One Piece Movie 10: Strong World | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece Movie 10: Strong World

do you like this move?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Re: One Piece Movie 10

Title fixed.:amuse

Seriously though, you don't think the movie looks awesome? I certainly do. I mean, it was written by Oda, which means the story should be as awesome as canon One Piece! It'll probably be filler (the movies all are, except for movie 8, and that's a different story...) but "movie" basically means "1.5 hour filler story", and this looks like a good one. What do you find so bizarre about it?

mugen

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Mexico

i know , this movie looks great!!

endless_dream

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Singapore

couldn't wait for it to be aired...looks interesting =)

Freakzin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

it's not that , I just didn't get the whole Luffy costume, all pirate king like.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

The suits the Straw Hats were wearing were the same as the suits they wore in the tenth anniversary color-spread. Why they're wearing those suits, I don't know. I suppose the movie will explain that. Either way, it still looks awesome.

Freakzin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

it does make sense, 10th Anniversary, 10th Movie, !!!O.O! So when he did that color spread he was already thinking about the movie i guess, seems like an old fashioned style triad mafia costumes.

AntiDrug

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
Canada

If you look at everyones suits, mostly Luffy's white suit and Zoro's black suit... they look like the suits typically worn by Marines/Govn't officials. Zoro's suit looks like the ones all those grunts were wearing on the Puffing Tom. Luffy's looks like a Vice-Admiral's suit.
I wish it was something like that at least XP

captainjustin

Reaction score
Country
United States

holy crap i can't believe there is already a trailer for the next movie!!! AND it's written by oda! it's pretty awesome to see them all in their 10th anniversary suits in what looks to be marine headquarters. WITH brook. AND some nami drama. animation quality looks pretty high too. this just made my month.

now we just have to wait for a hundred years to see it... sigh...

Freakzin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

no one seems to have said it, but when Luffy says Gold Lion Shiki, what does Shiki mean???

just gonna point another thing out, 20 years ago Gol D. Roger was executed no doubt about it, and now comes Gold Lion
who could well be ROGER'S BROTHER! Gol D. Lion!!! how about that! He disappeared for 20 years, and now is back so... or he could be Roger's son!

Last edited:

captainjustin

Reaction score
Country
United States

shiki can mean a number of things, like "four seasons," but i think in this instance it means something like commander, or leader.

someone correct me if i'm wrong.

predsfan

Reaction score
Country
United States

Just saw the trailer, and the movie looks awesome. I can't wait to get more info about what's going on.

From what I could tell all of the Strawhats,including Brooke, were in the frame towards the end except Nami. So I guess she might be in trouble or something.

Am I the only one who thinks that this might be like those episodes of one piece set in old Japan (can't remember the time frame) where the story is completely unrelated to the rest of the plot. I only think this because they don't seem like the type of crew that would ever get dressed up like that. Who knows when it comes to Oda.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Actually, Oda has said that this movie WILL BE CANON! I REPEAT, THIS MOVIE ACTUALLY AFFECTS THE CONTINUITY, THEREBY EXPONENTIALLY INCREASING IT'S LEVEL OF AWESOMNESS.

captainjustin

Reaction score
Country
United States

i've heard this rumor about the movie being canon. where and when did oda say this?

i have nothing against this, and it makes it even more awesome than i could imagine, but how will this work? will the manga say something like: "following this, the strawhats had their adventure with gold lion. afterwards..."

or will it be in the manga as well? hmmm...

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

i've heard this rumor about the movie being canon. where and when did oda say this?

i have nothing against this, and it makes it even more awesome than i could imagine, but how will this work? will the manga say something like: "following this, the strawhats had their adventure with gold lion. afterwards..."

or will it be in the manga as well? hmmm...
It's not a rumor, it was reported by a very reliable member of Arlong Park. And I'm sure that how it fits into the manga will be clearer around year from now, when the movie itself comes out. As of now, I would assume that you just insert the movie before whatever arc the manga is in the middle of then. Either way, I'm sure they worked something out, it's just that it'll be hard to figure what that is out without knowing what the manga will be up to in around a year from now, and what actually happens in the movie.

Freakzin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

after reading it, i'm guessing he is close to Nami.

obs:i'm sad no one gave atention for the possibility of Gol D. Lion =(

captainjustin

Reaction score
Country
United States

my bad, i wasn't trying to come across like i didn't believe it. i guess "rumor" has bad connotations.
coincidentally, i just bought 9th log yesterday! i checked the interview that greg was referring to and it's all there.

but yeah, considering the 9th movie just came out, i guess we have a whole extra year to go in the manga. i guess we'll see what happens.

@freakzin: actually, more than a few people have said it's probably Gol D. Lion. especially with oda saying he's related to someone. not that i agree with that hypothesis.

Last edited:

Sabyrd

Reaction score
Country
United States

Yeah, not only that, but Shanks and Whitebeard seem pretty familiar with him. Not that that necessarily means anything because it could be that they're just older, but they did show the three people with the closest relationship to Roger that we know of so far (Garp, Shanks, Whitebeard)

Boo at no Brooke action. I guess he's technically not a nakama yet, but regardless, I was hoping he'd be in the next movie.

Freakzin

Reaction score
Country
Brazil

well he is there didn't you see him? at that last scene he is on the left.

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States

Oy. He can't be "Gol D. Lion", because, if you looked at the subs, he's called Golden Lion Shiki. In Japanese. Roger was called "Gold Roger" in English, so the pun worked. But if Shiki is called "Golden Lion" in Japanese, then it won't. Plus, that joke is only dramatic and clever once. If Oda uses it more, it will become a cliche, stripped of its dramatic effect. Not EVERY character with a "D" in their name has to be a "D". There's only been ONE revelation where a character's name turned out to be a "D" name, and that was Roger. It hasn't happened with ANY of the other "D"'s we've seen so far, and it's probably not going to in the future. And again, the fact that he's called "Golden Lion" in Japanese makes it clear that SHIKI IS NOT A "D".

You wanna know who he's related to? How about NAMI? You know, since the letter had a nectarine on the seal, Nami seems to be having issues with abandoning the Straw Hats, etc? The stuff is pointed out AT THE END OF THE VIDEO. Oda also said "for those who saw the trailer" when he said it related to "a certain crew member". Roger was not, is not, and will not be one of Luffy's crew-member's, and the trailer that Oda mentioned implied that Shiki's connection is with Nami. About 4 times. Again, check the video.

Sabyrd: How is Brook "technically not a nakama yet"? He got his number chapter. Chapter 489 is called "The Eighth. If that isn't a sign that he joined, I don't know what is.

Last edited: