Discussion - One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread | Page 572 | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece Power Level Discussion Thread

goldb

Strongest Under the Sun
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Administrator
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ground Rules for the Power Level Discussion Thread

As always, please follow the guidelines set by the Forum Rules that apply across the board.

It's important that discussions from a current chapter are spoiler tagged until 24h have passed from an english release.

• For the sake of constructive discussion, where and when possible please quote/ source any information you provide. Particularly when it comes to conversations carried over from other threads.
  • Avoid passive agressive posts, sly remarks or baiting/trolling. You can certainly have fun or disagree without it being at someone's expense.
  • Only use anime examples that are canon and as means to provide clarity to pages in the manga. Any other anime material is otherwise non-canon and should only be referenced if it can be proved that the mangaka had approved it.
  • We will strive to avoid repetitive discussions and any extensive battle topics will be guided to the Davy Back fight to existing threads or new ones can be made there.

As of now these topics are shelved due to repetitiveness or until the manga can present us with material to further discussions:

1. Shanks v Mihawk
  2. Hand to hand fighters > Swordsmen
  3. Zoro > Luffy
  4. Zoro v Sanji
  5. Is Smoker a top 30 character?
  6. Mihawk's rank within the story
  7. Law having CoC currently.
  8. Katakuri > Kaido/Luffy/Etc.

If you wish to continue any of these discussion and remove it from the list, you will need to provide manga material as proof. If there's also anything you think we've covered numerous times, let me know and I'll update the list.

This is the only warning there'll be regarding these ground rules, anything no adhering will be removed. So please just check your posts before posting them.

Last edited by a moderator:

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yeah, wherever he lands strength wise, Lucci is probably not getting another go at Luffy.

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
Yeah, wherever he lands strength wise, Lucci is probably not getting another go at Luffy.
We may never know.

I think Lucci would want to get a rematch.

But yea, don't think he's going to be Luffy level, Luffy is already admiral tier IMO. Maybe he'll be around Zoro tier when.

Crimson Ice

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
Vandenreich
CC - i mentioned if he was tangible Pre TS Lucci would kill him/ if Lucci had CoA back then.
Moria - he gave Gear 2/3 Luffy a challenge in Thriller Bark but Moria did not push Luffy as much as Lucci did. I honestly believe Lucci could defeat Moria mid/high Diff
Pacifistas - okay that is a tough one, but I think even Pre TS Luffy could defeat one by himself but it would have been a long high diff battle where it could go 50/50
Baby 5 and Dellinger - They were pretty pathetic in my eyes, Im surprised Dellinger was able to beat Bellamy somehow. But either way both of them showed nothing of sort that makes them powerful, they had no haki, speed was low, strength not great just low level fighters.
Bellamy - got one hit KO'd by a base punch with CoA from Luffy, that was pretty lame.
Hajrudin - he also got one hit KO'd by Luffy
Pre TS Law and Urouge - If Gear 2 Luffy had a log drawn high diff battle with Lucci, do you think Law has the stamina to keep up? You may mention Room but Lucci is fast enough to dodge Law's sword and I dont think Law would be fast enough to dodge Lucci. Urouge maybe but hes all strength, I doubt Urouge could have defeated Luffy or even Moria so Im not giving the W to Urouge.

People think because its the NW, individuals who are there are automatically stronger than the ones from the Paradise, which is normally true but not certain. Some of the pirates in the NW have shown a poor performance not NW quality. But those are the ones who are in the lowest part of the ladders in their respective crews.
CC - I know you said Lucci could still hit him, but he loses regardless. Attacks like gastanet and burning slash are probably KO'ing Lucci, while Ceasar was able to take blows from Punk Hazard Luffy. Lucci not being able to get in close because of oxygen removal is the cherry on top.

Moria - Please, most of the damage done to Moria was done by Nightmare Luffy, the strongest version of pre-time skip Luffy by far. When it was regular Luffy vs Moria he mostly just knocked the shadows out of him. Moria was able to fight against one of Whitebeard's commanders and was able to get up after taking a blow from Jinbei.

Pacifsta - No, Luffy would have lost. The ENTIRE strawhat crew damn near had a high-dif fight against one yet you think Luffy alone is beating one? Cmon now, let's be sensible. Even Law, Kidd, and both of their crews had to team up to beat one. Luffy gets rolled on his own.

Baby 5 - She was able to hold her own against Sai, who is above Lucci.

Dellinger - He beat Bellamy pretty easily and steam-rolled multiple alliance members.

Bellamy - So what if he lost to Luffy. This version of Luffy is one hitting Lucci, meanwhile, I don't know if Lucci is getting through Luffy's haki like Bellamy.

Hajrudin - Once again, the version of Luffy he lost to is wiping the floor with Lucci. Hajrudin was able to beat one of Doffy's top commanders which involved a feat of him sending a man who weighs 10,000 tonnes flying.

Any top fighter in a prominent figures crew will most likely smoke characters who can't even stand up to Pacifstas. Pre ts Luffy and Lucci by extension ain't much in the NW. There's a reason he had to go train. People forget how potent haki is against people who can't use them. All of Enel's crew was damn near unhittable to characters on paradise because they knew standard observation. The ago between note-worthy paradise and new world pirates are huge.

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
We may never know.

I think Lucci would want to get a rematch.

But yea, don't think he's going to be Luffy level, Luffy is already admiral tier IMO. Maybe he'll be around Zoro tier when.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Honestly, seems pretty dumb to automatically write Lucci off as not being strong enough to fight Luffy, especially given that characters can actually get significantly stronger over time. If Luffy gained so much strength from his fight against Lucci to now, why can't Lucci do the same?

XXGenesis

有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
Lucci is surely stronger than Who’s Who’s…So that would make him commander lv;

Honestly, seems pretty dumb to automatically write Lucci off as not being strong enough to fight Luffy, especially given that characters can actually get significantly stronger over time. If Luffy gained so much strength from his fight against Lucci to now, why can't Lucci do the same?
Consistency on how Oda writes his story. Ppl are just spouting their feelings. From how Oda writes his story it’s very very unlikely

grey matter

Reaction score
Country
India
I get the logic, but Luffy's growth is far too high compared to the rest. He was also trained by Rayleigh during timeskip. Immediately after timeskip, Luffy was Doflamingo level, which is YC 2 tier. After which, he developed advanced observation haki vs Katakuri, and advanced armament haki as well as coating of conqueror's haki in Wano, and is now probably admiral tier.
Hard to believe Lucci can replicate this growth.

Zoro also had insane growth rate, with being trained by the best swordsman in the verse, and getting Oden's sword. He also probably unknowingly awakened conquereor's haki and coat it by accident in Wano, considering he managed to give a good injury to Kaido.

These two had insane growth during the timeskip, as well as in the arcs since then,

To emphasize how insane their growth was, let's compare Zoro and Sanji pre timeskip and post timeskip
Pre timeskip, Zoro and Sanji were somewhat close, with Zoro strong enough to maybe high diff him.
But post timeskip, the gap between them widened a lot, Only now is Sanji closing the gap again, and for that he needed germa suit + his biology changing due to Judge's shenanigans.

Sanji had good training, but somewhat tame training compared to what Luffy and Zoro had. And it was shown in the wide gap between Zoro and Sanji post timeskip, until Germa suit + Germa biology started kicking in

Lucci was strong enough to be slightly above Luffy pre timeskip. There is no way Lucci trained like Luffy or Zoro did. Assuming a high growth rate, he would be around current Zoro level at best

HereNThere

Alive Ain't Always Livin'
Mangahelper
Reaction score
Country
United States
Dammit, now I'm salty about the Flying Six again. They really deserved better. At least Ulti and Mariah were treated well.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Consistency on how Oda writes his story. Ppl are just spouting their feelings. From how Oda writes his story it’s very very unlikely
"consistency" is a horrible reason, and it annoys me when Hannibal Psyche uses this as a reason, despite Oda willing to be inconsistent when needed or wanted. Consistency makes for boredom, and I'm sure Oda doesn't want that.
I get the logic, but Luffy's growth is far too high compared to the rest. He was also trained by Rayleigh during timeskip. Immediately after timeskip, Luffy was Doflamingo level, which is YC 2 tier. After which, he developed advanced observation haki vs Katakuri, and advanced armament haki as well as coating of conqueror's haki in Wano, and is now probably admiral tier.

Zoro also had insane growth rate, with being trained by the best swordsman in the verse, and getting Oden's sword. He also probably unknowingly awakened conquereor's haki and coat it by accident in Wano, considering he managed to give a good injury to Kaido.

These two had insane growth during the timeskip, as well as in the arcs since then,

To emphasize how insane their growth was, let's compare Zoro and Sanji pre timeskip and post timeskip
Pre timeskip, Zoro and Sanji were somewhat close, with Zoro strong enough to maybe high diff him.
But post timeskip, the gap between them widened a lot, Only now is Sanji closing the gap again, and for that he needed germa suit + his biology changing due to Judge's shenanigans.

Sanji had good training, but somewhat tame training compared to what Luffy and Zoro had. And it was shown in the wide gap between Zoro and Sanji post timeskip, until Germa suit + Germa biology started kicking in

Lucci was strong enough to be slightly above Luffy pre timeskip. There is no way Lucci trained like Luffy or Zoro did. Assuming a high growth rate, he would be around current Zoro level at best
I get that, but that doesn't mean Lucci's or other characters' can't have a similar growth. We don't know what Lucci did after his loss, other than the cover story, so for all we know he could have had one of the strongest Marines training him, like Sengoku. All I"m saying is that there's a possibility, and that we shouldn't discount it just because we don't think it's possible. Crocodile somehow went from losing to Luffy from a punch to enduring more damage in the war despite being locked up for a long enough time.

XXGenesis

Reaction score
Country
Turkmenistan
CC - I know you said Lucci could still hit him, but he loses regardless. Attacks like gastanet and burning slash are probably KO'ing Lucci, while Ceasar was able to take blows from Punk Hazard Luffy. Lucci not being able to get in close because of oxygen removal is the cherry on top.

Moria - Please, most of the damage done to Moria was done by Nightmare Luffy, the strongest version of pre-time skip Luffy by far. When it was regular Luffy vs Moria he mostly just knocked the shadows out of him. Moria was able to fight against one of Whitebeard's commanders and was able to get up after taking a blow from Jinbei.

Pacifsta - No, Luffy would have lost. The ENTIRE strawhat crew damn near had a high-dif fight against one yet you think Luffy alone is beating one? Cmon now, let's be sensible. Even Law, Kidd, and both of their crews had to team up to beat one. Luffy gets rolled on his own.

Baby 5 - She was able to hold her own against Sai, who is above Lucci.

Dellinger - He beat Bellamy pretty easily and steam-rolled multiple alliance members.

Bellamy - So what if he lost to Luffy. This version of Luffy is one hitting Lucci, meanwhile, I don't know if Lucci is getting through Luffy's haki like Bellamy.

Hajrudin - Once again, the version of Luffy he lost to is wiping the floor with Lucci. Hajrudin was able to beat one of Doffy's top commanders which involved a feat of him sending a man who weighs 10,000 tonnes flying.

Any top fighter in a prominent figures crew will most likely smoke characters who can't even stand up to Pacifstas. Pre ts Luffy and Lucci by extension ain't much in the NW. There's a reason he had to go train. People forget how potent haki is against people who can't use them. All of Enel's crew was damn near unhittable to characters on paradise because they knew standard observation. The ago between note-worthy paradise and new world pirates are huge.
What separates NW Pirates & others from the earlier half of the grand line is that they are stronger Pirates, more than likely under a Yonkou’s crew or the knowledge & usage Haki.

Pre TS Luffy with G2 has hurt and defeated Haki users pre TS.

So we forgot about Coby’s growth?!
Lucci is def above Who’s Who’s. Maybe nigh admiral lv. But no way can he be Yonkou lv

Last edited:

kkck

Waifu Slayer
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
To me it's a pretty big stretch that current lucci is anywhere even near admiral level or YC1-3. That would amount to a growth rate comparable to luffy's... To me it makes sense that lucci's growth has been closer to smoker's than to luffy's. Probably about comparable to the VAs (the ones that weren't candidates for admiral at least).

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States
To me it's a pretty big stretch that current lucci is anywhere even near admiral level or YC1-3. That would amount to a growth rate comparable to luffy's... To me it makes sense that lucci's growth has been closer to smoker's than to luffy's. Probably about comparable to the VAs (the ones that weren't candidates for admiral at least).
All we need is for Lucci to make Zoro wince one time and we'll have people scaling him to Yonko level so we just gotta wait 😂

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
All we need is for Lucci to make Zoro wince one time and we'll have people scaling him to Yonko level so we just gotta wait 😂
Did people do that to Apoo when he knocked out Luffy*?

* IF HE KNOCKED OUT LUFFY, BEFORE ANNOYING FANS GET UP MY ASS FOR NOT REMEMBERING CORRECTLY

Pirate Queen

Reaction score
Country
United States

* IF HE KNOCKED OUT LUFFY, BEFORE ANNOYING FANS GET UP MY ASS FOR NOT REMEMBERING CORRECTLY
Yes they did lol

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
Apoo knocking luffy out is largely seen as a fluke-

outside of the initial shock, no one takes it seriously, or really talks about it.

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
Yes they did lol
Weird, I don't remember that at all. Probably for the best though.

Apoo knocking luffy out is largely seen as a fluke-

outside of the initial shock, no one takes it seriously, or really talks about it.
It's not a fluke tbh, it doesn't make Luffy look bad for being knocked out by an attack he didn't see coming or know anything about.

Ellenate

Reaction score
Country
United States
It's not a fluke tbh, it doesn't make Luffy look bad for being knocked out by an attack he didn't see coming or know anything about.
it's not so much that he got knocked out by an attack he couldn't see coming-

it's the fact that he; ran deep into kaido's hq solo, effectively surrounded himself with enemies, prepared by knowing none of their abilities, and then made his presence known to all of them.

LaGOAT

Reaction score
Country
United States

Bro DD isn’t on queen lvl he is YC3 lvl

M3J

MH Senpai
Reaction score
Country
Akatsuki
it's not so much that he got knocked out by an attack he couldn't see coming-

it's the fact that he; ran deep into kaido's hq solo, effectively surrounded himself with enemies, prepared by knowing none of their abilities, and then made his presence known to all of them.
Not gonna lie, it's immensely annoying to see that given Zoro told Luffy to be more serious, and Luffy agreed and promised.