One Piece movie 9 announced | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

One Piece movie 9 announced

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
On movie 8 DVD there was a preview of movie 9, which can be found on Vegapunk or on Youtube. Looks like it'll be a remake of the Drum Island arc (the one where they first meet Chopper). Let's hope this gives us something better than movie 8 since this arc was considerably shorter.

In the Jump I just got... it has something on the Drum arc... and someone said it was a movie announcement.
Scan is coming.

If this isn't a movie... edit the thread name mods when someone says what it is. I gotta scan chapts.

It's out:
Nakama-Fansubs

Last edited:

Kira666

上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Argentina
There are rumors that say that in this movie is going to appear Franky and Robin. If that truth, maybe Sogeking appear too xD

Waru

初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
Reaction score
Country
United States
Not only are Franky and Robin in this but if you look at the preview we can also see
The thousand sunny, and a giant shadow that looks like OZ
.. I hear Oda is directing this movie .. wonder what he has up his sleeve for it .. since right now I am just baffled at the space time continuum and plot of this movie.

omni-giri

Reaction score
Country
United States
WHAT THE HECK!? WHAT IS ODA UP TO!?

djleathal186

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
SuGhee!!
I SaW LuFfy AcTivAte GeAR SeCOnd In The PReVieW In EpiSOde 336...
Dats MEans LuFfy ANd His NaKaMa (wiTH ROBin N FrANky) ViSit CHopPer IsLanD. THen Oda MuSt PuT SomE FLasH BAck On HOw ChOpPer Can Be LuFfy's NakaMa.. THeN, He WiLL Put SomE NeW StuFf WhiCh I BeLieVE It WiLL Be ExCiTInG...:) :)

bax

MH Senpai
伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
Reaction score
Country
Malaysia
I would prefer a revisit to Drum Island rather than a remake. A remake with Thousand Sunny, Robin and Franky will only means either 2 things:

* The plot is twisted (if it's canon to the manga)
* It happens in an alternate universe

Imitorar

MH Senpai
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I'm gonna go with "twisted". Especially since Wapol's brother's gonna be in this. It's not gonna be like Alabasta, where they more or less re-enacted the arc, there's gonna be alot of changes that keep to the basic plot of the Drum Island arc. Though I do wonder what the pretext for the Straw Hats meeting Chopper will be, since it seems like Nami won't be sick in this movie.

Paz42

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what i dont understand any of this its got wapol and everything in the above trailer some of the really iconic shots from that arc like luffy leaning back and yelling that he made it and holding the flag atop the turret but how come theres an Oz shadow at the end i thought maybe it was something to do with the up coming arc but it has the drum island drum moutins im so confused must wait to see and find out i guess

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
yeah i'm very dissapointed with a twist in plot or a revisit... if your going to do the story again do it as the original (or close to it).

What im guessing then its its a lead in to Thriller Bark with a lot of flashbacks. I can't see Luffy holding up Chopper's pirate flag again and saying those convictions a second time. Well Luffy might do it, none to shy for a flashy show, but its not as impactful anymore.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
hold on, this could be good + a trailer is the most deceiving thing you can watch. You can't know what'll be about for real (a re-animation of that chapter with the current characters, or something else)

Imitorar

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
United States
yeah i'm very dissapointed with a twist in plot or a revisit... if your going to do the story again do it as the original (or close to it).

What im guessing then its its a lead in to Thriller Bark with a lot of flashbacks. I can't see Luffy holding up Chopper's pirate flag again and saying those convictions a second time. Well Luffy might do it, none to shy for a flashy show, but its not as impactful anymore.
I don't think it will be "again" as such. It will be a retelling of the Drum Island arc as though the arc hadn't happened when it did. As though that arc had been skipped and Chopper hadn't joined, and Drum Island was just an island that they found before Thriller Bark. And if it wasn't a problem hearing Luffy saying the same things that he said in the Alabasta arc again in Movie 8, it shouldn't be a problem hearing him say the same things he said in the Drum Island arc in Movie 9.

wing_gundam

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Well I dont think the 8th movie was a revisit to Alabasta I think they just did it again. If they did Drum island again from scratch that's one thing, but if they come back ot the island with Chopper and repeat the same events thats just wrong.

Koen

Celestial Belgian
Reaction score
Country
Belgium
If they did Drum island again from scratch that's one thing, but if they come back ot the island with Chopper and repeat the same events thats just wrong.
That won't necessarily happen, it'll be a different story with the same characters prolly

Absolutio

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I don't think it's ozz's shadow.. Maybe some snow monster.
And my guess is that it'll just be a remake of the arc, including non-canon meterial (adding wapol's brother and stuffs).

Fallou

Reaction score
Country
France
Movie 9: where the heck is it?

Does anyone know what is up with op movie 9?it was supposed to be realesed on march 1, but I can't get it anywhere!!!It'd be really nice, if someone knows about it...Thanks in advance!!!:)

Fenrir

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Canada
Re: Movie 9: where the heck is it?

Isn't march 1st the release date for it in theaters?...I highly doubt anybody's got a raw of it in a month. And even if it was the release date for it on dvd or whatever...I guess you'll just have to wait a few more months for it online :/?

Fallou

Reaction score
Country
France

Yeah..that's what I thought:(, even if I still had hope...But now at least I'm sure about it so thx alot mate:) I'll finally be able to sleep at night, that thing was tormenting me(just kiddin')

Fallou

Reaction score
Country
France

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKKKKKKKKK!!!!Now it's all there on dailymotion n the tube n :smile-big:smile-big:smile-big:smile-big:smile-bigthere's no subs *sob*:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf:wtf
Allright! I'll get tough and wait and won't spoil the fun
sorry for the the "fuck"
woops whaddayanow I've said it again...Well it's not like anyone'll come in this thread anymore anyway!
If a mod reads that post, you can close the thread if u want!

ibra87

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Germany
It's subbed by Nakama-Fansubs. Anyone seen it yet? I think I'll give this a try, hopefully it isn't like the last one with Alabasta... :notrust

Last edited: