One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter | Page 109 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh4dx

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Greece
Re: One Piece 553 Discussion/ 554 Predictions Thread

Im new to one piece.. and i do not know where to start..lmao :L

where should i start!!? coz i cbb reading 500+ chapters
first chapter, romance dawn xD

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Seriously, if you can't be bothered to read it all, then don't read it at all. This isn't a manga you can read part of then claim to have an opinion about. Therefore, the only answer to this is: Chapter one. 553 chapters will go by in an instant once you've gotten into it. :tem

The most amazing thing about One Piece is the huge universe Oda keeps building up piece by piece, after all. You wouldn't understand half of what was going on (and even less the references to earlier chapters) if you just skipped half the story.

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Well there is a way around reading ALL the chapters (at least that's how many of us got into One Piece): watch the anime - preferably the original version <.<' dubbed - and then only read the last like 50 - 100 chapters of the manga. Sooner or later you will encounter Oda's amazingness and his ability to make you reread it anyway :amuse

oh and if you go by anime you might want to consult one of the one piece wikis concerning filler parts/episodes/arcs in case you want to go through it fast.

Gcat88

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil

i know people that have read 500+ chaps of OP in a week, it took me jus bout a month. i recommend u read everything, ull understand a lot more that way. its duable u jus have to find the time for it.

Roarchu

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

I'd read all of it...but if you really want then i'd start reading from like 316...

really, you should read all of it man, you can take your time

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Well there is a way around reading ALL the chapters (at least that's how many of us got into One Piece): watch the anime - preferably the original version <.<' dubbed - and then only read the last like 50 - 100 chapters of the manga. Sooner or later you will encounter Oda's amazingness and his ability to make you reread it anyway :amuse

oh and if you go by anime you might want to consult one of the one piece wikis concerning filler parts/episodes/arcs in case you want to go through it fast.
This isn't that bad, either. It's how I got through One Piece the first time. Watched the anime to where it was at the time, around episode 270-280 (a bit after Robin flashbacks), then read the manga from there. If one does choose this option, though, I strongly recommend to read the manga from Thriller Bark and onwards because it was somewhere around then that the anime started decreasing in quality.

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Start at the beginning! Definitely! But don't think of it as a chore that you have to do to get to the story... it is the story!

You will love every page, and you will won't even reach the end before you want to reread it! When you do reread it, it will almost seem like a new chapter because you get new meaning out of it every time you do.

Oda-sensei wrote 533 chapters but I have read thousands. :)

Lee-tyme7

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yea, it might be Pluto or one of the ancient weapons AY!. It would make sense that they are down there since Impel Down WAS the impenetrable fortress AY!. I believe that he will probably destroy Marineford with the the ancient weapon AY!. It would be something like the Democlies in Code Geass with the nuclear bomb thing AY!.
That might be a good theory but if Pluto is in ID then why didn't Croco stay behind to obtain it? Plus Pluto or Pluton which ever it is was describe as a battle ship and ID is underwater so for your theory to be plausible it would have to be that other ancient weapon: Poseidon. Which was describe as a submarine.
I've heard other theory that BB might gone to ID for Rogers remain so that Moria can make a Pirate King zombie. LOL!!

Xenos3421

Reaction score
Country
United States

You only think that cuz you haven't gotten addicted yet. The minute it catches you it wont let go and you go f'n crazy (see left arm). it's not advisable to start in the middle of it, but you know- fuck it- it'll be like star wars; with except the beginning of one piece actually being really really good.

and with the way oda's universe will just bring up something from 500 chapters ago makes it a little hard to get, but on the other hand if or when you do get to them it'll be like every other chapter a lightbulb goes off and blah blah blah

but i'll be honest, the 550's is not a great place to to start.
this battle may just be the most epic fight in the series so far. You might not the context of the war or just how different this is in the world/style of a one piece arc.
I suggest starting at about 430.

It's right when the crew gets back to Water 7, it's kinda awkward that its wraping up the last arc, but it's setting up most of the elements of this war and Thriller Bark is as an amazingly well crafted arc. That should be all it takes. i dunno, is 70 chapters to much?

oh and if your starting the anime way i say screw it and jump in at 273! Or anywhere really, the anime just gets progressively better and better.

Blendo

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Singapore
how do you pronounce luffy!

personally i say luf-fee. alot of people i know say loo-fee. how do you pronounce it?

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
Reaction score
Country
France

I say Lufee (= Loufy in French)

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

i am unable to pronounce japanesse names so i jus say the captain. xD i dont think it matters how u say it, as long as people get the point.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I'm not sure how to explain how the "u" should be pronounced, so I'll have to show it. Go to this video, and skip to 2:25. Listen to how Luffy pronounces his own name. That's the right way to pronounce it, except that the "R" should be an "L", but the Japanese have issues with that.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

lets talk bout something besides the pronunciation of names....like what will happen in order for the SH to meet up??

Raysen_ht

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I think the only way for them to meet, is to follow Reylegh Vivre card... The world is too big for them to "randomly" run into each other

bittman

Reaction score
Country
Australia

But at the same time, it would be amusing if some randomly met with each other along the way. But yes, the only real way at the moment is the Rayleigh Vivre Card.

Still, a reunion is, at minimum...what are we at now?
1 Chopper
2 Brooke
2 Nami
2 Zoro

At least 2 months away really if we throw a colour spread at the end of all that, as Oda probably will. Perhaps he'll even do a "Where are they now - Luffy" for some awesome, though I doubt it.

I expect the Whitebeard war with the WG to go on about that long at a minimum. To me this basically says that as Luffy returns to Shabondy and Rayleigh he'll either:

A) Have his crew already there, ready to go
B) Have some of his crew already there, ready to wait/search for others
C) Have none of his crew there...but then Luffy's kind of stuck, unless Oda somehow has reverse Vivre Cards and Luffy's currently temporary crew stick with him for a bit longer whilst they search.

I expect A, only because I don't think Oda will want to stick Luffy in the old world for too long, and most cover stories have the Strawhat's resolving their own issues.

Roarchu

Reaction score
Country
Mexico

Hey just a question

Luffy's fast because of Gear 2nd or Soru or both? if it's both, then do you think he uses Soru when he's not using Gear 2nd?

Fox666

Reaction score
Country
Galactic Empire

He can use Soru on Gear 2, but he can use several fast attacks that have nothing to do with Soru. I suppose he doesn't have the technique to use Soru in his normal state...

Wowzers

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Canada

I wouldn't be quite so sure of that. Soru is a skill that humans (non-devil fruit users) can use so I imagine once Luffy became used to using it, he wouldn't have to be in gear2 to use it. In other words, it would get easier to use with experience.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

I wouldn't be quite so sure of that. Soru is a skill that humans (non-devil fruit users) can use so I imagine once Luffy became used to using it, he wouldn't have to be in gear2 to use it. In other words, it would get easier to use with experience.
Theoretically, he could train himself to kick the ground that quickly in his normal state, but I doubt he'll bother, it's not really worth the effort. I think that if Luffy wants speed, he'll just shift to Gear 2nd, which gives him the speed boost to pull of Soru, and makes his other attacks faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.