Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 193 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
Luffy is of course stronger than Zoro, so yes, I think he'd take Zoro out with his superior Haki.
There is nothing to show King being superior, let alone far superior, to Katakuri. Can you stop with your "headcanon"?
Headcanon? Katakuri couldnt take Luffy out with 54 hits. Do you think a swordsman needs 54 hits to take Luffy out? lol
Without a SINGLE shred of evidence you claim this and then expect people to take you seriously?
Read above.

Pirate Queen

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Headcanon? Katakuri couldnt take Luffy out with 54 hits. Do you think a swordsman needs 54 hits to take Luffy out? lol

Read above.
Katakuri can't take out Luffy in 54 hits so that equates to King being stronger than him? ???

Your head cannon is the worst I have ever seen honestly.

thedude

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States

Read above.
...what? You said Katakuri couldn't take Luffy out with 54 hits. I'm saying Luffy is stronger than Zoro, and that Katakuri not being able to finish Luffy off says nothing about what he'd do to Zoro, whose Haki is not as strong as Luffy.

Now you are saying a swordsman could take luffy out in less than 54 hits? Which says...what? What does it say about Zoro vs Katakuri? Nothing! Zoro wouldn't be able to hit him unless he could do what Luffy did, develop the foresight haki. Katakuri would crush him.

Katakuri pummeled Luffy and couldn't knock him out. Zoro just took one shot from Killer and was knocked out for hours. Katakuri skewered Luffy over and over, but Luffy was able to keep fighting. Yet Zoro, the guy who we literally just saw fall to 1 hit, would be able to stand up to that abuse...lol.

Last edited:

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
...what? You said Katakuri couldn't take Luffy out with 54 hits. I'm saying Luffy is stronger than Zoro, and that Katakuri not being able to finish Luffy off says nothing about what he'd do to Zoro, whose Haki is not as strong as Luffy.

Now you are saying a swordsman could take luffy out in less than 54 hits? Which says...what? What does it say about Zoro vs Katakuri? Nothing! Zoro wouldn't be able to hit him unless he could do what Luffy did, develop the foresight haki. Katakuri would crush him.

Katakuri pummeled Luffy and couldn't knock him out. Zoro just took one shot from Killer and was knocked out for hours. Katakuri skewered Luffy over and over, but Luffy was able to keep fighting. Yet Zoro, the guy who we literally just saw fall to 1 hit, would be able to stand up to that abuse...lol.
And nik is a firm believer of "Just because A > B doesnt mean A > C" lol unless it pertains to Zoro apparently... the headcanon is real

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
King wouldnt need 11 hours to fail to take Luffy out, he would take him out in no time.
Katakuri is irrelevant to Zoro being stronger than Luffy.
Can someone point me in the direction of where and how Zoro has proven he is as strong as a YC? Feel like I'm missing out on the hype here
Not as strong as YCs, stronger. He hasnt proven it yet, this arc will prove/disprove it.
Looking forward to excuses how a guy who didnt beat anyone notable post-TS can do what he will do in Wano.
One thing Zoro did prove is that with only fraction of his power he dwarfs Luffy's G3 and G4 DC stat.

And nik is a firm believer of "Just because A > B doesnt mean A > C" lol unless it pertains to Zoro apparently... the headcanon is real
Zoro has capable AoE's, unlike Luffy so yes, beating King means he can beat Katakuri as well.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
King wouldnt need 11 hours to fail to take Luffy out, he would take him out in no time.

Not as strong as YCs, stronger. He hasnt proven it yet, this arc will prove/disprove it.
Looking forward to excuses how a guy who didnt beat anyone notable post-TS can do what he will do in Wano.
One thing Zoro did prove is that with only fraction of his power he dwarfs Luffy's G3 and G4 DC stat.

Zoro has capable AoE's, unlike Luffy so yes, beating King means he can beat Katakuri as well.
No it doesnt. Your speaking nonsense and you know it. There is nothing you can say to back that up.

"Beating King means he can beat Katakuri" is so ridiculous.

You honestly can't hype up Zoro any factual way? You need to overly hype his possible opponents to put him over Luffy?

How you get away with this degree of trolling is astounding.

This is beyond you truly believing what your saying.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Bruh what is happening right now...
Right? Lol

kcd

Reaction score
Country
Earth Kindom
That's where you're wrong though. You do recall that after you evade Katakuri's attack, he still attacks you again in the direction you are evading to, which means you're evading twice as hard, thanks to his future sight.

If it would take Katakuri that long, then forget it, King will find it even harder to land a hit on Luffy, unless he too have future sight.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
Zoro after literally one hit from Killer (he is then taken to a room and treated as he lays unconscious).

Here's Luffy getting a far more serious wound after fighting a far stronger opponent for HOURS:

Luffy kept fighting, and won.

Please spare me the Zoro would beat this guy. I love Zoro, but he literally passed out from a hit that Luffy received and fought through against Katakuri.

jaymizzo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How you get away with this degree of trolling is astounding.
This confuses me the most... It's one thing to bring about opinions that people can actually argue against... But to have nothing and then have people get warnings or posts deleted for calling it out is just baffling.

There is nothing in the manga that has even remotely indicated to Zoro or anyone else in the SH crew (aside from Luffy) to be able to fight on that level - based on previous fights and not us fans hope.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States

Wait...what????? What "fraction of power" dwarfed G3 or G4?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'm just trying to understand what you are reading that hasn't been released to the public here.

This is just hack stuff here.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
There is nothing in the manga that has even remotely indicated to Zoro or anyone else in the SH crew (aside from Luffy) to be able to fight on that level
When have I ever used anything but speculation of Zoro's power. I dont know how strong he is, you dont know either, nobody knows.
If someone thinks he knows, he should think again. So, speculation. My speculation is that he is already above YCs and we are about to see if he is or not.

Wait...what????? What "fraction of power" dwarfed G3 or G4?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Ah nothing, just nameless flying slash splitting a mountain while Luffy's G3 broke off just the head/G4 just broke a couple of city blocks... Nothing much...

King will find it even harder to land a hit on Luffy, unless he too have future sight.
Kaido must have had Future Sight, huh...

That's where you're wrong though. You do recall that after you evade Katakuri's attack, he still attacks you again in the direction you are evading to, which means you're evading twice as hard, thanks to his future sight.
He cant see past the intervention and everyone has the power to change the future, manga facts...

I love Zoro, but he literally passed out
I wonder how will you explain that a dude who passed out will defeat King?

You honestly can't hype up Zoro any factual way?
Splitting a mountain casually and pushing back an Admiral with single sword nameless slash while being pressed by his gravity is factual enough?

Relax guys, it is all speculation, Wano fights are about to start. It will certainly be interesting when it comes to Zoro. Either you will be right or I will.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
I wonder how will you explain that a dude who passed out will defeat King?
Why would I have to? I like all characters, I want Zoro and Sanji to fight and beat King and Queen this arc. I'm not the one going through mental gymnastics...

And you are the one who said Zoro is stronger than Luffy and wouldn't be too hurt from the combo that he hit Luffy with. You didn't respond to my comment showing what happens to Zoro and Luffy when they are hit with a piercing attack though...funny how you missed that.

nik87 said:
Relax guys, it is all speculation, Wano fights are about to start. It will certainly be interesting when it comes to Zoro. Either you will be right or I will.
Right about what???? You are saying that Zoro is stronger than Katakuri and Luffy. Given who each will likely fight in this arc, Zoro will in no way be proven stronger than Luffy.

nik87

Banned
Reaction score
Country
The Wall
You are saying that Zoro is stronger than Katakuri and Luffy. Given who each will likely fight in this arc, Zoro will in no way be proven stronger than Luffy.
We saw what Luffy was capable of in WCI. You have to compare that with what Zoro does in Wano because Zoro wasnt participating in WCI.
That way you will get a taste of who came into the NW stronger, the guy who played with animals for 2 years or the guy who was fighting Mihawk.

If Zoro defeats King, is he stronger than Luffy who "defeated" Katakuri?
I want Zoro and Sanji to fight and beat King and Queen this arc.
How will a guy who "faints to Kamazou's stab" defeat a YC1 King?
You didn't respond to my comment showing what happens to Zoro and Luffy when they are hit with a piercing attack though...funny how you missed that.
Yeah I missed it, not sure what you mean. Katakuri hitting Zoro with Mogura? He would have to hit him to see what happens in that case. Kamazou never hit Zoro because he was better than him but because he was granted a free shot, credits to Gyukimaru.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
So now, who do you think would win between Luffy and Katakuri should they have a rematch? I know people are saying Luffy, but it doesn't look that easy, especially since Luffy doesn't seem to fight with Future Sight much. Plus, Katakuri did lose on purpose since Luffy won him over with his charms.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
So now, who do you think would win between Luffy and Katakuri should they have a rematch? I know people are saying Luffy, but it doesn't look that easy, especially since Luffy doesn't seem to fight with Future Sight much. Plus, Katakuri did lose on purpose since Luffy won him over with his charms.
Luffy, easily. If Katakuri could drop him before, he definitely cant if Luffy STARTS the fight with FS

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yeah, I find it hard to believe it'd be that easy even with the new CoA.

thedude

Reaction score
Country
United States
nik87 said:
How will a guy who "faints to Kamazou's stab" defeat a YC1 King?

...by getting stronger in the fight? And he's not fighting Katakuri, he's fighting King. You were the one saying he'd beat Katakuri, and that if Katakuri couldn't beat Luffy with those combos, Zoro would be fine. Like today...you said this. It happened. You can go back and read it. But Katakuri beat the crap out of Luffy and skewered him worse than Zoro's stab, and Luffy was fine to continue, while Zoro quickly passed out. I gave you the panels. Zoro hopefully beating King doesn't change that, the thing we were talking about.

Yeah I missed it, not sure what you mean. Katakuri hitting Zoro with Mogura? He would have to hit him to see what happens in that case. Kamazou never hit Zoro because he was better than him but because he was granted a free shot, credits to Gyukimaru.
It doesn't matter WHY he got hit, only that he DID get hit, and that he DID pass out quickly after, which Luffy didn't do. Again, as above, you said that since Katakuri didn't end Luffy with the combos that Zoro wouldn't either. Yet we saw how both react to a similar injury. Luffy fights on, Zoro faints. So if he were hit (funny now you are saying he can't even hit him, lol, as if Zoro has never been hit before :lolo), he'd pass out.

Take a moment, get your story straight. You are all over the place, taking all sides of all arguments, and honestly, it's a mess.

Last edited: