly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Your favourite fainter didn't faint and he is the center piece of the entire arc. The only way through this is deep breaths.
Who said he fainted in the fight? I didn't, but Apoo made him go on his knees after being damage which is Canon too ;).

Stop damage control and admit Zoro got worse in exchange. You can never admit when Zoro is bad spot and it's hurting your argument.

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
Not that he wants him, but more Kaido in general of his group. Zoro get mushed like Apoo did to him, but much worse. Also by your logic to those who said they want Kaido, that means Momosuke, Kinemon, Hiyori, and so on will join the fight. Stop Headcannon your way. If Apoo was able to beat Zoro easily to run away, Kaido would destroy Zoro instantly.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Who said he fainted in the fight? I didn't, but Apoo made him go on his knees after being damage which is Canon too ;).

Stop damage control and admit Zoro got worse in exchange. You can never admit when Zoro is bad spot and it's hurting your argument.
Apoo did not beat zoro? Did zoro get knocked out? Don't think so. Even luffy got K.O. but he will still beat kaido. Zoro has a chance to join the fight against kaido

Sereen123

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I’m just trying to understand the logic... after getting destroyed in water 7, Luffy was dominating Enies Lobby until he met Rob Lucci again. You didn’t see Luffy get hit by any other CP9 members on the train ride or in lobby, infact Oda had Luffy destroy blueno by showing off G2. Now Oda has Luffy get destroyed by Kaido, vow to beat him and train, then the moment he gets in enemy territory he gets hit by Appo. Um what?

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
I’m just trying to understand the logic... after getting destroyed in water 7, Luffy was dominating Enies Lobby until he met Rob Lucci again. You didn’t see Luffy get hit by any other CP9 members on the train ride or in lobby, infact Oda had Luffy destroy blueno by showing off G2. Now Oda has Luffy get destroyed by Kaido, vow to beat him and train, then the moment he gets in enemy territory he gets hit by Appo. Um what?
Cheap shot, simply... Also, nobody is invulnerable that nobody can touch him...

Sachsenhesse

Reaction score
Country
Germany
Cheap shot from Zoro wouldnt result in nothing, even on her and Kaido.
They would result in nothing. Gear4 cheapshot Luffy to Kaidou did literally nothing and our boy didnt showed anything yet that trumps this.

Lexusflame

Reaction score
Country
United States
They would result in nothing. Gear4 cheapshot Luffy to Kaidou did literally nothing and our boy didnt showed anything yet that trumps this.
But but sharp sticks!

Remember it said she was invulnerable to all forms of damage EXCEPT sharp poky thing. People forget that part lol

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
i disagree. Visibility should not be an issue here. CoO should be able to see attacks invisible to an eye, just like katakuri predicting incoming attacks from his back
How is incoming attacks from his back invisible to eye? Anyone who can see behind him can see the attack, and it likely has a presence. Plus, probably various other factors as well, like Luffy actually needing to activate FS.

But Luffy saw his hands cutted off by Mihawk didnt he? He could atleast anticipate where his attack would hit him and parry with haki.
I don't think that had anything to do with haki, but rather knowledge of Mihawk and what he could do.

Admiral Teach

Reaction score
Country
Water Tribe
Cheap shot from Zoro wouldnt result in nothing, even on her and Kaido.
That woman right there will likely be revealed as strongest swordswoman in the world. He's got a few Executives to fight before he tries to tackle her. (I'll bet even Mihawk fears fighting her. After all... if you somehow lose, for some reason... you are going to be married... possibly to the big gal herself)

Grandmaster Woro

Reaction score
Country
Austria
How is incoming attacks from his back invisible to eye? Anyone who can see behind him can see the attack, and it likely has a presence. Plus, probably various other factors as well, like Luffy actually needing to activate FS.

I don't think that had anything to do with haki, but rather knowledge of Mihawk and what he could do.
FS is always activated unless the user is overwhelmed with emotions. What i mean for the katakuri example is that katakuri still knew what's going to happen even if the attack invisible by his eyes, but he could see the future so he knew what's going to happen.
His power is literally clairvoyance skill (although very limited). He could even see the scene where pudding cries even though he didn't know what caused that.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
FS is always activated unless the user is overwhelmed with emotions. What i mean for the katakuri example is that katakuri still knew what's going to happen even if the attack invisible by his eyes, but he could see the future so he knew what's going to happen.
His power is literally clairvoyance skill (although very limited). He could even see the scene where pudding cries even though he didn't know what caused that.
I'm not talking about invisible by someone's eyes, but invisible in general, like sound waves. If CoO has to be actively used, then why wouldn't the same apply for FS? Luffy also didn't seem to be as calm as needed, nor would he have known what to look out for. It also looks like FS is focused on something specific? Like, out of different scenarios that could have happened, Katakuri managed to see the ones that mattered to him the most, like Sanji dodging or Luffy attacking, but not Luffy being attacked by Flambe.

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Brazil
It's a Yonko crew.

That scene was precisely to show the difference.

nik87

Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Luffy's hits have never been anywhere close to effective as Zoro's slashes and Zoro isnt going to punch her. You saw what Oden did with one slash to Kaido...
It's time to stop comparing punches with slices, punches never stood a chance. Also, take a look at Luffy vs candy and Amande vs candy.
Also, there is a fact that she blocked Kaido's club with her sword, if she were invulnerable she would have taken it with her body and laughed it off...
That woman right there will likely be revealed as strongest swordswoman in the world. He's got a few Executives to fight before he tries to tackle her. (I'll bet even Mihawk fears fighting her. After all... if you somehow lose, for some reason... you are going to be married... possibly to the big gal herself)
She is strong, sure but Mihawk would win and still marry her. :teehee
Zoro is borderline top tier swordsman, nobody can afford to take a clean hit from him, at least a hit when he gives his best. In worst-case scenario I could see it play out like against tekkai users, she would be immune against regular slashes but as soon as Shishi Sonson, ISDS, Asura moves pop out, she would be cut...

llaubacher

Reaction score
Country
Czech Republic
Man, waited 2 weeks, swore off the spoilers, didn't check the 17 pages of discussion in here ... only to read what I just read (chapter 980 I mean). Can't say the chapter satisfied me, a hardcore One Piece fan, AT ALL.

Luffy and Kid wreaking havoc was expected but the manner in which it just happened. Meh. Also, Apoo really is a cunt. Would be cool if he got killed this arc. Oh wait, he has a "P" in his name so he would get saved just like Pound or Pell. So you don't even have to try, Oda, won't trust you on this one.

Luffy and Zoro getting owned ... They did not get beaten, I know! And they have no idea what Apoo's powers are, I know! But his attacks don't even look menacing, yet Zoro's chest gets sliced and Luffy on one page looks like he just fought another Katakuri-scale fight? Oda, please. I know these are difficult times but that's not an excuse for poor writing. Again, I am not saying the manga is bad but this chapter sure was. Sad part is it's another 2 weeks till new chapter. This chapter ain't even worth the discussion, man! No Yamato whom most of us expected in the chapter either. Also, Luffy using Elephant Gun on some fodder? Could have just knocked him out with Conqueror's or probably even a basic hit going un-noticed. What the feck, seriously! Oh and yeah, Luffy didn't know Apoo's powers but does Kenbusoshoku haki rings any bells? Guess not until you can die. Oh wait, you can die here quite easily.

Like what are we supposed to talk about? Kid vs Apoo? Obvious and expected. The fact that nobody from the present fodders should be able to cause trouble for Luffy or Zoro? Obvious, only Queen there can do that or maybe someone with tricky Devil Fruit until they realize how to counter that. (Apoo is long-distance fighter so I guess Zoro could deal with him with flying slashes and Luffy with all of his attacks as they are long-distance) Some might guess which of the Tobi Roppo Queen wants to get rid off ... but why? Don't feel like it's interesting to say the least.

Queen fucked up, he knows it, realizes it. If someone will be rid off, it could very well be him after this.

Now the suffering begins, 2 weeks waiting for something that hopefully will be worth of being discussed about. This was an utter trash but I have to admit there was one moment where I burst out laughing - Zoro's words upon finding Luffy and Kid's reaction, that was hilarious. Doesn't change the fact the rest was trash. Sigh. To those who enjoyed the chapter, you're entitled to have your own opinion and I am not going to argue about it. You're lucky if you were able to enjoy this. See you in 2 weeks I guess.

costicla

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Romania
Kid is finally realizing just how crazy the Strawhats are. Can't wait to see his face when he finds out about Luffy's bounty.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
By now, no supernova should be surprised given the captain went to Impel Down, broke out, partook in the Marineford War, survived, and went back to ring the bell. After taking down two or three shichibukai, going to Enies Lobby to rescue someone, and punching a Tenryuubito. I guess Kidd is more shocked that two adults can't follow a simple plan or care about self-preservation as well?