Discussion - One Piece - Rock Paper Logia | MangaHelpers

• Join in and nominate your favorite shows of the summer season 2023!

Discussion One Piece - Rock Paper Logia

zetsu banned

MH Senpai
MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
United States
So... does anybody thing we'll have another Rubber > Lightning surprise weakness? I for one want to see Kizaru fight Blackbeard for this reason. Obviously BB's plot armor is thicker than Kizaru's, but it'd be fun to see the next "BB is on the ropes like the protagonist" moment we so often see him in.

jackthai

中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
Reaction score
Country
Brazil
Actually there's a lot of examples like this one, lava vs ice and fire, lightning vs rubber, sand vs water (not the logia but the element itself).
Not only BB is the only opposite devil fruit Kizaru has, we also have Gecko Moria (shadow vs light) but he is too weak to fulfill this place :'( and that's bad because he's one of my favorite characters.

I'm convinced that Gecko will appear again helping Luffy and getting his revenge giving him lot's of shadows and so we will see nightmare Luffy at fullpower with haki and stuff, that's the only way I can see Luffy facing Kaidou one on one so far.

Hannibal Psyche

MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Mud vs Fire; Mud nullifies Fire the same way Lava would do Fire.

kkck

Waifu Slayer
神のごとし / Kami no Gotoshi / Godlike
Reaction score
Country
Fire Nation
So... does anybody thing we'll have another Rubber > Lightning surprise weakness? I for one want to see Kizaru fight Blackbeard for this reason. Obviously BB's plot armor is thicker than Kizaru's, but it'd be fun to see the next "BB is on the ropes like the protagonist" moment we so often see him in.
I think their specific abilities might be more in the "cancelling each other" area rather than either being the specific weakness of the other. It also depends on the logic given by oda if they do clash. Kizaru is light but BB is a tad more ambigous. As darkness could be either neutral or loose against light. But BB is also gravity. And gravity potentially makes light it's bitch.
--- Double Post Merged, , Original Post Date: ---
Actually there's a lot of examples like this one, lava vs ice and fire, lightning vs rubber, sand vs water (not the logia but the element itself).
Not only BB is the only opposite devil fruit Kizaru has, we also have Gecko Moria (shadow vs light) but he is too weak to fulfill this place :'( and that's bad because he's one of my favorite characters.

I'm convinced that Gecko will appear again helping Luffy and getting his revenge giving him lot's of shadows and so we will see nightmare Luffy at fullpower with haki and stuff, that's the only way I can see Luffy facing Kaidou one on one so far.
I would be surprised that kizaru was able to fight akainu to such a bitter end if his ability was at that much of a disadvantage against lava. I get the impression both hurt each other in this fight. Aokiji would obviously take damage from the heat but at the same time assuming aokiji can freeze the lava puts akainu at a huge disadvantage as well as it specifically makes him solid. Even ace's fire fruit would probably be better.

sp0nje

下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
Reaction score
Country
Netherlands
Mud vs Fire; Mud nullifies Fire the same way Lava would do Fire.
Caribou could have been the natural enemy of Ace (and now Sabo). Ofcourse he got no change because of their Haki.
Caesar Clown his Gasu Gasu no mi is also a natural enermy to fire. He can remove oxygen and bye bye Fire.

Magma and ice may be equal. But Magna definitely wins from snow (Monet). I guess Ice > Snow too. Just like with Magma > Fire. I wonder how Fire vs Snow works.

Damn.. Logia is pretty rare.. There really ain't a lot of them ^^

Edit: If an Air logia ever comes, then Fire > Air

TitaniumOxide

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
What about wind wind logia? I suspected for the longest time that he is a wind logia...or storm logia which is quite the overkill because storm just encompass way too many different aspects. But he does seem to appear during specific weather conditions, stormy to fair conditions. Anyways CC's gas gas logia can possibly do some surprising things to a possible wind logia.

Tonix

英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
Reaction score
Country
United States
I think Jozu's diamond ability, or a mirror-mirror fruit would be a good counter for Kizaru's logia. I would like to see Jozu take a light beam and just refract it.

I also found this silly shirt when looking for pictures of diamonds refracting: