One Piece Mega Convo Thread, the 2nd Chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold Knight

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Joined
Nov 16, 2005
Messages
19,231
Reaction score
1,273
Gender
Hidden
Country
Abu Dhabi
One Piece Mega Convo Thread

Ahoy!

Think of this as the 'Hang Out' version of an One Piece discussion thread. In here you can randomly talk about practically anything involving the One Piece universe. Anything that comes to mind that you don't really feel like starting a thread about in the Tree of Knowledge.

We have similar threads for the Naruto and Bleach forums so I thought it'd be a good time to have one here as well. Enjoy!

Just a little set of rules to help us keep the place tidy:

No current week's spoilers! Spoiler rules and the weekend's rule are also valid in here. Discussion on the latest week's spoilers and chapters are not allowed until Monday of the following week.

No heated arguments! This is supposed to be a place where you can have a casual conversation. For in-depth, serious discussions, please head to the Tree of Knowledge.

No spam! This is obvious, isn't it? No one-liners, no useless posts, yadda yadda. :p

No agonizing!
Don't keep on asking for spoilers/raws/scans/translations, just be patient.
 

Akainu

Magma♥
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 21, 2007
Messages
7,318
Reaction score
3,462
Gender
Male
Country
Bavaria
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

So how do you think this New Era will look like? will there still be Yonkou and Shichibukai? I mean the whole saga since TB was heavily Shichibukai infested and to me rather seems like a farewell :tem
Also, what happens to the Yonkou IF one should fall? will there just be a new one? or will there be only three left? I think that's leading nowhere, because that's all Old Era rhethoric :oh
 

NoLimit89

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2008
Messages
378
Reaction score
143
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

here's an interesting idea. what if we meet the 4 yonkous of the old era, AND THEY ALL FALL somehow, leaving the world to the 4 yonkous of the new era

Blackbeard? Luffy? Someone else?

and another thing, Marco and Joze are definitely admiral level or close to admiral level. And Marco, Ace, Joze are pretty much directly below WB in command.

I'm guessing that first mate guy with a scar and black ponytail, Usopp's father and the fat guy is kinda like that except to Shanks. So that leads me to believe they're at least shichibukai level or maybe even admiral level.

And since Usopp wants to be a great warrior of the sea, and it would make a romantic story if the son eventually surpasses the father ... how would Usopp ever get to that level?
 
Last edited:

kilm

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Jan 28, 2006
Messages
31
Reaction score
12
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

here's an interesting idea. what if we meet the 4 yonkous of the old era, AND THEY ALL FALL somehow, leaving the world to the 4 yonkous of the

Blackbeard? Luffy? Someone else?
Ace? Buggy? Has to be related to Luffy somehow. I chose Buggy just because it would be ironic.

And since Usopp wants to be a great warrior of the sea, and it would make a romantic story if the son eventually surpasses the father ... how would Usopp ever get to that level?
By being a part of the same crew as the main protagonist of a shounen manga! On a plot level, probably going through so many death-defying adventures he'll stop being a pussy at least.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

i think blackbeard wil become the new yonkou after he kills WB.
 

OdaForPresident

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
292
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

We'll probably see a new Usopp after he gets back. Hopefully he'll loose some pounds along with his fears.
 

chess4

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
May 16, 2008
Messages
5,215
Reaction score
1,555
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

We'll probably see a new Usopp after he gets back. Hopefully he'll loose some pounds along with his fears.
im sure hercules will teach him a thing or 2.
 

bittman

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 8, 2006
Messages
1,746
Reaction score
929
Gender
Male
Country
Australia
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

The moment I read Hercules, I thought of Hercule from DBZ...

....now I can't get Ussop with an afro out of my head...
 

zerocooldx

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 7, 2007
Messages
5,980
Reaction score
3,579
Gender
Male
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

I can't wait until we get to Zoro's covers.
 

Poneglyph420

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2009
Messages
1,317
Reaction score
597
Gender
Male
Country
Marine Headquarters
Re: One Piece Mega Convo Thread - Part 1

So how do you think this New Era will look like? will there still be Yonkou and Shichibukai? I mean the whole saga since TB was heavily Shichibukai infested and to me rather seems like a farewell :tem
Also, what happens to the Yonkou IF one should fall? will there just be a new one? or will there be only three left? I think that's leading nowhere, because that's all Old Era rhethoric :oh
Hmm.. New Era.. I suspect that Whatever.. Happens all of the 3 powers will be shaken to their core.

The Marines and WG have been embarrassed and challenged head on. The Shichibukai have revolt and betrayal throughout and could possibly shatter...
Garp seems in question, and I'm sure other high rank Marines will fall as well.
Jimbei, BB, maybe Hancock and Kuma all have either quit or have mysterious motives...?
But I suspect that while these two powers will be shattered to the core, they will survive and emerge anew..with new members..
I'd love a Supernova Shichibukai..!

The Yonkou, I think will devolve into scattered warfare in the NW. Maybe the NW will become a war zone, more of a nightmare than before...
I think it will be a race to the top of the pirate world. A major power shift is also possible..

Honestly I Hope Luffy, BB, some of the Supernovae, all become bigger players in the "war at the pirate's summit". Of course we need to see what the NW holds...

All in all I hope it's a world where pirates have more sway and the Marines are hard pressed to sustain any form of "justice".
 

k-dom

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jan 5, 2008
Messages
6,280
Reaction score
2,460
Gender
Male
Country
France
Rather than the Yonkou, I had the feeling it would be about the tenryubito, if one piece world shall get rid off something, they perfectly match
but I understand that some fights against the yonkou is more promising
 

c0nflikt

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2006
Messages
513
Reaction score
59
Age
37
Gender
Male
Country
United States
I think Buggy could have a big future, also i believe usopp will have the most impressive power up, look at the odds all the straw hats are in places with potential for growth but usopp is on an island or something with danger everywhere for a person like usopp you either adapt or he dies i think he may be impressively buff next time we see him and chopper will definately be able to control monster point, what choice does he have? humans who want to eat him and giant birds, somehow in there i see potential to control monster point.
 

Adrizsnk

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Sep 22, 2009
Messages
31
Reaction score
9
Gender
Male
Country
France
I think Chopper can have a huge powerup! Namy, Luffy, Zorro, Sanji, and Usop already got one! But Chopper is going to use 3 rumble ball in each fight if he doesn't improve!
I think this wild environement will have good effects on him.
 

OdaForPresident

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2008
Messages
292
Reaction score
73
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
How do you think that the crew will get back to shabondy, marine HQ or where ever there going to end up?

My guess for chopper is that he will be riding one of those big birds
Nami will float down from sky island with some sort of air fish thingy
Robin will get a ride from the revolutionaries
Franky might be teleported
Brook, maybe some dark ritual?
I can't think of anything for the other guys, your thoughts?
 

nerothos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
I have been thinking about the BB recently and I started to think: what if the Sengoku who is supposed to be a great tactician sent BB into the Impel Down to make head gaoler shiryuu (and maybe magelan) join the fight against WB? I know BB isnt the kind of guy who would listen to others, but on the other hand it is the perfect chance for him to get rid of WB for sure (since it would be a sneak attack) and he wouldnt lose protection that WG and his Schichibukai title provide him.

It is just a crazy thought, but I would appreciate some good conversation about this matter.
 

Kuranzyan

Registered User
中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2009
Messages
247
Reaction score
42
Gender
Male
Country
Netherlands
Brook can run on water, remember? I think he can "hop" from island to island this way.
 

Razh

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
7,302
Reaction score
3,580
Age
41
Gender
Male
Country
Croatia
I have been thinking about the BB recently and I started to think: what if the Sengoku who is supposed to be a great tactician sent BB into the Impel Down to make head gaoler shiryuu (and maybe magelan) join the fight against WB? I know BB isnt the kind of guy who would listen to others, but on the other hand it is the perfect chance for him to get rid of WB for sure (since it would be a sneak attack) and he wouldnt lose protection that WG and his Schichibukai title provide him.

It is just a crazy thought, but I would appreciate some good conversation about this matter.
Well, if you really think about it, if Sengoku wanted for Magellan and Shiryuu to fight Whitebeard he could have just ordered them directly, since he is the Fleet Admiral, after all.
 

nerothos

Registered User
初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Joined
Aug 13, 2009
Messages
30
Reaction score
6
Gender
Male
Country
Slovakia
Well, if you really think about it, if Sengoku wanted for Magellan and Shiryuu to fight Whitebeard he could have just ordered them directly, since he is the Fleet Admiral, after all.
but then it wouldnt be a surprise attack. BB could make a tunnel right beneath WB...
 

Lord Rayleigh

Intl Translator
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 20, 2008
Messages
3,134
Reaction score
4,272
Gender
Male
Country
France
but then it wouldnt be a surprise attack. BB could make a tunnel right beneath WB...
I don't think he can. His power allows him to absorb the matter. If he did that and made suddenly disappear the substratum, the surface would collapse.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top