One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter | Page 124 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razh

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Croatia

deffkryz

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Hancock in her late 30s? Where did you come up with that?

She's between 27 and 36 according to the wiki:
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Boa_Hancock#cite_ref-1

I would bet 27.
There's a range noted in the One Piece Wikia - that's why I said "late 30s". Either way, Hancock is ... *insert-Otaku-comment*

This is kinda off topic but..does anyone else think that haki is already being used by luffy in his attacks?..but only when he's in gear 2nd. I'm not sure but I think thats why he was able to bypass the snake sisters defense and actually hurt them..or maybe it was his sheer strength lol. I mean it's not like we've ever seen luffy on gear 2nd against a normal logia user(except for croc in chapter 557 but i dnt think that counts cuz he was wet) and when he fought sentomaru he was fighting normally. Also BB mentioned that his haki had improved when luffy punched him on gear 2nd.
I was gonna post this on the haki thread but no one's posted anything since 2008 lol.
I believe Luffy already began using "Haki-enhanced" attacks as he took down Bellamy with a single hit. I'm referring to Blackbeard's comment about the development of Luffy's haki since Jaya and Luffy's expression on his face right before he hit Bellamy, Foxy (yeah, Luffy's final moments, when he was standing purely because of his will powers) and Bruno (the first Gomu Gomu no Rifle that broke through Bruno's tekkai)

I don't think we could determine that by Luffy's attacks themselves - those are indeed powerful. It's the expression of his face: against Bellamy, against Eneru, against Foxy (center panel), against Bruno (upper left). At least against Bruno there's an onomatopoeia in those panels that I can't explain...

But maybe I'm all wrong. ;)

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France
Re: One Piece 557 Discussion/558 Prediction Thread

but i dont think he learned it while flying. hell i wouldnt be surprise if we get a flashback about luffy and hancock having a conversation on marine battleship about haki and possibly a way for him to use it willingly. luffy usually learns from something he sees and feels.
gear2 = water train. puffing tom i think. gear3 = gaints he meant in little garden
If luffy was taught haki, he would have use it in Impel Down already.

Poneglyph420

Reaction score
Country
Marine Headquarters

There's a range noted in the One Piece Wikia - that's why I said "late 30s". Either way, Hancock is ... *insert-Otaku-comment*

I believe Luffy already began using "Haki-enhanced" attacks as he took down Bellamy with a single hit. I'm referring to Blackbeard's comment about the development of Luffy's haki since Jaya and Luffy's expression on his face right before he hit Bellamy, Foxy (yeah, Luffy's final moments, when he was standing purely because of his will powers) and Bruno (the first Gomu Gomu no Rifle that broke through Bruno's tekkai)

I don't think we could determine that by Luffy's attacks themselves - those are indeed powerful. It's the expression of his face: against Bellamy, against Eneru, against Foxy (center panel), against Bruno (upper left). At least against Bruno there's an onomatopoeia in those panels that I can't explain...

But maybe I'm all wrong. ;)
If Luffy is using Haki inadvertently, it could be so. But I remember in A.L. When he took out the black panther, Bakura I think... They are all shocked at what he could do with brute strength alone. I think this will be the key to Luffy... Brute power, Haki, and the blood of his family...
I agree that up til now Luffy has been using his will/conviction to continue to surpass himself..so maybe he is using his Haki more and more. But the last one to figure out what's happening, will be Luffy Himself....

By the way he took down Bellamy because he was weak, and Enel because he was overconfident and Luffy's perfect enemy... So if Haki is in play it's not been anything more than his overwhelming potential seeping out..

Last edited:

Rotten The Wizard

Manga Editor
Reaction score
Country
Canada

he doesnt have to be taught. His body will learn. he was using haki blasts before he even knew what it was. His kind of haki is not the type that stays dorman, that much is obvious. So even if he's not taught or gets any other information on it, in time his body will gradually start implementing it in battle

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

We don't know exactly what he did. And i doubt it took him three days to realize what really happened let alone him actually sleeping that long.
He didn't actually fly for 3 days you know. He flew for a day and a night and slept through half of it. You could argue that it has been more than just a day but there's no evidence.
Sentoumaru did say that Kuma can send people flying for 3 days, but that's probably his limit. If he can control his power then he can use exactly the necessary amount of power to send people where he wants them to go.
There isn't a slightest chance that each of the SH is within 3 days flying distance, especially if you consider that Robin went all the way to East Blue and Luffy wasn't really that far from Shabondy.
Unless you think that Kuma adjusts the speed of anyone he sends so that each person flies for 3 days exactly. What would be the point of that?

We don't know if he used it or not, but there really isn't a way of knowing it until he gets into a fight with a logia.

Last edited:

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

I was just answering to BlackMunkey who said that Luffy was maybe taught Luffy by Boa in the marine boat. And I said that if that was the case he would have used this new power in Impel Down. His fight against Magellan wouldn't have been that diffuclt if he had already mastered some haki

Gumbertschovskinov

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Luffy defeated those spiral eyed wolves with his haki.
He kind of knew that they would be knocked out, otherwise, wouldn't he just defeat him with his fists in like 4-5 seconds or something?

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

I was just answering to BlackMunkey who said that Luffy was maybe taught Luffy by Boa in the marine boat. And I said that if that was the case he would have used this new power in Impel Down. His fight against Magellan wouldn't have been that diffuclt if he had already mastered some haki
I don't know. Managing to hit an intangible person is one thing, but negating a poison upon impact is completely different. Logias have to turn inot their element to avoid attacks, but Magellan was soaked with his poison. I think even Rayleigh would be poisoned if he punched Magellan. It goes the same for Boa sisters.

I don't think Luffy learned to master his Haki with Boa. Maybe she gave him a few tips but that's all. Any real training would be too noisy and it could result in the collective fainting of the entire crew.
But I do wonder why Luffy ate so much during that short trip. He usually eats that much just when he's really hungry.

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

Yeah Elder Nyon comments on Luffy escaping Shabondy Archipelago two days prior to him arriving on Amazon Lily:
http://www.onemanga.com/One_Piece/521/11/
Not two days prior to arriving, just two days before current time. Luffy spent a day on Amazon Lily before he was caught.

Syphin

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Australia

Thanks, was thinking how to word it but got lazy =P.

Anyhow this battle is intense. Besides Haki I can't really think of ways Luffy can fight and defeat (if he does) any of the World Govt top-dogs. He is focused on saving Ace, so he may just [with others help taking on the opponents challenging him] end up only saving Ace and/or only be involved in minimal fighting against the Colossal powers.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

I don't know. Managing to hit an intangible person is one thing, but negating a poison upon impact is completely different. Logias have to turn inot their element to avoid attacks, but Magellan was soaked with his poison. I think even Rayleigh would be poisoned if he punched Magellan. It goes the same for Boa sisters.

I don't think Luffy learned to master his Haki with Boa. Maybe she gave him a few tips but that's all. Any real training would be too noisy and it could result in the collective fainting of the entire crew.
But I do wonder why Luffy ate so much during that short trip. He usually eats that much just when he's really hungry.
If you remember, the Boa sisteres negates Luffy Gomu ability so maybe Haki may negate any type. But My point was rather than devil fruit negation, when Luffy will know about haki we will see it immediatly through a new move or a new ability

anyway until we don't know more about how it works, everything is more or less only speculation

M.D.Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

i think this chapter just about confirms that luffy is going to take aciton in this war and not only go save ace. at the end of the chapter luffy is in his fighting stance with whitebeard. there is no way hes just going to save ace. he is going to give some ace kicking before he does so...

chess4

Reaction score
Country
United States

as long as luffy stays away from the heavyweights on the WG then he will be fine. i think WB and his allies will handle that while luffy makes his way to ace. luffy will make it to the platform only to have sengoku waitng for him, then we will see what garp will do. let luffy be killed or step in to save him

Razh

Reaction score
Country
Croatia

If you remember, the Boa sisteres negates Luffy Gomu ability so maybe Haki may negate any type. But My point was rather than devil fruit negation, when Luffy will know about haki we will see it immediatly through a new move or a new ability

anyway until we don't know more about how it works, everything is more or less only speculation
I don't think they negated his ability, at least not completely. It's more like his power was negated for the duration of the blow. It's not like he couldn't stretch after that.
But it's different with Magellan if you can see what I mean. He doesn't become poison, he just creates it. So, maybe he wouldn't be able to produce poison while being hit, but he would still be soaked with the poison he created before, and the poison would just infect Sandersonia or whoever.
At least that's my understanding on how it should work. If you can remember, Kizaru didn't lose his power when Rayleigh kicked him. He just seemed to lose control over when his beam flew into a tree. Or he intended to shoot at the moment Rayleigh kicked him. It's the same.

k-dom

Reaction score
Country
France

Yes your probably right.
Damn, I wished Boa will use his haki power sometime soon so that we have an idea of what Luffy will be able off

Bo Ashi

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden

Man, one of the reason i've enjoyed one piece as much as i have, is because it lacks power levels, "How could he possibly have that much energy level strengh!?", and "you can't defeat him because he is on another level, but screw that you are gonna beat him up anyway". One Piece always made the fights and the conflicts fun and creative, where people could defeat "stronger" opponents by finding the right way and thinking a bit. Could Luffy ever have defeated Crocodile without coming up with the water/blood idea? It was never about him being on the same "level" or wathever as Crocodile, it was because he found the way and used it. And it's the same way with the Devil fruits, it's not like one fruit is better then the other one, it's about how you use it.

During the current War Arc, there is of course many fights, and mostly between some of the by appearence most powerful characters introduced yet. In no time people are argumenting on who's gonna win based on "Because he is an admiral" and "Sengoku is the most powerful" and of course "Luffy has defeated two sichibukais before, so he can take down the others now". There's no power levels like that... The same with Haki stuff...

M.D.Ace

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

yep. i totali agree... imo luffy is going to beat an admiral in this war... i dont care what anyone says.

Status
Not open for further replies.