One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Rmstorm

Registered User
上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2019
Messages
376
Reaction score
279
Age
30
Country
Phantom Lord
What Eefrit said, but also Aokiji wouldn't necessarily label all pirates as bad, I guess? He'd definitely oppose things like genocide and trying to kill anyone that disagrees with him, like Akainu tried to do to few marines during the war. Though it does make one wonder: where Akainu made the Marines stronger overall, would Aokiji have done the same?
Akainu actaully made the marines weaker, ir should I say irrepairably damaged. Now their will be a split in the marines due to Akainu's own methods being detested by many of the marines.

The Goresei killed themselves installing Akainu at the top. It gives Luffy more power now.
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
They’ve said the marines have become a stronger and bigger fighting force over the timeskip
It works both ways , he wasn’t gonna stay with kuzan as the admiral head
Also random but there’s really nothing like fleet admiral level , the position is based on leadership style and merit , the strength category is done by becoming an admiral already
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
They’ve said the marines have become a stronger and bigger fighting force over the timeskip
It works both ways , he wasn’t gonna stay with kuzan as the admiral head
Also random but there’s really nothing like fleet admiral level , the position is based on leadership style and merit , the strength category is done by becoming an admiral already
I agree with the FA power level.
I never thought once since Akainu became a FA that he has gotten any stronger himself. The position is just a title. Does not necessarily indicate growth of strength.
Also in most shonen, OP may or may not be an example, but usually villains do not power up unless explicitly shown or told. A 2 year time skip does not mean that Akainu powered up unless he trained which doesnt seem like he did like Coby or Smoker. Akainu's power is at his peak, I dont think he is getting any stronger that goes for any other Admiral as well. Even Yonkos such as Kaido or BM, there power probably has been stable for the past decade, except Shanks who joined the Yonko 6 years ago. BB is a different case because he has been stealing DFs but if he was just plain old Teach without his DF then he wouldnt get stronger than he was, which was still pretty strong.

FA Sengoku and VA Garp were stronger than the 3 admirals, I based that off from how they were veterans of Roger's time and it is clear that Roger's Era everybody in that time who was someone was definetly stronger than the current era. But now that they have gotten weaker due to old age they are not as strong as the admirals or maybe just on par but with high diff.

Lucci has returned stronger than Enies Lobby but that was maybe because he actually trained stronger and became CP0. I think if he had never met Luffy he would still be CP9. Crocodile is another special case, he was shown terribly weak early in the series but in MF he is strong, I think Oda didnt plan his character that far long. Moria got defeated and I dont think he has gotten any stronger since the TS, that goes for any other Warlord as well. JImbei seems to be the same since his debut.

So what I am saying is, most characters aside from the main, stay the same level throughout the series, unless it has been explained that theyve gotten powered up. So I can safely assume, Arlong is probably the same strength as he was in East Blue.
 

Lord Traffy Law

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Nov 27, 2018
Messages
2,572
Reaction score
3,519
Age
31
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with the FA power level.
I never thought once since Akainu became a FA that he has gotten any stronger himself. The position is just a title. Does not necessarily indicate growth of strength.
Also in most shonen, OP may or may not be an example, but usually villains do not power up unless explicitly shown or told. A 2 year time skip does not mean that Akainu powered up unless he trained which doesnt seem like he did like Coby or Smoker. Akainu's power is at his peak, I dont think he is getting any stronger that goes for any other Admiral as well. Even Yonkos such as Kaido or BM, there power probably has been stable for the past decade, except Shanks who joined the Yonko 6 years ago. BB is a different case because he has been stealing DFs but if he was just plain old Teach without his DF then he wouldnt get stronger than he was, which was still pretty strong.

FA Sengoku and VA Garp were stronger than the 3 admirals, I based that off from how they were veterans of Roger's time and it is clear that Roger's Era everybody in that time who was someone was definetly stronger than the current era. But now that they have gotten weaker due to old age they are not as strong as the admirals or maybe just on par but with high diff.

Lucci has returned stronger than Enies Lobby but that was maybe because he actually trained stronger and became CP0. I think if he had never met Luffy he would still be CP9. Crocodile is another special case, he was shown terribly weak early in the series but in MF he is strong, I think Oda didnt plan his character that far long. Moria got defeated and I dont think he has gotten any stronger since the TS, that goes for any other Warlord as well. JImbei seems to be the same since his debut.

So what I am saying is, most characters aside from the main, stay the same level throughout the series, unless it has been explained that theyve gotten powered up. So I can safely assume, Arlong is probably the same strength as he was in East Blue.
Exactly where I am , you tend to peak in your 30s and 40s
That’s why I had pushback on people saying kaido had gotten much stronger , just the way he speaks of oden , he’s clearly still spooked by oden strength , finesse and battle wisdom will increase but raw power is in their youth
Crocodile is very interesting cause he was straight beasting in marineford
 

LaGOAT

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Feb 27, 2017
Messages
3,042
Reaction score
3,675
Age
32
Country
United States
Exactly where I am , you tend to peak in your 30s and 40s
That’s why I had pushback on people saying kaido had gotten much stronger , just the way he speaks of oden , he’s clearly still spooked by oden strength , finesse and battle wisdom will increase but raw power is in their youth
Crocodile is very interesting cause he was straight beasting in marineford
Taggs because I think oda said he introduced him early to the series even when luffy beat him he was due to circumstances I mean he beat luffy twice (second fight luffy had an advantage) so I feel like in a way he was nerf
 

Critical mindset

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
90
Reaction score
43
Age
31
Country
Sweden



Normal guard of Law (no CoA) was sufficient, and he was already injured at that. Kaido uses advanced CoA and advanced CoC

Vergo is the guy with the best mastery of basic armament hardening in the series

Especially if Kaido uses a special weapon while Vergo uses a plant material for weapom :teehee
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan



Normal guard of Law (no CoA) was sufficient, and he was already injured at that. Kaido uses advanced CoA and advanced CoC

Vergo is the guy with the best mastery of basic armament hardening in the series

Especially if Kaido uses a special weapon while Vergo uses a plant material for weapom :teehee
What are you claiming here??
 

Rein Avara

aka Ēsu Taichou
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Mangahelper
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
3,226
Reaction score
6,476
Gender
Male
Country
Avatar



Normal guard of Law (no CoA) was sufficient, and he was already injured at that. Kaido uses advanced CoA and advanced CoC

Vergo is the guy with the best mastery of basic armament hardening in the series

Especially if Kaido uses a special weapon while Vergo uses a plant material for weapom :teehee
Yes

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

lol nah no way. @Critical mindset fr??
That’s some odd power scailing if so.
He is entitled to his own opinion after all
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Yes

--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---



He is entitled to his own opinion after all
I know. I Didn’t infringe on his opinion; not poke fun at it. Just stated it’s odd. If he responds I can explain why I or others may find that odd. From there I would consider agreeing to disagree depending on his logic and reasoning.
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Where was Zolo's PL before and now?

Before Onigashima were would you rank Zolo?
During Wano and Dressrosa, since he must've improved like everybody else.
Please be reasonable and provide examples of why you think he is at that level.

For example, I think Onigashima Zolo is above everyone but Luffy within the Supernovas. He definelty made a huge jump. Just based on chapter 1010 I think Zolo could defeat Doffy and maybe even Katakuri but with really high difficulty.
Dressrosa Zolo was weaker than Doffy, Luffy, Law, Sabo, and Fujitora.
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Where was Zolo's PL before and now?

Before Onigashima were would you rank Zolo?
During Wano and Dressrosa, since he must've improved like everybody else.
Please be reasonable and provide examples of why you think he is at that level.

For example, I think Onigashima Zolo is above everyone but Luffy within the Supernovas. He definelty made a huge jump. Just based on chapter 1010 I think Zolo could defeat Doffy and maybe even Katakuri but with really high difficulty.
Dressrosa Zolo was weaker than Doffy, Luffy, Law, Sabo, and Fujitora.
Zolo now can fight certain YC, but he isn't beating ones like Katakuri who has FS and given Zolo's on his COO, mobility, and speed, he isn't competing with that especially in durability given Katakuri when back to back with G4 Luffy and Snakeman. Zolo also isn't above Kidd and Law who are shown to be more capable than they are, but can say he is above Killer. Though still feel Apoo can still bring harm to him given he couldn't solo him on his own.

Zolo is YC lvl, but not really jumping in beating YCs easily just because he was in team fight as what happen in fight on your own is different.

Also idk what you bring his Dressrosa version as he wasn't stronger or already that strong in Dressrosa. Still enemies here who would have given him trouble even in Dressrosa.
 

Grandmaster Woro

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2018
Messages
1,227
Reaction score
751
Age
41
Country
Austria
Where was Zolo's PL before and now?

Before Onigashima were would you rank Zolo?
During Wano and Dressrosa, since he must've improved like everybody else.
Please be reasonable and provide examples of why you think he is at that level.

For example, I think Onigashima Zolo is above everyone but Luffy within the Supernovas. He definelty made a huge jump. Just based on chapter 1010 I think Zolo could defeat Doffy and maybe even Katakuri but with really high difficulty.
Dressrosa Zolo was weaker than Doffy, Luffy, Law, Sabo, and Fujitora.
Current zoro is near admiral level. He just gave permanent scar to kaido, just like oden did
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Wow I got two of the worst people to rate Zolo. I got one who is totally against Zolo and another who is totally biased. They are the clear examples of what not to be in a discussion regarding Zolo.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Wow I got two of the worst people to rate Zolo. I got one who is totally against Zolo and another who is totally biased. They are the clear examples of what not to be in a discussion regarding Zolo.
I think Zoro is between a YC 2 and YC 1. Very solid feats on Onigashima.

Got Big Mom to warn Kaido of impending attack
Slashed Kaido
Blocked Hakai
Blocked multiple attacks from Kaido
Scarred Kaido

While impressive, there are few reasons why I'm not putting him solely in the YC 1 spot.

1. Zoro has yet to show us he can perform said feats in a solo confrontation against a big names.

2. Zoro's best feats are solely due to Enma (insert angry "bUt He'S WiElDinG EnMa" arguement) and unless he can make that power his own and spread that power to his other blades, I can't imagine defeating him is much harder than separating him from Enma.

3. Zoro has 2 feats that are grossly opposites. He got stabbed by Killer and fainted due to that and stomach poisoning but then he blocked Hakai and survived, even if he was rescued by Law that is one of the greatest on page feats we have seen. Highly inconsistent and I can't guage where he is at tank wise and defensively.

4. Zoro cannot fight opponents who one would consider "tricky". I don't trust he could defeat Katakuri(future sight), but I do think he would fair better against King who is just a zoan/swordsman

5. There no evidence Zoro has Advanced CoA which tells me he had a ways to go Haki wise(minus Enma) before he can start unleashing some Mihawk level slashes.


If we were ranking the Rooftop 5 I'd say: (Based on feats)

Luffy
Zoro
Law
Kidd
Killer

Among the Strawhats I'm ranking him(based on feats):
Luffy
Jinbe/Zoro
Sanji

Aside from Luffy he has the greatest feats against the World's Stongest Creature so that cannot be ignored


I think if he fought Mihawk, fully healthy, with the feats he has now... he can push Mihawk to a mid-high diff. But I don't rank Mihawk higher than any of the Yonko so take that into consideration when reading the above.

With 3 of the best Dr's in the world on the island I'm sure Zoro is going to recover with enough energy to fight atleast a YC or F6 member. He's not done in this arc by far.
 

XXGenesis

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Oct 8, 2011
Messages
3,135
Reaction score
1,885
Age
35
Gender
Male
Country
Turkmenistan
Where was Zolo's PL before and now?

Before Onigashima were would you rank Zolo?
During Wano and Dressrosa, since he must've improved like everybody else.
Please be reasonable and provide examples of why you think he is at that level.

For example, I think Onigashima Zolo is above everyone but Luffy within the Supernovas. He definelty made a huge jump. Just based on chapter 1010 I think Zolo could defeat Doffy and maybe even Katakuri but with really high difficulty.
Dressrosa Zolo was weaker than Doffy, Luffy, Law, Sabo, and Fujitora.
I’ll try to answer reasonably.

Current Zoro I say is 2nd strongest SN. His Support on blocking for Luffy, assisting Luffy during his 10min break. Then his assault that damaged & scarred Kaido. Kidd has a counter DF his showings however say he doesn’t have a good enough counter. Law also has tricky DF power, Zoro imo is more offensive & can land his attacks.


So I say YC1+. If I had to power scale him to somebody it would be above Luffy Pre rooftop.

All of Zoro’s training was done off screen; But we do know that he loves to work out. His main power up was Enma; a New sword like always Zoro’s limits & power increases.

So previously Dressora Zoro in my head is YC3;
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
Wow I got two of the worst people to rate Zolo. I got one who is totally against Zolo and another who is totally biased. They are the clear examples of what not to be in a discussion regarding Zolo.
And coming from guy who called Zoro as 'Zolo' as if being fair himself especially his posts. Don't go after others and get back on topic.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think Zoro is between a YC 2 and YC 1. Very solid feats on Onigashima.

Got Big Mom to warn Kaido of impending attack
Slashed Kaido
Blocked Hakai
Blocked multiple attacks from Kaido
Scarred Kaido

While impressive, there are few reasons why I'm not putting him solely in the YC 1 spot.

1. Zoro has yet to show us he can perform said feats in a solo confrontation against a big names.

2. Zoro's best feats are solely due to Enma (insert angry "bUt He'S WiElDinG EnMa" arguement) and unless he can make that power his own and spread that power to his other blades, I can't imagine defeating him is much harder than separating him from Enma.

3. Zoro has 2 feats that are grossly opposites. He got stabbed by Killer and fainted due to that and stomach poisoning but then he blocked Hakai and survived, even if he was rescued by Law that is one of the greatest on page feats we have seen. Highly inconsistent and I can't guage where he is at tank wise and defensively.

4. Zoro cannot fight opponents who one would consider "tricky". I don't trust he could defeat Katakuri(future sight), but I do think he would fair better against King who is just a zoan/swordsman

5. There no evidence Zoro has Advanced CoA which tells me he had a ways to go Haki wise(minus Enma) before he can start unleashing some Mihawk level slashes.


If we were ranking the Rooftop 5 I'd say: (Based on feats)

Luffy
Zoro
Law
Kidd
Killer

Among the Strawhats I'm ranking him(based on feats):
Luffy
Jinbe/Zoro
Sanji

Aside from Luffy he has the greatest feats against the World's Stongest Creature so that cannot be ignored


I think if he fought Mihawk, fully healthy, with the feats he has now... he can push Mihawk to a mid-high diff. But I don't rank Mihawk higher than any of the Yonko so take that into consideration when reading the above.

With 3 of the best Dr's in the world on the island I'm sure Zoro is going to recover with enough energy to fight atleast a YC or F6 member. He's not done in this arc by far.
I agree with most of what you said, but Kidd and Law are stronger than Zoro. I can only give you above Killer and Strawhats, he still in same league with Sanji while can say he is above Jimbei, but there is not much gap there.

Also certain feats aren't there as he didn't stop Hakai. That one he was saved by Law. Also 'Idk' on 'blocked' attacks on Kaido. Do you mean Full Zoan? I agree on that, but not much feat there given even Scabbards did same thing. Though not Hybrid Form or Base Form. He is YC lvl for sure though.
 
Last edited:

Critical mindset

Registered User
下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2019
Messages
90
Reaction score
43
Age
31
Country
Sweden
I know. I Didn’t infringe on his opinion; not poke fun at it. Just stated it’s odd. If he responds I can explain why I or others may find that odd. From there I would consider agreeing to disagree depending on his logic and reasoning.
It's not a matter of opinion, it's a canon fact of manga that Law took a direct hit and CoC slash (Zoro only took the slash). You just undersold Law's durability. Doffy's bullet strings > Kaido´s club at this rate, you undersold Doffy and Vergo
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Top