One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 1st Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamikage

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

I didn't know where to post this question, so I decided to post it here.. but where exactly do they say in the manga that Mihawk is a shichibukai.. I got that question from a friend, and subconsciously I know that he is one.. but I can't understand from where I got that idea really. so it would be really nice to see a page from the manga where they say it.

thx in advance from a reallywanttoknower :)
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

I didn't know where to post this question, so I decided to post it here.. but where exactly do they say in the manga that Mihawk is a shichibukai.. I got that question from a friend, and subconsciously I know that he is one.. but I can't understand from where I got that idea really. so it would be really nice to see a page from the manga where they say it.

thx in advance from a reallywanttoknower :)
There may be somewhere before but in chapter 234 (where they choose blackbeard to replace crocodile ) you can see Mihawk
 

Kamikage

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

There may be somewhere before but in chapter 234 (where they choose blackbeard to replace crocodile ) you can see Mihawk
Yeah I know, but atleast in my scans I read, they never mentioned him being a Shichibukai... they just said something like, what a surprise to see you here..
 

Schabrak

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 1, 2006
Messages
7,202
Reaction score
2,304
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Well that was said in the Don Creek/Baratje(or whatever *g*) Arc somewhere, after we actually have seen Mihawk for the first time... Or when Arlong talks about Jinbei. Where else would we have known about the Shichibukai for such a long time? It was definitly told before the GrandLine, even only that he is the"best swordfighter" of the world.
The better question would be, why Moria, Kuma and D Teach are in the group... It says they are the best swordsfighters. But Moria did not even use one once.
 
Last edited:

Kamikage

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

The better question would be, why Moria, Kuma and D Teach are in the group... It says they are the best swordsfighters. But Moria did not even use one once.
That would probably just be a bad translation, if they have translated them to swordfighters somewhere, it should probably be warrior or something instead.
 

Organizized

Pirate King in the North
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Scavenger Hunter Supreme
Joined
Nov 5, 2007
Messages
4,334
Reaction score
22,337
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Kamikage said:
I didn't know where to post this question, so I decided to post it here.. but where exactly do they say in the manga that Mihawk is a shichibukai.. I got that question from a friend, and subconsciously I know that he is one.. but I can't understand from where I got that idea really. so it would be really nice to see a page from the manga where they say it

thx in advance from a reallywanttoknower :) .

It was said for the first time right after the Don Krieg arc when Yosaku introduces Jinbei and Arlong for the first time, here.

Also in the Schichibukai meeting Lafitte mentions that Mihawk isn't just a bystander like himself so indirectly it's said there as well.

Also, concerning swordsmen/warriors, when the Schichibukai are first introduced in the same chapter they are all shown holding swords, but none of them look like Kuma or Moria either so I don't think you can trust that picture (Yosaku has obviously never met any of them other than Mihawk so he wouldn't know what they looked like, eh?)
 
Last edited:

Kamikage

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Gender
Male
Country
Sweden
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

It was said for the first time right after the Don Krieg arc when Yosaku introduces Jinbei and Arlong for the first time, here.
thanks a bunch :)
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Also, concerning swordsmen/warriors, when the Schichibukai are first introduced in the same chapter they are all shown holding swords, but none of them look like Kuma or Moria either so I don't think you can trust that picture (Yosaku has obviously never met any of them other than Mihawk so he wouldn't know what they looked like, eh?)
Even the manga doesn's spacefy who there is who in the image. I don't know why some fans consider that certain image in the anime is Jimbei.

In that image all Shichibukai wears cloths and looks like to be based in Mihawk. That may be just a "unfinished prototype" of the Shichibukai. Nothing to worry.
 

camil222

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
323
Reaction score
5
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

yeah the pictures definetly a prototype cause the shadows doesnt look a thing like gecko and kuma.
 

Pemoeda Bandoeng

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jul 1, 2007
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Gender
Hidden
Country
Indonesia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Is there any chance that Imitorar is Eichiro Oda in disguise? :p

Because i can't stop wondering if Oda is reading our posts and trying to 'fix' our discussion.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Is there any chance that Imitorar is Eichiro Oda in disguise? :p

Because i can't stop wondering if Oda is reading our posts and trying to 'fix' our discussion.
I'm not.:p (Oda can't really understand much English anyway.) But I'll admit I DO try to "fix our discussion", by which I mean "make everyone realize that some of what they're saying just can't ever be true, and they need to look at things differently". Most recently in the area of "aura". That's giving me nightmares...
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

I'm not.:p (Oda can't really understand much English anyway.) But I'll admit I DO try to "fix our discussion", by which I mean "make everyone realize that some of what they're saying just can't ever be true, and they need to look at things differently". Most recently in the area of "aura". That's giving me nightmares...
Thanks Imitorar. You reduce the number of stupid comments in all these threads tenfold and put it so nicely. "make everyone realize that some of what they're saying just can't ever be true, and they need to look at things differently" <- For me, that would be "flame them for their obvious stupidity" which is why I took up reviewing and it's clear one-sidedness but unfortunate lack of conversation.

Speaking of Jinbei, I hope he isn't at merman island...but it kinda seems inevitable. Perhaps he can be the first likable Shichibukai (which would be a change), but seeing as he had Arlong as a member, probably pretty unlikely. And dear god, I hope that trans on onemanga is bad where they say Arlong = Jinbei in strength. Ussopp could beat that nowdays.
 

camil222

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
323
Reaction score
5
Age
36
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

they didnt really say there the same strenght i think arlong said jimbei and him were like the same rank or something so it doesnt meen theyre the same strenght. it was something like that or arlong was right under him.
 

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2006
Messages
1,990
Reaction score
270
Age
34
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Oh boy. The "Arlong was as strong as Jimbei" line. That's nearly as bad as the "Pirate's Summit" line used to be back before the Vivre Card. Anyway, Stephen translates the line as "Arlong once stood shoulder-to-shoulder with Jimbei", implying that it was a matter of rank back in Jimbei's pirate days, especially since he goes on to speak of Arlong's strength in the next line when he compares Arlong to Don Krieg, which would be a pointless thing to do, since if he just said that Arlong was as strong as someone who went on to become a Shichibukai, then saying he's stronger then Krieg is... redundant. So based off of Stephen's translation, it appears to be a rank thing, and we know that a Shichibukai's first-mate sometimes takes over the crew while the Shichibukai themselves go off and pirate on their own (see Bellamy).

Kaizoku translated it as "And the guy who fought alongside Jinbei in the Grand Line is a most wicked, devastating pirate... another merman, Arlong!" While merman should be Fishman, this translation also implies that Arlong was once a high-ranking subordinate of Jimbei, perhaps his first-mate. I'm not sure how Viz translated the American version, but I think Stephen and Kaizoku are very trustworthy sources, so I'd chalk the "Arlong is stronger then Jimbei" line to a bit of a mistranslation from the old Mangascreener's scans.
 

Aphalite

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
163
Reaction score
21
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Speaking of Jinbei, I hope he isn't at merman island...but it kinda seems inevitable. Perhaps he can be the first likable Shichibukai (which would be a change), but seeing as he had Arlong as a member, probably pretty unlikely.
I thought Mihawk was a stud. And I like Kuma too, what was wrong with anything that he did?
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

@ Aphalite: I meant liked by the Strawhats as a nice guy. Come to think of it, the Strawhats have never got on with other pirates...

@ Imitorar: Thanks for those re-translations. I would say either works since you can't say Buggy = Ace, yet at one time in the past they were pretty much equals.
 

lynk2thepast

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jun 19, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

I wish i was a straw hat pirate :)

Life seems to shity sometimes you know :(
One piece helps me remember the kid inside of me always wanting to go on an adventure always and smiling.

who agrees ?


pluton hmmm

a big ship a really big ship with ... cannons and a soldier dock system and .... a super ultra devistaor and... hmmmm
 
Last edited:

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

Haha, if there were two worlds I wished were a reality they would be:
1) One Piece world
2) Pokemon World

Rest are too ordinary or aren't nearly as expansive as these two...then again the rest don't go for so fucking long D=
 

gigantor21

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Apr 7, 2006
Messages
1,716
Reaction score
55
Age
38
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo (Spoilers!)

^ Well, given the dynamic, exaggerated art in the fights, it is kind of hard to tell. But I always figured Bon Clay was the tallest one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top