One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

quick sidenote guys, it's about the SBS from volume 54

source: greg from AP

I am abbreviating the shit out of these so I'm sorry.

Someone wants to know why Luffy reacted to Nami but not Boa.

He goes into a huge roundabout explanation but ultimately decides that it's because he was with Usopp who being the same age and all was a bad influence on him. It's not that he isn't interested, just that he doesn't act like that alone.

Someone asked why Luffy doesn't think about his options or express his psychological motivations ie. talk via thought bubbles.

Oda said he decided from the start he didn't want him to be like that and the one exception was Skypiea because that kind of expression was the same as a 'voice'. Remember the deal about the 'voice' of the bell.

Some asks if Wanze is a Yonkou.

He brushes it off.

Someone asks why Marigold got fat.

He says it isn't fat, it's muscle. To get stronger. She ate lots of chanko like sumo do.



From the left to right, the first 5 are Kuja Pirate Crew Members:

Ran, Rindou, Daisy, Cosmos, Blue Fan

Memo Freak: Nerine

Doctor: Belladonna

Lady's Maid: Enishida

Someone notes that Buggy was on the newspaper Nyon was reading.

Oda says yes indeed it's him. He describes the article's contents:

Thinking it was a cave containing Captain John's treasure, Buggy entered what he thought was a cave but was really A MARINE FORT and got captured.




R: Oda Sensei, hello. This is the first time I'm writing a letter to you. I always enjoy reading. And I really mean it. In Vol. 53's SBS you said, "I'm gettin' to the point where I'd like to finish off OP.", so I was quick to pick up my brush. Please, don't say that kind of thing. Please don't say things like, "Sorry to make you spend your money." I know it's the SBS and all but I have no question.

O: NO QUESTION!!...that aside, I was shocked at the mountain of letters and postcards I received regarding that comment from 53! Uh, first off, I had in my mind 'The Ideal Serial Manga Length', that is to say, 'The Extent That All Readers Can Purchase All Volumes'. It's a desire of one who writes the story but say for example we now have the SH Pirate Crew with its 9 members. At the start it was just Luffy setting out to sea alone right!? That's something that readers who jumped in along the way just don't know. The adventures they've been through, the growing crew, I want them to know all about it but I can't just tell everyone to buy all 50 volumes. I know that little kids don't just have money! That's why in the past I've tried different things like the collection books [Logs] so they could know it all and now, the companies Caramel Mama and Hearty Ware have helped me realized that dream of 'as cheap as possible'. It's too cheap!! 'Cuz it's free!! NICE FIGHT!!

We've created, "One Piece Web".It's a 'perfect story guide'. It explains the entire story. For the kids who can't afford all the books, go on and read it for free! Access it! (You adults out there buy the books.) Anyway, because I worry about that stuff is why I just let that comment slip out, I'm sorry. I have not lost my motivation yet. There's ONE thing I've wanted to do from the very start. To bring various threads together and show you "The Manga Where The Final Chapter [meaning 'section of'] Is The Most Amazing". In the grand story of One Piece we are but in the middle. If you have the time, please, stick around. I'm still striving to make a story the likes of which no one has ever read before. Now visit that site!

T^T




Someone notices that Boa was on the cover of Jump many years ago. (the one from CW)

He says that while some parts may have changed, that was indeed Boa. He says it was when they entered GL and he was asked by the editing dept. to draw some enemies that would be appearing from here on. He agreed and drew their backs. He says that even though it's a bit different, at the time he fully intended her to be Boa Hancock of the Shichibukai.

Someone asks about the CP9 members with Spandein and if the dude with glasses was Calipha's dad or not.

He says yes it is. And this wasn't some spur of the moment bullshit answer. He explained to his chief at the time that it was indeed her dad and that's the only person he told. He says most of CP9 are orphans raised by the govt. but he thought it would be interesting if there were kind of 'thoroughbred' members amongst them. Hence Calpiha.

Someone asks Oda to explain the original Fata Morgana. He does. Nothing surprising.

Hancock's Bday- Sep. 2nd

Shanks' Bday- Mar. 9th

Someone asks Oda to put a retarded looking face in Brook's head along with the dial. Brook agrees. Oda disagrees.

I have full confidence it will appear someday when we least expect it.

That's it for the Oda SBS.

Sorry I can't deal with the big comment now. I'm already late for work.

God I love this series.
 

Scrapheap

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Hi all,
I am also new to this site so it'll take a little while to fit in :)
While you were on the subject of WB/BB and Shanks, I was thinking what had BB actually done to give him those 3 scars? It's not as important but was curious as to how it achieved
 

xstationcubed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
112
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

actually its VERY important. How he gave Shanks those scars might be a good measure of his strength. Shanks said he wasn't careless but that doesn't necessarily mean that BB scarring him was solely based on power. If he was particularly clever he could concievably have injured him without being at Shanks' level.
 

Scrapheap

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 4, 2009
Messages
39
Reaction score
11
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Well i didn't mean it wasn't important like that, but it does make you think though, his DF power has no means of inflicting slashing damage to people. And as far as i'm aware, he doesn't use any swords/blades so how he was able to do that to a Yonkou when they were also not messing around is pretty well going. It makes me think that when Magellan got him with the poison without dodging or avoiding it, he has something planned.
 

BetaRuler

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
382
Reaction score
89
Gender
Hidden
Country
United Kingdom
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Id wonder if theres a reason why BB seems almost slow, he seems to take alot of the hits aimed at him anyway, in fact I don't think I've seen a single attack miss him yet.
 

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Id wonder if theres a reason why BB seems almost slow, he seems to take alot of the hits aimed at him anyway, in fact I don't think I've seen a single attack miss him yet.
Because he hasen't show to be exactly nimble, but he has show to be very tough and durable. Besides he doesn't need to avoid attacks because he can either suck them up into his darkness if need be. Or he can take the attack head on and then do a massive counter attck, like he did against Ace and Luffy.
 

Qc_stryder

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2009
Messages
202
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

he was probably absorbing the poison and the reason he was screaming is because he could feel the pain of the poison without taking damage. dont know what will happen to his crew tho. maybe they have the antidote
 

xstationcubed

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
May 28, 2009
Messages
112
Reaction score
28
Age
39
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

he can't absorb something that's inside his body. that'd be ridiculous and entirely too convenient for Oda's style.
 

Gcat88

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
659
Reaction score
37
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

i havent been here in a while but now im back!!!! BB is not dead, i believe wat most ppl believe, his doctor will cure him or something like that. there is no way he can absorb it. wat i want to c is if all these ppl will jus die or if Magellan is actually going to help them and make them actually suffer in prison. shiryu is not goin to join BB. remember what he said, HE HATES PIRATES!!!!
 

Sherlock Holmes

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 10, 2007
Messages
1,628
Reaction score
173
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

You know, I was playing Monkey Island yesterday...
And I can't help but imagine how awesome it would be to see Guybrush in the straw hat crew.

And see him fighting Zoro.

Zoro:"This is the ultimate style, the three sword style, and this attack is my-"
Guybrush:"How appropriate. You fight like a cow."
[Zoro's swords break due to the awesomeness of the insult]
 

antlac

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 2, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

quick sidenote guys, it's about the SBS from volume 54

source: greg from AP

I am abbreviating the shit out of these so I'm sorry.

Someone wants to know why Luffy reacted to Nami but not Boa.

He goes into a huge roundabout explanation but ultimately decides that it's because he was with Usopp who being the same age and all was a bad influence on him. It's not that he isn't interested, just that he doesn't act like that alone.

Someone asked why Luffy doesn't think about his options or express his psychological motivations ie. talk via thought bubbles.

Oda said he decided from the start he didn't want him to be like that and the one exception was Skypiea because that kind of expression was the same as a 'voice'. Remember the deal about the 'voice' of the bell.

Some asks if Wanze is a Yonkou.

He brushes it off.

Someone asks why Marigold got fat.

He says it isn't fat, it's muscle. To get stronger. She ate lots of chanko like sumo do.



From the left to right, the first 5 are Kuja Pirate Crew Members:

Ran, Rindou, Daisy, Cosmos, Blue Fan

Memo Freak: Nerine

Doctor: Belladonna

Lady's Maid: Enishida

Someone notes that Buggy was on the newspaper Nyon was reading.

Oda says yes indeed it's him. He describes the article's contents:

Thinking it was a cave containing Captain John's treasure, Buggy entered what he thought was a cave but was really A MARINE FORT and got captured.




R: Oda Sensei, hello. This is the first time I'm writing a letter to you. I always enjoy reading. And I really mean it. In Vol. 53's SBS you said, "I'm gettin' to the point where I'd like to finish off OP.", so I was quick to pick up my brush. Please, don't say that kind of thing. Please don't say things like, "Sorry to make you spend your money." I know it's the SBS and all but I have no question.

O: NO QUESTION!!...that aside, I was shocked at the mountain of letters and postcards I received regarding that comment from 53! Uh, first off, I had in my mind 'The Ideal Serial Manga Length', that is to say, 'The Extent That All Readers Can Purchase All Volumes'. It's a desire of one who writes the story but say for example we now have the SH Pirate Crew with its 9 members. At the start it was just Luffy setting out to sea alone right!? That's something that readers who jumped in along the way just don't know. The adventures they've been through, the growing crew, I want them to know all about it but I can't just tell everyone to buy all 50 volumes. I know that little kids don't just have money! That's why in the past I've tried different things like the collection books [Logs] so they could know it all and now, the companies Caramel Mama and Hearty Ware have helped me realized that dream of 'as cheap as possible'. It's too cheap!! 'Cuz it's free!! NICE FIGHT!!

We've created, "One Piece Web".It's a 'perfect story guide'. It explains the entire story. For the kids who can't afford all the books, go on and read it for free! Access it! (You adults out there buy the books.) Anyway, because I worry about that stuff is why I just let that comment slip out, I'm sorry. I have not lost my motivation yet. There's ONE thing I've wanted to do from the very start. To bring various threads together and show you "The Manga Where The Final Chapter [meaning 'section of'] Is The Most Amazing". In the grand story of One Piece we are but in the middle. If you have the time, please, stick around. I'm still striving to make a story the likes of which no one has ever read before. Now visit that site!

T^T




Someone notices that Boa was on the cover of Jump many years ago. (the one from CW)

He says that while some parts may have changed, that was indeed Boa. He says it was when they entered GL and he was asked by the editing dept. to draw some enemies that would be appearing from here on. He agreed and drew their backs. He says that even though it's a bit different, at the time he fully intended her to be Boa Hancock of the Shichibukai.

Someone asks about the CP9 members with Spandein and if the dude with glasses was Calipha's dad or not.

He says yes it is. And this wasn't some spur of the moment bullshit answer. He explained to his chief at the time that it was indeed her dad and that's the only person he told. He says most of CP9 are orphans raised by the govt. but he thought it would be interesting if there were kind of 'thoroughbred' members amongst them. Hence Calpiha.

Someone asks Oda to explain the original Fata Morgana. He does. Nothing surprising.

Hancock's Bday- Sep. 2nd

Shanks' Bday- Mar. 9th

Someone asks Oda to put a retarded looking face in Brook's head along with the dial. Brook agrees. Oda disagrees.

I have full confidence it will appear someday when we least expect it.

That's it for the Oda SBS.

Sorry I can't deal with the big comment now. I'm already late for work.

God I love this series.
Thx a lot for the info (great to know the reason why Buggy is captured). Hope Arlong Park.net will keep updating the SBS section
 

Guru Nanak

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
51
Reaction score
7
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

*random thought*
If Rayleigh and BlackBeard would fight...can rayleigh block BB's devil fruit with haki?(just like kizaru)
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Ray couldn't stop Kiz's fruit power. He could only bypass logia intangibility with haki. BB doesn't have a intangibility as a logia. So there is nothing to stop for him.
 

toxun

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2008
Messages
290
Reaction score
18
Gender
Male
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Blackbeard could absorb damage, not evade like another Logia Devil Fruit. He still couldn't absorb all at once, but by time he could do it (just like when he fought Ace). So, if Rayleigh attack Blackbeard directly, Blackbeard will take damage too (just like with Luffy) but he could absorb the damage & the pain he had.
 

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Blackbeard could absorb damage, not evade like another Logia Devil Fruit. He still couldn't absorb all at once, but by time he could do it (just like when he fought Ace). So, if Rayleigh attack Blackbeard directly, Blackbeard will take damage too (just like with Luffy) but he could absorb the damage & the pain he had.
Honestly Blackbeard could be killed by a simple gunshot.
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Blackbeard could absorb damage, not evade like another Logia Devil Fruit. He still couldn't absorb all at once, but by time he could do it (just like when he fought Ace). So, if Rayleigh attack Blackbeard directly, Blackbeard will take damage too (just like with Luffy) but he could absorb the damage & the pain he had.
He cannot absorbe the damage, his DF does not belong to the ones with intangibility : what is done, is done. For example, Ki Zaru recomposed his body after he suffered the Apoo's attack. That cannot be done by BB.
Nevertheless, he could absorb the pain.
 
Last edited:

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

He cannot absorbe the damage, his DF does not belong to the ones with intangibility : what is done, is done. For example, Ki Zaru recomposed his body after he suffered the Apoo's attack. That cannot be done by BB.
Nevertheless, he could absorb the pain.
I don't know is Blackbeard can absorb pain, we haven't seen him do that. At least i'm pretty sure we haven't. Thats something more along the lines of Kuma's ability. But if indeed Blackbeard can absord abstract things then he could probably absorb happiness or sadness or even Haki.
 

BlackHair

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Dec 10, 2006
Messages
2,503
Reaction score
1,005
Gender
Male
Country
Imperium of Mankind
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

BB absorbing damage and pain is maybe possible. Normally Ace attacks would toast somebody. Yet BB didn't even had scratches after the fight. He also sucked in the fire, so who knows maybe he can absorb damage and pain. HOWEVER not immediately, otherwise it would make him almost invulnerable, but that wouldn't work according to his own explanation.
 

ZelieL

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
22
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Poland
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Hello, I'm new here as You can see :)

BB told that everything has darkness even light, thats why he felt pain in fight with Ace. He is Logia type but like he said darkness is everywhere and thats why he can't just evade attacks, as a Logia type he can't be damaged so easly. We saw that Ace fire attacks affected BB but it didn't burn him they just hit BB w/o hurting him.
He will not die after you try to burn him but he will feel great pain. His power is his weak point also, simple physical punches mixed with Haki can be the solution but that is just my weird theory.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

I think Blackbeard having no wounds shown is not a sign of his devil fruit power absorbing damage. It's just Oda's way of stretching human capacity. Normally, Ace would have killed Blackbeard with that first Hiken of his. Instead, he got smudges on his coat and chest hair. In fact, he was never burning long enough for it to leave marks on his skin.
When Luffy punched him, Blackbeard hit the wall with his head and he was instantly bleeding. That means that no damage was absorbed. And that his DF has no such capabilities.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top