• Total voters

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A reminder the series is currently on a break (one of Oda's breaks) , with spoilers for ch985 expected week beginning 13th July. Ch985 will also be a double issue, meaning there will unfortunately be another break (WSJ magazine break) after this too. Reminders will be posted as we go along.

ch984 - current chapter - official online release 05/07
Oda Break
ch985 - spoilers from 13th July - official online release 20/07
WSJ Break
ch986 - spoilers from 27th July - official online release 02/08
ch987 - spoilers from 3rd Aug - official online release 09/08
WSJ Break

Aki1991

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
So this week we should get a chapter. I was confused that they are no spoilers out yet.

aster4jaden

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I agree, you can be whoever you want to be. But there is no need to force it into other peoples faces and demand that they accept it and treat them differently.

Last edited by a moderator:

woefdram

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
So this week we should get a chapter. I was confused that they are no spoilers out yet.
It's Tuesday and I was also thinking...where are the spoilers

See how spoiler spoiled we've become in a few short months
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I agree, you can be whoever you want to be. But there is no need to force it into other peoples faces and demand that they accept it and treat them differently.

And what is being Transphobic? For what I can tell simply using Science is now considered Transphobic. Am I Transphobic? I'm against ANY type of modification to our Bodies, even medical (i've had three eye operations and feared for my life). We are not play dough and i've read about People simply having operations on their throats and dying on the table, personally I fear for people who transition because our bodies are VERY delicate and I fear they might be putting stress on them that could sadly lead to death.
Hi

This is an area about a manga in which:
- a sword can eat a fruit
- someone has the superpower to change someone's sex/gender on demand
- someone gets stuck in a treasure chest so decides to live in it
-someone has a chestnut growing on his head
- a talking reindeer has difficulty hiding

I am all for constructive debate on social issues, but please don't start them here.

It's bad enough we have to navigate through the incessant and inevitable sanji vs zoro debates that somehow start in every new spoiler discussion thread

Many thanks

aster4jaden

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It's Tuesday and I was also thinking...where are the spoilers

See how spoiler spoiled we've become in a few short months
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Hi

This is an area about a manga in which:
- a sword can eat a fruit
- someone has the superpower to change someone's sex/gender on demand
- someone gets stuck in a treasure chest so decides to live in it
-someone has a chestnut growing on his head
- a talking reindeer has difficulty hiding

I am all for constructive debate on social issues, but please don't start them here.

It's bad enough we have to navigate through the incessant and inevitable sanji vs zoro debates that somehow start in every new spoiler discussion thread

Many thanks
I completely agree, could you now please tell this to everyone else who is bringing social issues into this and not just single me out?

I'd be very grateful.

eefrit

Living Happy
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
That's the rub of it though. They can't be who they want to be if people don't accept it or treat them how they wish to be treated. They shouldn't have to justify their existence at every turn or the existence of those like them.

As for the rest of your post, nah. That ain't gonna fly.

Last edited:

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
We'll see, it's too early to tell. To be honest though, I wouldn't mind seeing Yamato betray Luffy, especially if he's charismatic. If he's an actual good person though, then it'd depend on the role and the personality he'd add to the crew. I think helping Luffy/the crew criteria could be ticked off depending on what he does this arc. If Yamato really wants to achieve what Oden wanted, then he should actually stay on Wano until the borders are reopened without a hitch, and see if he can get Wano to back Luffy.

Also quite stupid to see people whine about having a discussion on transgender people here. Much better than another same and tired argument regarding Zoro and/or Sanji. Especially when the transgender community is getting so much hate and prejudice.
Feels like we'll learn a bit more about Yamato the next chapter. TBH my biggest wonder is why Kaido wants to find Yamato. He doesn't seem suspicious that there's a massive raid inside his mansion..
I feel like there's more whining now than there was when Kamabakka Kingdom / Newkama Land were new.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Screw that, we will if we want to, as it relates to the chapter. Instead of complaining, just don't read if you don't like it, once again. Plus, it can help us predict what'll happen with Yamato or his intentions.

Feels like we'll learn a bit more about Yamato the next chapter. TBH my biggest wonder is why Kaido wants to find Yamato. He doesn't seem suspicious that there's a massive raid inside his mansion..
I feel like there's more whining now than there was when Kamabakka Kingdom / Newkama Land were new.
Probably for a wedding or because Yamato could be important for the celebration? I hope we don't get a long flashback though.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
When you realize, the Strawhats promised Momo and Kinemon they'd help them defeat Kaido and Orochi in Wano, since the Punk Hazard arc happened in 2012. :notamused

goldb

片翼の天使/ Katayoku no Tenshi
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When you realize, the Strawhats promised Momo and Kinemon they'd help them defeat Kaido and Orochi in Wano, since the Punk Hazard arc happened in 2012. :notamused
Reading OP is not for the faint hearted. One minute you're reading the stories in your early 20s, the next thing you know your son is asking you if Jinbei has joined the crew yet.

catagon87

Reaction score
Country
United States
Reading OP is not for the faint hearted. One minute you're reading the stories in your early 20s, the next thing you know your son is asking you if Jinbei has joined the crew yet.
OP readers happen to be exceptionally whiny about the pace, but it's still better than A Song of Ice and Fire. 9 years and we're still waiting on the next chapter. I suspect it will be 2022 before the close of Wano. I was talking with a friend about how the "HA" chapter came out in December of 2018, the other day.

Shasha23

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Dont remind us how old we are please :(, its like yesterday when the crew meet again and went to Fishman Island

hokageji

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
In regards to Yamato, I guess we'll see down the line whether he is a he or if he's a he as long as he's fascinated with Oden or a guy. Out of curiosity though, is Yamato generally a boy name or can it be a unisex name?
I think it is usually a boy's name and occasionally used as a girl's name. The mask he wore is definite pointer as a girl.

Kaido wants to find Yamato. He doesn't seem suspicious that there's a massive raid inside his mansion..
I think the beast pirates in general seem weak in terms of security and intelligence, compared to Big Mama pirates, but the fact that they have so many strong people in their crew compensates for that. Queen knows about the raid and should've communicated it back, but it probably puts him in trouble too.....

I think finding Yamato has to do with Linlin and introducing her. Maybe like someone mentioned, she is the debt Kaido owes? Or perhaps wants her to marry off someone from Big Mom's crew... Since all her alliances end up in marriages.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Oh, you have a son? Congratulations!
Such nostalgia. Tears are forming just thinking about it:XD
Quickly turned to anger when you remember the entire arc, as it wasn't popular.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yamato and Katakuri power couple soon.
hmmm...... but Yamato is like Oden so he would he become the same level of pervert too??? I think Yamato being forced to marry itself can become the main theme of the arc, but i can see Katakuri as the best fit.

FetherMan

Reaction score
Country
South Africa

This wasn't meant to be a complaint, but rather a testament to how Oda has taken this simple story goal through various story arcs and developed original chracters and created new favorites, too. I'll more than likely be Garp's age, when the adventure ends, all love here. ✌😎

MUIMadara

Reaction score
Country
Canada
This wasn't meant to be a complaint, but rather a testament to how Oda has taken this simple story goal through various story arcs and developed original chracters and created new favorites, too. I'll more than likely be Garp's age, when the adventure ends, all love here. ✌😎
Yessir, FetherMan-Dono.

If it ever does end lol