One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
I think it is fine because Cracker was rather a shitty swordsman.
He fought the least with his sword and majority of the time with his doubles made of biscuits...
*With haki strong enough to surpass Gear 4th haki when he coated Pretzel with it.

Seperate question, since I'm dying for a convo that doesnt turn into an insulting bloodbath, do you think Mihawk knows of Cracker?
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
*With haki strong enough to surpass Gear 4th haki when he coated Pretzel with it.

Seperate question, since I'm dying for a convo that doesnt turn into an insulting bloodbath, do you think Mihawk knows of Cracker?
Yes but considering it was a free hit, a good swordsman would at least cut his arm off. However, Luffy has plot protection against such so I might treat Cracker unfairly about that scene but still, the problem remains that he fights with his biscuits rather than with his sword which really puts his swordsmanship in 2nd plan. I dont think we will find swordsmanship in 2nd plan on any other swordsman. Fujitora incorporates gravity but he doesnt hide behind it like Cracker.

I dont think Mihawk knows of him, not worthy enough to be remembered. :toc
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I don't think Mihawk knows Cracker or at the very least, respects him. That fight didn't show Cracker as someone to respect
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Mihawk knew who Vista was despite never meeting before, and showed some respect for him. I don't see why it would be different for any of the Sweet Commanders.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Mihawk knew who Vista was despite never meeting before, and showed some respect for him. I don't see why it would be different for any of the Sweet Commanders.
Yeah I agree

A Yonko Commander with a "One of a kind" Meito... Mihawk at least knows OF him
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Mihawk knew who Vista was despite never meeting before, and showed some respect for him. I don't see why it would be different for any of the Sweet Commanders.
Vista seems to be someone respectable though, and accomplished enough. The Sweet Commanders except for Katakuri may not have done much to warrant respect.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Vista seems to be someone respectable though, and accomplished enough. The Sweet Commanders except for Katakuri may not have done much to warrant respect.
On theory, just like anyone know who the Yonko are, they also heard of their right-hand men.

As far as I can tell, the commanders of the Yonko are all noteworthy: the Gorosei commented on Marco stopping Blackbeard, Benn Beckman got Kizaru attention, Morgan article about the "5th Emperor" mentioned that Cracker and Katakuri were defeated, Big Mom recognized Queen, etc.
 

Kato756

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2014
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
2,467
Age
30
Gender
Male
Country
Brazil
How far do you guys think Katakuri is from a Yonkou?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
On theory, just like anyone know who the Yonko are, they also heard of their right-hand men.

As far as I can tell, the commanders of the Yonko are all noteworthy: the Gorosei commented on Marco stopping Blackbeard, Benn Beckman got Kizaru attention, Morgan article about the "5th Emperor" mentioned that Cracker and Katakuri were defeated, Big Mom recognized Queen, etc.
I thought Katakuri was Big Mom's right hand man.

That's likely because these guys made a name for themselves out of their captain. Though, in Cracker's case it was just the news mentioning him, and because he's a commander and has a high bounty.
How far do you guys think Katakuri is from a Yonkou?
Extremely far.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
How far do you guys think Katakuri is from a Yonkou?
Just like Luffy, he would be defeated instantly. Katakuri and Smoothie didn't even considered using force to stop Big Mom rampage as an option.
 
Last edited:

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Yep, I used Luffy as a benchmark. If Luffy couldn't do anything to either Yonkou, then Katakuri has no chance as I don't see him being that much stronger than Luffy.

Not gonna lie though, I'd love to see him and Luffy become rivals.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Hm bakas making bets without me...
Anyway, I think Zoro wont be sharing his final opponent with anyone, he considers that a humiliation.
We have been judging those match-ups based on Luffy and his performance in WCI and if Zoro were to beat a right hand of a Yonko it would make Luffy look bad since he had no answer for both Cracker and Katakuri.

However, Cracker is just bad match-up for Luffy and the main reason why Katakuri was difficult is his future sight.
There is no reason why Zoro wouldn't be able to defeat King by himself as he has been holding back the entire time and afaik, King has no future sight nor a tricky DF, just a physically strong swordsman who probably somehow uses fire and Zoro picked an interest in cuting fire back on Pink Hazard.
@nik87 moved this because I didnt want it to get deleted from a Sanji centric thread.

Zoro's opponents have always been "Strength based" Zoro has never really fought a "tricky" opponent hence why Oda never matches Zoro up with someone that STANDS OUT with a tricky DF.

Pica was close but all Pica is was run and hide.

Zoro would probably fair better than Luffy against Cracker, but could never win against Katakuri or a non straight forward "strength based" opponent.

Edit: I shouldn't say never. He hasn't shown the ability to face non straightforward opponents of his level.
 
Last edited:

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
@nik87 moved this because I didnt want it to get deleted from a Sanji centric thread.
Zoro's opponents have always been "Strength based" Zoro has never really fought a "tricky" opponent hence why Oda never matches Zoro up with someone that STANDS OUT with a tricky DF.
Pica was close but all Pica is was run and hide.
Zoro would probably fair better than Luffy against Cracker, but could never win against Katakuri or a non straight forward "strength based" opponent.
Edit: I shouldn't say never. He hasn't shown the ability to face non straightforward opponents of his level.
I get what you mean.
Do you also think that King, who is also straight forward strength-based opponent, would never win against Katakuri?
Also, if we compare Luffy and Zoro with each other, Luffy isnt tricky either and rather straight forward fighter.
It's hard to guess how Katakuri vs Zoro would play out. The future sight would obviously be a problem but Asura Zoro would probably be able to neutralize that advantage as it doesnt seem to have a blind spot. I dont know if the stickiness of the mochi with awakening would hold the swords or Zoro would cut through it...
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
I get what you mean.
Do you also think that King, who is also straight forward strength-based opponent, would never win against Katakuri?
Also, if we compare Luffy and Zoro with each other, Luffy isnt tricky either and rather straight forward fighter.
It's hard to guess how Katakuri vs Zoro would play out. The future sight would obviously be a problem but Asura Zoro would probably be able to neutralize that advantage as it doesnt seem to have a blind spot. I dont know if the stickiness of the mochi with awakening would hold the swords or Zoro would cut through it...
In regards to Zoro... Yet.

King is a proven NW combatant so King vs Katakuri looks solid on its face. But in regards to Zoro? He is unproven against opponents like Katakuri for the entire history of One Piece. Luffy is regularly shown to overcome the trickery of his opponents abilities.

King is a Zoan, once more a strength based opponent prime and perfect for Zoro,'s character.

What if his opponent was Queen? One hit of Mummy (which Zoro would no doubt be hit by) its game over.

Sanji now has invisibly which is prime to counter or at least stale Queen from using Mummy.

No disrespect to Zoro here, but Oda never puts Zoro in a position to fail. Oda backed himself into a corner with Zoro exclaiming he will never lose again back in the Baratie Arc.

Hence Sanji is the fall back guy or as you so lovingly state "hype tool" lol

Dressrosa Arc is a perfect situation.

Sanji fought Doflamingo and got wrecked because Doflamingo was pissed.

Zoro gets an opportunity to clash with Doflamingo and what do ya know? An Admiral with no ill will or killing intent blocks his path.
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
@Lexusflame Why do you think Zoro would get hit by plague bullet without a doubt? 🤔
I think the statement that he would never lose again refers only to swordsmen as he specified that in the fight against Cabaji.
Do you think Doffy would trash Zoro like he trashed Sanji? (if it turns out that Zoro is strong enough to beat King)
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
@Lexusflame Why do you think Zoro would get hit by plague bullet without a doubt? 🤔
I think the statement that he would never lose again refers only to swordsmen as he specified that in the fight against Cabaji.
Do you think Doffy would trash Zoro like he ]trashed Sanji? (if it turns out that Zoro is strong enough to beat King in this arc)
I think of Zoro's opponent in dressrosa was Doflamingo then Zoro would have learned to counter Dolfamingo's abilities and defeat him. (If Zoro has the potential to beat King), just like he did with Mr. 1. )

Personally I dont think Zoro can get past parasite, but I'm willing to debate Zoro vs Doflamingo in either direction

Yes I think Zoro would get hit by Plague bullet at least once. He never comes out of a battle completely unscathed, but watch. Oda wont put him in a situation where Zoro have to be confronted by any Mummy using Beast Pirates
 

nik87

Banned
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Aug 25, 2016
Messages
3,658
Reaction score
3,348
Country
The Wall
I think of Zoro's opponent in dressrosa was Doflamingo then Zoro would have learned to counter Dolfamingo's abilities and defeat him. (If Zoro has the potential to beat King), just like he did with Mr. 1. )
Personally I dont think Zoro can get past parasite, but I'm willing to debate Zoro vs Doflamingo in either direction
I think if Zoro's CoA ends up being strong enough to cut King then I guess he could have cut Doffy's strings as well and that could be a reason why Oda didnt allow him to engage with Doffy, aka it would be too easy since strings would be useless against swords.
I dont know about the parasite, there could always be a way around it, for example, same like Luffy's case, he wasnt under Parasite, just held by strings or he would never be able to get his hands to his mouth to blow air to go into G4... I think people give too much credit to Parasite.
Yes I think Zoro would get hit by Plague bullet at least once. He never comes out of a battle completely unscathed, but watch. Oda wont put him in a situation where Zoro have to be confronted by any Mummy using Beast Pirates
Okay, I am gonna fanboy here too much, knowing Zoro, he would fight despite plague affecting him. :toc
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
I think if Zoro's CoA ends up being strong enough to cut King then I guess he could have cut Doffy's strings as well and that could be a reason why Oda didnt allow him to engage with Doffy, aka it would be too easy since strings would be useless against swords.
I dont know about the parasite, there could always be a way around it, for example, same like Luffy's case, he wasnt under Parasite, just held by strings or he would never be able to get his hands to his mouth to blow air to go into G4... I think people give too much credit to Parasite.

Okay, I am gonna fanboy here too much, knowing Zoro, he would fight despite plague affecting him. :toc
If Zoro can resist the effects of Mummy better and longer than Luffy with willpower then Zoro>Luffy

In regards to DvZ: Doflamingo also has God Thread on top of Awakening on top of parasite.

Remember if Luffy had used KKG immediately, the fight would have been over much faster without the 10 minutes break in between uses of G4
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

Lol we can "hug" people now hahahaha.

Hug for u @nik87
 

King Moe

Banned
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Mar 29, 2018
Messages
5,924
Reaction score
3,413
Age
31
Country
United States
More interestered him fighting Orochi honestly as Idk many still think he is King worthy after past fights. Plus Oda writing direction to Orochi shows he said clearly he wants him. If Orochi is able to back up the lore of his DF, then it be great challenge for Zoro to cut something that can renegerate and can't be 'cut'. How he goes about defeating him?

Also Zoro not always victorious in strength-based since it been shown certain characters he couldn't past before especially this arc with Kyoshiro where he needed Hardening for blade clashes, but Kyoshiro wasn't even faze. Doubt it be different story with him besting Doflamingo either. If Law and Sanji had tough time, Zoro wouldn't last either, especially past opportunity of cutting Birdcage to show he could cut his strings, but couldn't. Lately he looks to be hype tool for others now in this arc if take look at his fights within Wano.

Do expect his contributions though, but got see more before final battle if any indication will points to King or he reach lol needed to face him yet. Many passing 'Acts' can be an comeback for him and retrain himself like how Luffy and Sanji are in preparing themselves too for their opponents in the future.
 
Last edited:
Top