Hangout - One Piece Mega Convo Thread | Page 232 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Hangout One Piece Mega Convo Thread

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
I really like how Luffy bangs his chest when he's going into G5. It reminds me of how gorillas do it, sounding like the beat of Conga drums, which fits perfectly with G5. It's a nice touch that I appreciate.
Honestly surprised Oda himself didn't do the chest-beating thing first. I hope he saw that and back-ports it into a future G5 transformation scene in the manga.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

And I like the fact this fight in Gear 5th was requested by Lucci asking what his form was, not that Luffy needed that form to beat Lucci.
I seriously doubt G4 could beat Awakened Lucci. Frankly I'm really glad the fight didn't do the typical "protagonist inches his way through all his forms incrementally before using the trump card he should've used initially". Luffy's experienced enough at this point to know Lucci is easily worth going straight into G5.

catagon87

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
United States
1100 was pretty good. Loved the crazy look in Luffy's eyes.

Bandit99

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, how far into the break are we? Life has been busy and I haven’t been keeping track.

kcd

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
I seriously doubt G4 could beat Awakened Lucci. Frankly I'm really glad the fight didn't do the typical "protagonist inches his way through all his forms incrementally before using the trump card he should've used initially". Luffy's experienced enough at this point to know Lucci is easily worth going straight into G5.
Would Luffy even need gear4 if he decides to use all forms of advanced haki?

RaisinRisin

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Next week we start living again.
I hope you're right. I thought that was true, but when I checked earlier today, Viz said the next chapter is in 14 days (now it says 13 since it'd be a new day over there). Usually TCB and others have it a few days ahead of the official date.

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
Would Luffy even need gear4 if he decides to use all forms of advanced haki?
It's unclear because Oda threw everything out of wack when base Luffy was fighting Kaidou

I'm wondering if Oda's ever going to give at least a handwave explanation for why people who have ADCoC only use it occasionally. I guess it just costs a lot of haki... points? Sure didn't seem like it in the Luffy/Kaidou fight.

Reactions: kcd

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
I hope you're right. I thought that was true, but when I checked earlier today, Viz said the next chapter is in 14 days (now it says 13 since it'd be a new day over there). Usually TCB and others have it a few days ahead of the official date.
Viz English releases on Sunday, so yeah, it's two weeks until it "officially" comes out. But we'll be getting spoilers and such through next week as usual with the early chap later in the week.

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
Once again phenomenal episode, couple things to note.

1. When Lucci sent Luffy flying with that powerful strike, it reminded me of Kat's agility back in the Whole Cake Island fight. Luffy's mid-air flips echoed Kat's nimbleness in combat.
  2. The animation team did a great job with the details, especially in scenes like Luffy's Gear Fifth transformation. The colors and Haki effects brought back memories of Yamato discussing Luffy's dreams and the Roger-Kid Luffy comparison scene. It was a nice touch. (More so the colours used remind me of that scene)
  3. Watching Lucci's transformation, the way his sash moved reminded me of a leopard stalking its prey. It added a cool visual to the scene.
  4. Rob's portrayal in the anime was impressive. The animators really captured his ferocity, making him look rabid and bloodlusted in certain scenes, with drool and all.
  5. The anime also did a good job showing the struggle within Devil Fruit users. It highlighted how their base nature can sometimes overpower them, even though they still have some control. It added depth to the characters and their powers.

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

More notes to come when I rewatch aganeeeeee

Last edited:

Demonspeed

The Hero of the Trojan War
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Global Moderator
Reaction score
Country
France
When is the manga coming back? I have a dozen of chapters to read I don't want to catch up and wait too long.