One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter | Page 107 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poneglyph420

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

I agree Ace will make it out alive, but IMO It will cost WB his life. If either they both die or both survive, there is no big shift of power. If the WG missed 2 kids they would be a joke, and would make what Ace's Mom did less impressive. If this arc is leading to a build up, It's a shift in power. A new age with new faces and powers. And hopefully the introduction of the Revolutionary side of things more..(After the last mini arc)...

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Funny how quick the topic changes. Any theories on how Luffy will become the PK?? will he defeat anyone in particular or is simply attaining One Piece enough to be considered the PK??

Gumbertschovskinov

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Funny how quick the topic changes. Any theories on how Luffy will become the PK?? will he defeat anyone in particular or is simply attaining One Piece enough to be considered the PK??
I think he's gonna be respected or what he does all around the world. He will define the term "pirate" and thus make it more positive than negative.
I guess after the strawhats discovers the secrets of the void century they will tell the world and ater that ultimately destroy the WG.
He's gonna be a hero all over the world. At least that are my thoughts :P

zerocooldx

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States

Has Dragon ever been called a pirate? I know hes a "revolutionary" and "the worlds most wanted man". But i don't remember him ever being specifically called a pirate.

Amida

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

Has Dragon ever been called a pirate? I know hes a "revolutionary" and "the worlds most wanted man". But i don't remember him ever being specifically called a pirate.
I don't believe Dragon's ever been called a pirate, just like Ikanov. They are "revolutionaries". Still outlaws, but just not....seafaring outlaws haha.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

I believe that Luffy will show the world that jus because someone is a pirate it doesnt make them a bad person. Dragon and the revolution arent pirates because they want to strictly destroy the WG. that is their goal, where as pirates, like Luffy, jus want to find one piece. P.S. my sexy smart girlfriend jus told me that BY DEFINITION Dragon is pirate.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Dragon's not a pirate, that would entail stealing from the World Government. A pirate is, after all, a form of a thief, usually referring to one who steals over water or air using ships. Dragon liberates countries, which makes him a revolutionary, as Oda called him. And pirates are by definition bad in that they live outside of any rules but their own. That's incompatible with governmental bodies, who like all of their subjects to follow their rules. It's just that some pirates are jerks about it also. It boils down to the Peace Main vs. Morganeer thing, really.

As to how Luffy will become the Pirate King, finding One Piece and thereby circumnavigating the globe by sailing through the Grand Line is enough to establish him as powerful and famous, which is what's needed to gain the popular title of "Pirate King". It's just a matter of living up to Roger's mythos, and once Luffy does that, the title will follow. Anything he does aside from that would be dealing with obstacles to obtaining One Piece. The World Government's downfall may be brought about in order for Luffy to get to One Piece, but that isn't really the point of things, it's just a by-product of the situation.

Last edited:

zerocooldx

Reaction score
Country
United States

The only reason i asked whether or not Dragon was ever refered to as a pirate, was because Dragon's power has never really been meassured. And seeing as hes clearly not a pirate then comparing his strength to pirates would be a bit "iffy". He really doesn't fit in any category, if anything hes somewhat in a league of his own i suppose.

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada

You know, I just realized more of Oda's genius.

Remember when Garp comes to Galley-La after W7? He refers to Luffy and Ace as separate, not really brothers, then talks about Luffy's father, not THEIR father, and even the marines saying Dragon has A son, not sons, and even in the anime of that ep, they show Garp, Luffy and Dragon - no Ace.

Oda really just used language formalities on us - we assumed that it would be both, but he was specifically talking about one, and he did it for a reason. Go Oda!

I believe that Luffy will show the world that jus because someone is a pirate it doesnt make them a bad person. Dragon and the revolution arent pirates because they want to strictly destroy the WG. that is their goal, where as pirates, like Luffy, jus want to find one piece. P.S. my sexy smart girlfriend jus told me that BY DEFINITION Dragon is pirate.
Dragon's not a pirate, that would entail stealing from the World Government. A pirate is, after all, a form of a thief, usually referring to one who steals over water or air using ships. Dragon liberates countries, which makes him a revolutionary, as Oda called him. And pirates are by definition bad in that they live outside of any rules but their own. That's incompatible with governmental bodies, who like all of their subjects to follow their rules. It's just that some pirates are jerks about it also. It boils down to the Peace Main vs. Morganeer thing, really.
Definitions don't really need to be there, but at the same time, they are. The world of one piece has pirates, revolutionaries, bandits, slave traders - they're all wanted by the WG, but they're not all pirates.

Last edited:

kilm

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States

You know, I just realized more of Oda's genius.

Remember when Garp comes to Galley-La after W7? He refers to Luffy and Ace as separate, not really brothers, then talks about Luffy's father, not THEIR father, and even the marines saying Dragon has A son, not sons, and even in the anime of that ep, they show Garp, Luffy and Dragon - no Ace.

Oda really just used language formalities on us - we assumed that it would be both, but he was specifically talking about one, and he did it for a reason. Go Oda!
You should always be wary of character dialog because it's possible that it's a mistranslation, slight or heavy. The scene at Water 7 could actually be interpreted in plurals, but one reason why it wasn't is because Ace wasn't at the scene nor was he really a part of the conversation.

The reason why Luffy and Ace were implied to have the same father (or at least blood related) is their language. They refer to each other as family お兄さん・弟 which many of us don't immediately conclude "Oh, one of them was adopted into the family."

Poneglyph420

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

Really important point.
Also this is beautiful work by Oda to "say but not say it".

Max Mojito

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada

Imagine Ace as a schi that would be sickk but i dnt like the idea of him being a pirate loyal to the WG

xstationcubed

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

He's a D. has any one of them ever actually accepted the rules? ever? even Saul quit the Marines.

and i gotta agree. Oda's a genius in terms of storyline. I started reading through a second time recently, and I've picked up so many comments that refer to things he hadn't even come close to introducing that its not even funny. The "liberation of the islands", Kaidou fighting Moria, Jimbei and Arlong, just a whole bunch of stuff that seemed insignificant at the time, but looking back at it is SO DAMN IMPORTANT.

Akainu

Magma♥
Reaction score
Country
Bavaria

I think him being a D is one of the reasons the government wanted him to be a Shichibukai. As we learned earlier they noticed just about the same time WB did, that he is Rogers son. Now what would be the easiest way to keep him near them and in control? Right. Make the boy a Shichibukai and order him around. :o

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States

He's a D. has any one of them ever actually accepted the rules? ever? even Saul quit the Marines.
Well Garp is a D, if I remember correctly. I guess he didn't exactly follow the rules when he could've caught Luffy at Water 7 and when he didn't tell anyone about Roger's kid, but other than those 2 instances, he seems to be quite the steadfast marine.

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Totally agree with the recent posts. the reason the gov't invited Ace was to keep an eye on him. think about that, all the shiki have had really high bounties in the past, and there are some which we still dont know. its a way for the gov't to keep a hold on the dangerous pirates and use them for the WG purposes. Garp is a D, and if you can tell he has his own way of doin things. he follows the WG and supports them but in a way he doesnt always listen to his superior, which pisses Sengoku off!!! Each D has their agenda, and has their own way of doin things.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Gcat88

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

Oda gets things from everywhere!!! and sometimes hell spilt one person in order to make two people, whitebeard and blackbeard.

Status
Not open for further replies.