Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 503 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Critical mindset

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Why would you ever conclude that?

There's a black lightning trail whenever CoC hardening is used. There's zero reason to assume someone like Vergo could use it.

Besides it's an extremely rare technique, which only the strongest in the world have used. Breaking Sanji's leg back in Punk Hazard is not an extraordinary feat.
Yes it is extraordinary feat to break Sanji's leg the way he did it. If you kicked like that with all your might and someone blocked like that, you would break your shit pretty fucking bad

Like 2 days ago the exact same thing happened to Weidman in UFC that it did to Anderson Silvia

Look how he does a low angle kick, and of course the block with patella, he beaks fucking bad
what Vergo did is the definition of extraordinary. Sanji used fucking armament hardening and Vergo still broke him. Sanji clashed with BM ffs lol but cant clash wiht Vergo lmao

Sachsenhesse

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Germany
Only 16 characters have been confirmed to use CoC in the manga.
Thats more characters than they were shichibukai, exshichibukai included. ^^

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
Only 16 characters have been confirmed to use CoC in the manga.
And there is more to come if you take Don Chinjao's words and he is correct as Oda is increasing the number. I think given all those who haven't been confirmed yet and are heavily implied, we could have around 20+ or 30+ users by EOS.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I think it depends? Like, Enel's attacks took out even Zoro while Sanji and Usopp were out for a while, while Nami's lightning wouldn't take any of the three down. It doesn't seem to be as strong as Enel's attacks. Zeus might not be as strong against Ulti because of her durability as a zoan, but it depends. I don't know how much voltage Zeus can put out compared to Enel, but it did seem to do some damage to Big Mom. Who knows if Enel could do that kind of damage?
I mean didn't Enel's attack was that destructive especially make sense on Sanji being out given he took strongest bolts if I recall and Zoro it took 2 different ones. Enel was really OP back then and it really shows if he was among world, his bounty would be 500 Million. Makes me wonder how he will interact with others given his 'God Complex'?

Last edited:

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
Thats more characters than they were shichibukai, exshichibukai included. ^^
It was said that one in several million people have CoC, so around 20 people would still hold true to that by a margin.

It's true that haki in general seemed to be rarer before the TS but, well, I guess this was necessary for fights to still be entertaining.

King Moe

Banned
Reaction score
Country
United States
It was said that one in several million people have CoC, so around 20 people would still hold true to that by a margin.

It's true that haki in general seemed to be rarer before the TS but, well, I guess this was necessary for fights to still be entertaining.
I mean we can't have more COC Clashes if we don't see more those having COC, so we got expect it to increase, but just because it reach around 20+ or 30+, doesn't' mean Oda isn't making it 'rare' as compare to many roster of characters he made throughout, he keeping it true how rare it is from that amount comparing to thousands of characters he has.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
I mean didn't Enel's attack was that destructive especially make sense on Sanji being out given he took strongest bolts if I recall and Zoro it took 2 different ones. Enel was really OP back then and it really shows if he was among world, his bounty would be 500 Million. Makes me wonder how he will interact with others given his 'God Complex'?
I don't remember how many bolts it took to take out Zoro, but Sanji definitely got two shocks - one with Usopp and one trying to save Nami.

I think Enel calmed down, no? The cover stories seem to imply that he has. Going up against enemies like admirals and emperors though, how would Enel fare, when haki is a thing now? Can lightning get past CoA? If he imbues his lightning attacks with his CoA, would it get past CoA?

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
Reaction score
Country
Spain
I don't remember how many bolts it took to take out Zoro, but Sanji definitely got two shocks - one with Usopp and one trying to save Nami.
Sanji, Zoro and Wiper were all tased twice.

And Zoro and Wiper still contributed a while later to destroy the giant plant. Wiper survived two reject dials on top of the thunders.

I'll add that Enel didn't use his strongest thunder in any of them. He used 30 Million Volts on his second attack on Zoro but he showed his max to be 200 against Luffy.

albertwv

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
Enel was strong for the Paradise part of OP but in the NW he would at least be Yonko Executive level, right below YC. His lightning is the only thing defending him. I think both Sanji and Zolo couldve taken down Enel physically if it wasnt for the logia part.
Enel would get killed by the admirals and yonkos.

Anyways, where do you rank Pre TS CP9 in the NW? Especially Pre TS Lucci

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Sanji, Zoro and Wiper were all tased twice.

And Zoro and Wiper still contributed a while later to destroy the giant plant. Wiper survived two reject dials on top of the thunders.

I'll add that Enel didn't use his strongest thunder in any of them. He used 30 Million Volts on his second attack on Zoro but he showed his max to be 200 against Luffy.
They were also out for a while though, so it seems 30 million can do damage, just not enough to kill but KO. Wonder what 200 million volts can do though, but given it's OP, I doubt it'll kill.

Lord Traffy Law

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Enel has the best COO outside katakuri in the series , his mastery in another direction , presence
Imo he’s probably an awakened logia and maybe the person who mastered it the most
He’s also very very physically strong
Problem is that he’s a bit of a glass cannon and can’t tank hits really well
Low key he gives of conqueror haki vibes but he might never awaken it

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
I think it depends? Like, Enel's attacks took out even Zoro while Sanji and Usopp were out for a while, while Nami's lightning wouldn't take any of the three down. It doesn't seem to be as strong as Enel's attacks. Zeus might not be as strong against Ulti because of her durability as a zoan, but it depends. I don't know how much voltage Zeus can put out compared to Enel, but it did seem to do some damage to Big Mom. Who knows if Enel could do that kind of damage?
Nami has shown to at least stun/faze Ulti with her Thunder lance tempo w/e it’s name now

I’m searching for the scan. Can’t find it!! Lol as to when she shocked them & how they reacted. Sure it was a gag but it had context to her effectiveness using her lighting

When Nami tricked Zesus during the chase through seducing woods. She took out all of the BMP that were following them, except for BM. I think that to date has been Nami’s

I think Enel's lightning is stronger than Zeus'. Or at least more deadlier in the way Enel used it compared to BM handling Zeus or even Nami. BM can use Zeus and maybe now Hera, for a wider destruction or so but Enel if he awakens his DF would probably be way deadlier. If we already saw what he could do in Skypiea with his lightning, which makes me wonder, what if Enel had already awakened it like this panel shows:

If that wasnt awakened then imagine Enel with awakened DF. Sidenote somewhat relevant: i wish the Straw Hats had gone to Raijin Island where thunderbolts were raining down nonstop. I wanted to see an adventure there and maybe a return of Enel would be perfect there. I dislike how Oda never explained the actions of the SN in their journeys in the NW right before the TS. Like what did Urouge do when he reached Raijin Island, what sucked Bege's ship into the sky, how did Apoo start to run on air to escape the boar, and what happened between Drake vs Scotch....etc.
Enel has the full potential to be stronger than Zesus. His DF is the logia of the element. BM is only transforming a cloud so it’s limited, while Enel isn’t.

Lol ahh Geez everybody love me Enel. Understandable. I’m going to keep looking for this passive ass, casual moment of a scan.

But I’m curious as to, what’s the most could non fodder but not top tier super human in One Piece endure.....

Zoro & Killer easily survived a Zesus technique.

Vergo didn’t take a Counter Shock lightly.

Ulti was dropped by Thunder Lance Tempo; No lasting damage.

So imo Nami’s lighting thecinque are nighly effective & with Zesus. She may just be a threat to some

Critical mindset

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
Sanji bent the beakwith his armament haki.

Last edited by a moderator:

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sanji bent the beakwith his armament haki.

I don't think that's the case, more of a continuation error or just Oda deciding to change it after its initial showing in ch930.

In ch989 you can see that it looks similar to its initial design.

Above all though, had his beak been bent by Sanji, I doubt Oda would've just glossed over that fact without so much as a reaction from King.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Nami has shown to at least stun/faze Ulti with her Thunder lance tempo w/e it’s name now

I’m searching for the scan. Can’t find it!! Lol as to when she shocked them & how they reacted. Sure it was a gag but it had context to her effectiveness using her lighting

When Nami tricked Zesus during the chase through seducing woods. She took out all of the BMP that were following them, except for BM. I think that to date has been Nami’s
DIdn't she also temporarily daze Big Mom? I think that's a huge feat given Big Mom's ability to take hits like nothing. She's good at using lightning strikes too, especially with other stuff to enhance its power.

Critical mindset

Reaction score
Country
Sweden
I don't think that's the case, more of a continuation error or just Oda deciding to change it after its initial showing in ch930.

In ch989 you can see that it looks similar to its initial design.

Above all though, had his beak been bent by Sanji, I doubt Oda would've just glossed over that fact without so much as a reaction from King.
NO from this point of view you cant accurately tell though it does actually look like a downward bent. So from three panels (there is one more I didnt show whihc also shows a bent) means 4 fucking panels lol show a bent, and your lame excuse is its astylisitc choice when it's an egregious stylisitc choice. It looks horrible lol. Not to mention pteradons dont have bent beaks lol

Oda is setting up for their fight

If Oda wants to reveal it later its up to him. We dont know how he wants to build up elements of his story. We cant ignore the bleeding obvious that's in front of us. That bent is not achieved naturally and it sure as hell is not a stylistic choice all of a sudden lmao

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
NO from this point of view you cant accurately tell though it does actually look like a downward bent. So from three panels (there is one more I didnt show whihc also shows a bent) means 4 fucking panels lol show a bent, and your lame excuse is its astylisitc choice when it's an egregious stylisitc choice. It looks horrible lol. Not to mention pteradons dont have bent beaks lol

Oda is setting up for their fight

If Oda wants to reveal it later its up to him. We dont know how he wants to build up elements of his story. We cant ignore the bleeding obvious that's in front of us. That bent is not achieved naturally and it sure as hell is not a stylistic choice all of a sudden lmao
Alright, fair enough.

In that case I give some serious props to King; having your beak bent like that but just shrugging it off with no reaction (!). These ancient zoans sure are tough.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation

That's the first appearance of king's dinosaur form...... his beak looks slightly bent. That's just what he looks like. And even then, if the beak got bent went attacking sanji it wouldn't have been over his haki.. Sanji credited the clutch suit for surviving that attack.

hokageji

Reaction score
Country
United States
King's beak has only been straight when he attacked Sanji. maybe he can control it in some sorta way.... But you are right, Sanji himself acknowledged that the raid suit is why he survived the attack....

Wurstkuche

Reaction score
Country
United States
You guys see the info on the latest vivre cards that covers up to ch. 994?

Seems like RS Sanji is as strong as the tobirobbo or he’s stronger than all of them (I believe the verdict is still out on the translation. I wouldn’t be shocked if he was stronger than all)

And Oda made an effort to point out the enma is using Zoro’s haki and not Oden’s. It’s a confirmed cursed sword which isn’t surprising.