One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 12, 2008
Messages
27,709
Reaction score
27,506
Gender
Male
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread
​

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

  • For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

  1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Characters that are definitely stronger than Katakuri (total = 21):
  • Luffy
  • Roger
  • Rayleigh
  • Oden
  • Weevil
  • Rocks
  • Shiki
  • Dragon
  • Garp
  • 5 Emperors
  • 7 Admirals and Fleet Admirals

Characters that are hyped by fans (total = 9):
  • Gaban
  • Beckman
  • Mihawk
  • Imu
  • 5 Gorosei

Then you have other commanders, Shichibukai Supernovas, Scabbards, etc which is uncertain. IMHO Katakuri is among the strongest, but there's competition.
I would take out Dragon, Shiki, and Weevil from that list.
Shiki is a weird one because he got his ass kicked by Pre TS Luffy but 20 years ago he was almost on pair with Garp and Sengoku who were clearly stronger than their present selves. So I dont waste my time with Shiki.
Dragon, people always like to rank Dragon, Im, and Gorosei. I dont waste my time on them either because none have actually shown any indications on how powerful they are. Dragon I do understand since he is above Sabo, but I dont like to rank him until we have a more clearer picture. Im and Gorosei are pointless to rank.

Why do people think Weevil is so strong? He havent seen him do much besides take down NW pirates who were affiliated to WB, who actually seem pretty weak. Not until we see Weevil fight someone we can rank him from then he is nonexistent to me.

I put Marco above all YC1s and rank Katakuri as the lowest YC1. Remember Marco was thought capable of stopping Pre TS BB, although they lost ultimately.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Why do people think Weevil is so strong? He havent seen him do much besides take down NW pirates who were affiliated to WB, who actually seem pretty weak. Not until we see Weevil fight someone we can rank him from then he is nonexistent to me.
Probably because of Kizaru's statement.
 

McNuss

Registered User
有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Joined
Jan 5, 2012
Messages
2,995
Reaction score
2,436
Gender
Male
Country
Germany
What if Hybrid Kaido picks up the giant Onigashima sword and starts fighting as a swordsman ?
I honestly see Hybrid Kaido as a smaller form, because the size becomes an issue for the battle design process. The latest chapters must have been super tough to draw, the immense thing that is Kaido that has to make realistic serpentine movements and stuff. He will likely get rid of the full Dragon soon. But a gigantic version is also still difficult and there should also be an awakening considering this is a Yonko and this has to be gigantic.

I think the hybrid will be around normal Kaido size so it's only like 5 meters difference between him and G4 Luffy and they fit together in a doublespread while clashing.

And I am somehow a bit entertained by the possibility that one of the forms, Hybrid or Awakening could bear resemblance to Pollunga since the full form is already Shenron...
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
I would take out Dragon, Shiki, and Weevil from that list.
Shiki is a weird one because he got his ass kicked by Pre TS Luffy but 20 years ago he was almost on pair with Garp and Sengoku who were clearly stronger than their present selves. So I dont waste my time with Shiki.
Dragon, people always like to rank Dragon, Im, and Gorosei. I dont waste my time on them either because none have actually shown any indications on how powerful they are. Dragon I do understand since he is above Sabo, but I dont like to rank him until we have a more clearer picture. Im and Gorosei are pointless to rank.

Why do people think Weevil is so strong? He havent seen him do much besides take down NW pirates who were affiliated to WB, who actually seem pretty weak. Not until we see Weevil fight someone we can rank him from then he is nonexistent to me.

I put Marco above all YC1s and rank Katakuri as the lowest YC1. Remember Marco was thought capable of stopping Pre TS BB, although they lost ultimately.
Kizaru commented on how Weevil reminded him of young Whitebeard.

While it's true that Dragon has not done anything yet, I'm sure his position among the revolutionaries is not just political.
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Kizaru commented on how Weevil reminded him of young Whitebeard.

While it's true that Dragon has not done anything yet, I'm sure his position among the revolutionaries is not just political.
Besides Kizaru's statement what else does Weevil have to proof that he is even YC1 level? Honestly he hasnt shown much yet. We can wait until he proves himself. I am not claiming he is weak all I'm saying is let's give him a chance to show us how strong he really is until then.

Dragon is most likely strong like a Yonko but so far I would not rank him anything above Admiral or YC1.
How strong is Sabo?
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
Dragon's probably ranked high because he's one of the most wanted criminals, is the leader of a rebellion army, and has not been caught by the government so far. Not to mention, he had no problem stopping Smoker from arresting Luffy.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Fair enough, technically Dragon has not done anything to confirm his strength, and I should have put him in the hype list.

How strong is Sabo?
Equal to Ace, I think.
 

Ramen

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Oct 19, 2019
Messages
7,997
Reaction score
8,492
Gender
Male
Country
Canada
Rayleigh because Oden died before he could go into his prime.
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Hard to say, but I imagine they were somewhat comparable. I'd give Rayleigh the slight edge during their prime.
I would say Rayleigh since he was Roger's 2nd hand man even when Oden was in Roger's ship.
I feel like Sabo is stronger than Ace. Ace wasnt shown to use Pre TS Haki.
 

Pirate Queen

Registered User
九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
Joined
Jun 1, 2010
Messages
9,681
Reaction score
17,738
Country
United States
Rayleigh because he's not a bitch and is still alive.
I love this because you can us it litterally everywhere.

Whose stronger? Whitebeard or Big Mom?

Big Mom because she's not a bitch and is still alive.

How very NaLu Shipper-like of you.... M3J-kun

 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
IMHO objectively Oden should be stronger than Rayleigh

Oden managed to:
- Pressure Whitebeard
- Withstand an attack from Roger without any real damage
- Overpowered Kaido

Rayleigh seems to idealize his captain strength, so I think the difference between them was bigger than Roger and Oden.

Also Kaido has the title of the "strongest creature", so I think he's definitely stronger than Rayleigh. This means Rayleigh would not be capable of doing what Oden did to Kaido.
 

Nie Li

Marine Hunter
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Jul 24, 2016
Messages
6,207
Reaction score
8,760
Gender
Male
Country
Spain
IMHO objectively Oden should be stronger than Rayleigh

Oden managed to:
- Pressure Whitebeard
- Withstand an attack from Roger without any real damage
- Overpowered Kaido

Rayleigh seems to idealize his captain strength, so I think the difference between them was bigger than Roger and Oden.

Also Kaido has the title of the "strongest creature", so I think he's definitely stronger than Rayleigh. This means Rayleigh would not be capable of doing what Oden did to Kaido.
I disagree with this reasoning.

About his feats: Oden surprised Whitebeard with his strength, but he was later overwhelmed by Roger in two seconds, so Rayleigh idolizing his captain strength doesn't change much, since Oden probably did as well.

About the "strongest creature" bit: Why does that title mean Rayleigh would not be capable of doing what Oden did? The title was also there when Oden did so and Kaido being the strongest creature did not stop him.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
I love this because you can us it litterally everywhere.

Whose stronger? Whitebeard or Big Mom?

Big Mom because she's not a bitch and is still alive.

How very NaLu Shipper-like of you.... M3J-kun

Technically, Big Mom is seen as a bitch, whereas Whitebeard took hits after hits and still kept fighting. Not even having 1/4 or 1/2 of his head burned off could stop him.

Eww, I'm not a deluded tard like those Nalu shippers.
 

Fox666

Registered User
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Joined
Apr 28, 2008
Messages
7,007
Reaction score
4,650
Country
Galactic Empire
Not even having 1/4 or 1/2 of his head burned off could stop him.
It did stop him... there's no way the Blackbeard Pirates would have killed him wasn't for these injuries.
 

M3J

MH Senpai
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
48,828
Reaction score
17,292
Gender
Male
Country
Akatsuki
???

Did Whitebeard die when he had part of his head burned off or did he die waaay later after taking attacks after attacks from the Blackbeard Pirates?
 

albertwv

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Mar 1, 2019
Messages
865
Reaction score
797
Age
30
Country
United States
Rayleigh > Oden by just a bit. He is the muthafxkin Dark King. His reputation is known more than Oden's. Like I mentioned, Ray was Roger's first mate and strongest crew member.
 

LadyVados

Registered User
英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2020
Messages
1,326
Reaction score
768
Age
25
Gender
Female
Country
Gotei 13
Rayleigh is definitely more famous in the one piece world than the Yonko, whether he is above them in strength is hard to say.

But I do think Color trio members are comparable to Yonko and Rayleigh was holding his own against one after not picking up a sword for decades...
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---

I honestly see Hybrid Kaido as a smaller form, because the size becomes an issue for the battle design process. The latest chapters must have been super tough to draw, the immense thing that is Kaido that has to make realistic serpentine movements and stuff. He will likely get rid of the full Dragon soon. But a gigantic version is also still difficult and there should also be an awakening considering this is a Yonko and this has to be gigantic.

I think the hybrid will be around normal Kaido size so it's only like 5 meters difference between him and G4 Luffy and they fit together in a doublespread while clashing.

And I am somehow a bit entertained by the possibility that one of the forms, Hybrid or Awakening could bear resemblance to Pollunga since the full form is already Shenron...
That’s what I was thinking about actually, a small-ish Hybrid and a gigantic awakened hybrid.


 
Top